Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (94993 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by erusen: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2016
blacq2009:

Everyone knew he would. Thats the reward of all false prophets.
he is not even a prophet,just anoda christain preacher that was not killed by terrorist
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Zunchi(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2016
please cn i get a copy of the book
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by blacq2009(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
erusen:
he is not even a prophet,just anoda christain preacher that was not killed by terrorist
Whether prophet or self appointed disciple, I'd rather go with the terrorists than being a servant of a confused, illusioned faith.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by erusen: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
blacq2009:

Whether prophet or self appointed disciple, I'd rather go with the terrorists than being a servant of a confused, illusioned faith.
now that is anoying chosing to kill for religion u have rather than understand the one u dont know,that is the quality of a killer,u are one bad decision away from the life of a terrorist.illusioned faith is better the life of a terrorist
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by blacq2009(m): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2016
erusen:
now that is anoying chosing to kill for religion u have rather than understand the one u dont know,that is the quality of a killer,u are one bad decision away from the life of a terrorist.illusioned faith is better the life of a terrorist
You see my religion through your bigot eyes. That's why I kinda admitted it cos there's so little I,and any of my kind, can say to change that in your tiny mind.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Theodora(f): 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
the book of enoch say angels can give eternal life. Something ONLY GOD ALONE gives and you call this book genuine ? Satanic spell is on you.

People mentioning me , please, let no one be deceived.

So if I disagree with your line of thought then satanic spell is on ' you'....... Is that how the Bible taught you to react to people who disagree with you? Dude you need to grow up and learn what is called spiritual development and tolerance for differing views......

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ayobase(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
praxs:
Sure. But am not sure i can upload upto 9mb here
pls can u help forward to ajodbase@gmail.com.
thanks and God bless
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Luukasz:

Is it God that said all this?.

That's very true and there are so many other books that were removed from the Bible too.
The missing books can be read on "Apocrypha" section of http://unbound.biola.edu/
Peace cheesy
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tunechi1(m): 1:57am On Jan 21, 2016
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
bros abeg send me d soft copy nau na my second ty of askin be dis oo
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by NovusHomo(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
And so, gradually and ever so softly, the Book of Enoch replaced the Constitution as well as books on the History of Nigeria in the mind and on the bookshelf of the Nigerian youth. May he/she finally end up as a Minister in the Buhari administration. Amen, IJN. grin
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
buccunmie:

do u av d Ethiopian bible?

Even though u might not be able to read it, it have an app 'holy bible in Amharic' and so u can read it whenever and where ever u want.
Only if u guyz can read it
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 3:41am On Feb 24, 2016
Ednite:

Even though u might not be able to read it, it have an app 'holy bible in Amharic' and so u can read it whenever and where ever u want.
Only if u guyz can read it

You can read Amharic version of the Bible online at:

http://unbound.biola.edu/

Navigate around the page, then enter "King James Version" at top left corner area where it says "Step1: Choose Bible version".
Then scroll down a bit further and, where it says "Select a default version", select "Amharic NT"

If any further problems u can message me on kaydinah@yahoo.com or send me a private/public message on this website.

Haile Selassie caused the original version to be translated from Ge'ez to commonly spoken/written Amharic.

There are also so many other sacred texts that can be read on the website, including:

Maccabees, Wisdom of jesus, Prayer of Mannaseh, Tobit etc etc etc

(click, in Step 2, the tab that says "choose a section" and you scroll down the options and select "Apocrypha"wink

Peace smiley
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tampinu:

You can read Amharic version of the Bible online at:

http://unbound.biola.edu/

Navigate around the page, then enter "King James Version" at top left corner area where it says "Step1: Choose Bible version".
Then scroll down a bit further and, where it says "Select a default version", select "Amharic NT"

If any further problems u can message me on kaydinah@yahoo.com or send me a private/public message on this website.

Haile Selassie caused the original version to be translated from Ge'ez to commonly spoken/written Amharic.

There are also so many other sacred texts that can be read on the website, including:

Maccabees, Wisdom of jesus, Prayer of Mannaseh, Tobit etc etc etc

(click, in Step 2, the tab that says "choose a section" and you scroll down the options and select "Apocrypha"wink

Peace smiley

Thanks, but i have the app and the real bible. and i can read Amharic, i was jst tryna help the ones who wnnwa see it.

But thank you men smiley
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ednite:

Thanks, but i have the app and the real bible. and i can read Amharic, i was jst tryna help the ones who wnnwa see it.

But thank you men smiley

Interesting! It's unusual to find a Nigerian that can read Amharic! i was learning it about 15yrs ago but I was too busy to keep up.
I know the Lord's prayer in Amharic though smiley

Have you been to Ethiopia before? Do you have any plans to visit sometime in the future?
Please let me know what the app is called so that I can install it on my Android phone too

It will be nice to chat with you and discuss these vibes, drop me a line if you feel so inclined, or if you use whatsapp, mine is 07983 724 405

Tenastallin wink

Levi
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tampinu:

Interesting! It's unusual to find a Nigerian that can read Amharic! i was learning it about 15yrs ago but I was too busy to keep up.
I know the Lord's prayer in Amharic though smiley

Have you been to Ethiopia before? Do you have any plans to visit sometime in the future?
Please let me know what the app is called so that I can install it on my Android phone too

It will be nice to chat with you and discuss these vibes, drop me a line if you feel so inclined, or if you use whatsapp, mine is 07983 724 405

Tenastallin wink

Levi

Selam new?

I am an Ethiopian living in Ethiopia, so i can also speak fluent Amharic. Whats very surprising is getting a Nigerian who tries a lil Amharic, who even knows 'tenastallin' grin
I dnt use whatsapp now. But I used to

And the app is - HOLY BIBLE IN AMHARIC.
Am very sorry i cant tell u how i downloaded it cuz i sent it to my phone from other ppl undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ednite:

Selam new?

I am an Ethiopian living in Ethiopia, so i can also speak fluent Amharic. Whats very surprising is getting a Nigerian who tries a lil Amharic, who even knows 'tenastallin' grin

Am very sorry i cant tell u how i downloaded it cuz i sent it to my phone from other ppl undecided

Wow! It's really a pleasure to meet an Ethiopian on a Nigerian website, I have always got along very well with Ethiopians and I love Injera which I do eat here in London smiley
Salem New? I know Salem means "Peace" but not sure what the context of "Salem New" is...Please explain. I'm happy to learn all the time.

I like the part of the Lord's prayer that says "Injera-chinin" which is that part about "Give us this day our DAILY BREAD"

Thanks for the info, I will try and get the app for my phone. By the way, my adopted Ethiopian name is "Sehie" cheesy
Two of my female (French) friends were in Ethiopia for X-mas and they brought beautiful memories; I have always wanted to visit the cities such as, Bahar Dah, Lallibella, Axum, Addis-Ababa, oromu etc etc
Hopefully I can do it one day and maybe yoou can visit us in Nigeria too, it will be nice to see a unification of East and West Africans.
Please keep in touch grin
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ednite:

Selam new?

I love the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo church too but I attend Cherubim & Seraphim Church which was founded in western Nigeria since 1925. The ceremonies, beliefs and practices are almost exactly the same at the Tewahedo church. We wear white clothes to church, no shoes allowed in prayer House, women in their period cycle cannot enter the church, a lot of fasting and praying takes places, we call on angels to carry our prayers to God (as well as praying to God directly), we forbid the eating of Pork, we cast out evil demons, we believe in the Ark of the Convenant etc
It's so similar to the Tewahedo church it's amazing that spirituality in East and West Africa can be so similar! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tampinu:

Wow! It's really a pleasure to meet an Ethiopian on a Nigerian website, I have always got along very well with Ethiopians and I love Injera which I do eat here in London smiley
Salem New? I know Salem means "Peace" but not sure what the context of "Salem New" is...Please explain. I'm happy to learn all the time.

I like the part of the Lord's prayer that says "Injera-chinin" which is that part about "Give us this day our DAILY BREAD"

Thanks for the info, I will try and get the app for my phone. By the way, my adopted Ethiopian name is "Sehie" cheesy
Two of my female (French) friends were in Ethiopia for X-mas and they brought beautiful memories; I have always wanted to visit the cities such as, Bahar Dah, Lallibella, Axum, Addis-Ababa, oromu etc etc
Hopefully I can do it one day and maybe yoou can visit us in Nigeria too, it will be nice to see a unification of East and West Africans.
Please keep in touch grin

It means 'are u fine'
and there is no city called oromu but oromo is a tribe
And u can be a good amharic speaker, by the way
i am happy u tasted injera, one day i hope i will taste Nigeria's.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tampinu:

I love the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo church too but I attend Cherubim & Seraphim Church which was founded in western Nigeria since 1925. The ceremonies, beliefs and practices are almost exactly the same at the Tewahedo church. We wear white clothes to church, no shoes allowed in prayer House, women in their period cycle cannot enter the church, a lot of fasting and praying takes places, we call on angels to carry our prayers to God (as well as praying to God directly), we forbid the eating of Pork, we cast out evil demons, we believe in the Ark of the Convenant etc
It's so similar to the Tewahedo church it's amazing that spirituality in East and West Africa can be so similar! smiley

I am an Orthodox and we fast a lot. you are sooo right, but till now, i never knew there is a religion similar to ours. . . and from west africa! WOW!

am very sorry for the late reply thou. Very sorry
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 12:37am On Feb 27, 2016
Ednite:

It means 'are u fine'
and there is no city called oromu but oromo is a tribe
And u can be a good amharic speaker, by the way
i am happy u tasted injera, one day i hope i will taste Nigeria's.

Yes that's true, there is no city called Orormu, I meant to say I wanna visit the 'Oromu peoples' towns etc
Below is the link to information about the Nigerian Cherubim & Seraphim church that is very similar to the Orthodox church, if you scroll down and click on 'Beliefs and Practices' you will see that it is almost the same as Tewahedo church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Sacred_Order_of_Cherubim_and_Seraphim

The next link below refers to the Ethiopian Orthodox church, check out the Beliefs and practices section, I know its your church so you already know it inside and out wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church

If you wanna try Nigerian food, the most common is probably "Jollof rice" which is cooked by mixing peppers, onions and other ingredients with rice, it's really delicious grin

Below is a weblink to info on Jollof Rice

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jollofrice&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=m3rRVqa_OO_S8AeM1IG4AQ&gws_rd=ssl
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
Tampinu:

Yes that's true, there is no city called Orormu, I meant to say I wanna visit the 'Oromu peoples' towns etc
Below is the link to information about the Nigerian Cherubim & Seraphim church that is very similar to the Orthodox church, if you scroll down and click on 'Beliefs and Practices' you will see that it is almost the same as Tewahedo church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Sacred_Order_of_Cherubim_and_Seraphim

The next link below refers to the Ethiopian Orthodox church, check out the Beliefs and practices section, I know its your church so you already know it inside and out wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church

If you wanna try Nigerian food, the most common is probably "Jollof rice" which is cooked by mixing peppers, onions and other ingredients with rice, it's really delicious grin

Below is a weblink to info on Jollof Rice

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jollofrice&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=m3rRVqa_OO_S8AeM1IG4AQ&gws_rd=ssl

Thank you for all the infos grin
We also cover our hair when we go to church, we wear long dresses. . . .

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Ednite:

Thank you for all the infos grin
We also cover our hair when we go to church, we wear long dresses. . . .

In Sweden "Knight of the Order of the Seraphim (RSerafO)" is the National Honour given to Haile Selassie in1954; and the Cherubim & Seraphim church now compliments my knowledge of Ethiopian Orthodox church. Haile Selassie is of the "Order of the Seraphim" now I attend the Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim & Seraphim! grin
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by orisa37: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Christianity is more of Faith than Fiction. Christ is The Faith, Enoch was a Metaphor..

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
orisa37:
Christianity is more of Faith than Fiction. Christ is The Faith, Enoch was a Metaphor..
I agree, Hebrews 11 grin
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tampinu:

In Sweden "Knight of the Order of the Seraphim (RSerafO)" is the National Honour given to Haile Selassie in1954; and the Cherubim & Seraphim church now compliments my knowledge of Ethiopian Orthodox church. Haile Selassie is of the "Order of the Seraphim" now I attend the Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim & Seraphim! grin

I am sorry but i hate haile selassie. He don't deserve anything. Ethiopian ppl as well as the others treated him so unfair! He aint need all that.
I am very sorry, but i hope you dnt mention his name.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 10:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ednite:

I am sorry but i hate haile selassie. He don't deserve anything. Ethiopian ppl as well as the others treated him so unfair! He aint need all that.
I am very sorry, but i hope you dnt mention his name.

As I stated in an earlier post, I like to learn , especially new things. I have been studying about Haile Selassie and Ethiopia since November 1996 and I have never seen or heard any evidence of what Selassie did wrong; please enlighten me in this regard if you personally know of any faults or sins that Haile Selassie committed. I love the truth and even the Bible says that we shoud prove all things.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I look forward to your reply.

Salem smiley
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tampinu:

As I stated in an earlier post, I like to learn , especially new things. I have been studying about Haile Selassie and Ethiopia since November 1996 and I have never seen or heard any evidence of what Selassie did wrong; please enlighten me in this regard if you personally know of any faults or sins that Haile Selassie committed. I love the truth and even the Bible says that we shoud prove all things.

I look forward to your reply.

Salem smiley

He was Illuminati. Check out his pix, all with triangle sign he make by his hand
When there was drought back then in a big extent and the ppl migrate, he said "these ppl are addicted to migration" instead of helping them out . . . I have his biography video
He have killed an Ethiopian patriot. . . everybody here knows, i forgot his name
He was on tour when Italy came to occupy us
he believed Ethiopia was nothing with out him that he refuse to transfer his power
He kills ppl with connected eye brow
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tampinu(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ednite:

He was Illuminati. Check out his pix, all with triangle sign he make by his hand
When there was drought back then in a big extent and the ppl migrate, he said "these ppl are addicted to migration" instead of helping them out . . . I have his biography video
He have killed an Ethiopian patriot. . . everybody here knows, i forgot his name
He was on tour when Italy came to occupy us
he believed Ethiopia was nothing with out him that he refuse to transfer his power
He kills ppl with connected eye brow

This is interesting to hear/read; but as explained previously I always need to prove all things.
Are you able to provide concrete proof of the allegations that you have made?

For example, do you have information about Selassie's Illuminatti membership? The date he was initiated? The country where he was initiated etc etc

Also, do you know the victims that you mentioned personally? Did you witnmess any specific incident mentioned above?

Please let us know what you will reply.

Peace & Love

Levi
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Tampinu:

This is interesting to hear/read; but as explained previously I always need to prove all things.
Are you able to provide concrete proof of the allegations that you have made?

For example, do you have information about Selassie's Illuminatti membership? The date he was initiated? The country where he was initiated etc etc

Also, do you know the victims that you mentioned personally? Did you witnmess any specific incident mentioned above?

Please let us know what you will reply.

Peace & Love

Levi

One day when i went to book store, i saw a book which was about illuminant people and haile selassie was on the cover. I didn't want to read it because i don't want to hear anything about him.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE VIDEO OF - THE WEEKEND '' KNOWING'' SONG
that video clip is scary, Jst look at the video then tell me what u observe, haile selassie is on the clip
My grandma was very present when he ruled the country, any body with connected eyebrow was hidden because he will be killed
And the drought thing, when he refused to admit it, i have the video in CD.
I forgot the name of the patriot, i will ask and tell you his name
But if u ask about the other victims. . . . mehn! there are lots!!!!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2016
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

Am very sorry if i ran outta ur topic talking about haile selassie undecided
Big apology.
I had to reply to Tampinu

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.