Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? (9602 Views)

She's 17, But Keeps Coming... / Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? / She Is 20 While I'm 30. Can We Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by StarMogul(m): 1:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmm
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by davidsgal(f): 1:13am On Dec 28, 2015
My fiance is 13yrs older dn me

2 Likes

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2015
davidsgal:

And did your family accept him? What are his family members and friends saying about it?
Are you comfortable with that gap?
Sorry to ask, are you up to 20 yet?
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

That's my worry.
I dated an older girl for 3½ years before we fell apart. She was a very great, godly, beautiful, intelligent, virtuous girl and so on. We fell apart cos I wasn't ready for marriage when we initially agreed. Beside that, I wasn't so physically attracted to her, mainly cos of her height.
I've been with numerous girls before. I have quite a lot of them at work, yet I haven't been attracted to any.
This girl charmed me the very first time I saw her, and she nice.
This is why I'm worried.

Marriage is a serious matter but just know dat if u wanna go ahead with her you'll need patience and a tough skin. Gudluck!
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by tommychow(m): 1:18am On Dec 28, 2015
Guy! When you were 13 and in secondary school she was just a little baby. Think about that.

And in what world will her father listen to you about marrying his daughter? Have you seen a double barrel shotgun up close and pointed at your face? You'll know the "love" isn't real.

2 Likes

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by ronald4lif(m): 1:20am On Dec 28, 2015
At 17 you guys have an age variance of 13years which isn't obnoxious and unsuitable but her present age which stands as a barricade.

I'm unsure what Nigeria legitimate consenting relationship age is but I'm guessing it's 18, and in a years time she would mark her 18th birthday.

I'd advice you to keep her on a friendship level and don't wholly back down then when reaches 18 you can strike up a romance with her.

In my opinion, the age gap isn't an issue to contend with as it's appropriate but her juvenescence. By age 33 she'd be 20 and perfectly okay to match you at that time for marriage. I don't see why her parents will be unwilling to give their consent and/or repudiate your marriage proposal.

The only issue here is that you might become to attach to her before she clocks 18 and might be tempted to get intimate but having affirmed to be a virgin at your age I think you can scale through the temptation. Don't bother about the myopic and pharisaical submission of previous annotators, they have no short comings and too judgmental.

5 Likes

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 28, 2015
tommychow:
Guy! When you were 13 and in secondary school she was just a little baby. Think about that.

And in what world will her father listen to you about marrying his daughter? Have you seen a double barrel shotgun up close and pointed at your face? You'll know the "love" isn't real.

Hahahahaha. No be lie, bros. I understand you sha.
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Marriage is a serious matter but just know dat if u wanna go ahead with her you'll need patience and a tough skin. Gudluck!

Thanks for your understanding and encouragement. I'm quite sure my head will become clear in the next few days, and I will make the right choice.
I may likely not go ahead, though.

1 Like

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 28, 2015
ronald4lif:
At 17 you guys have an age variance of 13years which isn't obnoxious and unsuitable but her age which stands as a barricade.

I'm unsure what Nigeria legitimate consenting relationship age is but I'm guessing it's 18, and in a years time she would mark her 18th birthday.

I'd advice you to keep her on a friendship level and don't wholly back down then when reaches 18 you can strike up a romance with her.

In my opinion, the age gap isn't an issue to contend with as it's appropriate but her juvenescence. By age 33 she'd be 20 and perfectly okay to match you at that time for marriage. I don't see why her parents will be unwilling to give their consent and/or repudiate your marriage proposal.

The only issue here is that you might become to attach to her before she clocks 18 and might be tempted to get intimate but having affirmed to be a virgin at your age I think you might scale through the temptation. Don't bother about the myopic and pharisaical submission of previous annotators, they have no short comings and too judgmental.

Thanks bro. I appreciate your comment.
I'm not really looking at her age now, but the fact that she'd be 20 by the time I'm 33. How many men will want to release their daughters at that age, especially to a man who is as old as that?
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by AhmadMind: 1:32am On Dec 28, 2015
I will give you ROCK solid advice.

Marriage is not Dating (trying to look kool to friends etc) ...Its about the distant future.

Focus on what it will look like in 10 years = You will be 40, she will be 27. And after 3 kids, she will add 7 years Therefore she will look 34 when you are 40...Not bad eh??

Suppose you marry your age mate.... She will look 47 when you look 40.

So., bottom line is that this babe needs to reach at least 19 before marriage tins.

People will shout but in our days You enter UNI at 16 and graduate at 20. AND MOST good GIRLS WERE ENGAGED OR PREGGY AT FINAL YEAR!!

Diddyydiva:
Age is nothing but numbers.

She is 17 smiley

Just make sure you are compatible in other ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by ronald4lif(m): 1:39am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

I'm not really looking at her age now, but the fact that she'd be 20 by the time I'm 33. How many men will want to release their daughters at that age, especially to a man who is as old as that?

That shouldn't bother you even in the slightest. Just be focused and keep developing your set goals, the age is not an issue at all. It's 13years and although slightly high doesn't mean anything.

Except you haven't been to weddings in the last decade or having been keeping tab ladies of 20 marries men of your age and even more.

At 20 she's a grown adult and if ladies of 22-23 get married to men of 35 and above every Saturday's why should that be a problem. Let all the sanctimonious people who have been chastising you deny the fact that they don't know or have never heard of couples who had up to 15years age difference get married before.

Just be focus and improve on yourself. I can tell you that if I were 35 today I can marry a girl of 20 without her parents making any objection.
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by odaniel1(m): 2:06am On Dec 28, 2015
My candid advice?

1. She'll likely leave ur ass once d 20's buzz kicks in. (Thanks to better exposure)

2. You can't harvest a half-ripe fruit. (It is always a mockery of d ripe fruit)

3. Infatuation has evolved just as much as technology and seems to come in the guise of love. (Hear that she's sleepin arnd and see if u feel d same way)

4. You need the sweetest form of maturity that wld never ever emanate from the bosom of an infant.

Concentrate on making yourself a better person and meet more people. (People dnt bite!...diddydiva & Mrsphyno do tho so b careful wt dem folks..lol)

NB:The Naivety of teenage ladies can sometimes be a joy 2 dissect and toy with. However, caution shdt b thrown in2 d Harmattan

4 Likes

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by JehanEddy07(m): 2:59am On Dec 28, 2015
Ha! shocked i wouldnt advice u to head that direction sir.. She is just to young for you.. Look for anoda and May Our Good Lord see you through..

Cheers. wink

1 Like

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by dBard: 6:11am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:
I noticed this girl in church on Christmas day service. She happens to be an usher in the church. The girl charmed me immediately I set my eyes on her, such that I couldn't take my mind off her again.

Frankly, I haven't been anything close to a womaniser all my life, and I can't remember if I've ever met a girl for the first time and asked for her number, but for this girl, it was different. I was passionate to get close to her and be her friend. In fact, I was hoping for an opportunity to have a future with her.
I was able to get her phone number that day, and finally started communicating with her.

This girl is so lovely, attractive (not like she's d most attractive girl I've ever seen), intelligent, warm etc.
As I started interacting with her, I discovered to my utter dismay that she's just 17 years old, while I'm almost 30 years. I have a plan of getting married in 3 years time, and frankly, I was looking at a possibility of getting married to her, if all things fit in.
Also, I'm a professional while my new friend is just about to get into the university.

I am a very responsible young man. By God's grace, I've been able to keep my body, and still wish to continue so till I get married. I look quite young facially, and I'm smallish (just a meagre 5' 7" in height). She on the other hand looks a little bit mature (looks 23 or thereabout) and she's about 5' 6", so she doesn't look much younger than me.

I admire this girl a whole lot and I'm almost in love with her already, but I feel crushed when I consider her age. Even in that 3 yrs time, she'll just be 20, while I'll be approaching 33.

Please house, I need counsel.
Do I stand a chance with her in any way?
Does it even seem right for me to attempt initiating a relationship with her?
Will an average family (especially well-to-do ones) accept such for their daughter in this day and age?
How do I approach this situation, as my heart can't just let her go?

Please no insults, okay. I'm only seeking for advice.

Thanks in anticipation of your wonderful support and encouragements.

NB: Lalasticlala, I beg you, don't move this to the front page, no matter what. Thanks.

Statutory Rape....

Plus, a lot of girls are fickle in character before 23/24, so y bother

#nuff said
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Thanks for your understanding and encouragement. I'm quite sure my head will become clear in the next few days, and I will make the right choice.
I may likely not go ahead, though.

Alright
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 28, 2015
AhmadMind:
I will give you ROCK solid advice.

Marriage is not Dating (trying to look kool to friends etc) ...Its about the distant future.

Focus on what it will look like in 10 years = You will be 40, she will be 27. And after 3 kids, she will add 7 years Therefore she will look 34 when you are 40...Not bad eh??

Suppose you marry your age mate.... She will look 47 when you look 40.

So., bottom line is that this babe needs to reach at least 19 before marriage tins.

People will shout but in our days You enter UNI at 16 and graduate at 20. AND MOST good GIRLS WERE ENGAGED OR PREGGY AT FINAL YEAR!!

ERM........... sire

you quoted the wrong person grin

1 Like

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by ITbomb(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2015
From the description of your physique, marrying an older girl (even 3 years below yours) is not advisable cos she will quickly aged ahead of you.

Kanu Nwankwo met his wife at the same age, waited for her to clock 18 then, the wedding. If only she has a matured heart and can handle emotional pressure, go ahead.

My advice : After getting very close to her, make her angry and watch how she handle the situation. Good luck
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2015
tommychow:

the love isn't real??
undecided undecided
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by prettysassygirl(f): 7:36am On Dec 28, 2015
I think u should indirectly ask her to ask her parent if they would mind someone of your age coming for her in the next three years, then u would know what to do from there so u wouldn't be wasting your time waiting for her,people have different perspective,if I was 17 and in the same shoes my parents wouldn't mind,if I was a parent,I wouldn't mind too,its just 13 years gap,no big deal there,my uncle married someone 13 years younger than him and now y wouldn't even know the difference upon he is huge,so ride along jare
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by cocolacec(m): 7:38am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

It's a choice bro, and I'm proud about it. I'm doing it to the glory of God, and I'm not ashamed of myself.
It make me happy seeing men and women who still keep their virginity till marriage.I must say you have nothing to be ashamed of.It is a great blessing to obey the Almighty God ,your creator than do as thou will (the command of satan).May God bless you my brother. If you truly love the girl once you can assure her parents of her completing her education,you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by lilmax(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2015
17 undecided

I just weak
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

there are thousands of men out there who are willing to give out their child at such age,it just depends on how genuine the love is

I got a friend who we both went to same primary school, she's 18 now and she's already engaged to doc of 32 years and she's even in her first year in the university and her family is financially stable so you wouldn't say maybe they gave her out to the man cos he's rich.My point is it really depends on how serious and how far you wonna go with the relationship and if the girl feels same way, everything can work out perfectly

NB:hope she's through with secondary school

2 Likes

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by macklef(m): 7:58am On Dec 28, 2015
Bros, dont date any girl that has not entered school at ur age.
School changes young girls. It might change her whereas at one end
You would have at of obligation commited yourself by helping her out
Of some financial issues.
Its a 70:30 chance bruh.
Excuse her and loook for someone who is almost done with school. Atleast. Am not even emphasizing on d age part. Let a train that has been inside a turnel come out into d light for you to know what kind of train it is. Exposure!!
Talking from experience
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Camellia(f): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:
I noticed this girl in church on Christmas day service. She happens to be an usher in the church. The girl charmed me immediately I set my eyes on her, such that I couldn't take my mind off her again.

Frankly, I haven't been anything close to a womaniser all my life, and I can't remember if I've ever met a girl for the first time and asked for her number, but for this girl, it was different. I was passionate to get close to her and be her friend. In fact, I was hoping for an opportunity to have a future with her.
I was able to get her phone number that day, and finally started communicating with her.

This girl is so lovely, attractive (not like she's d most attractive girl I've ever seen), intelligent, warm etc.
As I started interacting with her, I discovered to my utter dismay that she's just 17 years old, while I'm almost 30 years. I have a plan of getting married in 3 years time, and frankly, I was looking at a possibility of getting married to her, if all things fit in.
Also, I'm a professional while my new friend is just about to get into the university.

I am a very responsible young man. By God's grace, I've been able to keep my body, and still wish to continue so till I get married. I look quite young facially, and I'm smallish (just a meagre 5' 7" in height). She on the other hand looks a little bit mature (looks 23 or thereabout) and she's about 5' 6", so she doesn't look much younger than me.

I admire this girl a whole lot and I'm almost in love with her already, but I feel crushed when I consider her age. Even in that 3 yrs time, she'll just be 20, while I'll be approaching 33.

Please house, I need counsel.
Do I stand a chance with her in any way?
Does it even seem right for me to attempt initiating a relationship with her?
Will an average family (especially well-to-do ones) accept such for their daughter in this day and age?
How do I approach this situation, as my heart can't just let her go?

Please no insults, okay. I'm only seeking for advice.

Thanks in anticipation of your wonderful support and encouragements.

NB: Lalasticlala, I beg you, don't move this to the front page, no matter what. Thanks.
CMDA abi...
Errmm back to ur topic... Pls I think u shud leave her alone... U r almost 30 n has seen a major part of life... She on d oda hand z just leaving sec sch... She is most probably naivë...all she shud b thinking abt z how to make good use of her age now....by getting into sch etc....bsyds she myt not feel d same way towards u.....
Don't worry u will see more ushers in Church dat r not minors keep looking don't concentrate n listen to sermon..Lol
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by macklef(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2015
davidsgal:
If ur done with school or in ur final yrs. No p. But if not, it might not break through.
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by MayflowerB(f): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2015
OP don't let anyone discourage u..... carry on as long as ur intentions are genuine...... like someone said up there age is nothing but a number

1 Like

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by kaziblake(f): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2015
17yrs and 30yrs is not bad if she like's older men.
Wait till she is like 20yrs b4 telling her your intention about marriage.
That if she like older men because you are just 13yrs older than her
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by simplex2: 8:23am On Dec 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Is it casted in stone that you MUST marry at 33? Be her friend for the mean time. Help her grow spiritually, educationally and be her support. Offer her advises and let her know you like her. In 4 yrs time, she will be about to round-up her studies, if you guys are still close and strongly in love by then, you can marry her if she agrees.

What if, just what if you pass on her right now and she even goes ahead to marry someobe else before her 20th year?

1 Like

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Op, time, years, days, are just infinite illusions, love is the only real thing. If you have emotions of affinity cocooned in positive intentions for her. Well I will advice to start courting her then when u think she is old enough, propose. Time is a illusionary concept created by the less busy people of the ancien Temps as a french would say it..
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by jmaxjohn(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Guy move on. In 3yrs she'll b taller dan u.
Short man!

1 Like

Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 28, 2015
What if she has a boyfriend already? I dnt think you are in love with her, youre just carried away. Even a 15yr old girl dey get bf for this era, dnt go and form agabaya for a small girl abeg.
Re: She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2015
simplex2:

Is it casted in stone that you MUST marry at 33? Be her friend for the mean time. Help her grow spiritually, educationally and be her support. Offer her advises and let her know you like her. In 4 yrs time, she will be about to round-up her studies, if you guys are still close and strongly in love by then, you can marry her if she agrees.

What if, just what if you pass on her right now and she even goes ahead to marry someobe else before her 20th year?

Great advice. Thanks.
Maybe God even caused our paths to cross so that He can use me to build her up.
I don't see her getting married before 24 ordinarily sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Kissed And Touched My Sister But She Didn't Complain. ??? / Ladies Pick & Rate Nairaland Males Husband Material! / Come See Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.