Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,206 members, 7,846,005 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) (19412 Views)

Pictures Of Ongoing Road Construction At Ochefu Road Aba / Photos Of Ongoing Road Construction At Azikiwe Street, Port Hacourt,Rivers State / Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Nuells: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
If you've got one you would have stood on the side of truth, what would it take you to take pictures of contractors messing up?
Am l supposed to do this....Like seriously l thought the Abia govt was serious in handling her projects but now l know better....The gov'nor or works commissioner should have expertise in construction fields who should supervise the road projects daily and guide through the blue print(if any) as was contracted. Not the other way round ok
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
Leopardd:

Idiots everywhere, I came down from Asia to Aba few days ago, and unlike 6 months ago I was in Aba last, most places are under construction.

I took these pictures myself. These are from Aba Owerri road.

Pple like u want to be mischievous, is that Okezie's trademark of Drainage? Even the recently commissioned Umuola road has this kind of drainage system.

The drainage system on Aba-Owerri road is the best in Southeast. Even better than Uyo. Only Rivers State under Amaechi made sure all the drainages were done that way. Other places have open drainages and walkway adjacent.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
the quality of the roads look really poor and may not last 15 years, Look at the quality of roads built in Akwa Ibom, those are the road that will stand the test of time.

15 years? shocked shocked shocked
The life span on the roads I'm seeing on these pictures can not be more than 8 months before visible signs of cracks starts popping up.

This was exactly the same rubbish Orji Kalu was doing when he came on board and the same roads he was then celebrated for constructing started caving in even before he completed his 1st tenure and by the time he was rounding up his 2nd tenure, the much celebrated roads he constructed/rehabilitated metamorphosed into large dams and Olympic size swimming pools which is the same rubbish Rochas did and still doing in Imo.

This Is more like Painting of roads with coal tars which will surely wash off when the rain starts dropping.

Nothing to cheer about here because this is a cosmetic show for the gullible and 99% of Nigerian governors are involve in this act of fooling their endemic fools.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by RareDiamonds: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
My friend shut up if you do not have anything sensible to comment. Development is a collective effort of everybody as government cannot handle everything alone. If the quality of the said road is bad, show us the picture(s) to justify your comments. We should appreciate the current effort being made by Gov Okezie Ikpeazu as the ex governor did nothing in Aba.

Nuells:

Am l supposed to do this....Like seriously l thought the Abia govt was serious in handling her projects but now l know better....The gov'nor or works commissioner should have expertise in construction fields who should supervise the road projects daily and guide through the blue print(if any) as was contracted. Not the other way round ok

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by obasiken: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
Change your name to Massey Ferguson because it is a household name more than that of your family. Or better change it to Buhari or Obasanjo both are two times head of state and have achieved more than any body in your villiage. Don't aspire to grow,just depend on already made. Arab contractors my ass. Go to Umudike/ikot ekpene in umuahia road and see the rubbish your arab fathers did there in the name of road.

What brought about obasanjo and buhari in this talk. Its now obvious u are a local ikpeazu supporter. Pls travel and see what is going on in other parts of nigeria. Arab contractors was an example. There are other good indigenous construction companies. Absg should stop using quack contractors.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by peleson: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
Were you not the one crying wolf the other time? You guys want magician Ikpeazu to do everything at once. I am sorry it doesn't work that way. As for quality,everyone on ground knows the roads are solid with proper drainages.
Ponponkon u know I'm saying the truth no politics at all
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by moreme: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
This is Georges, Iket-Ekpene Road, Ogbor-Hill Aba
rehabilitated with street lights by Gov. Ikpeazu led administration. SUPPORT YOUR GOVERNMENT, PAY YOUR TAX, LET'S JOIN HANDS AND FIX ABA.
#‎Abia‬ #‎State‬
#‎Aba‬

Which of the Ogbor-hill's are you talking about?

Ogbor-hill road is not a single lane road bro, I think you telling lies if you claim the above pic to be Ogbor-hill.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by NaijainTexas: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ponponkon:
Keep your advice,go and build and sweep your village it is not a must you that you stay in Aba

Hi Ponponkon, I hope you're well.
First off, I'd like to thank you for posting all these updates regarding the development in Abia state. I like to see them being that I am not currently at home. I plan to return to Umuahia to get our great State rolling even more. Your passion with Abian posts on Nairaland is not overlooked.

With that said my dear, please please I encourage you to soften your heart when responding to some of our fellow Nairalanders. Do not let their tone, their doubting or insults even rustle your feathers to the point you respond in the way you did above. This is not what the State government encourages, and it's just not kind to suggest our citizens leave by proclaiming 'it is not a must they remain in Aba'.

Biko webilata obi gi. Ewela iwe otu'a.

You are doing PR duties and that is well and all, but remaining calm, courteous and dutiful is a good trademark of a public servant. When I return, let us meet up, I would like to give you an advanced camera to improve your photos as well as some tips and ideas.

Don't worry, I know who you are as my father is one of top 3 men in Abia's ExCo.

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
NaijainTexas:

Hi Ponponkon, I hope you're well.
First off, I'd like to thank you for posting all these updates regarding the development in Abia state. I like to see them being that I am not currently at home. I plan to return to Umuahia to get our great State rolling even more. Your passion with Abian posts on Nairaland is not overlooked.

With that said my dear, please please I encourage you to soften your heart when responding to some of our fellow Nairalanders. Do not let their tone, their doubting or insults even rustle your feathers to the point you respond in the way you did above. This is not what the State government encourages, and it's just not kind to suggest our citizens leave by proclaiming 'it is not a must they remain in Aba'.

Biko webilata obi gi. Ewela iwe otu'a.

You are doing PR duties and that is well and all, but remaining calm, courteous and dutiful is a good trademark of a public servant. When I return, let us meet up, I would like to give you an advanced camera to improve your photos as well as some tips and ideas.

Don't worry, I know who you are as my father is one of top 3 men in Abia's ExCo.

Remain blessed.
Onu iko onu onaghi esicha n'obi mana ikom ma akogwara mere uwa ji ato uto nwanne,even Lia Mohamed na akokwa onu lol
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Xenox(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
The main work lies ahead. Port Harcourt Road, Asa Road, Uratta Road and the likes should also be fixed. More of this.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by okwentency: 12:03am On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=Ponponkon post=41416574]Ongoing rehabilitation along Aba-Owerri road by Rail
#‎FixAba‬
#‎AbiaState‬
#‎PayYourTax‬

Taking advantage of the dry season. After disilting the gutter,the government of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu is now multi-tasking by fixing several roads at a time. By the time his through with these ones that requires maintenance and rehab,the train will fully move to the almighty porthacourt road. As you can see lalasticlala despite shortfall in allocation,Ikpeazu is ready to alleviate our sufferings
Wake me up when your train get to ph road,obohia road,ohanku,uratta,omuma,osusu,faulks,osisioma,eziukwu and others too many to mention.
You can only deceive those who are not in Aba.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by DrinkWater10: 12:50am On Dec 29, 2015
Ponponkon:
We are talking about 7months in power,the salary criers are no longer screaming because they are being well paid now. Fg is yet to initiate any road project since 7 months but fools won't appreciate someone that is doing everything to put their sufferings to an end. Aba is not the only place he is working,go to Dozie way Umuahia,World bank Estate and Agbama.Ikpeazu does not segregate. Abariba,Ohaafia,Isikwuato,Arochukwu are all getting attention. All the Transitional Chairmen were given money to grade the rural road pending when State will move fully to tar them.
Mr Ponponkon its me again, and i come with a handful of questions.
No1,What reward did the Abia stste government give to Enyimba for their recent triumph in the just concluded season?
Are there any government scholarship for indigenes like myself who hope to further their education in ABSU?
Ok let me stop there for now as I await ur prompt response.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by obyrich(m): 5:22am On Dec 29, 2015
Ponponkon:
It is better you have relocated there,please stay there and never come here again. You call yourself an enginier yet you don't know how they rehab and maintain road. Enugu you're talking the whole road was built from scratch by Chime right? Talking rubbish in the name of anya ufu.
Pls don't mind the ingrate. I was in Enugu on Sunday and noticed pot holes on some of the roads built by Chime. Are there not potholes on the Enugu-Portharcourt express road being handled by Arab Contractors? Some people are fixed.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by obyrich(m): 5:30am On Dec 29, 2015
Jacko1:
Aba aba aba aba..... Umuahia nko.... Other areas of abia nko ... Is dis man an aba governor or abia governor pls
Aba was neglected completely by the last administration. With dwindling oil revenues, Aba being the commercial hub of Abia, it is expected that it should be given serious facelift to attract and retain investors. Definitely, all parts of the state will be attended to.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 5:52am On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=okwentency post=41436616][/quote] you see the reason I ignore most of you? Everyone of you want all the roads to be fixed at once as if the governor is God that can use tongue to reet the world.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 6:01am On Dec 29, 2015
obyrich:
Pls don't mind the ingrate. I was in Enugu on Sunday and noticed pot holes on some of the roads built by Chime. Are there not potholes on the Enugu-Portharcourt express road being handled by Arab Contractors? Some people are fixed.
They whole lot of them are finding the voices because they've seen a governor who is ready to work. Just imagine someone who claim to be living in Aba expecting the government to fix all the roads in 7 months as if Chime fixed all the roads in Enugu within 8 years he served as governor
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 6:21am On Dec 29, 2015
DrinkWater10:

Mr Ponponkon its me again, and i come with a handful of questions.
No1,What reward did the Abia stste government give to Enyimba for their recent triumph in the just concluded season?
Are there any government scholarship for indigenes like myself who hope to further their education in ABSU?
Ok let me stop there for now as I await ur prompt response.
Thanks in anticipation.
Mr Drinkwater I like your monica. Yes,every sane government takes education seriously, because, education is God's best gift to man after the gift of life. Like I told you the other day,there's division of labour. The education board in the state are working round the clock with the Governor to come up with best policies that will uplift the standard of education in the state. Note that the governor is not a military dictator,he consults his aides and commissioners too to get their own ideas. I assure you that in the days ahead you will get to see a clear(er) picture of everything.

Enyimba Incentive? Lols,ichoro igbawazi ball maka ihe enyere ndi buru iko?
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by nwadiuko1(m): 7:21am On Dec 29, 2015
Ponponkon:
If you've got one you would have stood on the side of truth, what would it take you to take pictures of contractors messing up?
why are you dignifying these dolts with answers? these are people who swore never to see a good thing happen in Aba in particular and Abia in general.......they want otti.....leave them to see the handwork of God in Abia...

nwanne kem....okuko Toro ghi uto la miri!
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by nwadiuko1(m): 7:29am On Dec 29, 2015
Abagworo:

The drainage system on Aba-Owerri road is the best in Southeast. Even better than Uyo. Only Rivers State under Amaechi made sure all the drainages were done that way. Other places have open drainages and walkway adjacent.
may truth be permanently domiciled in your household
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by kechywillz(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2015
The fact is dat the contractors are very confused set of persons,they build a road from the beginning,stop at d middle,finish it at d end,if u doubt me,come to Umule road in aba and see for urself.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Fourwinds: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2015
Farnsworth:
the quality of the roads look really poor and may not last 15 years, Look at the quality of roads built in Akwa Ibom, those are the road that will stand the test of time.
exactly what I observed..are u saying 15years?? I don't think it will last four years.I.e d life span of d regime

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by obasiken: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2015
obyrich:

Mumu, i mentioned arab because their rate is cheaper than julius berger. Come to abuja let me show you some of their good works. The truth is that no matter what i say yur mentality will never allow you to understand. So continue in yur folly.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ponponkon:
They all have good drainages,some are covered some are open. Go through my topics,I don't recycle pictures
i don't like the quality of work been done on our water pumping stations especially the one in uturu.
Re: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) by DrinkWater10: 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ponponkon:
Mr Drinkwater I like your monica. Yes,every sane government takes education seriously, because, education is God's best gift to man after the gift of life. Like I told you the other day,there's division of labour. The education board in the state are working round the clock with the Governor to come up with best policies that will uplift the standard of education in the state. Note that the governor is not a military dictator,he consults his aides and commissioners too to get their own ideas. I assure you that in the days ahead you will get to see a clear(er) picture of everything.

Enyimba Incentive? Lols,ichoro igbawazi ball maka ihe enyere ndi buru iko?
Lol, not really .But i still dey play Sunday Sunday football o.
To play professional football for this country nor easy at all.
They deserve whatever incentive they get , and more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Rita Daniels Hosts Okowa Appreciation Concert In Asaba / My Candid Take On 2015 - Dele Momodu / Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.