Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) (60683 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Maiduguri, Received By Borno Governor Shettima(pics) / See The Christmas Gift Rescued Chibokgirls Gave 2 Borno Governor Shettima(pics) / Yoruba-hausa Clash At Dangote Cement Factory In Ogun State, 30 Vehicles Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by stainlessnature: 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
keyzid:
30 vehicles for 304 million shocked... one must have costed 10million or there about... hmmm
Bro, they worth more. I believe they were bought at a discount. The Landcruiser is expensive than the prado. More so, it's a special made vehicle. The one my company sold recently worths over 13million naira
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
989900:

Those are military SUVs.

They are Toyota Landcruiser trucks (military version), not 'Hilux'.

Your american military 'jeeps' were actually produced by Toyota for over a 40 year period.
Bullshit.These vehicles are pure crap.Armoured my Nyash.This ford cars just have better manueverability than d Toyota.That is its only advantage. The Governor is a thief simple nd short.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
989900:

Those are military SUVs.

They are Toyota Landcruiser trucks (military version), not 'Hilux'.

Your american military 'jeeps' were actually produced by Toyota for over a 40 year period.
Bullshit.These vehicles are pure crap.SUV my Nyash.This ford cars just have better manueverability than d Toyota.That is its only advantage. The Governor is a thief simple nd short.An SUV is something like a humvee.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by stainlessnature: 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
keyzid:
30 vehicles for 304 million shocked... one must have costed 10million or there about... hmmm
Bro, they worth more. I believe they were bought at a discount. The Landcruiser is expensive than the prado. More so, it's a special made vehicle. The one my company sold recently worths over 13million naira

1 Like

Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by histemple: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
Nigerians cannot be fooled. God is watching BH sponsors.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by authority2006(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
prof1990:
so each of these cost almost 10million? the dont look new, am sure they aren't bulletproof. nigerian politicians
The news is very scanty, it didn't say much about those vehicles. They had to be new but can't say anything about being armoured or not.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by IAMWEALTHY: 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
sameer1212:
Good.

GOD bless the governor

GOD bless and protect our gallant Army men

GOD bless Nigeria

Merry christmas to every!

Is this from his personal money of from the allocation given to him to pay wokers and improve their lives? I'm not trying to discredit him or whatever, but nigerians should stop praising or worshiping these politicians as if they are the almighty God or something. When governors construct 500 meters road with our money the people start singing their praises. The money is from us Nigerian and for us and will be of us. If these governors live by their monthly salaries, use our money and build infrastructures like they should, foreigners would flood into nigeria and invest and our men and women will have jobs. Curses on all thiefery governrs and their entire generation born and unborn.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by emmygzy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
989900:

How much should they cost?

It's best to be sure of things you guys post, before you post them.

You just don't 'wail' for the fun of it.

Those trucks though not armored, are 2014 Toyota Landcruiser trucks (military version) -- you 'prolly' wanted to see fancy SUVs.

They retail @ averagely $38,000 (conservatively) each -- it is actually more.

Whoever supplied them is legally allowed up to 30-35% profit on each.

Should we weep for your ignorance instead?

SMH at y'all yelling murder.
custom ko, customer ni. Something that they will go and buy and then spray. Its normal toyota pickup vehicles that was sprayed with camouflage colour. Its just like buying Kia picanto for the police and then spraying it with their color. Nigeria doesn't buy specially made customized vehicles.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Louiscutedude(m): 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
This z better than wasting 600m on Xmas tree
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Rexyl(m): 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
I find it difficult to understand why this governor wasn't sincere enough in fighting and defeating boko haram right from its outset. Is he just doing eye service?
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by harry509: 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
sixtuschimere:
Governor Kashim Shettima has donated 30 sports utility vehicles worth N304 million to aid “Operation Dole Lafia,” the code name for the military’s counter-insurgency operations.The cars are expected to assist the army in the battle against insurgency.

He presented the cars to Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali,Nigerian defence minister when the Minister paid him a courtesy visit this week. Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali was accompanied by Nigeria’s Chief of Defense Staff, General G.A. Olanisakin, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall S.B. Abubakar, and other army officers.

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/boko-haramgov-shettima-donates-30.html?m=1
they shud use it 4 d may purpose oooh.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by 1miccza: 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
This one ma is nat kwarrapshan pa
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Reptyle(m): 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
emmygzy:
custom ko, customer ni. Something that they will go and buy and then spray. Its normal toyota pickup vehicles that was sprayed with camouflage colour. Its just like buying Kia picanto for the police and then spraying it with their color. Nigeria doesn't buy specially made customized vehicles.

These are not "normal Toyota pickup vehicles".

How many "normal Toyota pickup" trucks do you know that have machine gun mounts on their backs?

Google is your friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by 989900: 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
SexyKaycee:
[s] Bullshit.These vehicles are pure crap.SUV my Nyash.This ford cars just have better manueverability than d Toyota.That is its only advantage. The Governor is a thief simple nd short.An SUV is something like a humvee.[/s]
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by 989900: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
emmygzy:
[s]custom ko, customer ni. Something that they will go and buy and then spray. Its normal toyota pickup vehicles that was sprayed with camouflage colour. Its just like buying Kia picanto for the police and then spraying it with their color. Nigeria doesn't buy specially made customized vehicles.[/s]
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Spanner4(m): 9:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
alatbaba1:
Governor Kashim Shettima has donated 30 sports utility vehicles worth N304 million to aid “Operation Dole Lafia,” the code name for the military’s counter-insurgency operations.

Each SUV cost #10. Nigeria which way forward? That N304 million would have serve more if the government have been more sincere.

But he try sha. Some one some where is using N600 million for Christmas tree.

Change!!!

A.k.a Mallam Roche......OkoRo.... Abi
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by alatbaba1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
Spanner4:

A.k.a Mallam Roche......OkoRo.... Abi

HaAaaa. I no mention any name ooo. Before dansuki go mention my name for court say i follow chop dollar.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Spanner4(m): 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
alatbaba1:

HaAaaa. I no mention any name ooo. Before dansuki go mention my name for court say i follow chop dollar.

Smiles, Baba Dansukigate they fear u
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by abumeinben(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
enitiObanke:

Guy these are rugged near military-grade Toyota Land cruiser 4x4,.....not the everyday luxury land cruiser whichever itself costs more than N14million a piece.
It's mostly used by donor/foreign organizations in Africa for rough terrain.

I'll accept this only if they're bulletproof
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Koleman(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
SexyKaycee:
Bullshit.These vehicles are pure crap.Armoured my Nyash.This ford cars just have better manueverability than d Toyota.That is its only advantage. The Governor is a thief simple nd short.
oga buy rope.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Ekenedirichukwu(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
Is it N304m or N340m? Mind how you report news
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by christopher700: 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
mtchwwwm cars cannot fight lord boko! mr
sixtuschimere:
Governor Kashim Shettima has donated 30 sports utility vehicles worth N304 million to aid “Operation Dole Lafia,” the code name for the military’s counter-insurgency operations.The cars are expected to assist the army in the battle against insurgency.

He presented the cars to Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali,Nigerian defence minister when the Minister paid him a courtesy visit this week. Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali was accompanied by Nigeria’s Chief of Defense Staff, General G.A. Olanisakin, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall S.B. Abubakar, and other army officers.

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/boko-haramgov-shettima-donates-30.html?m=1
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by micahfred: 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
Is a nice one tnx bro[b][/b]
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by GenOrumov: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
I think suffering has battered the psyche of Nigerians that any news of money spent, eyebrows are raised without even bothering to investigate and confirm if the spending is in order.

Its a shock that some Nigerians don't know how much a new car costs because we are so used to Tokunbo cars.
They don't know that notwithstanding the budget for defence, our military is still under- kitted.
They don't know that there is something called security vote which the Governor of all 36 states can spend on any area of security matters they feel is important.

I'm not boasting but I got my new Corolla '15 for almost N6m and its not even the hiighest trim.

Now how much do you now think a new SUV designed for military warfare should now cost?
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by tuna4servi(m): 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
At least they bought each for 11.3m, Hmmmmm Nigeria
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by okparea(m): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
after the scam some fools will still awake up to praise the thief call governor .. no matter the amount you thief na still 6 feet
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by MadCow1: 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
keyzid:

Nice observation.

Let me hope that it includes equipping each car with other gadgets like radios, respecting it in military colours and other extra features like tougher suspension, bigger engines and stuff.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by amanze15(m): 3:24am On Dec 26, 2015
emmygzy:
armoured wetin? Motor wey dem spray.
haba toyota don stop production for those rangers sef
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by AfroKnight: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2015
unanonso:

A good armored SUV costs much more than 10m naira.
No discount? Plus import duties waiver. Anyway, you're still correct.

1 Like

Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by Kagarko(m): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2015
keyzid:

SUV‘s they say...
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by donshaddow(m): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2015
Really sorry to say this is a misplaced priority!

I'd rather divert the resources in taking care of the displaced and let the FG equip the army.
Re: The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
sameer1212:
Good.

GOD bless the governor

GOD bless and protect our gallant Army men

GOD bless Nigeria

Merry christmas to every!

How do you expect a 10m naira soft skin Landcruiser to protect your soldiers ??
He just bought pleasure rides for senior officers who will most likely take it home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) / Adamu Bulkachuwa: If You Want Another War, Nigerian Will Have No Choice / Osun Rerun: Voters Without White Handkerchief Stopped From Voting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.