Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (95003 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by jantavanta(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Too much off-topic comments. Let us re-examine the
chronology and sequenceof the Book, which was "re-discovered" by Europeans here in Black Africa; in Ethiopia.

Note: This is not a celebration of Judeo-Christo-Islam over Judeo-Christianity.

Division and Chronology & Sequence of The Book OF Enoch Used by The Essenes

FIRST PORTION: Before 170 B.C.E.

Chapters 1-36
What is important for us to note right in the beginning is that there is no Messiah or Son of Man, but a God, known as the Holy Great One , who conducts the last judgment, condems the Watchers to the abyss of fire, and establishes the Messianic Kingdom.

SECOND PORTION 161 B.C.E.

Chapters 88-90
[notice the way the book is put together today that this portion is the 4th part of Enoch as written in sequence]

In this apocalypse, Judas Maccabaeus inaugurates the Messianic Kingdom, which the Messiah later takes over, and from which he is to rule over all nations in Jerusalem.

THIRD PORTION 140 B.C.E.

Chapters 77-87
[notice the way the book is put together today that this portion is the 3rd part of Enoch as written in sequence]

Here we find a treatise on Astronomy, explaining in detail the 364-day year and its division into four seasons,

FOURTH PORTION 105-99 B.C.E. [this portion written 5th in sequence]

Chapters 91-105
This is a highly developed apocalypse, composed after the Essenes became Pythagoreans, in which the desire for riches and power is condemned as the proof of unrighteousness, and in which sainthood appears as union with God and his Son, evidenced by love for mankind and the renunciation of all things worldly.

FIFTH PORTION 95-70 B.C. [this portion written second in sequence]

Chapters 37-59, 60-71
An elaborate Zoroastrian-Pythagorean synthesis. The Lord of Spirits commissions the Son of Man, who now appears under that title for the first time in Enoch, chosen before the world was created, to judge sinners and righteous. The Elect are those who have a congenital compulsion toward righteousness, which causes them to abhor the things of this world, and to love God and their fellowmen; thus, they achieve sainthood and will be called to everlasting glory.

http://christianityasamysteryreligion.com/enoch_book.htm
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by deSika(m): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Chuksemi:

Lol. Type your email, I could send that of Enoch, Judas and Barnabas to you. But please read with the mind of an indifferent man. This helps you critique it.
pls send to desika61@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
noble2faith:

And HE(God) chooses what the world consider as foolish to shame the wise. HE chooses what the world consider as weak to shame the strong. The word of the cross( the crucifixion of Christ) sounds foolish in the ears of those that are perishing but for we that believe, it is the power of God. The way God sees things is far different from the way man sees things.
Those words above are not just mere words of man. They are scriptural. HE did what humans like you think is hallucinatory, foolish or absurb because of the depth love HE has for men. There is no other love that can be shown to man greater than this. Young lady, at this point am nt going to argue with you further smiley wink. Can I knw u beta?
are you insinuating that blood sacrifice is good and healthy??
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Princewell2012(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
praxs:

Dont frgt to share with us after reading it.. Check ur mail
Pls can you send a copy to me at gnwaneri@ymail.com thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by prahcetomi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
Chuksemi:

Lol. Type your email, I could send that of Enoch, Judas and Barnabas to you. But please read with the mind of an indifferent man. This helps you critique it.
please send to prahcetomi@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Princewell2012(m): 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
have you done a research properly ? If you do you will know why, the book of enoch is devilish
The book of enoch say man wisdom came from DEMON named Penemue .

We read in the Book of Enoch, chapter 69:8-12...
8 ...And the fourth was named
Penemue: he taught the
9 children of men the bitter and
the sweet, and he taught them
all the secrets of their wisdom.
And he instructed mankind in
writing with ink and paper, and
thereby many sinned from
eternity to
10 eternity and until this day.
For men were not created for
such a purpose, to give
confirmation
11 to their good faith with pen
and ink. For men were created
exactly like the angels, to the
intent that they should continue
pure and righteous, and death,
which destroys everything, could
not have taken hold of them, but
through this their knowledge
they are perishing, and through
this power
12 it is consuming me.

What ... man's wisdom came from a demon named Penemue? That's crazy! Did ink and paper cause the fall of the human race? Whoa ... I'd better through all my fine-point pens away immediately! It was Adam's sin that brought sin into the world (Romans 5:12); not evil literature. Mankind is inherently evil of himself, prone to the works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21). The Charismatics (Pentecostals) give far too much credit to demons for the sinful actions of men. They believe that every sin a person commits is evidence of
demon-possession. That is absurd! Men and women sin because they are sinners! (Romans 3:10,23).
. When you read two differents types of books you will carefully select the right one. When you hear between two with withnesses then you will be able to acertain who is telling the truth.

moses said that man ate apple or fruit and the book of enoach says the demon decieved man with knowledge. So to you which one is actually telling us the truth? What makes you thinks that the book of moses is perfect?

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by noble2faith(m): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2015
leofab:
are you insinuating that blood sacrifice is good and healthy??

Lemme quickly brief you on "y blood sacrifice?"

The wages of sin is death. For the death sentence that is automatically passed onto a man that has sinned to be waved away, it requires another life. Remember, blood is in life, life is in blood. Though I might nt be fully grounded with the knowledge of science in the area of life being in blood and blood being in life but science can attest to that. The bible says " without shedding of blood, no remission of sin. During the pre-christ era, also known as old testament era, when a man sinned it was required from him to offer a lamb without blemish so as so to make him clean and wave away the death sentence passed on him.
I said something earlier about the wages of sin being death and how life is required 2 wave away the death sentence when one sins. Here is a simple illustration;

Sin= death
death=another life being sacrificed.

God, in his incomparable love for mankind, gave His only begotten Son as a spotless sacrificial lamb for everlasting sacrifice. Man does nt need to kill a ram for remission of his sin anymore. In addition, what the blood of the lamb could nt do the blood of Jesus did it, and is still doing it, which is purging away your conscience from dead work. Young lady, u should understand this @ dis point.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 1:28am On Dec 29, 2015
noble2faith:

Lemme quickly brief you on "y blood sacrifice?"

The wages of sin is death. For the death sentence that is automatically passed onto a man that has sinned to be waved away, it requires another life. Remember, blood is in life, life is in blood. Though I might nt be fully grounded with the knowledge of science in the area of life being in blood and blood being in life but science can attest to that. The bible says " without shedding of blood, no remission of sin. During the pre-christ era, also known as old testament era, when a man sinned it was required from him to offer a lamb without blemish so as so to make him clean and wave away the death sentence passed on him.
I said something earlier about the wages of sin being death and how life is required 2 wave away the death sentence when one sins. Here is a simple illustration;

Sin= death
death=another life being sacrificed.

God, in his incomparable love for mankind, gave His only begotten Son as a spotless sacrificial lamb for everlasting sacrifice. Man does nt need to kill a ram for remission of his sin anymore. In addition, what the blood of the lamb could nt do the blood of Jesus did it, and is still doing it, which is purging away your conscience from dead work. Young lady, u should understand this @ dis point.
thank you... So you mean that the arusi in my village actions is justified because it requested for 10 human heads Heading straight to the shrine right now to vilify its request!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by noble2faith(m): 3:22am On Dec 29, 2015
leofab:
thank you... So you mean that the arusi in my village actions is justified because it requested for 10 human heads Heading straight to the shrine right now to vilify its request!!!!!

I don't need 2 copy what I said b4 and post it again 4 you 2 re-read. If u re nt clear wit it u can go back 2 read it again. Ur demonic village arusi demanding for human heads should neva b likened to God's demand for remission of sin.
God neva demanded human heads for the remission of sins. Please, don't ridicule my God even though u don't believe in His existence. Respect and consider the fact that others believe in Him.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by femi4: 5:56am On Dec 29, 2015
Princewell2012:
. When you read two differents types of books you will carefully select the right one. When you hear between two with withnesses then you will be able to acertain who is telling the truth.

moses said that man ate apple or fruit and the book of enoach says the demon decieved man with knowledge. So to you which one is actually telling us the truth? What makes you thinks that the book of moses is perfect?
Book of moses is correct cos it was confirmed in the new testament
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ruuchiinaa: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2015
Please, I need a copy of the book of Enoch. Treasuredking@yahoo.com or Godskingsley@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Catholic and Orthodox Bibles The Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches did not follow the Protestant revisions, and they continue to base their Old Testament on the Septuagint. The result is that these versions of the Bible have more Old Testament books than most Protestant versions. Catholic Old Testaments include 1st and 2nd Maccabees , Baruch , Tobit , Judith , The Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach (Ecclesiasticus), additions to Esther, and the stories of Susanna and Bel and the Dragon which are included in Daniel. Orthodox Old Testaments include these plus 1st and 2nd Esdras , Prayer of Manasseh , Psalm 151 and 3rd Maccabees .
Even the Catholic Bible is different, does that means it's evil?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Edmanpumpin(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2015
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time

Can you please send the soft copy to my email box. Murphy_sparrow@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
noble2faith:

I don't need 2 copy what I said b4 and post it again 4 you 2 re-read. If u re nt clear wit it u can go back 2 read it again. Ur demonic village arusi demanding for human heads should neva b likened to God's demand for remission of sin.
God neva demanded human heads for the remission of sins. Please, don't ridicule my God even though u don't believe in His existence. Respect and consider the fact that others believe in Him.
why ridicule my arusi and don't want me to reduce yours? "Whats good for the goose is also good for the gander" maybe it's the head that confused you.. The arusi requested for 20 lives to appease it for the sins of the villagers; what do your god suggest we do.. It has taken its own life/blood. So what?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Seun360(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ruuchiinaa:
Please, I need a copy of the book of Enoch. Treasuredking@yahoo.com or Godskingsley@gmail.com

Pls, send the soft copy to me via jesusseun@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Benny96(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
praxs: i have the softcopy, too bulky
couldnt read it coz of time pls send me one@ anthonybenneth96@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ruuchiinaa: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
praxs: i have the softcopy, too bulky
couldnt read it coz of time pls send me one@ Godskingsley@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ruuchiinaa: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Praxs= Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin.

Please, send me a copy. Godskingsley@gmail.com or Treasuredking@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dbrainiac1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Chuksemi:

Sent, indicate when you see it. I would love to get a feedback after you've digested the literature.
No problem.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by prahcetomi(m): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
Please,am still waiting.......prahcetomi@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by SarcasticMe(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Theodora:
Little wonder the black man has never been great at inventions, he shies away from knowledge and brain exercises that will help break the barrier of living in the ancient days.

If the great thinkers " did not seek knowledge,read books and question existing norms; we'd all still believe the world to be flat.

Read as many books as possible, the idea is not to remain as naive as we have been taught to live, but choose for yourself what to believe,not because our parents told us so but because we have been convinced of a particular truth.

I love your brain...
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Why do you think I'm open minded...?! The hatred between sunni and shiite muslim...?!

But I can't discuss it with anyone... I've just talked about the many hidden books... and you've started catching feelings... if I talk about sunni and shiite... won't muslim catch feelings...?!

I'm many thing but not a liar...
does it have any proof of falsifying d qur'an?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
leofab:
you see? Laws sprang up because weren't primitive anymore aast God want them to be. There wouldn't be laws if men are without wisdom; just like the apes in the jungle. So be thankful to the demons for your wisdom. This is why God is mad with Satan for opening your eyes and regretted created you; yet they issue all sort of libel against you and y'all swallow both hook; line; sinker and bait!
God regretted?, but God sees what is and what is to be.. even b4 it happens.. y wud he regret what he knows will happen?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
MicroIce:

God regretted?, but God sees what is and what is to be.. even b4 it happens.. y wud he regret what he knows will happen?
thats what you were told!!!!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2015
praxs:
Dont frgt to share with us after reading it.. Check ur mail
pls kindly send d Ethopian Bible to me. Olaoluoyekunle@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2015
leofab:
thats what you were told!!!!
now u get d point
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
leofab:
from your definition you think budhism; Islam, Judaism and paganism are religions too?? Advice yourself Biko.. By the way help me define religion?
interesting.. so islam is not a religion?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
MicroIce:

interesting.. so islam is not a religion?
am asking him and you are asking me?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
leofab:
am asking him and you are asking me?
further butressing yur point ma
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
MicroIce:

further butressing yur point ma
he tried to redefine christianity as not being a religion and from the bases of his definition; it means other religions are not religions too. So i was asking him to clarify:::all believe and respect a being that they believe that through it they can make paradise.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 12:37am On Dec 31, 2015
leofab:
he tried to redefine christianity as not being a religion and from the bases of his definition; it means other religions are not religions too. So i was asking him to clarify:::all believe and respect a being that they believe that through it they can make paradise.
ooh.. tell that to his brain
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by blacq2009(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2016
erusen:
its funny how muslims blame paul for christainity.the dude wrote only 13 out of 26 books in the new testament.maybe because of his poectic and anoying boldness i guess.pls do read book of enouch its good for ur health.and one more thing leave paul alone he is already beheaded under nero
Everyone knew he would. Thats the reward of all false prophets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.