Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (64931 Views)

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / 12 Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do And Consider Normal / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by oglalasioux(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
I suppose devote Christians should change and observe them or are they going to hide under the excuses that Jesus cancelled them? Each church denomination choses what they want from the bible and discard the rest as old testament. Interestingly, tithing which is an old testament thing is always at the forefront.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
SirWere:
And when people call the bible outdated, people will start shouting "son of the devil".
Do you wish for the bible to changed for you to think its not outdated?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Tritone02:
continue

Correct interpretation: The sin is not just the casual glance or seeing but the meditating, the imagination, the dwelling upon lustfully. Today the physical and media environments are so s.ex.ua.lly perfused with nud..ity and such that it is almost impossible not to be exposed to potentially lustful images and sightings, even in church!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by oz4real83(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
leofab:
are you not ashamed of yourself? Who made the laws in he first place? I know you won't hesitate to call them the laws of Moses !!! embarassed
openly expressing an opinion about an issue u know nothing about makes u look stupid and foolish. It is better to listen than speak when u know nothing about something.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

1Timothy 2:9
"likewise, I want women to adore themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. "

In the context this was written it meant 'put emphasis on this (the inner beauty of holiness and godliness), rather than that (the extravagant adorning of the body)'. It did not and doesn't mean 'this only and never that'. The watchword is HOLY SPIRIT DEFINED MODERATION in external adorning.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Figs(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
doG is confused.
hiS followers as well.
go seek God's face
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Figs(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
NwaNimo1:
More Front Page Crap . ..
Man created god . . .and the bible!
then hw did man exist,scholar?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by billyG(m): 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
4) Eating more than you have to:
Proverbs 23:2 ... And put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony"
To commit Suicide b/c u are a Glutton no b sin,i disagree with that.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
3) Women speaking in church :

1corinthians 14:34
"let your woman keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law".

This was culture- related which the emerging church in wisdom had to promote. Still happens today where women are still under much subjection. In freer societies, however, we shouldn't do that. Male and Female are equal before God.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Rockyrascal(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
Sasuwa:
Happy christMUSHE
girl u sure look like ana banner.....compliments of the season.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
5) Trimming your beard:
leviticus 19:27 "Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard"
Purely OT matter.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by KENFERDYOORI(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
3) Women speaking in church :

1corinthians 14:34
"let your woman keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law".
These people interpreting the Bible literally, just committing fallacies everywhere.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Figs(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
menesheh:
If anybody ever say that the old testament is meant for the jews, and that most, instead of all the old testament practices are not viable today have these questions to answer

1. Why did jesus said that he came to fulfill the old testament laws instead of saying he came to amend or abolish such laws.

2. Does that means that god is inconsistent and fallible by issuing out laws initially and amending it later via a presumed son.

3. Why did pastors and priests Pick and choose verses in the old testament that they need each time especially the tithe part and criticizes others practices not compatible with the new testament gospel.

4. Why not choke out the old testament entirely out of the Christian holy book and leave them to the sole owners, the jews, instead of confusing yourselves with both.

5. Which criteria do you actually apply to know the part that are still relevant and the one that are not since the bible didn't compile list of leftie ones.

6. Why the fucck must you even care what the Bible gat to offer since people don't remember those bible tenets whenever they want to do their thing, and also since Nigeria Constitution don't punish you for doing those things. Infact laws not adhere to and still no punishment afterwards are irrelevant and have zero bearing on our day to day life endeavors.

So i urge everyone to do his/her thing and forget laws made by ancient and naive medieval men to control its population, of which, it served as a constitution to them then. They lacked objectivity when compiling those laws of which they have no good and valid reasons and justifications why you shouldn't do those things.
u ar more dan confused.u need alot of sleep

1 Like

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by dubemivan(m): 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ewizard:
No.1 Guilty as charged! undecided

Man gats observe, imaginate, compare and contrast ni..

Lord! Amma sinner who's probably gonna sin again,plz 4giv me.
Yes you should use your mind but POSITIVELY (Phil 4:cool
Always come boldly to the THRONE of GRACE to recieve mercy and obtain grace at the time of need! Heb 4:12
But discipline yourself to flee from youthful lust 2Tim 2:20-25.
No womaniser or fornicator will share in the Kingdom of God!
Happy sunday!

1 Like

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
CoolUsername:
Mixed fabrics are bad too!

All of you, with your 50% cotton 50% polyester blends are going to hell.

No, we are not. This passage, again, is purely OT. It can NEVER nullify the salvation Christ wrought for any man!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
7) Tattoos:

leviticus 19:28
" ya shall not make any cuttings in the flesh of the dead, nor print any marks upon you, I am the Lord

Does this include tribal and related beautification marks?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
What a confused religion
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by billyG(m): 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
5) Trimming your beard:

leviticus 19:27
"Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard"
So make we dey carry beard like Goat,Ewu,ewure,he-goat,shakau abi?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
Figs:
go seek God's face

Satan forbid!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by jrerico1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
calliope:
whether forbidden or not... Amma wear one next year!
And you knw why.. Cos it gonna make feel good and happy! grin
how will your husband to be look at you?? Smh
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by WebSurfer(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Elxandre:

I don't care if you are bald.

The simple truth is you wear that dreadlocks!
It's simple English.

I'm not looking at it from a religious angle now, I'm only trying to explain what you can already find in your dictionary for you.

Guilty conscience dey make you define English words in another way entirely grin

The truth is that many of Paul postulations has been cast aside!
Women speaking out in the church etc.
you go and learn english properly
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by calliope(f): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
how will your husband to be look at you?? Smh
she is gonna like it! Trust me grin
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Hmm I can't debate these things, I'll leave it for bible scholars. However, remember the requirement for "making heaven" is not "never braiding your hair"
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by FuckTheMod: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
CoolUsername:
Mixed fabrics are bad too!

All of you, with your 50% cotton 50% polyester blends are going to hell.
grin
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by FILEBE(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
calliope:
she is gonna like it! Trust me grin
calliope calliope. My person.
If you have someone is always tempted to steal. What will you advice that person to do?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by menesheh(m): 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
Figs:
u ar more dan confused.u need alot of sleep

tongue tongue tongue

Am still waiting for your arguments.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by FuckTheMod: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
NwaNimo1:
More Front Page Crap . ..

Man created god . . .and the bible!
FIXED
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by TomiSwag(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
5) Trimming your beard:

leviticus 19:27
"Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard"

Lol.....4 real....I can't do with out DAT!
haha....dese are all old testament laws.
and Paul said " your women" he was specific about the Corinthian church coz der women were getting out of hand. Don't forget Deborah was a prophet in Israel which made her a church leader and she SPOKE!... Have a gr8 week n HappyNewYear!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Uten9z(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
If you want to understand better start it from the beginning to end of the chapter b4 u mislead ur selves
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by FuckTheMod: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
blueseacats:
These are all the laws Jesus Christ came to abolish.
You so dumb and such a hypocrite

Jesus himself said he came to fulfill the laws and you're turning it upside down angry

God will judge you.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by gatoyi: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lol. Tell them - some of those rules were asinine to begin with.

Funny how so many of them ended with "I am the Lord."

Really? You had time to make all those rules, yet gave nothing useful like

Most sickness is caused by tiny organisms, not demons. I am the Lord
Earthquakes are due to moving tectonic plates. No need to fear, just build your homes this way. I am the Lord
You can cure leprosy with antibiotics produced from fungi. I am the Lord
You can cure the malaria that kills millions of your children with the bark of this tree. I am the Lord

Mtcheew. Useless Lord.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Jabioro: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
...and you must have nothing to do with computers or adroid or electronic devices because they are of evil,all user will surely go to hell including the OP..Mtweew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / "You Will Die" - Johnson Suleiman To El-Rufai (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.