Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage (20293 Views)

Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / Gov Ajimobi Visits Burnt Plank Market, As Traders Allege Sabotage - Photos / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
bonechamberlain:

a strong centre in the 60s, the coup wasn't successful so it never happened, azikiwe preached it, but it never happened. those guys including ironsi were trying to see if that could bring unity to this country, but unfortunately their efforts were rubbished because some people felt they own Nigeria.

we are in the 21st century now, state controlling what they have is the only way for unity (if its ever possible), in this country. I still don't know why that also is difficult. some people are just comfortable surviving from what isn't theirs. I think that's the reason for this preaching of one Nigeria.

The coup wasnt successful: Lie.
It never happened: Lie.
They tried to bring unity to the country: Through death. O What lovely unity!
State controlling what they have is d only way for unity: Are u not leaving the zoo anymore? You guys are giving us a headache wt ur 1 leg in 1 leg out arguments. Pray to chukwu okike abiama for a clear direction. No one takes directionless pple serious.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by bonechamberlain(m): 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
janellemonae:

The coup wasnt successful: Lie.
It never happened: Lie.
They tried to bring unity to the country: Through death. O What lovely unity!
State controlling what they have is d only way for unity: Are u not leaving the zoo anymore? You guys are giving us a headache wt ur 1 leg in 1 leg out arguments. Pray to chukwu okike abiama for a clear direction. No one takes directionless pple serious.

ur argument is ignoratio elenchi, read well before u quote, so the Jan coup was successful, ok.
states controlling what they have is the only way for unity (that's if it is possible) is what I wrote, since u guys are saying Nigeria must be one, that's the condition for being one, but some parasites have always refused, your fellow one Nigeria colleagues said to me that Nigeria must be one at all cost, so that was the condition given,

"are we not leaving the zoo anymore" the question should be why are u guys preventing people from leaving the zoo. since the argument has always been that those people tarnish the image of the zoo. why not let them go. as long as u and ur one Nigeria colleagues continue to suppress the rights of people to leave this man made entity, u would continue to get conditions like the "each state must control its resources "..
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
bonechamberlain:

ur argument is ignoratio elenchi, read well before u quote, so the Jan coup was successful, ok.
states controlling what they have is the only way for unity (that's if it is possible) is what I wrote, since u guys are saying Nigeria must be one, that's the condition for being one, but some parasites have always refused, your fellow one Nigeria colleagues said to me that Nigeria must be one at all cost, so that was the condition given,

"are we not leaving the zoo anymore" the question should be why are u guys preventing people from leaving the zoo. since the argument has always been that those people tarnish the image of the zoo. why not let them go. as long as u and ur one Nigeria colleagues continue to suppress the rights of people to leave this man made entity, u would continue to get conditions like the "each state must control its resources "..

Im bored now. I only have nigerian policy discussion wt nigerians. No body is stopping u from going. Im pretty sure buhari never held a press conference stopping u. Its not anyones fault if u have no idea how to do it. I personally really really really hope u go.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by bonechamberlain(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
janellemonae:

Im bored now. I only have nigerian policy discussion wt nigerians. No body is stopping u from going. Im pretty sure buhari never held a press conference stopping u. Its not anyones fault if u have no idea how to do it. I personally really really really hope u go.

Good.

next time don't be quick to condemn and conclude, even though I detest the approach of the ipob abi kanu, that doesn't mean that I should turn blind eyes to evil being perpetrated towards his people, the topic was about the Akanu ibiam airport but because of ur hate for a tribe, u concluded that it was an ipob agenda and term everyone who shares the view of the author of that article, as ipob.

buhari doesn't need to hold a press conference he is doing it with his military gangs. am glad u said "u personally" the problem is not you allowing people to go, the problem is the criminals in power who always use their soldiers to try to suppress the self determination probably to cause a conflict.

no one wants a conflict before leaving, but ur oga at the top thinks differently, despite that it's a gradual process which would some day be achieved.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
Mbediogu:

Okwa echi ugbua, oputa ido ndorondoro ochichi, ha atunwere ya na ndi ugwu na ndi ofe nmanu.

Lee anya. O bighi maka ibu onye isi ala. I lezie anya, I ga-ahu na a na emegbu ndi Igbo emegbu.

Tule ihe a na-eme onye o ji ego achuego bu Ibeto, nke na-eme ihe eji aru ulo.

Tule ihe gbasara odo ugbo elu. Tule ihe ndi ozo di iche iche.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by zanga420: 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
obailala:
The real question nobody always asks is, who is marginalizing the Igbos?

A little diligence would reaveal that it is an Igbo man or woman that cornered the funds meant to buy that airport bus. But the way in which the mindset of a large population of igbos have been configured to always put the blame on others is mind boggling.
where u're pointing could be right but we need to face reality. I've practically being to all d geographical zones of this country, we're not one. Marginalisation, sabotage or deceit exist n are real in all ramifications. The north experience it d south experience it. The difference is who is much on d receiving end. Lemme narrate this little example. There's this project (int'l donor project) in d north then. D guy managing it was from kwara, trouble started brewing when d locales complained of being neglected n other stuffs like that. So d donors threatened not to renew d project, if d problems continue. This guy heading d project made a statement, either its casually or he was thinking aloud. 'let it close, lemme get out of this hostile area'. As it'll be those problems denied d project being renewed, 'cos I think d guy enjoyed d problems raging than solving them. Its an all round problem, no particular tribe is not guilty of it against d other. For instance, many in d north hate d southerners cos they believe they're d reasons they're not getting opportunities. Its well, I have many things to say but many 'll misunderstand it.
All in all, true federalism should make every tribe understand what their problem is n curtail all these pointing of fingers.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by arresa: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
dmater:

You will be better of if you can desist from spreading lies. Even your line of thought is not the topic of discussion.

exactly what lies are are you talking about? Do you mind highlighting the so called lies?
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by IGBOPRINCE: 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
sweetgala:

The use of coal to fire power stations has reduced in utilisation. Most countries are moving away from burning coal
most countries but not nigeria. That's why your country is not progressing cos of tribalism.
This country lack visions and the citizens want constant power. Una go old there.

There was a country and that's the solutions to end so many damages done by the previous govt. .
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by dmater: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
arresa:

exactly what lies are are you talking about? Do you mind highlighting the so called lies?

Just one example to counter your lies:
The people of Imo State taxed themselves to build Imo Airport. That feat ended up riling Obj who never wanted such development in SE.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Kingspin(m): 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
superstar1:
Are there no Federal Universities in SE?

Are there no Federal Prisons in SE?

Are there no field office of various Federal MDAs there, as obtainable in other regions?

What do they plant in SE that will make Fed Min of Agric to have a presence there?

Which sea is in SE that will make NPA to site a port there?

When their "stealing daughter" did the cosmetic renovation and redesign of the "Akamu intergalactic waterlogged airport", we told them she ripped them off. The amount spent is not commensurate with the value gotten for the airport. The report justifies our position.

Let "the leave our daughter alone" ethnic bigots keep trekking from the aircraft to the airport lounge.
Stop wasting space in nairaland.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by kayfra: 12:43am On Dec 29, 2015
bonechamberlain:
ok, since u brought balkanization, why is the north and west afraid of balkanization of this man-made entity called Nigeria.
Outside of Australia, Greenland and New Zealand which country's boundaries wasn't drawn by man? The trick is people learn to live with each other or they proceed with a rational secession process.

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by shepherdnoble: 1:05am On Dec 29, 2015
superstar1:

Are there no field office of various Federal MDAs there, as obtainable in other regions?

What do they plant in SE that will make Fed Min of Agric to have a presence there?

When their "stealing daughter" did the cosmetic renovation and redesign of the "Akamu intergalactic waterlogged airport", we told them she ripped them off. The amount spent is not commensurate with the value gotten for the airport. The report justifies our position.

Let "the leave our daughter alone" ethnic bigots keep trekking from the aircraft to the airport lounge.
Asshole
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by arresa: 3:18am On Dec 29, 2015
dmater:

Just one example to counter your lies:
The people of Imo State taxed themselves to build Imo Airport. That feat ended up riling Obj who never wanted such development in SE.

lol @ imo airport. So, the entire region built and is running a common and obsolete cargo airport, a relic for that matter..

If you have your own airport, why then are you still crying ?

You got to be kidding me...lmao.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by arresa: 3:21am On Dec 29, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by skyfall: 5:55am On Dec 29, 2015
These people and their annoying sense of entitlement though. What's special about Biianca Ojukwu that she can't wait like every other Nigerian?

I thought "your daughter" Stealer Oduah turned all the airports to paradise under Jonathan? Yeye!

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by arresa: 6:04am On Dec 29, 2015
skyfall:
These people and their annoying sense of entitlement though. What's special about Biianca Ojukwu that she can't wait like every other Nigerian?

I thought "your daughter" Stealer Oduah turned all the airports to paradise under Jonathan? Yeye!

Which useless and corrupt Stella? Na canoe she dey paddle go her village..

3 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Gassa007: 6:55am On Dec 29, 2015
superstar1:

Thunder will fire you for writing this trash. Admin ban me if you want to, mtcheeew
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by bonechamberlain(m): 7:09am On Dec 29, 2015
kayfra:
Outside Australia and New Zealand which countries boundaries wasn't drawn by man. The trick is people learn to live with each other or they proceed with a rational secession process.

the boundaries of almost all countries where drawn by man reflecting the cultural and various divergent differences of those Countries, in the case of Nigeria, it was done to reflect the desires of some powers.
what are the rational secession process

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by abacrested(f): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Making Enugu an international airport Was a nightmare to them in the first place.
Gradually they will wind it down with frivolous excuses meanwhile that airport is busier than all airports in South West combined excluding MM2, I couldn't find a return ticket from Dec 8th till 24 for you to see how busy the airport was during xmass. The only good legacy Gej left for the southeast is been destroyed on the alter of politics and some blind ibos will not see it because they don't know how important the airport is because they don't make use of it, one one day you might need it and you will realize what good legacy that was . The last time I used the same airport, it was horrible, customs will harass the hail out you, immigration so unprofessional and boring, everything seems to have changed since Gej left,it's pathetic.
This alarm isn't about politics,it's real .
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by mirakz(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2015
superstar1:

Just listen to yourself, it shows the kind of person you really are. What has Oduah's case has to do with this trend now.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by nedu666: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2015
ibos are toooo much. any story on ibos or Biafra must draw comments from yolobass masturbators, wankers and ejaculators. but stories on yolobass draws only few views with nobody ready to spare even one minute to post a comment. its obvious if you are nothing nobody will talk about you or even give a Bleep. see as Yoruba are opening topics on ibos, ipob and Biafra and all yorubas are jumping and dripping saliva like stray dogs on opportunity to yab ibos like its a souce of livelihood for them. weak ass losers of a tribe.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2015
nedu666:
ibos are toooo much. any story on ibos or Biafra must draw comments from yolobass masturbators, wankers and ejaculators. but stories on yolobass draws only few views with nobody ready to spare even one minute to post a comment. its obvious if you are nothing nobody will talk about you or even give a Bleep. see as Yoruba are opening topics on ibos, ipob and Biafra and all yorubas are jumping and dripping saliva like stray dogs on opportunity to yab ibos like its a souce of livelihood for them. weak ass losers of a tribe.
Shut up goat boi the 666.... Useless ipob youth.. Oloriburuku olori pelebe...
Stupid tribalistic animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by kayfra: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2015
bonechamberlain:

the boundaries of almost all countries where drawn by man reflecting the cultural and various divergent differences of those Countries, in the case of Nigeria, it was done to reflect the desires of some powers.
what are the rational secession process

Not true. Successful countries like USA, Russia, China, India and Brazil do not represent homogeneous cultures. People just got out of their primitive state of minds and learned to live together.

Let the people that represent you in a government ask for a referendum. Your fight should be convincing them or getting them out of office.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by obailala(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2015
zanga420:
where u're pointing could be right but we need to face reality. I've practically being to all d geographical zones of this country, we're not one. Marginalisation, sabotage or deceit exist n are real in all ramifications. The north experience it d south experience it. The difference is who is much on d receiving end. Lemme narrate this little example. There's this project (int'l donor project) in d north then. D guy managing it was from kwara, trouble started brewing when d locales complained of being neglected n other stuffs like that. So d donors threatened not to renew d project, if d problems continue. This guy heading d project made a statement, either its casually or he was thinking aloud. 'let it close, lemme get out of this hostile area'. As it'll be those problems denied d project being renewed, 'cos I think d guy enjoyed d problems raging than solving them. Its an all round problem, no particular tribe is not guilty of it against d other. For instance, many in d north hate d southerners cos they believe they're d reasons they're not getting opportunities. Its well, I have many things to say but many 'll misunderstand it.
All in all, true federalism should make every tribe understand what their problem is n curtail all these pointing of fingers.
The truth is that I have deeply reflected on the problems of Nigeria and like you rightly said, the problems faced in the south east are also faced in just about every other zone in the country. But its just a pity that most Igbos have been made to believe that it is only SE that suffers and that the issues are specifically planned to frustrate the Igbos.

Nigeria has always had a problem with maintenance and management and there is hardly any government owned or controlled instutution that works as it should. Alll the seaports in Nigeria today are dead except for Lagos. These people myopically say it is yoruba and hausa that killed all other ports to punish Igbos, they simply fail to acknowledge the poor maintenance and management culture in Nigeria. In my opinion, the only reason the Lagos ports are working is because there are no alternatives, these are the last surviving ports in Nigeria and they are being sustained even by private individuals not the government. Talking of international airports, these guys claim that hausas and yorubas have ensured only abuja and lagos airports are functional, once again, they myopically fail to acknowledge the horrible maintenance culture of government. They also gail to acknowledge that abuja is the FCt and lagos was the former FCT.

Minus Lagos which was a former FCt and which happens to be the last surviving airport in Nigeria, which airport in the entire south west is better than the owerri or enugu airports?.... With the exception of lagos which is a national commercial centre, Ibadan is the commercial capital of the SW. What is the state of the airport at Ibadan?... is it not that same airport where the departure and arrivals are done under dirty white canopies?... Same also for the north, with the exception of the abuja airport which is the FCT, which northern airport is really better than the ones in the SE?.... is it Kano?.... Yet Igbo elders and leaders keep deceiving the youths that it is yorubas and hausas that are sabotaging government establishments in the SE. This madness needs to stop ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by bonechamberlain(m): 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
kayfra:

Not true. Successful countries like USA, Russia, China, India and Brazil do not represent homogeneous cultures. People just got out of their primitive state of minds and learned to live together.

Let the people that represent you in a government ask for a referendum. Your fight should be convincing them or getting them out of office.

ok

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by zanga420: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
obailala:
The truth is that I have deeply reflected on the problems of Nigeria and like you rightly said, the problems faced in the south east are also faced in just about every other zone in the country. But its just a pity that most Igbos have been made to believe that it is only SE that suffers and that the issues are specifically planned to frustrate the Igbos.

Nigeria has always had a problem with maintenance and management and there is hardly any government owned or controlled instutution that works as it should. Alll the seaports in Nigeria today are dead except for Lagos. These people myopically say it is yoruba and hausa that killed all other ports to punish Igbos, they simply fail to acknowledge the poor maintenance and management culture in Nigeria. In my opinion, the only reason the Lagos ports are working is because there are no alternatives, these are the last surviving ports in Nigeria and they are being sustained even by private individuals not the government. Talking of international airports, these guys claim that hausas and yorubas have ensured only abuja and lagos airports are functional, once again, they myopically fail to acknowledge the horrible maintenance culture of government. They also gail to acknowledge that abuja is the FCt and lagos was the former FCT.

Minus Lagos which was a former FCt and which happens to be the last surviving airport in Nigeria, which airport in the entire south west is better than the owerri or enugu airports?.... With the exception of lagos which is a national commercial centre, Ibadan is the commercial capital of the SW. What is the state of the airport at Ibadan?... is it not that same airport where the departure and arrivals are done under dirty white canopies?... Same also for the north, with the exception of the abuja airport which is the FCT, which northern airport is really better than the ones in the SE?.... is it Kano?.... Yet Igbo elders and leaders keep deceiving the youths that it is yorubas and hausas that are sabotaging government establishments in the SE. This madness needs to stop ASAP!
u're correct. But to face reality some ppl are adversely affected to it than others. When I was in sw I've seen many igbo guys quarel cos they where called 'omo ibo'. I never took it serious till 2yrs ago, some staff where transferred from d north to d office . Then there was a fight? The a southern guy called d northern guy 'aboki'. We asked but u know 'aboki' means friend so why're u angry abt it. He said, 4d past 4yrs he has lived with d guy in d north, he's never called him 'aboki' rather he do call him 'chairman or broda'. So his intention of calling him aboki was to degrade him (yes that's d truth).
This is how cryptic ppl cause troubles n dissaffection.
In summary, when issues like this arise, it should be seriously investigated n looked into than attacking it.
My problem is d sentimentality of d masses, which smacks stupidity(which is d power d politicians n rogues in high places use in colliding d masses, while they cruise in impunity). We condemn or appraise issues on sentimental level.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
superstar1:

Sadist

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Rossikk(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
dabossman:

No doubt she tried to give a number of the airports a face lift, but you don't see anyone claiming there is a gang up against their region simply because of a few inadequacies that still needs to be taken care of at our airports. We all saw pictures of some people disembarking from a plane with a ladder recently. Did they cry marginalisation? Did they blame Aunty Stella? No. The issue was addressed to FAAN and Aero Contractors.
Thank you. Many Igbos are simply used to playing the victim, and have lost their common sense. A stup.id issue like shortage of buses at an airport means "some outsiders" want the SE to fail. It's ludicrous and pathetic. The cost of arranging that nasty "stakeholders" press conference by the brainless Mr Okolo would have paid for one bus I'm sure. But of course they're less interested in rectifying that situation than in proclaiming their hatred for other Nigerians. Dumb, stu.pid dolts.

3 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by zanga420: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
@ obailala ,
lemme digress a bit. There's a way I handle ppl (I allow them 2see themselves in d mirror). Lemme use my younger brother as an example. When he's with me, he mostly perform poorly in academics n kept on making excuses, insinuating my presence is affecting him. At d same time, my programmes are affected in my efforts 2put him through n make him better. So later I let him be, I guessed saw himself in d mirror, knew his weaknesses then improved on them by himself. Today we're both happy for it n he appreciates any opportunity to be with me or hear from me.
The same way, is what I think should be applicable to nigeria.
1.The northern masses believe d southerners are d cause of their poverty(who knows, they might be right).
2. The SE believes its d North n SW thats suppressing them(who knows?)
3. The niger-delta believes its d North thats impoverishing them(they could be right)
4. The SW believes its d SE thats degrading/polluting their land(they might be right).
In all these, what do we have? COFUSION/COMMOTION. Non of these have looked inward to their leaders n ppl, all they're doing is point accussing fingers on others, increase hatred n stereotype.
The power n influence at d centre needs to be reduced. Ppl needs to see themselves in d mirror, so they can deal with their weaknesses. Unfortunately, he who do evil always revel in it, so he's not willing to stop it on his own. Thanks
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by cecegorz(m): 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ebony state Government donated truck loads of rice to some Northern states but can't donate common shuttle bus for the use of the airport?
SE governors can do this as their own contribution to the project.
Just cross over to Innoson''s office at Emene and tell him to supply 2 or 3 low bed shuttle buses.
Just chicken change
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by obailala(m): 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
It's so scary how the minds of a people can be totally configured to a paranoid mode where they believe every single negative occurence is pre-planned by 'enemies' to hurt them.

The airport today at Ibadan does not even have a building; never for once have I heard of Yorubas accusing anyone of ethnic persecution. Just recently, passengers disembarked from an aircraft with a NEPA ladder in Bauchi; I never heard of any Hausa person lamenting that it was ethnic persecution. Again the international airport at Port harcourt does not have a building for arrivals, they use a dirty white canopy and just recently, the airport was ranked the worst in the world by CNN. I did not hear the Rivers state people or Niger Deltans lament sabotage. Every right thinking human knows this is a general leadership problem that is suffered by all around Nigeria.

Yet a common airport shuttle is not available in Enugu and a group of people who call themselves elders abi na stakeholders have labelled it sabotage against Igbos with a sole aim of creating division and disaffection across tribal lines... And if you investigate properly, you may discover that funds may have been released for that bus but it was cornered by an Igbo man/woman. And this is exactly how the minds of Igbo youths and youngsters have configured since 1970 to see every issue from the paranoid angle as persecution.

The day Nigerians (not just Igbos) will open their eyes and see that the real problem we face is a class war of The Rich vs The Rest, that is the day things will begin to get better.

Cc: zanga420

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by arresa: 12:33am On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
It's so scary how the minds of a people can be totally configured to a paranoid mode where they believe every single negative occurence is pre-planned by 'enemies' to hurt them.

The airport today at Ibadan does not even have a building; never for once have I heard of Yorubas accusing anyone of ethnic persecution. Just recently, passengers disembarked from an aircraft with a NEPA ladder in Bauchi; I never heard of any Hausa person lamenting that it was ethnic persecution. Again the international airport at Port harcourt does not have a building for arrivals, they use a dirty white canopy and just recently, the airport was ranked the worst in the world by CNN. I did not hear the Rivers state people or Niger Deltans lament sabotage. Every right thinking human knows this is a general leadership problem that is suffered by all around Nigeria.

Yet a common airport shuttle is not available in Enugu and a group of people who call themselves elders abi na stakeholders have labelled it sabotage against Igbos with a sole aim of creating division and disaffection across tribal lines... And if you investigate properly, you may discover that funds may have been released for that bus but it was cornered by an Igbo man/woman. And this is exactly how the minds of Igbo youths and youngsters have configured since 1970 to see every issue from the paranoid angle as persecution.

The day Nigerians (not just Igbos) will open their eyes and see that the real problem we face is a class war of The Rich vs The Rest, that is the day things will begin to get better.

Cc: zanga420

Sadly, this is always the case. Paranoia and playing victim is like a communal and favorite pastime.

When Lagos state deported people from the east, they screamed and yelled and turned it into some kind of staged campaign against them when in fact that action was not limited to the east, folks from other states were deported for the same reasons with zero complaints from those state.

I remember Peter Obi leading the tribalism charged, but he failed to admit to his people that he was notified by the Lagos state government about his people and to make arrangements for them to be returned back home. When leaders fail, they point fingers and blame other people, they sweep their faults under tribalism and us against them.

They love to blame the FG for everything as if their own leaders are never part of the same government, as if they don't have governors, as of their states doesn't collect taxes and allocations like the rest of Nigeria.

The sad part is the so called next generation who are content and always eager to to riddle and abuse other people and developments in other states and never their own docile and unproductive leaders.

It's a sad shame..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Sends Condolence Message To Nigerian Army Over The Recent Loss Of Lives / June 12: Tinubu Warns Against Dictatorship / Gunshots As Two NURTW Factions Clash In Agbado, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.