Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself (28931 Views)

Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated / I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself - What I Went Through In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Muyiii(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
I know there is saying that "Heaven helps those who help themselves"..How can you be praying without doing what is expected of you? Don't tell me you were expecting miracles, I'm sorry but you've made some bad decisions and you have to live with the consequences but all the same you've gotta fix and stop whinning. All the best...there is a reason for everything!
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by tuzle(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=Chommieblaq post=4140
Lastly, I keep telling ppl the basic education is primary and secondary and if u can't further or cope, then go n learn a trade, or get something doing everyone mustn't be a graduate, imagine after spending so many years in school, person go comot with third class or pass for this our country wey even first class nYou are wrong i knw guy dat were gurus in secondary skul and dummies in university and guys who were dull in secondary skul but smart in uni. so ur secondary edu might be the basic but it doesnt determine how inteligent u will be in the uni
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Yeyeosha: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
When I was in school decades back, I procured past questions of each course 3 or 4 years back, go through them you'd find out that there are similar ones. I'd list all out answer them with good points and turn them to my tutorial.
When ever I seat for my exams, at least I come across 2 similar questions. Since I already had an idea,it takes little effort to answer.
Fast forward. I got the idea after my 100 level, never had less than c tru out the remaining and passed with a 2:1.
Passed the advice to my 2 sons they came tops in their various disciplines.
Please try it maybe it will help. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by amazingspiderma: 9:44am On Dec 28, 2015
Too much messages on sowing seeds and none on hard work. That is the curse of this generation. Fellowships in Nigerian schools especially in the SouthEast run like church. It now becomes a case of full time ministers and part time students instead of the other way round. I have seen it devastate many young minds.
These men that teach Nigerian about seed sowing,have sold crazy glue to students.Students no longer read again.Totally dependent on angels to solve problem that two hands,wisdom and hardworking can solve.Student go to school these days not to study,but to become religious.If you wanted to be a pastor,why not go to a bible school.
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse,deceiving,and being deceived.2Tim 3v13.
The gospel has been misrepresented and misplaced.
Oga,to put it straight,you have been deceived.
You do not need anyone to talk to you,all you need is a long conversation in from of a mirror.Ask yourself how things got so bad,therein, you will find your answer.
. I speak to you from experience.If you want a solution,you must swallow the bitter pill.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by eleko1: 9:44am On Dec 28, 2015
Young man sad,u dnt need to kill yourself cos of NYsc/ lie to Ur old man.Failure isn't the end of life.Believe me,there's lifting foR U.Ur best bet now is to register for the failed course and be friendly with the lecturer in charge of each course(do ur test/assignment accordingly),tell them ur predicament that U're the one paying for ur school fees etc.I believe they'll do meeting about ur case and let U go.all will be well.Nor kill urself biko sad,Eba dey sweet
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by DISTINGUISHED(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmm,
Pity; its all good,
First, the truth remains that
You're not truly born again yet.
You're trying to play a fast one with God.
(when God is involved, there are no shortcuts)

Retrace your footsteps spiritually first,
re-dedicate your life to Christ,
Ask God for forgiveness, and decide to
Live for God.

Secondly,
Take proper stock of the courses
You spilled/failed, prepare for them squarely
And trash them.
(say no to shortcuts, follow the main route)

Furthermore,
Talk to yourself, be truthful;
It is glaring that you lack the capacity of
Taking/making decisions; not just
Any kind of decisions but #life_changing_ones
Work on yourself, read books, tag along
With great people, create a circle of intelligent
People around you and decide to get better

Conclusively,
Let your dad in carefully;
If you have a mentor, let your
Mentor and Mum do the talking
While you do the #pleading.

...pray for yourself,
Encourage yourself,
Motivate yourself,
Take care of yourself
Because nobody will do it better.

I wish you well.

@e_uwalaka
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by alpontif(m): 9:48am On Dec 28, 2015
At OP,

You don't have to kill yourself. Just Relax.

I remember my 100 level result. It was beyond disastrous, though I had no carryovers. Actually I never had any carryover while in school.

That 100 level result was very fundamental in changing how I look at life. Prior that period, I had never performed below expectations in any exam. But getting disastrous 100 level results changed my perspective on things.

I had studied, I was religious, I was morally "clean", I avoided doing bas things, but the result was still terrible.

Like you, I wanted to commit suicide.

I didn't.

What I did was this.

I rearranged my priorities. I just stopped giving a fork.

I skipped classes, I only read 3 weeks to the exam. I stopped been religious. I became more spiritual.

I focused on Skills. Skills I can use after graduation. Skills I can use to make money in school.

I focused on entrepreneurship skills.

The result?

From 200 level, inspite of my unseriousness, principally through God's grace, my CGPA kept rising, and rising, and rising, assuming I was serious, I could have made a 2.1, assuming I was completely dedicated, I could have made a first.

I never paid anybody for any course. I just stopped giving a fork. As long as I don't fail, I didn't care what the gp is. I have spent only 10 minutes on a 3 hour exam before, coz I had memory block...I just walked out. I didn't care.

You have to let go. You have to understand your priorities. Focus more on tangible skills. Focus more on what you can do for others, because that is what they will pay you for.

You don't have to kill yourself. You have not failed. But you need to relax. You need to let go. That is when God will show you he is there for you.

Nobody gets anywhere principally by their own efforts. Inspite of what motivational speakers will tell you. The universe has to conspire to help you. God has to be on your team, not because you merit it, not because of your seeding, but because he loves you.

And inspite of your present frustrating realities, know that God really really loves you. God can do anything for you.

Just stop giving a fork, let God take over.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by lordprosh(m): 9:48am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
On my 3rd year in school,the transfer was successful so I made up my mind to do whatever it took to graduate.i had to lose a year so I was in 200 level.i later told my dad about everything,and as expected,he made a big deal out of it and will often bring it up to remind me of a failure I was.but I couldn't blame it on anybody but me.i read a lot that session and paid for a few courses.some of the courses entered for me and some dint but I was promoted to 300 level.i was greatful cos if I had failed again,i'd have been withdrawn from school.that was the case of most of my close friends I Transfered with.Same as 300 level.i was promoted again to final year after 'running' many of my courses at 15k each and many of my friends were withdrawn.as at final yr,i already knew i'd be coming for an extra year again cos of other carryovers and no more space to register them.

A spilling year will make me 6 years in school but I decided on not telling my dad but only my mum and aunty that I went to stay with.as expected,i told God on 31st night breaking 1st Jan 2015 that I wanted to be a graduate this year.on the first session of my spilling year,with the aid of my mum and the work I did while staying at my aunt's,i paid my school fees and was able to 'run' a few courses hoping to grad that session without my dad's knowledge.i managed to play my dad and tell him that the July nysc batch wasn't for our set but November batch.Which he believed.On approaching the November batch,seeing that results won't be released then,when he was expecting me to give him details of my nysc,i told him my name din't come out cos of accumulation of people that haven't gone to the nysc yet.He believed me as well.infact,it was just working for my good in regards to keeping this as a secret to my dad.The one that got me more stunned was when,during the school convocation week,he had a one week long engagement in his road safety voluntary work he does which he had to travel and possibly,didn't have the time to watch TV to know about the convocation.it was a miracle cos that would have been the end if he had found out.

Bro abeg no kill ursef ooo.. U see life is 99% principle nd 1% grace.. Evn God nd grt men of God follow principles.. U can sow seeds to God nd u don't prepare .. God is not a magician.. He does miracles but he has to see u put in effort.. I had my stage of academic problems to.. Left second skul 2010. M 1st waec wasn't released till date.. 2nd wasn't complete due to d man who registered m. D 3rd ws terrible as I av lost intrest in reading.. Buh on m 4th try.. I ws very close.. During dat tym.. I read like mad.. Am a very dedicated christian.. A worker.

Den last year 2014.. M younger bro who am Four years Older dan.. Wrote his 1st waec nd passed.. Dat same year I wrote GCE nd I passed.. All doz years of trying I never lost hope.. Neva tot of killing m self.. M DAD nd MUM wr on my Neck.. Any slit mistake I get a reminder dat m bro wrote 1c nd passed...

Drz more dan am telln u..

Don't loose hope.. GOD is The Only Hope nd Solution..
Get close to him.. This is jst a tryn phase in ur life..
If u pass now you'll 4eva be greatful..
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by haywire07(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Op just listen to me! grin grin don't mind my monicker.

I really understand how you feel even if I didn't fail and never paid a dime to pass .
Register your course and pass.
On the side of your dad, tell him dis is your first extra year. Your result was just released and you found out your name wasn't on the list of those that passed and that must be d reason u weren't shortlisted fr NYSC . Apologise for failing and he will understand. Simple
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Op I sent you a mail. You need to talk to me.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by peeceelove2: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2015
Bros do me a favour, kindly tell ur Dad the whole story and don't do anything funny to itself. Try n discover what u really like put ur heart into it. Missing one year is mot the end of the world. My guy I am a practical example of what u are going try, but today the delay was more like a blessing to my I am presently heading a finance department n some of my mates that graduated before me still come around searching for jobs. Let God be God

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 28, 2015
@op, ATTEND LECTURES, READ VERY HARD, SIT FOR TEST AND EXAMS AND YOU WILL PASS. DONT BE LAZY! NO SHORT CUT!!!
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by HighQue007: 9:53am On Dec 28, 2015
i feel for you bro and to those forming holy on another person's matter then you need to wisen up as this could happen to anyone no matter how brilliant or intelligent just that the OP is worshipping the God of our politicians cos how would you go to church and pray often and still do run; I am sorry to say you are worshipping a corrupt God..Dont waste most of your valuable time praying unnecessarily. Pray little as God knows all you want even without praying, minimize how often u go to church and read more...Dont kill yourself pls
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by dddaaayyyooo(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Your Problems-

1) You tried to combine church activities with learning at your early stage in university- You shouldn't have been a coordinator in 100 level knowing fully well that you are an average student. Am a christian as well, and I give God his time while I was in school. So you spoilt ruined everything by taking becoming the 100 Coordinator.

2) You were seating on the fence- An NYSC student told you to pay when you had an absent case but you refused and you started praying because you are a christian. You should have payed then so your real scores will be replaced, but you did not and after a while you started paying for RUNS again so you see that you don't even know where you belong maybe to God or to Man.

3) You changed your department which means you don't know what you are doing. You believe there's somewhere much more easier in the University that a big NO.

4) You have wasted a good part of you life, claiming to be serving God, well read the solutions below

Solutions-

1) Inform your father about everything, Because Oro tani ki Baba magbo baba loma pari e.

2) Get the list of courses you have left, register them and Face your studies. Don't plan to pay any1 READ!!!

3) Keep begging God because you want to implicate him.

4) Am sure you won't have good CGPA maybe you are on 3rd class or pass so start begging your dad to hook you up in Road safety so you can still get a federal job with you result
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by stabas(m): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2015
iamnen:
Op I sent you a mail. You need to talk to me.
Sorry if I don't reply your mail or any other person's.i just don't wanna disclose 'me' to anybody unless you're my HOD or Dean or VC or maybe in my departmental board.Thanks.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Raymonbell(m): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2015
I always advise student that education is compulsory as well as prayer but they must remember the motto of this two unique entity is
"work and pray" not "pray and work".
Solution
FIRST STEP
You need to come out clean to your father tell him everything without holding up any information surely he will rebook you for your lies and deceit but don't mind it because it's time for you to decide for yourself how you want to run your life.
SECOND STEP
You are not a failure yet until you stop trying. Start your hustling again to pay your school fee and this time plan your time properly, read at least 8 hours a day attend classes just like other students and attend important church program like Sunday service, also you can join other student organisation to boost your confidence and self worth. Follow this two step and you will disappoint your father who saw you as a disappointment.

Ma Salam
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by tamquezee(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2015
CircleOfWilis:
Bro u refused to register and face the course squarely, u trusted in ur dubious self/lecturer and prayer. I can only advice u to kill ursef because u are not serious about ur future...

#register the course , attend the lectures, sit down and read for the tests and exam, u will pass..stop wasting ur money, and also stop disturbing God with ur dirty tongue full of lies

I liked d last part of ur sentence' dirty tongue full of lies'
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by delzbaba(m): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2015
First of all your school is wack,bribing to pass What sort of morals is dat,I'm definitely sure its one of this private 10kobo one building schools,second of all the only advice I'll give you is "tell your father the truth,the truth shall set you free"
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:

Sorry if I don't reply your mail or any other person's.i just don't wanna disclose 'me' to anybody unless you're my HOD or Dean or VC or maybe in my departmental board.Thanks.

Its ok. You won't disclose yourself to me. You said you opened a new account, i'm guessing you also opened a new email for the account.

I cant share my story here too unfortunately. But I went through worse than you are going through.

I felt worse than you are feeling.

I need to tell you my story and how I resolved it.

Reply my email. But if you don't feel like, its all good.

When you overcome this, endeavour to LEARN THE LESSONS. This isn't an academic issue, its a personality issue. It will affect you again in future (job search, relationships) if you don't sort yourself out.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by aieromon(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:

I schooled in uniben anyway.Physical sciences faculty.

I thought as much. UNIBEN and their multitude of fellowships that have crashed the hopes of a lot of students. In UNIBEN,blocking does not guarantee Nada especially in the useless Physics, Computer Science and Mathematics departments. Spirococo never does as well.

My earlier comment still stands.......leave God out of this matter.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by ivili(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Chartey:
I still don't understand how you could have been paying for "runs" and still be "sowing seed". That's why I don't go to church anymore. The pastors and members are all confused, worldly people.

I don't know your age but I can guess you've not seen life at all.
You want to commit suicide because of academic failure. That will only confirm that you're all round unintelligent rather than just not good academically. Do you want people to think of you that way after you're gone? I guess not.

Thank God your mother knows already. Here's what you need to do.
1. Keep your money and stop the Father Christmas in the name of "runs".
2. Face the courses you spilled squarely and pass them. If you have to turn the personal assistant of the guru in the new final year class, do it. No shame in it.
3. At this stage, it's likely you've lost passion for your course if you ever had it that is. So you make new life goals and plan how to achieve them from your present status.
In no time, you'll be a happy person again. Good luck.
with all due respect,church has nothing to do with peoples vile behaviour.Obviously the op is not a christian,going to church and praying does not make one a christian.The guy played around with an important part of his life like we do sometimes and then start a fraudulent prayer session like he and God ever knew each other before.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Slymonster(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2015
bros your result will just be let my people go which is PASS very soon because they wouldn't have time to want to seat and calculate your cgpa even when you clear all your course,if God touch them,it's third class...I will just advice you to look at the mirror and say I wasted 6 Years of my life in this school. Start looking at another country..I use to have a unserious friend like you,the moment he knew his cgpa and courses are messed up.He started disturbing his family with travelling out at 300lvl and at first they said he should finish his studies but he knew his brain and results will be a disappointment to them.So after the disturbance became annoying to his family,they all contributed and today he is doing well over there
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Nor mind the ram.... I await news on FP saying "A NAIRALANDER COMMITS SUICIDE LAST NIGHT"

u even read the epistle the guy write ?..
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Etizz: 10:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Am angry with all u nairalanders oh.... Shwooooooo...

For crying out loud, dis guy came out plain and straight with all he has done, and need your advice, he agreed he has fvcked up, all you can do is judging him against his flaws...... Instead of advice...

Waitin sef, na una good pass, una too dey form one kind tin sef.....

Everyone has an imperfection........

As for OP, since your mum is aware, I advice u tell her everything u are passing through right now and ask her to let your dad know about it, don't go n tell your dad in person oh, your mum can do it better....... So as for your dad not to be in suspense.... By den d matter is half solved.... I will will advise u graduate by all means weda u Grad wit pass or not, have a certificate with u..... Better Dan spending all years with nothing to show for it....

Moreover, the last thing you should never think of is SUICIDE......

Don't try it OK.........
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by xexy: 10:06am On Dec 28, 2015
how many courses are u writing this year are they runable you also have to read and attend lectures and also look for a scholar to put u through and ensure u write those test and assignments in my school is like 30% dont miss it start reading from today take it as a do or die affair oh its only a fool that those the same thing and expect different result
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Karanka: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2015
Brother,you've had an awful year,right,but that is not the end of the road for you.
Believe me,a lot of people have had worst situations in school as well due to one thing or the other. Some people were even expelled from school. Your case is not totally peculiar.
What you should do?
First of all,remain very strong and positive in your determination to graduate this coming year and in your visions and dreams.
List all the courses you'll have to do again and register for them. Attend lectures very very seriously,do all assignments and tests,take all your exams. Determine to come out tops.
Nothing can stop a man with positive vision and dream who is determined.
Let me tell you,do all you can ( that won't hunt you in the future) to graduate.
Forget about the shame or embarrassment that will definitely come as you go back to school - they're only temporal.
All these are lessons and experience that you'll one day share to others to encourage them,and they'll help make you a better person in what you do in future.
Some people had similar problems like yours and they abandoned their schooling because of the embarrassment and shame,and they're regretting it now. Some others endured it to the very last,and now they're better off - even proceeding further to do their post graduate.
In life,it is you and your future. No other person.
I speak from first-hand experience.
Finally,as much as possible,treat others with compassion. It has a way of speaking out for you in times of need.
Cheers.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Joygalore(f): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2015
Thou shall not test the Lord thy God amd you have done that.
How can you be paying for courses and be praying at the same undecided
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by EZYMAN4CHRIST(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2015
Bro. as for me, i can deduce that u have lost ur salvation all in the name of passing ur courses. U have wander away from the fold, and the devil is now in charge of ur life. What u just need to do is to go back to the cross of cavalry where u first met wit ur Saviour and cry to Him for mercy nd open up to ur father and confess all dt had happened to him not mindin d cost. Then go back to skul, re-register ur courses and serve God like never before, read like never before nd i tell u that if u could do dis success is sure. Remain bless.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Why waste your time? Education is not for everybody. Or you can rob CBN, steal all the monies in the vault to do "runs", so as not to spend 10 years for a mere 4 years course.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Atigba: 10:12am On Dec 28, 2015
People praying to pass exam undecided
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Madu100t(m): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=stabas post=41407964]During the 2nd semester,a lecturer friend of mine I had been doing 'runs' with told me there's an elective course I should 'run' in order to grad and they'll use it to replace any other I fail,which I did at 25k per course(all final year courses).Only for me to hear from people later on that they weren't using that course to replace any.On calling him,he told me he din't tell me they were using the course to replace any.I felt bad and used but I still had faith.I sowed seeds and prayed like never before,telling God I can't be having a 2nd spilling year.I remember clearly when a woman made a prayer point in Church saying 'I shall not end this year in shame'.i prayed like I was about to die and sowed seeds to the prayer as well.i kept telling God that it was better I died than to go through what 2016 will offer me if I don't grad this year cos certainly,i will now have to tell my dad,who is already proudly telling people he now has 3 graduates at home.

Just last week,the results were released.You guessed it.My name was in the list of spillover students again,my final chance of being a graduate.

I seriously do not know how to go about it now cos i'm just confused.Its too big a burden for me to bear.Please I need the wise advises of my fellow nairalanders as  it will help me on what to do this coming year and above all,although i've practically given up on prayers,i still need your prayers as well.If you're looking for who to pray for in your 31st night prayer,please let it be me cos God might answer yours,even if He dint answer mine.

Seun‎
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Please take this to the promised land
you trusted in ur dubious lecturer and same time doing wrong thing over and over again and still believe God for miracle
can u get miracle in wrong approach to issues? I advice u to quit all ur frnds and face study and life for u do not have ryt frnds yet. thank u
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Priest200(m): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
Chartey thanks alot.The thing is I lost all interest in reading book after the 100 level failure.And even when I read,i won't just understand at all anymore.that's why I opted for the runs that has helped me alot.

have u ever heard this word read like it is by reading alone u wil pas and pray like u hv never read...sir what is happening to u is misplace priority..4get runs and read ur way out of skul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates / Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.