Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (95142 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2015
noble2faith:

In my operational definition, religion is man searching for God. In contrast, christianity is God searching for man. wink young lady, I like 2 knw u beta.
so tell me the difference between Christianity and Islam; same everything; pray and hope for a paradise...
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2015
pheeew
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2015
NatureBoy91:
I have read all Hidden Books. Book of Enoch is a nice book but I know why it is hidden but I won't tell anyone. People who hid it are trying to take the Truth about the Bible away from people. I would have given u all u needed to know but Nairaland is self-centered. The owner blocked my account because of .... I have my page on facebook that is trending about this hidden books. If u want to know more, let me be informed.
I hunger for such knowledge
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by noble2faith(m): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2015
leofab:
so tell me the difference between Christianity and Islam; same everything; pray and hope for a paradise...

Young lady! The differences re immeasurable so much so that discussing them on this platform would not be utterly buttressed. Anyway, I could provide you some links if you really wanna knw the differences. wink
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Doobhem(m): 9:39am On Dec 28, 2015
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time
Bro, pls send the softcopies of what you've to me at dubematuma@gmail.com. Thanks as you do that.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Doobhem(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
noble2faith:

Young lady! The differences re immeasurable so much so that discussing them on this platform would not be utterly buttressed. Anyway, I could provide you some links if you really wanna knw the differences. wink
Actually, the differences are not immeasurable. That is if you're using the contents of their holy books as point of comparison.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Doobhem(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
lame excuse, read the septuagint manuscript, it say the samething.
'read the septuagint manuscript'. Do you speak hebrew?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Doobhem(m): 9:51am On Dec 28, 2015
zicoy6k:
yes they are all religions including the Christianity many churches and ppl propagate and practice today.
Brother, what is religion?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by noble2faith(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2015
Doobhem:
Actually, the differences are not immeasurable. That is if you're using the contents of their holy books as point of comparison.

Ofcourse!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by LordCenturion(m): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2015
coollabman:

pls send a copy to coollabman@gmail.com

My brother, please send send the copy to me saklekplus@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by LordCenturion(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2015
shortgun:

pls send to: akatua@live.com

Please send it to me saklekplus@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by LordCenturion(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2015
2016Utmerunz:
I have download the PDF of the book, But am scared to read

Please send it to me saklekplus@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by David0(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

U mind send d soft copy to my email luckgab2008@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Shokoloko(f): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
even you ? I am disappointed in you brother,if an angel should play an important role for the repentance of mankind, there is no way the inspired word of God will not mention him, God purpose is for mankind to come to repentance and this angel should play important role in that. Let us review the verse again:

and the fourth, who is
set over the repentance unto
hope of those who inherit
eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels
of the Lord of Spirits and the four
voices I heard in those days.

The verse made the angel mediator, . " Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins.

This angel Phanuel does not cause repentance as that is the work of the Holy Spirit, the angel rather looks out for those who have already repented and have hope of eternal life.
The bible talks about ministering spirits.
I have read the book of enoch and whenever i read it i cannot help but bow down and worship the ancient of days, the lord of the spirits (bc he is above all spirits) Jehovah, Potent, Head of day (beginning of days) and Yeshua, Jesus, son of man, my Lord and Saviour.
Blessed are you forever and ever!!!!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by sarutobie(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
bible say " the natural man received not the thing of the spirit, to him they are foolishness"

You are a muslim, you don't understand the nature of God, even muhammed do not understand the nature of God how much more you muslims.
hehehehehehe I am a Muslim you say? hehehehehehehe because I debunked your heretic doctrine? in the book of psalm, David professed this "and the Lord said to my lord 'seat at my right hand till I put your enemies under you' "....the Messiah always said " I came to fulfill the will of MY father in heaven"...he also said "whatever I say unto you is what I have heard my father say"..remember when Christ said this to his followers "why do you call me good? only your father in heaven is good"...again you call me a muslim? hehehehehehehe I laugh..I will always debunk your heresies!

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pls send a copy to koredejeremiahodunfa@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
sarutobie:

hehehehehehe I am a Muslim you say? hehehehehehehe because I debunked your heretic doctrine? in the book of psalm, David professed this "and the Lord said to my lord 'seat at my right hand till I put your enemies under you' "....the Messiah always said " I came to fulfill the will of MY father in heaven"...he also said "whatever I say unto you is what I have heard my father say"..remember when Christ said this to his followers "why do you call me good? only your father in heaven is good"...again you call me a muslim? hehehehehehehe I laugh..I will always debunk your heresies!
what You debunk what I say ? Alright, let do this step by step. Explained to me, why in the bible when talking about the nature of God, its uses singularity switch to plurality? Example;

Isaiah 6:8
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord
saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

The phrase "Whom shall I send" indicate ONE God (singularity) and the verse continue "who will go for US" indicate there is multiplicity involved here.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
Shokoloko:

This angel Phanuel does not cause repentance as that is the work of the Holy Spirit, the angel rather looks out for those who have already repented and have hope of eternal life.
I have read the book of enoch and whenever i read it i cannot help but bow down and worship the ancient of days, the lord of the spirits (bc he is above all spirits) Jehovah, Potent, Head of day (beginning of days) and Yeshua, Jesus, son of man, my Lord and Saviour.
alright lady.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
noble2faith:

comment

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by sarutobie(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
what You debunk what I say ? Alright, let do this step by step. Explained to me, why in the bible when talking about the nature of God, its uses singularity switch to plurality? Example;

Isaiah 6:8
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord
saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

The phrase "Whom shall I send" indicate ONE God (singularity) and the verse continue "who will go for US" indicate there is multiplicity involved here.
And who is/are the "US" in that passage? the Son of God? the cherubims? the myriad of angels? the 24 elders seated before the throne of the Almighty?...there is only one truth and it shall set anyone who believes free..."for God so loved the world that he sent HIS only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have life everlasting"..it is clear as day..that God has a son.."this is MY believed son in whom I am well pleased"...
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dirkcoyt: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
aalangel:
OP, why don't you like finishing your sentences?

Everything wey dem discuss no even concern you, na the grammatical structure dey worry you. D;
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by aalangel(f): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dirkcoyt:

Everything wey dem discuss no even concern you, na the grammatical structure dey worry you. D;

Yes. It comes with the job. Moreover, everybody has an angle you can take to a story and choose whether you want to discuss or not. He needed to finish his sentences so I can understand the full import of what he was saying.

I'm News editor my friend. I'm used to punctuations not dot dot dot.

I do research more than you know. So, the subject matter isn't what I should go into. I know where to get answers to such interesting topics, if I want. The topic is one of my best because there was a time it was main duty in my station; I.e. archeology and the likes.

Get my drift baby?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dirkcoyt: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
aalangel:

Yes. It comes with the job. Moreover, everybody has an angle you can take to a story and choose whether you want to discuss or not. He needed to finish his sentences so I can understand the full import of what he was saying.

I'm News editor my friend. I'm used to punctuations not dot dot dot.

I do research more than you know. So, the subject matter isn't what I should go into. I know where to get answers to such interesting topics, if I want. The topic is one of my best because there was a time it was main duty in my station; I.e. archeology and the likes.

Get my drift baby?

I get you pretty well, you crafted those words very well i must say. Of a truth, your post really turned me to a sapio-sexualist.

You write with so much chutzpah, the ellipses are common errors in chat rooms. Just so you know, not everyone is actually error free.

Its an interesting topic, I've been researching about it for 3yrs now if I'm correct. If you don't mind I follow you?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by noble2faith(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
leofab:
comment

And HE(God) chooses what the world consider as foolish to shame the wise. HE chooses what the world consider as weak to shame the strong. The word of the cross( the crucifixion of Christ) sounds foolish in the ears of those that are perishing but for we that believe, it is the power of God. The way God sees things is far different from the way man sees things.
Those words above are not just mere words of man. They are scriptural. HE did what humans like you think is hallucinatory, foolish or absurb because of the depth love HE has for men. There is no other love that can be shown to man greater than this. Young lady, at this point am nt going to argue with you further smiley wink. Can I knw u beta?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by aalangel(f): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dirkcoyt:

I get you pretty well, you crafted those words very well i must say. Of a truth, your post really turned me to a sapio-sexualist.

You write with so much chutzpah, the ellipses are common errors in chat rooms. Just so you know, not everyone is actually error free.

Its an interesting topic, I've been researching about it for 3yrs now if I'm correct. If you don't mind I follow you?

No problems.

Meanwhile, it's not an error. It's carelessness. People just don't have the strength to write, even though they know what to write.

And wow, You can speak English. Quite commendable.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by orisa37: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
The Bible is not so much about individuals but God, God and God.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Chuksemi(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
I have read it, from beginning to end. It is worth reading. It opens a whole new thought as to the way men of that generation saw things. But, it is, to me, not of Enoch. The book is so contradictory and sounds like a fable with unnecessary superfluous descriptions here and there. One would do well to read it just for the knowledge, but not to believe.

It seems to have been written in the third century after the time of Jesus, or at least by a fanatic who thinks he hears from God. there is certainly no prove that the book can date back to as early as 17000 BC. At a point, the author dabbled into astronomy and failed woefully to describe the reason for the lightning of a thunder coming before the sound. God should know this, and if He indeed revealed it to Enoch, then the account is wrong.

The book also tries to describe the fallen angels as blond haired men, giving the observant reader and imagery of white men who migrated and not just supernatural being, Why, these men asked Enoch to write a letter to God. Never knew God had a mailbox. Asides the monumental failings of the book in providing accurate data, it seems the author was well educated as his writing style is unique and almost flawless. It is again, a good read.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dirkcoyt: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
aalangel:

No problems.

Meanwhile, it's not an error. It's carelessness. People just don't have the strength to write, even though they know what to write.

And wow, You can speak English. Quite commendable.

English? I no sabi speak english o, I no wan make queen elizabeth summon me ooo.

Everyone is in a rush, no time to proof-read their post. I do appreciate you send a pm madam.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Chuksemi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

I hunger for such knowledge
Lol. Type your email, I could send that of Enoch, Judas and Barnabas to you. But please read with the mind of an indifferent man. This helps you critique it.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Chuksemi:

Lol. Type your email, I could send that of Enoch, Judas and Barnabas to you. But please read with the mind of an indifferent man. This helps you critique it.
Okay. Got it.
dbrainiac1@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Chuksemi(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Shokoloko:

The book of Enoch is fabricated. Yes, it does do well in effectively painting God in all his glory. But please, read with the intent to discover hidden messages therein. If you believe in the bible, please who built Noah's ship? Did Noah build it or the angels did? because the book of Enoch states that the angels built Noah a wooden structure. It even paints Noah as an unusual albino or fair child who spoke from birth. Tell me about fables.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Chuksemi(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Okay. Got it.
dbrainiac1@gmail.com
Sent, indicate when you see it. I would love to get a feedback after you've digested the literature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.