Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? (26618 Views)

Urgent Help Needed. I'm Been Victimised By A Randy Lecturer / Liberia Seeks 6000 Teachers From Nigeria- Liberia President / How Students Receive Lectures At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by nigeriancuban: 5:12am On Dec 30, 2015
tranxcop:
Use Western Union...... although am still wondering what took you to Vietnam of all countries........
oh pls,give the guy a break the only hung I see wrong with Vietnam us their ability and willingness to stand against the USA,which many other small countries never had the guts to do...BTW op I think western union should be ur beat option.

I don't think the country is so poor or backdated that they don't have such there
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by Meelaw(m): 5:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by DBestDoc(f): 5:29am On Dec 30, 2015
Muyiii:
Well...not all banks stopped the full use of their naira ATM abroad. GTB & Zenith bank for instance only limited the amount you can spend per month ($1000 monthly)...with options of POS, Withdraw & Online shopping (foriegn). While Wema bank also did the same but you can only use theirs for POS and online shopping. I'm aware that diamond bank & Standard chartered stopped the full use of their cards.
My dear, don't mind the emails GTB sent to customers. They've stopped the ATM service in the country i am since 2 weeks now.
the only bank that works as i type now is FBN and their charge is unreasonably high...more than 313NGN to 1 USD, no kidding
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by Exxit(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2015
cytellProperty:
Wetin you too dey do for Vietnam of all countries. Benin Republic or Chad would have been better to school.
but you're still in naija. she has hope.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by dalemat: 6:05am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:
I have been a guest for sometime but due to the condition I'm in, I had to register to post this.
I'm student in vietnam and from friday I wouldn't be able to receive money from Nigeria via my naira based ATM card.
Please is there any other way to get around this issue?
cc:lalasticlal.a please move to front page for urgent attention.

I am telling you that bitcoin is your best bet. you can do everything on your system there in vietnam.

1. Purchase bitcoin from a reputable nigeria exchanger(nairaex,instantgold etc. i have used their services b4 recommending). And it is not compulsory you buy 1bitcoin. you can buy fractions of it. e.g 0.1, 0.2 and so on.

2. when the bitcoin arrives your wallet (usually with 10 to 60mins) you can exchange it at any vietnam bitcoin exchanger. I went through the pain to search for this info https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/how-to-buy-bitcoin-in-vietnam
this will work if you have a vietnam bank account. this exchanges have office that you can verify and see things for your self.

Or you can make use of the method i posted earlier.

People are yet to understand that bitcoin is one of if not the fastest, cheapest and stressfree way of sending money anywhere in the world.

With all due respect to WU,MG and other means of money transfer, i can tell you that with bitcoin, you dont really need to stress your self about money transfer.

To prove to you. I am willing to send you some fractions of bitcoin free of charge just for you to see how fast and cheap it is. If you are interested, indicate your interest here on the forum, lets make it open.

No sending of PM
No come and buy one ebook
No call me or text

Everything will be open for everyone to see. feel free to ask your questions free of charge

cheers

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by kamajor: 6:15am On Dec 30, 2015
thru western union
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by marjson(m): 6:18am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:
I have been a guest for sometime but due to the condition I'm in, I had to register to post this.
I'm student in vietnam and from friday I wouldn't be able to receive money from Nigeria via my naira based ATM card.

You can receive money by Western Union from Nigeria. First Bank is the only bank in Nigeria that offer the service.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by mrsharpguy: 6:25am On Dec 30, 2015
dalemat:

I am telling you that bitcoin is your best bet. you can do everything on your system there in vietnam.

1. Purchase bitcoin from a reputable nigeria exchanger(nairaex,instantgold etc. i have used their services b4 recommending). And it is not compulsory you buy 1bitcoin. you can buy fractions of it. e.g 0.1, 0.2 and so on.

2. when the bitcoin arrives your wallet (usually with 10 to 60mins) you can exchange it at any vietnam bitcoin exchanger. I went through the pain to search for this info https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/how-to-buy-bitcoin-in-vietnam
this will work if you have a vietnam bank account. this exchanges have office that you can verify and see things for your self.

People are yet to understand that bitcoin is one of if not the fastest, cheapest and stressfree way of sending money anywhere in the world.

With all due respect to WU,MG and other means of money transfer, i can tell you that with bitcoin, you dont really need to stress your self about money transfer.

To prove to you. I am willing to send you some fractions of bitcoin free of charge just for you to see how fast and cheap it is. If you are interested, indicate your interest here on the forum, lets make it open.

No sending of PM
No call me or text

Everything will be open for everyone to see. feel free to ask your questions free of charge

cheers

dude, am really interested in dis "ur" bitcoin. can u send some fractions to m and also expanciate more on how t s operated
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by shevon: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2015
Open a PayPal account, link and verify your Cyprus bank account to it. Get your folks to transfer fund to you via PayPal and then transfer from your PayPal to your bank account.
I've sent money a number of times to a friend in Canada that way and it works always.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by sammyjay7265(m): 6:41am On Dec 30, 2015
You can send me a pm too I need to knw abt vietnam..as I have plans to do my msc dere..
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by yhemsy62(m): 6:44am On Dec 30, 2015
dalemat:
what do you want to know? Feel free to ask your question(s)
want to know about bitcoin, what it's all about, how to get it and how it works
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by fineyemi(m): 6:47am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:
I bliv d best option is for u to open a paypal account dere in vietnam and den link it it to ur vietnam bank account. Tel ur parent to do same. Dey shud open a nigeria paypal account and link it to dere nigeria account. U shud b able to receive ur money by paypal.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2015
tranxcop:
Use Western Union...... although am still wondering what took you to Vietnam of all countries........
Thanks I'll try that too. Btw Vietnam is quite good at IT related courses, esp software engineering.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:04am On Dec 30, 2015
fineyemi:
I bliv d best option is for u to open a paypal account dere in vietnam and den link it it to ur vietnam bank account. Tel ur parent to do same. Dey shud open a nigeria paypal account and link it to dere nigeria account. U shud b able to receive ur money by paypal.
That's very helpful. Thanks too
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 30, 2015
dalemat:

No sending of PM
No call me or text

cheers

I'm interested in knowing more bro,but how will people back home send the money to you,will they need to open a bit coin account?
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:08am On Dec 30, 2015
dalemat:

No sending of PM
No call me or text

cheers

I'd love to know more abt it
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:
Try PayPal
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:

Please ignore him

I am 99% certain that Bitcoin is illegal in Vietnam. Also, you can't use for your day to day transactions. It is better left for the conspiracy theorists and underground criminals.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by dalemat: 7:18am On Dec 30, 2015
mrsharpguy:

dude, am really interested in dis "ur" bitcoin. can u send some fractions to m and also expanciate more on how t s operated

Thank you sir for your interest. The free fraction of bitcoin i want to send is meant to educate the OP and others about its usefulness and how it can facilitate money transfer and cushion the effect of worrying about means of receieving money in vietnam and other countries in the world.

I will try to explain in a way people can understand.

1. Imagine you want to send an email with a file attachment to someone in china, iceland, usa, uk, guatamala, india, kuwait, lebanon, iraq, iran, turkey infact anywhere in the world. is it possible? the answer is yes right? all you need is 2 email address(your own and the recipents) after typing your message and attaching your file you hit send and within 10 mins the person receives it.

2 Now look at bitcoin that way. in this case the email and attachement(BITCOIN) you are sending as a "VALUE" that is generally accepted all over the world that you can exchange for any of the countries fiat currency( usd, eur, gbp,naira, cefas, rupee, rouble any currency you can think of )

i hope you understand now

cheers
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:18am On Dec 30, 2015
chisco82:
@mzoracle
We have a lot of Nigerians businessmen there, just meet them and collect money from them over there while your family back home pay into their account.
grin you want mk person swear for my generation
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:22am On Dec 30, 2015
saasala:

You open a paypal account, tell parent to open one too, they send money into your paypal directly from their bank, you withdraw through your bank too in Vietnam, wait, Vietnam? what the heck you doing in Vietnam... Shikenna
Lol. Studying ooo
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Rhea:

Vietnam? Which city? I have a network of keke napeps plying the streets on Ho Chi Minh city. I can ask one of my keke drivers to lend you some money
Hanoi o but i can fly to ho chi minh whenever i need money, provided you'll dash me wink
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2015
tzoracle:
Mzoracle

And I told them someone has been stalking me

Uncle lalasticlala come help am o

#edited
I forgot to ask..
Which party did u vote angry lipsrsealed
Fortunately i was in school during elections tongue
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

those fresh lips of yours needs a good, fresh , hot d1ck

Really niggur?
Abeg swerve joor

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MzOracle(f): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2015
DonUjay:
Shey school Don finish for Nigeria wey you go dey school for Vietnam undecided
Gimme a school in Nigeria with a teacher:student ratio of 1:25 and teaches programming to its fullest. I just might consider coming back home

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by linearity: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2015
dovelike:
Vietnam Woa. Anyways, open a bank account there and ask them to connect with your bank in Nigeria. I think funds can be transfered easily through banks

I don't you can transfer money out of your Nigeria account to a foreign account, unless you are a bid time merchant or business man.

I hate to recommend this, but it appear that, given the current situation in Nigeria, electronic currency might be a way around it.

Open a foreign account as instructed, goto
wwww.perfectmoney.is or other situ table electronic currency exchanges (also make sure that exchange is not restricted in your country) and open an account, from perfect money site, you can see a list of brokers they deal with in each country they are not restricted in...pick any from 9ja, contact them and do your due diligence, some will accept a transfer from your 9ja account to them or you can visit their office, they will then fund your perfect money account, you can then do a wire from perfect money to your foreign bank account.

Perfect money also now have prepaid cards with which to fund your account.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by whizfache(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2015
pls i wana school there pls can i get little information about d school fees n rest includidng flight money..thanks n God bless
MzOracle:
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by dalemat: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:

Ok thank you for your interest. to start you will need a bitcoin address and wallet. see the bitcoin wallet the way you see a bank and your bitcoin address the way you see your bank account number.(it is usually alphanumeric).

Dont worry on how to get a bitcoin address and wallet. there are many online wallets,exchangers and trading platforms that offer it free of charge.

for the purpose of educating you well, we shall make use of a trading platform called https://btc-e.com/. i have an account with them, so go ahead and register with them. it takes about 5 to 10 mins. it is free.when you are done opening the account i will now walk you through step by step.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MrCEO69(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:

Due to the rising fraud incidences on payment cards abroad, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed that all payment cards issued by Nigerian Banks should be restricted in non-EuroPay Master and Visa (EMV) compliant countries including USA and all Asian Pacific countries (terminals that do not support chip andPIN authentication).

In line with this new directive and as part of our commitment to protect your card against unauthorized withdrawals, we have placed a restriction on the usage of your card in these countries. If you are travelling to any of the concerned countries and intend to use your card, kindly follow these steps:

Notify us by sending an email to diamondvisacard@diamondbank.com or call our 24 hour Contact Centre (0700-300-0000)to lift the restriction on your card.
The email should include: the country/countries you are visiting, masked card number (xxxxxxxxxxxx4152), account number and length of stay.
For enquiries, please call our 24 hour Contact Centre on 0700-300-0000, send SMS to 30811 or email enquiries@diamondbank.com

these is from diamond bank, but try sending to ur bank an email stating the above to lift the ban on ur card, maybe they will do it for u.
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by smartdebiz(m): 7:49am On Dec 30, 2015
MzOracle:
Bitcoin is the solution
Re: Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria? by MrCEO69(m): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2015
Am going to my bank ASPA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting / Sex For Grades: BBC Set To Expose More Nigerian Lecturers / How To Check JAMB Re-assignment Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.