Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know (6330 Views)

Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed / 13 Things You Should Know How To Do Before You Go To Higher Institution / Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Gidoka(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Babacele: 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
20pounds:
Very very very educating! Honestly, I didn't know these facts till now.

That of smell though; my bunk mate in secondary school had this evil smellinng fart that he dishes out at night. I guess his defies nature cos it used to wake me up then. I start by dreaming that something was smelling and the stench tends to choke me. I would then wake up and behold the smell in its full potency. Chai! I pity the woman he is married to now.
hahahahaha.......lols . ....me too disagree with d fact that you do not smell when you sleep cos from personal experiences on many occasion in d past I know you do smell while sleeping.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Toad in supermario has been flashing his middle finger at us all this while, and we didn't even have a clue....

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
it was simple and educative. it was simple and educative. it was simple and educative.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Mcbussy(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wtf!!! shocked.... Fact no. 10: So I wasted d first decade and half of my life saving that ungrateful Toad in Super Mario. undecided
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by RVBC: 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
oluchiejike:
wow... such thread made me join nairaland... nice post.
am new here guys... av always been a guest. buh am a member.

Okay
Welcome to nairaland forum!
We are one here!
We don't get angry easily here.
Sarcasm is the other of the day here!

So you're new and annoucing it, you want us to fry dodo for you

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by whitecloth: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
gemale:
because it's a gaseous compound nt solid.
You're right bro, my mind didn't even go there, thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by whitecloth: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
oluchiejike:
Wow! first time I'll be seeing a real new comer for NL, welcome. on behalf of the intellectual community of NL I nearby welcome you into the biggest online family in Nigeria.
God bless you stay.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Fraih(f): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
Really! !!
Task for tomorrow
1.. Peeling of onion while chewing gum to so i wont wash my eyes with water
2. Cutting of tangarine the newly discovered way cheesy

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by odussa: 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice one
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Creamish(f): 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice. Knew a few tho but its an interesting read.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by bajeen(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
Informative post. But fungi can also be pronounced as 'fun-guy'

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by SporaD8: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
The first time I saw that word "fungi" I actually pronounced it "fun-gy" but my teacher be like, "Fun-gi koo, fun-gbati ni."
Mr. Apotishile, if u reading these, you no try at all for the nonsense you taught me o!

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
gemale:

That's not the reason, bro. Even the cloud is gaseous and still casts shadows.

The reason is simply that fire emanates light on its own and therefore cannot cast shadows (partial obstruction of light).
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by adexdon(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
too gbaskiii
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
oluchiejike:
congratulations newbie
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
bajeen:

Informative post. But fungi can also be pronounced as 'fun-guy'

Where did you see fun-guy in that your post?

The two transcriptions you saw there only suggest that the "g" in the word in question could be pronounced like the "g" in "giant" or the "g" in "gate". None of them says fun-gay (/f^ngai/) is acceptable.

Obviously, you're taking phonemic transcriptions to be same as the letters of the alphabet.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
Abuskidonline:

it was simple and educative. it was simple and educative. it was simple and educative.

What happened? undecided
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Aceed: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
gemale:

fire is not gaseous at all at all whether na gaseous compound, atom or molecule anyhow you wan put am it doesnt have any relation to gas
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by ameer2: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ah swear dt no. 8 na lie..
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by gemale(m): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
[quote author=BornSad post=41498869]

That's not the reason, bro. Even the cloud is gaseous and still casts shadows.

The reason is simply that fire emanates light on its own and therefore cannot cast shadows (partial obstruction of light).[
/quote]
Tnx 4 d enlightenment. No one (especially me) knows it all. As long as we live, we learn

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by gemale(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Aceed:

fire is not gaseous at all at all whether na gaseous compound, atom or molecule anyhow you wan put am it doesnt have any relation to gas
Fire flames r composed of CO2,O2,nitrogen & H2O vapor & u say it's nt gaseous? Oya wt is it? Solid? Liquid? Tell me.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
gemale:
Ori ee correct gan !
Hope you understood that shaa.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by gemale(m): 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
BornSad:

Ori ee correct gan !

Hope you understood that shaa.
Of cos I do. It's a light source so it can't occlude wt it produces.
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Sammypedro18(m): 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is so enlightening!!! Never knew 90% of dem
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
gemale:
Of cos I do. It's a light source so it can't occlude wt it produces.
I was actually asking if you understood my poor yoruba... Hehe...
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by braintext(m): 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice ..... Didn't know any of them
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Stefanelle(f): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
No 6 and 11 tho
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by Truepee(m): 12:11am On Dec 31, 2015
fp
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by abimbawealth(f): 12:40am On Dec 31, 2015
Woah!!! Fascinating
Re: 13 Things You Won't Believe You Didn't Know by kayalla(f): 2:12am On Dec 31, 2015
nice write up,

but i doubt the (8. You can't smell while you're sleeping

So it wasn't the smell of the fart that woke you up. It was probably the sound.

Credit: David Cruickshanks / Mirror...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Direct Admission For Nurses Into University Of Ibadan / Master's Degree In Canada / How Much Is Uniben's Skul Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.