Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,687 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? (2220 Views)

Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Why and how men justify sleeping with their housemaids. / Woman Delivers A Bible And A Baby In Osun State - NTA [PICS+VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Strawman: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mr. TV01, this still remains the most formal way to welcome someone to NL cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1582623/boys-night-out-discussions/148#40689047
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by bennyrazz: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
@op, the only answer I will give you is that, our God who is in heaven is unquestionable. He sits in heaven, his throne and made the earth is footstool, he does that which pleases him. Only Pharisees, pagans question his ways.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Strawman: 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mindfulness:
The laws were made because the same set of people who made these laws considered non-virgins not worth of marrying even when they lost their virginity by force....

Yet they are protecting these non virgins by forcing the rapist/seducer to take social responsibility of what they've brought upon to those girls. It is their culture that gave them the mentality of non virgins being unworthy of marriage, and the law was made to compensate that. What do you see wrong there?

Mindfulness:
Whether the girl had a say in all of this or not is highly unlikely as it is her father who decided about her fate.

Nope.

It is more likely for a girl's father to reflect her decision/opinion in this case. Think about it

Think of any reason why a girl's father would support his daughter marrying her rapist (if/when it wouldn't favour her, I.e. when the father is aware that it would be at the detriment of his daughter)...

Now think of the probability of that reason to happen...

Now compare that probability with the probability of other reasons that would make a father disapprove his daughter's marriage to her rapist (this would be like 1:100000000 if you ask me cheesy )

After you do this, you'd realise that you are grossly wrong is saying that "whether a girl has a say in this or not is highly unlikely." Because in more cases, the father's decision will more likely reflect that of his daughter's.

Mindfulness:
Anyway.

LOL, I dunno why this made me laff. Anyway, glad we're through with that cheesy

Mindfulness:
Don't worry about me. I am fine.

Ok, cool.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by TV01(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mindfulness, if I've told you once,I've told you a hundred times, don't argue the bible with me, not just because you are a blasphemer, or because you typically only sieize verses to justify your unease with iy's condemnation of your sin, but because, most of the verses you use as excuses have already been fully parsed.

1. The bible does not condone or excuse rape. Even if the words are properly translated rape, how does it mean it condones it? My explanation holds even if rightly translated as rape

2. The term rape used is a best guess and it has been amply demonstrated that it could be exactly as I explained it.

3. Further, more telling and pretty much conclusive, is the fact that what is certainly rape is dealt with in verse 25 preceding this;

25 “But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.

But continue alleging conscience-easing judgements against the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ all you want; when judgement comes, your mouth will be stopped. No matter how many false christians or feminists you ally yourself with cool.

Romans 3:4
...Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.

TV

Mindfulness:
As usual you have the correct interpretation. grin

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and [size=18pt]rapes her [/size] and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
TV01:
Mindfulness, if I've told you once,I've told you a hundred times, don't argue the bible with me, not just because you are a blasphemer, or because you typically only sieize verses to justify your unease with iy's condemnation of your sin, but because, most of the verses you use as excuses have already been fully parsed.

1. The bible does not condone or excuse rape. Even if the words are properly translated rape, how does it mean it condones it? My explanation holds even if rightly translated as rape

2. The term rape used is a best guess and it has been amply demonstrated that it could be exactly as I explained it.

3. Further, more telling and pretty much conclusive, is the fact that what is certainly rape is dealt with in verse 25 preceding this;

25 “But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.

But continue alleging conscience-easing judgements against the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ all you want; when judgement comes, your mouth will be stopped. No matter how many false christians or feminists you ally yourself with cool.

Romans 3:4...Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.

TV

@bold

I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin

I will respond when I finish. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by TV01(m): 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Strawman:
Mr. TV01, this still remains the most formal way to welcome someone to NL cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1582623/boys-night-out-discussions/148#40689047
Holá Strawman - ace exposition you've put on here. Salute. I posted quite late and without checking responses, otherwise I may not have bothered. Really deep and nuanced.

If you mean to welcome Mindfulness, she is not new, just re-named, and/or poly-monikered. In brief, her religion centres around her happiness and gives leave to any selfish act in pursuit of that - regardless of who is hurt.

It also lacks an objective morality, causing her to have concerns, without really being able to make judgement calls. Hence, she is often confused, which is quite funny to behold grin.

She loves posing, but not answering questions, and frequently revises her positions. She loves to blaspheme against the God of the bible, as it makes her feel better about her wicked ways. Understand that and you have her cornered.

TV
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Strawman: 12:36am On Dec 28, 2015
TV01:
...her religion centres around her happiness and gives leave to any selfish act in pursuit of that - regardless of who is hurt.

It also lacks an objective morality, causing her to have concerns, without really being able to make judgement calls. Hence, she is often confused, which is quite funny to behold grin.

She loves posing, but not answering questions, and frequently revises her positions. She loves to blaspheme against the God of the bible, as it makes her feel better about her wicked ways. Understand that and you have her cornered.

I'd say this is an apt description of many atheists in general (at least the ones I've met on NL). No need to introduce her character to me; none of these atheist debaters are worth taking note of personally (Apparently, she's given up sef). Unless one of them goes beyond their usual tactic of removing parts of the Bible from their contexts and using those parts as basis for their [pointless] arguments, he/she's not going to make any lasting impression in my memory; I'd probably forget them after this debate. And at least let them just have in mind that some of us Christians are actually [more] educated and knowledgeable [than them]. tongue

As for me, I was born to argue cool
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Chidoks(f): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2015
Wrong section!
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by TV01(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Strawman:

I'd say this is an apt description of many atheists in general (at least the ones I've met on NL). No need to introduce her character to me; none of these atheist debaters are worth taking note of personally (Apparently, she's given up sef). Unless one of them goes beyond their usual tactic of removing parts of the Bible from their contexts and using those parts as basis for their [pointless] arguments, he/she's not going to make any lasting impression in my memory; I'd probably forget them after this debate. And at least let them just have in mind that some of us Christians are actually [more] educated and knowledgeable [than them]. tongue

As for me, I was born to argue cool

Please spend more time around these parts - I don't have time I'd like, and they are always trying to slip their poison in. I feel like I know you? And not just from that first encounter. You remind me of someone whose presence I really enjoyed around here. Ihe, where are you?

Mindfulness:

@bold
I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin
I will respond when I finish. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No you are not, and no you won't. Mindflness, is it not you? Leave it.

TV
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
TV01:

TV

Fortunately it is not for you to decide. cheesy wink
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by TV01(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

Fortunately it is not for you to decide. cheesy wink
...and the response you boasted of? Spiritually empty barrel grin.

TV
Re: How Do You Justify The Bible? (10 Points)? by Strawman: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
TV01:

Please spend more time around these parts - I don't have time I'd like, and they are always trying to slip their poison in. I feel like I know you? And not just from that first encounter. You remind me of someone whose presence I really enjoyed around here. Ihe, where are you?

TV

Lol that was our first encounter bro cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prices Of Deep Freezers In Nigeria [2019] / Please For Married Men How Do You Cope With Excess Luggages In Your Room From W / Help!!! I'm Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.