Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (95187 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by musicwriter(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Ghen Ghen. ..go on bro!!

The whole world will know the truth very very soon. Check page 17 for the updated post. Follow the instruction to watch the recommended documentary. It's a well researched documentary about the erasing of black history and bible characters. Have a nice day.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missionmex(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please any one with the soft copy should do me a favour. Emeka.eze000@gmail.com. That is zero not ow. Thanks. No knowledge is a waste
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
lestat:

Shut up!! Do you know God?!!! Fraudster!! Ajegunle pastor!! I bet u see visions and prophecies too?

Low life criminal minded tat!

Easy bro. .you're doing exactly what you're accusing him of. We're all here to learn, let it go
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
erusen:
u dont what happen all those centuries ago.so its good the research.but the bad thing is that they are some fabricated stories.i read the book last year and i nearly ran mad to much mysteries.but i was not decieved for long as a saw a verse that contradicts JESUS i understand why it was not accepted.and as an old testament book ezra did not bind it with the rest according to instructions from God.
this is hot air, have u made research on d books ezra binded? Ezra didnt bind 39 books, he bind d "books of d law" only, he didnt add d prophet, or job or ester, those are in ur bibles but ezra didnt add them!

If u are only reading d books ezra bind then u should have 5 old testaments books not 39.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Spikkylee: 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Dont frgt to share with us after reading it.. Check ur mail
Pls send to; adebayodare06@gmail.com.....
Thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by toludadon(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

thanks so much. I have seen it

pls can you upload the book on dropbox and share the link?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by NOBODYY: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Jereblingzy12: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
If u read this down u wuld knw d reason y d book of enoch is not In d bible. In Genesis
5:21-24 we are told that Enoch
walked with God. In my research
I have found the book of Enoch.
I have read it over and over
and found it to be very moving
and very inspiring. It was the
very key to bring me back to our
Lord and Savior. It is a blue
print of all things past, present,
and future from Genesis to the
Son of Man (Jesus Christ) our
Messiah, to the secret day of
judgment. It is almost the whole
Bible in one book. My question is,
why isn't this wonderful book in
the Bible?
Bible Answer: The book of Enoch
is one of the Pseudepigrapha
books and was apparently
written during the first century
before Jesus Christ. The book
contains one hundred and eight
chapters divided into five
sections. The introductory
chapters, 1-5, provide a short
introduction of Enoch and speak
to the major themes of rewards,
punishment, the end of the
world and final judgment. Book
1 includes chapters 6-36 and is
primarily about angels, the Tree
of Life, Jerusalem, and the
universe. Book 2 includes
chapters 37-71 and deals with
the One, the Son of God, or the
Messiah, resurrection, the flood,
Noah, future judgment, and
paradise. Book 3 (chap. 72-82)
deals with stars, moon,
astronomy, the universe, and
Enoch's mission. Book IV (chap.
83-90) presents predictions
about the flood, a historical
sketch, the future of Israel,
and the messianic kingdom. Book
V (chap. 91-105) addresses a
variety of topics and the
concluding chapters 106-108
end the book.
While the book is
fascinating to read, it is
important to note that the book
is not scripture. That is, the book
is not inspired by God. The book
was quoted in the Apocryphal
book of Baruch, and in several
early church manuscripts:
Barnabas 16:5, Idolatry 15:6
(Tertullian), and Eccl. Proph 3
(Clement of Alexandria). Some
have speculated that Jude
14-15 is a quote from the book
of Enoch and concluded that
Jude regarded Enoch as
scripture. The following two
quotes compare Jude 14-15 to
the suspected passage in the
book of Enoch.
. . . Behold, the Lord
came with many
thousands of His holy
ones, to execute
judgment upon all,
and to convict all the
ungodly of all their
ungodly deeds which
they have done in an
ungodly way, and of
all the harsh things
which ungodly sinners
have spoken against
Him. (NASB) Jude
14-15
. . . Behold, he will
arrive with ten million
of the holy ones in
order to execute
judgment upon all. He
will destroy the wicked
ones and censure all
flesh on account of
everything that they
have done, that which
the sinners and the
wicked ones committed
against him. - Enoch
1:9
Careful examination of the two
passages reveals some significant
differences. First, Jude refers
to "thousands" of angels, but
Enoch refers to "millions." Jude
says that God will "convict" all
of the ungodly, but Enoch says
that they will be "destroyed."
The rest of the two passages
disagree in wording in minor
ways. Therefore, it is inaccurate
to conclude that Jude quoted
Enoch. Since the book of Jude
was written by Jude under the
influence of God the Holy Spirit,
we conclude that the book of
Jude is truth. Therefore Enoch
is wrong with regard to some
facts.
The book of Enoch was
never referred to by Jesus or
any of the New Testament
writers as scripture, and the
book was not included in the New
Testament by the apostles. It is
commonly misunderstood that
the content of the Bible evolved
over time. But the New
Testament clearly tells us that
the apostles were identifying
scripture as it was being written
( 1 Tim. 5:17-18 ; 2 Pet. 3:14-16 ).
The New Testament books were
being distributed by the apostles
to the various churches to be
read ( Gal. 6:11 ; Col. 4:16 ; 1
Thess. 5:27 ; 2 Thess. 2:2 ; 3:14).
By the time the apostles died,
the New Testament had been
written and its books were
known. The Muratorian Fragment
and several of the early fathers
have left us a list of books that
were identified as belonging to
the New Testament. The book of
Enoch was never included. Some
books were challenged later but
never with success.
Conclusion: You asked the
question, "Why isn't this
wonderful book included in the
Bible?" The answer is that Jesus
and the apostles never called it
scripture. It is important to note
that a few early church fathers
highly valued the book of Enoch
but they never referred to it as
scripture. Therefore, we cannot
view it as authorative since it is
not the Word of God.e
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ademasta(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

yea.seen it
Thank you
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by optimistD(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
please send it to me also. ochonmadarlinton@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Did Moses write the book...?! yes or no... it really is a very simple question...

As stated... the magical content of the book was used to conquer the magicians of pharaoh... what's occultic about that...

You're just giving tit bits here and there...i really wonder why you're holding back cheesy . Oya begin type now or elllseee. cheesy
I like this thread...OP, good job. Im beginning to understand some things. Now a fan of @musicwriter
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
I cannot accept lies, the book say angels give eternal life, things only God alone can do. Isn't this a way to blasphemy God ?
the book never said d angels give eternal life, u dont need to lie, it only identified d work of each angel, one of dem is in charge of those called to repentance and eternal life. D angel isnt in charge of eternal life, it is in charge of those who are called to it.
Thank u.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by musicwriter(m): 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
NOBODYY:

True mehn
You'll need this
Thank me later cool
http://www.africason.com/2015/07/modern-israel-is-not-descendant-of.html?m=1

Yes, that was my personal research done some months ago. You can see clearly that all the names found in the genealogy of Adam, Abraham to Jesus Christ are nowhere near the middle East. The cities, towns, corresponding to ancient Hebrew names are not modern day Israelis.

Please check my updated post on page 17, and make sure you watch the recommended documentary. You can even check at the bottom of the page you read, I think the documentary is also there.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Slimshady11: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
Now am fascinated by this book pls send it to me:mauricechisom275@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
olassy239:
how are u so sure that the one written by Enoch is lies and the one written by Timothy is right.......... fragment of wailing wailers

Chai...see as she carry Femi Adesina APC wahala come educative thread like this. Why?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
dejavski:

There is one book of tobias if am right?
the book is tobit, and dat one is only removed in protestant bibles, catholics and orthodox read it as scripture. It was compiled as part of d bible by d church.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by NOBODYY: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
musicwriter:

Yes, that was my personal research done some months ago. You can see clearly that all the names found in the genealogy of Adam, Abraham to Jesus Christ are nowhere near the middle East. The cities, towns, corresponding to ancient Hebrew names are not modern day Israelis.

Please check my updated post on page 17, and make sure you watch the recommended documentary. You can even check at the bottom of the page you read, I think the documentary is also there.
wow so you wrote this?? http://www.africason.com/2015/07/modern-israel-is-not-
descendant-of.html?m=1 shocked shocked
Ever since i ran into it.. All my mindset has been completely altered loll
Its really really eye opening
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by drstone1: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
adwem2003:

Please can I have a copy too?. adwem2003@yahoo.com

Please send to my mail at Livingstonechristopher@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

You're just giving tit bits here and there...i really wonder why you're holding back cheesy . Oya begin type now or elllseee. cheesy
I like this thread...OP, good job. Im beginning to understand some things. Now a fan of @music.writer

Come and Kidnap me... because the only way you'll get anything from me is to torture me with food and sexy ladies that look like toolz...
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
samted:

there are several 'religious' writings and books that never made it to the compilation of the 66 books.

there's the gospel of mary, the gospel of philip, the gospel of james...amongst others.

emperor constantine was the one who convened the council of nicea (the nicene council) and compiled the 66 books of the Bible among other things they did.

there is some lies here.
The council of nicea didnt compile d bible, constantine didnt compile d bible. The councils dat compiled d bible are d council of Hippo and that of Carthage.

They didnt compile 66 books, they compiled 73 books, the complete bible compiled by councils has 73 books, it is d protestant bibles dat were produced in d 16th century dat removed some books and made it 66.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
NakedEve:

I started making prayers like;
I break nature in the name of Jesus
I break time and use it to the favour of mankind.
I break the human genes n genome n whatever in them that is preventing them from manifesting the Powers of The Age to Come I break in Jesus name.
I open godly dimensions IJN and let the good things of those dimensions come unto me. Let godly ancient doors be open unto me.
I pray for Enoch were he is in paradise.
I rebuke the Antichrist n I pray that God will give the 2witnesses strength during the tribulation.
So many kain prayers like dis ehn by d time I finished I started dreaming about white godly beings coming to me.

Well maybe my brain is not strong enough to carry it all maybe that's y it all happened.

Can't stop laughing o
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ojialo(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
2016Utmerunz:
I have download the PDF of the book, But am scared to read
my late Uncle has that book, it has a tick green cover. and each time I open his locker to read that book I get scared too, imagine as a child, each time I touch that book something will ring into my ears not to open it.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by musicwriter(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
NOBODYY:

wow so you wrote this?? http://www.africason.com/2015/07/modern-israel-is-not-
descendant-of.html?m=1 shocked shocked
Ever since i ran into it.. All my mindset has been completely altered loll
Its really really eye opening

Yes, I wrote it of course!. I'm currently even writing an extended version of it, to prove it both scientifically and biblically. It will be up in second week of January 2016.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes there are many conspiracy theory regarding christianity and why many books were removed from the modern day bible. I even have a bible (nox version) with books not in this current version we use.

I've always maintained that religion is the undoing of the African man.

Of course you're a muslim, but have you taken your time to question your own religion and find lope holes in it?

You should know Christianity is just as porous as Islam with it comes to issues like this.

For once I totally agree with you!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Stemalex(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

thanks so much. I have seen it
Abigail, kindly forward a copy to me as well, would really appreciate **elex2011@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Are you done with the KJV?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Yabagiyahaya: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
you did not read, if you did you cannot be deceive so easily like this, the book of enoch is satanic and cannot be trusted, enoch died long time ago, someone came with lies to deceive people like you.

Here's chapter 48:1-3 of the book of enoch ...
1 And in that place I saw the
fountain of righteousness Which
was inexhaustible: And around it
were many fountains of wisdom:
And all the thirsty drank of them,
And were filled with wisdom, And
their dwellings were with the
righteous and holy and elect. 2
And at that hour that Son of Man
was named In the presence of
the Lord of Spirits, And his name
before the Head of Days. 3 Yea,
before the sun and the signs
were created, Before the stars of
the heaven were made, HIS NAME
WAS NAMED before the
Lord of Spirits.

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, " I
am Alpha and Omega, the beginninug and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. " Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were
valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.
Point of correction the Qur'an did not copy from any book for instance Qur'an said those that said Allah(God) is three in one are disbeleaver & it also Said don't said threenity, so if Qur'an is copying from Bible for instance it can't opposed is teaching
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by erusen: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:
this is hot air, have u made research on d books ezra binded? Ezra didnt bind 39 books, he bind d "books of d law" only, he didnt add d prophet, or job or ester, those are in ur bibles but ezra didnt add them!

If u are only reading d books ezra bind then u should have 5 old testaments books not 39.
all the books binded are what u know as old testament.all the books were binded 400 years bf christ was born.while this enouch book was discovered a century later.and it was even found in isreal it was found in persia
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by USDRONE(m): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

smiley smileySure.
have you read everything?

Please help me with a copy of that book.
Email : tianshiline@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
TruthHurts1:

Like most people who are not guided by the Spirit in interpreting scripture you have erred most grievously.
The context of that scripture is that the Jews were in the habit of claiming that the gospel of Jesus was a falsehood. The Jews claimed that the disciples stole Jesus' body and faked his resurrection (see Matthew 28:9–15; John 20:2, 13) and as such, this was a direct attack on the central theme of the Gospel that Christ had overcome death because He is the Messiah.
In Romans 3:7 what Paul was saying is that if his "lies" ("lies" according to those who denied the gospel) have somehow attested to the greater glory of God's truth, how can he be called a sinner?
guided by which spirit? How many spirits are they? Is the spirit that guided ts JW to say there is heaven or hell or oaths spirit that guided Chris Oyakilome to say mastunating isn't a sin or is he spirit that guided deeper life oversea to tell his congregations not to watch tv and changed undecidedmouth when he got his owner channel or is the spirit that guided Rev. kings or is the spirit that guided Guru Maraji Which one shocked
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by erusen: 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Yabagiyahaya:
Point of correction the Qur'an did not copy from any book for instance Qur'an said those that said Allah(God) is three in one are disbeleaver & it also Said don't said threenity, so if Qur'an is copying from Bible for instance it can't opposed is teaching
all the old testaments were binded 400 bc quran was written around 1400ad so it is clear which book came out first
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
PopAlomo:

Come and Kidnap me... because the only way you'll get anything from me is to torture me with food and sexy ladies that look like toolz...

gringringringrin

Ole rabaraba!!

Who be Toolz, I'm more curvaceous than toolz. ..oya Start spilling!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.