Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328138 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:42am On May 17, 2013
yinx007: Why do I feel like a prodigal member of dis family??

Actially my hands are quite full now. How is everyone doing?

C'mon de-clutter those hands and pick up your weights.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 12:59pm On May 17, 2013
babs2011: @HG: I dey o. My son was admitted to hospital for the past few days, praise God he is discharged now and better. It was a very stressful period. Obviously my focus was on him getting better so any workout regime was on hold.. In the meantime food has been good or even non existent as stress took my appetite.
Glad to hear you are keeping the faith. Will be back soonest.
Motherhood!! The lord is your strength,take care.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:08pm On May 17, 2013
I read that Marilyn Monroe got her slim waist with a hundred sit ups every night. Can you beat that?

Happy Weekend.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:07pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks Modath and HG!
@yinx: no prodigals in the family dear, but please don't be far away
Hope to be back at it from the coming week by Gods grace.
Wishing the house a good weekend.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:47pm On May 18, 2013
Another week gone by and it is one of the most uninteresting weeks for me in a long while. Nothing spectacular and yesterday was my weigh in day at a weight of 77.7kg as against 76.3kg last month. At the clinics during the check on Monday, they recorded 76.5kg in my card. So much fluctuations thanks to TOM, I think.

18.5 minutes jump rope (twice).
Level 1 30DS
3 hours heavy cleaning (today)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by fitnessmania(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2013
Due to brutal tooth ache, skipping my workout today. It's really going in my head. Got to go to doctor asap.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:05pm On May 18, 2013
fitnessmania: Due to brutal tooth ache, skipping my workout today. It's really going in my head. Got to go to doctor asap.

Please do so. Get well soon
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:33pm On May 18, 2013
Hour_Glass: I read that Marilyn Monroe got her slim waist with a hundred sit ups every night. Can you beat that?

Happy Weekend.

Played a match on Wednesday(won) but I aggravated the injury. I should have waited angry
Now I have to wait for two weeks without excercise.

How are you my Hour G?

@Barby
I am glad your son is out of the woods. Did you get him his favorite food? wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:53am On May 19, 2013
agabaI23:

Played a match on Wednesday(won) but I aggravated the injury. I should have waited angry
Now I have to wait for two weeks without excercise.

How are you my Hour G?

What have you done again? Why do you keep doing this to yourself? Please just get the ice fast and do that everyday.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:59am On May 19, 2013
Ok... I'm here ooo *winks*

Exercise dis morning was 510 skips
B.fast(8:30am) 2garden eggs, 2 peppered gizzard(boiled and stewed with pepper), half an apple and a mug of green tea

Lunch would be 2 boiled unripe plantain and Vegetable(efo riro less oil, with crayfish n dried fish)

Dinner would be: watermelon chunks and 2 bananas + plenty water/green tea

By the way guys, I found it hard to keep up with the skips cuz I'm now lazy, but I made sure I did d 510 ooo. So I'm rewarding myself with a nail polish. Hehehehehehe. Tomorrow is another day, happy sunday
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:18pm On May 19, 2013
yinx007: Ok... I'm here ooo *winks*

Exercise dis morning was 510 skips
B.fast(8:30am) 2garden eggs, 2 peppered gizzard(boiled and stewed with pepper), half an apple and a mug of green tea

Lunch would be 2 boiled unripe plantain and Vegetable(efo riro less oil, with crayfish n dried fish)

Dinner would be: watermelon chunks and 2 bananas + plenty water/green tea

By the way guys, I found it hard to keep up with the skips cuz I'm now lazy, but I made sure I did d 510 ooo. So I'm rewarding myself with a nail polish. Hehehehehehe. Tomorrow is another day, happy sunday

Good job and I love that word, 'tomorrow is another day'.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2013
Hour_Glass:

What have you done again? Why do you keep doing this to yourself? Please just get the ice fast and do that everyday.
Alright hun
Thanks wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 12:58pm On May 20, 2013
hey all. how was your weekend?
good to know you are all keeping on
@babs: thank God for your son's healing.
@modath: I have sentyou the email
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 20, 2013
Hi ML *waving hands and jumping*

I didn't have dinner last nyt contrary to my previous posts of watermelon chunks and bananas for dinner. I wasn't hungry and didn't want to stuff myself up

Today's Log

Bfast: 8:30am ... 5 small sized bananas, one large apple and 2 medium size pineapple cubes

Mid-day snack 11:15am: 2 small bananas

Lunch 2:15

2 slices of boiled yam and scrambled eggs(one egg white+one whole egg)

Dinner 6:30
Should be either one apple and a tall glass of water/ a medium serving of vegetable salad(no cream)... That's if I'm able to shred it

Exercise: 45mins walk, and if rain falls then 30mins dancing

Howz everyone doing
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:22pm On May 20, 2013
Hour_Glass: I read that Marilyn Monroe got her slim waist with a hundred sit ups every night. Can you beat that?

Happy Weekend.
Marilyn has a NATURAL hourglass shape,she is not genetically disposed to belly fat.

@Yinka,
How are you?how do you manage to sleep without adequate nutriton, wish I'm like that,I for don become a skinny mini, but seriously I do hope you are not trying the starvation mode?

@General House,
How una dey? I am back!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 20, 2013
@Mody: I'm good oh.... Twas my mum that took me to our fam dr 2months back, she complained bout my weight I'm 103 against her own 75kg. So the dr told me to replace 2 of my meals with fruits n veggies. I didn't take him serious, twas last week I decided to give it a shot to see if I'll cope, asides the fact that I had a nagging h/ache today I guess I'm good to go. I go on fruit fast too. I just feel since I feed on something to keep my metabolism running and digestive system working then its ok healthwise and as for sleep, I'm waiting for the day it'll become an open door game at d olympics... I can sleep for Africa mehn.

Shey I never write too mush epistle now. Mody shld undastand jo
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:22pm On May 21, 2013
modath:
Marilyn has a NATURAL hourglass shape,she is not [b]genetically [/b]disposed to belly fat.

But do you feel, the sit ups dint make any difference too.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 21, 2013
Today's Log

7:45am: 5 small bananas+ one garden egg+ a mug of green tea

12:30noon: one medium chunk of pineapple

2:00pm: boiled unripe plantains+ garden egg stew

5:30pm A handful of groundnuts

8pm: Fish peppersoup.(Used panla fish cuz its fat free)

Exercise: 20mins brisk walk and abs crunch
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:08am On May 22, 2013
Wednesday:

Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd - 54 mins

Hey house! Thanks so much for your well wishes regarding my sons health. We thank God he is back to full health.
So I've been struggling to get back on track with my workouts as can happen when one takes a break. But today I dragged my lazy arse off the bed and dug out my Jillian dvd and I'm glad I did! I feel great after working out- missed that feeling.

Glad to see some faces again (winks back at Yinx lol!) nice one.
Mody glad your back too.
HG keep at it babe! Hope this weeks more interesting. t.o.m weight fluctuations sucks, I keep away from scales as much as poss nowadays..
Agaba nawa for injuries o, anyway two weeks will soon fly by..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 22, 2013
Barbie.....Hiiiiiiii grin

Today's log

B.fast 6:30 am: a small bowl of fish peppersoup and green tea(had to wack early cuz i was setting out and dint know when i'll be chance to grab something to eat)

3pm: puff worth 40 naira and 30naira hard buns....couldn't help it, the weather was really cold and the whiff of the frying kept screaming my name so i wee buy undecided

6pm: small bowl of fish peppersoup

7pm; 3 ears of boiled corn

Exercise

20mins walk
250 skips
40 ait ups
35 reverse ab crunch

i can do better tomorrow nah wink cheesy

Where's HG, Agaby, Mody, ML.....
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:20pm On May 23, 2013
yinx007:

Yes there will always be a tomorrow. It will only be unacceptable when tomorrow is always a yesterday's indulgence.

We dey my sister enjoying every bit of life and living.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 23, 2013
Thanks HG

Today's Log

Exercise: 30mins vigorous dancing

8:30am: a mug of warm water diffused with one medium lime and 3/4 teaspoon of honey

9am: 2 cubes of pineapple, 6 small bananas, one whole egg+ one egg white(boiled) + green tea

11:30am : 10pieces of roasted peanuts+ one large apple

12 noon: 3 serving spoons beans + maize

6:30pm: one slice of watermelon + 2 pineapple cubes

8pm: a mug of warm water diffused with small lime and a drop of honey.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:52am On May 24, 2013
yinx007: Thanks HG

Today's Log

Exercise: 30mins vigorous dancing

8:30am: a mug of warm water diffused with one medium lime and 3/4 teaspoon of honey

9am: 2 cubes of pineapple, 6 small bananas, one whole egg+ one egg white(boiled) + green tea

11:30am : 10pieces of roasted peanuts+ one large apple

12 noon: 3 serving spoons beans + maize

6:30pm: one slice of watermelon + 2 pineapple cubes

8pm: a mug of warm water diffused with small lime and a drop of honey.

Yinkus, I love your accountability.

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by fitnessmania(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2013
Back to gym after almost 2 days:

Cross trainer - 15 min
Cycling _ 15 min
Running on Treadmill for 15 min

and other cardio related exercise for 20 min
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 25, 2013
i exercise 3-5 days a week and eat smaller portions.
i've also officially cut out ALL red meat from my diet. smiley

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 25, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Yinkus, I love your accountability.

I agree! she's mastered the concept of self-discipline - which is very important..something i have problems with lol.
anyway, i like that. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 25, 2013
yinx007: Barbie.....Hiiiiiiii grin

Today's log

B.fast 6:30 am: a small bowl of fish peppersoup and green tea(had to wack early cuz i was setting out and dint know when i'll be chance to grab something to eat)

3pm: puff worth 40 naira and 30naira hard buns....couldn't help it, the weather was really cold and the whiff of the frying kept screaming my name so i wee buy undecided

6pm: small bowl of fish peppersoup

7pm; 3 ears of boiled corn

Exercise

20mins walk
250 skips
40 ait ups
35 reverse ab crunch

It's ok to spoil yourself every once in a while.
as long as it's not constant. tongue i learned the hard way. i remember shedding pounds and called myself rewarding myself for making my goal..and then, let's just say i had to start all over again! grin grin

also i think it's a bit unrealistic for some folks to say to eat only three balanced meals a day. snacks in between have never hurt anyone..as long as their exercise routines are consistent and their food portions are moderate.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2013
@fitnessmania -

Cross trainer - 15 min
Cycling _ 15 min
Running on Treadmill for 15 min and other cardio related exercise for 20 min

I would advise you to concentrate your cardio efforts on one machine/exercise per session. You can use different machines in different sessions/days. This is so that you get the maximum benefit from the session you are undertaking. It is simply not possible to get your heart rate up to the required level in 15mins - unless you are starting with a very high intensity; which is not advisable.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:09pm On May 25, 2013
@ yinkuse,
I dey ooo,I dey jejely dey chop the life of my head.
@Kalis,
Abeg explain what u mean cos if I am to go with the regimen you posted then you are doing way way ok & have scored pretty high on the healthy living score card.
@HG,
I dey ok oo,thx for asking! grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 25, 2013
modath: @ yinkuse,
I dey ooo,I dey jejely dey chop the life of my head.
@Kalis,
Abeg explain what u mean cos if I am to go with the regimen you posted then you are doing way way ok & have scored pretty high on the healthy living score card.
@HG,
I dey ok oo,thx for asking! grin

@Mody...yes ooo chopping d life of ur head, u donno d back of tomorro. That's good jare

@Kalis... My dear I had to discipline myself cuz d rate at which I balloned up within some days amazes me sef. But my regimen is paying off

@HG... Thanks oo, I noticed that being accountable kept me on track. And once I slip, I go straight back to d log to find out where I've gone wrong.

Yday's log

8:30am---- a mug of lukewarm water diffused with lime and 3/4 teaspoon of honey + a small bowl of beans + maize(1.5 serving spoon)

12 noon: one serving spoon of beans + maize

6pm: one slice of yam + half scrambled egg.. My cuz made 2 and ate almost 1.5eggs

Exercise: baking a cake, my mixer spoilt halfway so I had to make use of my arms to mix, I also frosted it yday with my hand and that's exercise cuz I was hungry when I finished and soaked garri + peanuts arnd 10pm... Couldn'r opt for fruits as I needed sometin cold that'll make me zzz on time

Today's Log
8am: a mug of green tea + 2 medium cake slices

Exercise: House chores for 2hrs nonstop, market waka and cooking for 15 healthy guys... U can imagine

Lunch --- nil, totally forgot as I was busy

5:35pm: 2 servingspoons of fried rice + lotsa coleslaw n turkey..

That's all for now.

Howz Agaby faring
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:54pm On May 25, 2013
Dint do too well this week as I wanted to but these are my records:

166 fitness minutes

For the fun (it actually was fun), I weighed in everyday for one week, here it is:

5/18 - 77.4kg
5/19 - 76.8kg
5/20 - 76.4kg
5/21 - 76.4kg
5/22 - 76.2kg
5/23 - 75.7kg
5/24 - 75.6kg
5/25 - 76.4kg

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:23pm On May 27, 2013
Everybody stay in the vehicle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.