Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,665 members, 7,837,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) (19401 Views)

Pictures Of Ongoing Road Construction At Ochefu Road Aba / Photos Of Ongoing Road Construction At Azikiwe Street, Port Hacourt,Rivers State / Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by odogwu125: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
obasiken:

Anya ufu Hahaahahahhaah. What do u know about road construction? All we need in aba is One competent construction company, pay them well and they will design the drainage and use quality material to construct the road. Enugu used Arab contractors and we are using these low quality contractors.

I say it again with good authority that road will fail.
Enugu also use FCC for streets, Arab for major roads. From the pic these are not major roads
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by elosonservices(m): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
what of drainage this road will collapse without it. anything worth doing is worth doing well. tell your governor to include drainage. thanks. i commend his zeal

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by lagdmark(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=minwafor post=41419139]it has the similarities of the road Orji Uzor Kalu built that did not stand the test of time. The quality I am seeing is nothing compared to standard roads except if this is just a palliative measure before the actual road construction starts. Good luck to Abians.[/quote

Noise makers everywhere, even when they live in NY noting is good for dem
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by sonnie10: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is a good development but the only problem is that Aba is a commercial city with commuters using heavily loaded trucks and buses. Any patched work would not withstand such usage.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by igbsam(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
What is this ? The contractor needs to be jailed. I give this road one year and it will fall apart making it worse than before. Where are the drainage? no plan for that ? No plan for water logging ? This is nonsense I tell ya.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by HzRF(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
francondu:
aside owing debt,I thought Osun has a performing governor when it comes to infrastruuture?
Even though I belong to pdp camp but ask any honest apc member

Itz all publicity

He did sum fantastic job Buh at bogus price.
He refuses to pay salaries to both civil servants nd teachers but renovated schools because it's thru that he can siphon our money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by peleson: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:

Now at Umuimo road by UBA, Ashpalt was done on Christmas Day.
ABIA IS MOVING FORWARD>>>
#‎AbiaState‬
#Paytax
This is a good gesture but the roads are not durable, just surfacing with little thickness... .

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by chichriso: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ikpeazu is working while Rochas is decorating

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by missionmex(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
u want d charcol wey u go use press cloth? I know say light no dey ur area but we get light for my domot.
I want even take am cook my popcorn wink
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by DestinyCHILD1: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
@OP, what about Port Harcourt road or is it not part of Aba? PH road needs urgent attention too.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by moshino(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
the quality of the roads look really poor and may not last 15 years, Look at the quality of roads built in Akwa Ibom, those are the road that will stand the test of time.

There's no road anywhere in the world that will last 15 years on its own without maintenance. In USA and Canada roads are maintained yearly. In fact, in Canada, and all east coast USA, they say that they have 2 seasons, 'Winter and Maintenance". Lack of maintenance is what kills all the road and other capital projects in the entire Nigeria. Lets applaud the governor for even building the roads,then fight about the quality later, no other former Abia governor built roads in Aba. Akwa Ibom gets over quadruple money from FGN than Abia. Akwa Ibom actually gets more money from FGN in 6 months than most countries in Africa get in 1 year.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by rugged7(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
STUPID country.**SPITS** angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Pour ashphalt 24 hours before people return from abroad and then claim the "road construction carried out"
Only for the road to spoil in 2 weeks when everybody has returned abroad.
Then you repeat the whole cycle again as u embezzle tax payer's money undecided
I really think Nigeria is cursed angry
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Mekyno(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
the quality of the roads look really poor and may not last 15 years, Look at the quality of roads built in Akwa Ibom, those are the road that will stand the test of time.
Tnk God if e stay pass 3 yrs. I pray so sha. Is d gutter free so dat there won't be water log on the roads?
Wish dem lucks!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by ndukwejoe(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
adenine02:
grin
omg you ve made my day. grin kudos
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Leopardd(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nathokes:
You people should not believe the "substandard" roads and projects this ponponkon comes here to announce. When you come to Aba and Abia you see things for yourself. This guy is an agent of Gov. Ikpeazu. Scan through his profile you'll see he has been announcing this imposed Governor on Abians on nairaland

Idiots everywhere, I came down from Asia to Aba few days ago, and unlike 6 months ago I was in Aba last, most places are under construction.

I took these pictures myself. These are from Aba Owerri road.

Chukazu:

exactly one thing I found out on the roads been done by Ikpeazu, is lacking of proper drainage, and that says alot about his so call PhD

Pple like u want to be mischievous, is that Okezie's trademark of Drainage? Even the recently commissioned Umuola road has this kind of drainage system.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by franklingud(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nice job, but hope they are putting good drainage system there, coz by next summer everything will wash off.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
obasiken:

Anya ufu Hahaahahahhaah. What do u know about road construction? All we need in aba is One competent construction company, pay them well and they will design the drainage and use quality material to construct the road. Enugu used Arab contractors and we are using these low quality contractors.

I say it again with good authority that road will fail.
Change your name to Massey Ferguson because it is a household name more than that of your family. Or better change it to Buhari or Obasanjo both are two times head of state and have achieved more than any body in your villiage. Don't aspire to grow,just depend on already made. Arab contractors my ass. Go to Umudike/ikot ekpene in umuahia road and see the rubbish your arab fathers did there in the name of road.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Leopardd:

Idiots everywhere, I came down from Asia to Aba few days ago, and unlike 6 months ago I was in Aba last, most places are under construction.

I took these pictures myself. These are from Aba Owerri road.

Pple like u want to be mischievous, is that Okezie's trademark of Drainage? Even the recently commissioned Umuola road has this kind of drainage system.
Don't mind the minorities who are pained that the real man is now on throne.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
DestinyCHILD1:
@OP, what about Port Harcourt road or is it not part of Aba? PH road needs urgent attention too.
On a good day,that question should be directed to Buhari cause PH road is a federal road. But no shaking we will crack it soon.

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
peleson:

This is a good gesture but the roads are not durable, just surfacing with little thickness... .
Were you not the one crying wolf the other time? You guys want magician Ikpeazu to do everything at once. I am sorry it doesn't work that way. As for quality,everyone on ground knows the roads are solid with proper drainages.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
elosonservices:
what of drainage this road will collapse without it.
anything worth doing is worth doing well.
tell your governor to include drainage.
thanks.
i commend his zeal
They all have good drainages,some are covered some are open. Go through my topics,I don't recycle pictures
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nathokes:
You people should not believe the "substandard" roads and projects this ponponkon comes here to announce. When you come to Aba and Abia you see things for yourself. This guy is an agent of Gov. Ikpeazu. Scan through his profile you'll see he has been announcing this imposed Governor on Abians on nairaland
Onye mmepera nkita kena gate?
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Nuells: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
Abeg shift with these your picx....go to Tonimas through Umule and u will see the handiwork of those silly contractors....They are patching the Asphat on top of the recent gutters they built which are already falling off....The gutters are full of dirts and water log and yet nothing is being done abt it. We understand they haven't finished but let the small job they've done be fine and standard
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nuells:
Abeg shift with these your picx....go to Tonimas through Umule and u will see the handiwork of those silly contractors....They are patching the Asphat on top of the recent gutters they built which are already falling off....The gutters are full of dirts and water log and yet nothing is being done abt it. We understand they haven't finished but let the small job they've the be fine and standard
Do a poor job,Abia will show you the back door.That's the agreement. Come to think of it why didn't you take their picture if you are so sure of what you're blabing? Gosh,why am I even responding to these plebs who has been in hell since but started making noise when they're about to be rescued?
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
odogwu125:

Enugu also use FCC for streets, Arab for major roads. From the pic these are not major roads
Don't mind him,he lied in one thread about a proposal he and his Italian friends made to the last administration about expanding Abia palm plantation at ukwa.Some called me out on that,since that day I've been searching for the minutes of the said meeting to no avail. Some of them here are pathological liars
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Nuells: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
Do a poor job,Abia will show you the back door.That's the agreement. Come to think of it why didn't you take their picture if you are so sure of what you're blabing? Gosh,why am I even responding to these plebs who has been in hell since but started making noise when they're about to be rescued?
Rescue ke?? Abeg shift jare....Govt should give us standard roads from standard companies and not this patch patch roads they are building.....Moreover, lemme jux advice, the gov'nor or his aides shud ensure the roads built are being swept at least 3times every week to keep the city and its environs clean so that the road won't be envloped with sands which turns out to become muddy and slippery in the rainy season
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Jacko1:
Aba aba aba aba..... Umuahia nko.... Other areas of abia nko ... Is dis man an aba governor or abia governor pls
He's carrying every area along please.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nuells:

Rescue ke?? Abeg shift jare....Govt should give us standard roads from standard companies and not this patch patch roads they are building.....Moreover, lemme jux advice, the gov'nor or his aides shud ensure the roads built are being swept at least 3times every week to keep the city and its environs clean so that the road won't be envloped with sands which turns out to become muddy and slippery in the rainy season
Keep your advice,go and build and sweep your village it is not a must you that you stay in Aba
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by eagleeye2: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
@OP,
please tell them to complete the whole me length of that UBA road behind Afule market. the thing didn't cover up to 2 KM stretch.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Nuells: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
Keep your advice,go and build and sweep your village it is not a must you that you stay in Aba
Do u see why nothing good can come out of Nazareth? It's evident here. Africans mentally... I pray for ur foresight
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nuells:

Do u see why nothing good can come out of Nazareth? It's evident here. Africans mentally... I pray for ur foresight
If you've got one you would have stood on the side of truth, what would it take you to take pictures of contractors messing up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) / "IPOB Kidnapped 2 Of My Cousins Yesterday" - Nnewi Man Cries / Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.