Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328501 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
@Romeo, ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
You are hilarious,from what you can deduce about me,do i sound like someone who can even lift heavy weight,am just a "don't knock it until you try it" kind of girl, i gleaned from all my internet cruising s that cardio alone will just make me a smaller version of my flabby self which is why i have decided to have a go at resistance and strength training for 3 months[90 days].
On the cardio days i do 1hr brisk walk/jog/run[a little],but i skip for 15 minutes or when i get to a 1000 on the days i do my strength workout,which i do with just two 1.5 litre water bottles [till i get my dumb bells].
all i do is 60 squats,100 lunges,30 bicep curls,30 push ups,30 lateral raises.like three i saw on the internet but cant remember what they are called at the moment,some stretches and am done.
Romeo,on the pros and cons of daily ab work out what say you??cos i now do 50 leg raises 50 bicycle crunches,30 push ups,3 sets of 30 sec plank and do the vacuum pose intermittently all day cos you said 4X a week but this regime though i feel like dying while and after doing it i wake up the next day all fired up.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 2:16am On Sep 23, 2010
@ romeo
plz have u any idea how much a good workout bra can cost me
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2010
Nonny,
Hi,it can cost anywhere between 1k-2k depending on the brand,though the question though is for romeo, i need to ask first if you are top heavy so i can recommend what i use.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2010
shocked on the body type diagrams. I was sure I was apple then got confused. grin

Hi all,keep up the good work.

Welcome new peeps.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
@ modath, thats really thunderous o, i envy you. I am yet on a long rest, cant explain why except waking late these days and early morning rain. I ll def resume 2moro. Only dat no vigorous regime till am done wit whatever is on my hands.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Romeo4real
Thanks for your advice. Will a week be okay to at least lose 2kg coupled with minimal exercise cos i go to work very early and am not back till 10. Once again, is this healthy for an ulcer patient.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4rea1: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Modath -

Thx for answering NonnyP's question. I wouldn't have had a clue where to start from, as i have never bought one myself!

from what you can deduce about me,do i sound like someone who can even lift heavy weight
OK, let me tell you what i can deduce abt u so far. You seem like a no nonsense kind of girl who does not suffer fools gladly. You have no time for whiners, whingers, moaners, and people who generally feel sorry for themselves. You cannot stand people who make excuses about stuff - If you want to do it, then get on with it, if not, then stop talking about it! You are a "get up and go" type of person. Once you make up your mind to do something, you just get on with it. You like, and embrace challenges, and you can sometimes be a bit of a feminist (though not a militant one), or believe in female empowerment.
How did i do? smiley

Romeo,on the pros and cons of daily ab work out what say you??
Nothing wrong with this - if your body can take it, and you are mentally up to it. It may be nice to give ur abs a day off though - from time to time. They wouldn't mind!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4rea1: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Uche13 -

Will a week be okay to at least lose 2kg coupled with minimal exercise
There is certainly no healthy way to lose 2kg within a week with no exercise. You would have to drastically cut your food or water intake - and that is NOT healthy. Also what would happen after the week? Again, with no exercise regime, you will simply put the weight back on.

Once again, is this healthy for an ulcer patient.
With this condition, not eating properly, or in healthy manner would certainly have a negative effect on the ulcer. I would advise you to eat properly - at least 3 meals a day, whilst you are trying to lose this weight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4rea1: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
@omomamae -

I eat breakfast around 11:00am and lunch around 5:00pm.I avoid late night food, yet i'm not reducing
Well, you are obviously not eating enough based on the above. This is counterproductive. There is nothing wrong with eating at night (thats been covered many times here). Its the kind of food and the amount that is more important. Make sure to eat 3 meals a day. The fruits can count as part of your meals.

The weight gain started when i got married and i don't have kids yet
Well, i do not know the biological mechanism by which marriage automatically causes weight gain. Seriously though, you need to eat healthy meals in moderate amounts combined with an exercise regime.

I do not exercise except that i stop taking my cars out so as to exercise small.
What exactly does this statement mean? How long is the exercise? What intensity? How many times a week? And what does it consist of?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
WTF Romeo? Havnt you heard about the Marriage-20? I.e women tend to gain weight when they have become comfortable in a relationship. Men also gain the Marriage-30 too
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
Romeo4rea1:

@Modath -

OK, let me tell you what i can deduce abt u so far. You seem like a no nonsense kind of girl who does not suffer fools gladly. You have no time for whiners, wingers, moaners, and people who generally feel sorry for themselves. You cannot stand people who make excuses about stuff - If you want to do it, then get on with it, if not, then stop talking about it! You are a "get up and go" type of person. Once you make up your mind to do something, you just get on with it. You like, and embrace challenges, and you can sometimes be a bit of a feminist (though not a militant one), or believe in female empowerment.
How did i do? smiley

and me grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4rea1: 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2010
@Ebony -

There is no known biological mechanism by which women(and men) automatically gain weight after a marriage.
Yes, it is widely known that both partners tend to gain weight, women more than men, but this is due to a variety of factors, rather than an automatic biological mechanism brought on by the institution of marriage.

- After marriage, eating habits are shared between spouses, and as men usually eat more than women, women get into the habit of eating as much as their partners. Unfortunately, a man's metabolic rate is much higher than a woman's. Subsequently she gains more weight than he does.

- Married women tend to do more cooking than single women. With more food available, they simply tend to eat more.

- Women become less body conscious after marriage. This relaxation affects eating and exercise habits, with the result being weight gain.

- Married women also have less time for themselves. With a husband and maybe kids, there simply may not be enough time to devote to giving themselves a healthy lifestyle.

As you can see, all the above have one thing in common - less exercise, and more food. Nothing to do with being married.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2010
Well most of the reasons are directly proportional to marriage itself. You also forgot about pregnancy and weight gain. Men also gain weight too, I have seen some men that rival 9 month pregnant women in the belly department. grin grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4rea1: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
@Aladunni -

and me
Are you sure?. Well, here goes! grin
You are quite an interesting person, dare i say sometimes complicated. People may find you difficult to understand at times, and you may also find the same. You can be quite mischievous, with a naughty streak.  You seem to have a lively personality, and you are well up for a challenge. You can get stuck on something you want to do - though you know clearly well it may have no benefit.

You seem to have a strong personality, and like to be in control. Because of this, you hate showing any weakness. subsequently, you sometimes dont ask for help when you should. You can also be prone to bouts of emotional outbursts -  but you see these outbursts as a loss of control, or a sign of weakness. This makes you angry with yourself, so you tend to deal with them privately.
You can be very caring and loving. You like a man to be a man, and cannot stand weak ineffectual men.

How did i do? smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
^^^ hmmmmmm, unbelievably me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by OMOMAMAE: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Romeo4real. Thanks for ur reply, u must be a no nonsense lady i suppose? Very direct. Thanks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2010
OMOMAMAE:

@Romeo4real. Thanks for your reply, u must be a no nonsense lady i suppose? Very direct. Thanks
Romeo is a he.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2010
Ejadamen:

Romeo is a he.

grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ modath
am very grateful for the response. yes am on the big side though i don,t know my size but my bra size is 38 or thereabout
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2010
Romeo is a he.
LOL!! At least i was last time i checked! grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2010
@Romeo,
Am baaaaaaaaaaaccckk!!!!!!!.
Didn't get the dumb bells in Lagos cos i was scared of excess luggage charges cos i bought some toys for my kids,some novels and old Cosmo magazines for myself ,but still paid 2k,which really riled me.
You were right on the money about me,which is why i have very few friends but millions of acquaintances as people always want you to oh and ah when they give you sob stories,cos the time people spend on whining and complaining and wondering why they are done for,they would have achieved tremendous things.
when i got to Lagos for the wedding,the people who saw me when i was still pretty thick last year were divided ,some complained some cheered didn't care either ways cos am doing it for myself and loving it,one of my in-laws was so pissed that i refused to eat the ofada rice sauce cos it was swimming in oil,didn't eat the meat meant for rice cos it was fried but eat from the boiled meat in the sauce meant for swallow [we are yoruba and you know yoruba relationship with oil]cos it was done the way i wanted.

@Omamae,
38" is not a cup size,it is your band size,its possible to have large boobs on a skinny frame and vice versa.get a tape and measure your bust and also measure your under bust get the difference and you have your cup size.
As for me i am a 34D,used to be a 36DD or E-,but lost some some[a trade off of healthy lifestyle] have active sport and champion exercise bras cos they are snug and have underwires,when i jump nothing jumps with me.

@Eja,
How body??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2010
@ Modath, fine o!

Hi all,I had a nasty experience with red oil(reading modath's entry reminded me) last week. Eating beans was beginning to give me heart burn so I decided to make ewa agoin. Don't like much oil so I used a little only for my hubby to say it's not like that so I added more oil. Chai! The beans was sweet so I ate it then made another beans stew to eat with yam and more beans. By saturday I was in pain with heartburn and a serious distaste for red oil. How do people who eat stuff swimming in oil manage? I'm going back to my oil stingy ways. Much healthier. Milk and I had quarrels until I changed back to whole milk,now we're cool as long as I don't drink it alone. I'm still going without sugar grin Will get weighed at my next hospital visit to know how much I've added cheesy

Er,why did Romeo and Aladunni crack up over my response to omomamae tongue smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2010
@ eja, what else can i say than crack up one more time.

@ romeo, I have not been exercising cos i dont if what am experiencing is injury or i slept wrongly again, its just below my right shoulder now and the pain is dull and comes when i make some turns/movements, it moved to the side of my right b.o.o.b since yesterday. I need to see my doctor now to clarify some things. Apart from this complaint am fine and ll definitely resume my logs the moment am given a clear bill of health, lol.               

@ modath, welcome back from your trip, interestingly i just bumped into a gym store last week and i realized except what i cannot afford then i cant buy(meaning the store was stocked to teeth), including different weight of dumbbells,

how i wish i can catapult them to you in abj. 
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Aladunni,
I dont understand your post.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2010
modath:

@Aladunni,
I dont understand your post.

you dont

I thot you said something like not getting dumbbells in Lagos, but i just revisited your post and i realized you dint get it cos of overload. sorry for jumping, undecided
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by deneku: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hello! Please what is this dumbbell?I really need to slim down ever since I had my son last year I have not come down. My present weight is 80kg, a friend of mine took me to a shop they sell GNC products actually I bought the one for my tummy because if you see you think I am still pregnant. I have really cut off fatty foods, eat little, no exercise because I work a lot and stressed up so I feel it will go for the exercise. Please who know about this GNC products. Thank you
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Modath -
Welcome back!

one of my in-laws was so pissed that i refused to eat the ofada rice sauce cos it was swimming in oil
Lol! Thats is so funny!
Dont upset your in-laws O!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Aladunni -

It seems like you have strained or a pulled a muscle. Its nothing to worry about. Just rest the area.
Dont make any sudden movements that utilise the muscles in your rib cage. Try to stretch the affected muscles in the area gently. It should clear up soon.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Deneku -

Please what is this dumbbell?
A dumbbell is simply a weight that is designed to be held in your hand and used as resistance against your muscles in order to make them fitter, bigger, or better toned.

I have really cut off fatty foods, eat little, no exercise because I work a lot and stressed up so I feel it will go for the exercise.
I'm afraid you will find it difficult to lose weight without some form of exercise. In fact, the exercise will reduce any stress you may be under.

Please who know about this GNC products.
What is the GNC product called?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
Happy to be back today

Log for today

Breakfast - white bread and lipton tea

Lunch - 1 scotch egg

Dinner - 2 servings rice, fish stew and plantain

Water intake - countless (hot day)

Exercise - 3 sets squats (20,16,20), lunges (2 x 10). 3 mins brisk walk this evening
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Aladunni -

3 mins brisk walking?? Thats like walking to the gate and back!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Aladunni(f): 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
Romeo4real:

@Aladunni -

3 mins brisk walking?? Thats like walking to the gate and back!

lol, you know i actually decided to walk instead of taking a bike to church, and since i broke a sweat and a fast heartbeat, i thot that could also count tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.