Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. (8259 Views)

NPC Cypher: Compassion / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by charleymed(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
bastien:
Booked
Yes
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by E383: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
joseph1832:
Instead of booking, drop something... Lol.

I am still thinking.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by 6deep: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
The end of the first half.
Of the second decade.
Of the second millennium.
Of things.

T'was a year of errors.
The mini and pockets of joy...
emanated from flaws, from within...
Such, we hold dear to really dig the year.

The one before the Monkey year..
One that galloped in wits.
Over 18 scores of doses of sagacity.
The one that taught subtlety for the coming of times.

Have you heard?
Next year holds challenges.
Next year holds competitions.
In the realm of mankind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by rudepen(m): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Yo cant believe ah missed out on this... Lol.. Happy new year in Advance y'all.... #jews

1 Like

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by barrysome001: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Without you there's no me.
All you did for me were done for free.
The blessings outweighs my worries.
My testimonies suddenly became too large for 7 lorries.

Without you Jah,I am nothing.
You took me from the dung and made me something.
The one time hopeless me
you transformed into a blossom tree.

Even if I rent a billion tongues
and sing a zillion songs,
it won't be enough to start the praise,
of you the ancient of days.

The Sun in my winter,
The light in my darkness,
The fountain of my river,
The lipid in my fatness.

Without you Alpha,
I wouldn't have made it this far.
So I call on Uriel and Gabriel,
to join me and praise the Omega that safely brought me to Peniel.

Thank you for the challenges and tests.
Thank you for my victories and bests.
Thank you for the wine and chin-chin.
Thank you for the next and this 2015.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Amokwe(m): 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
Farewell 2015

Three hundred and fifty six days in a spray
Sparkling in flakes of colorful fireworks
Leaving us choices of colours of our heart desires
Our path to unlimited fun, intermingled with tears...
Such comes our activities every month, day and hours of the year, that is now tickling in minutes and seconds.

We counted from the first!,
Leaving no day behind, no hour, minute or seconds missing.
We counted it all, and before us is the score card...
What have we achieved?

Now the year gasp, as it breathes its last...the counting never stops
Farewell intriguing 2015,
Welcome fascinating 2016

@ Amokwe, 2015

1 Like

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by aoyih(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
FAREWELL 2015...

Farewell 2015, God Bless You
Good years pass in a wink
The cup is broken before you finish a drink
The bad ones each day, a hell, an inferno
Sheepishly creeping in, you made tall promises Peace, tranquility, harmony,
End of conflict, strife and poverty, Rule of Law, good governance,
redeeming of grievances

Your promises fell by the way side
The high and mighty you served
Like your predecessors You reincarnated Hitler, Mussolini and Caesars
Humbleness vanished, ruled arrogance and pride
To Syria & Iraq you gifted ISIS
In Afghanistan and Pakistan you created crisis
Nigeria and Camoroon the cruel hands of death were let loose
For the afflicted, anguish and pain you choose

You were a silent spectator to Israel’s atrocities
Like Nero you fiddled when Nigeria burnt
The cries & wailings of Nigerian women & children fell on deaf ears; didn't
melt your hardened heart
You unleashed sufferings to Nigerians in Borno
You saw the kidnap of school children in Chibok
You sat and observed the wickedness of BH And kept alive our corrupt
leaders in Nigeria

Which good deed will you boast about
It is best for you now quietly to slip out
And allow me to welcome two thousand and sixteen
See the seed of New Year’s dawn sprout
With radiant shine & glow of hope on its face
The new year may as well enter the race
May through Almighty's sublime grace
The conflicts & sufferings to leave no trace

Exit 2015, enter 2016
May tomorrow promise a life tranquil and serene

2 Likes

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by barrysome001: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

I give this 3 over 10
thanks judge
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
my impatient attitude has brought me this far, despite my redundancy!

Times fly like air, it twinkle like a finish bulb, yet moment of hard times still come and go. No matter what, angels still watch on me.

The event of yesterday cannot be same for today, the numbers of people you see on daily basis will not be regular. only the eyes can direct us!

Despite all odds and challenges, the breath of life hasn't been taken. am representing my entire family to Say thank You to the God of possibilities!

The Great God of the day we were form to the present age, We say thank you for our comfort and discomfort, for our pleasures and sorrows, for our isolation and happiness, for our lust and forgiveness. The God of love, let you reign now and forever! Amen
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by yuzjet(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
THANKSGIVING

Oh God! I'm sorry if i've failed u since January
All thanks to U now that i'm not in Mortuary
Many wished to still be living just like me
Thanks to God who favoured me perfectly
Here's my Thanksgiving.....

B'Haram striked lives for fun,
Many became homeless cos of guns,
Still, here i am not on the run,
No choice than to thank U Lord for fun.
Here's my Thanksgiving.....

Happy New Year!!!

BIG UP to all Poets, Long Live NPC!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by desmondDessi(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Happy New Year in Advance.

I Love you guys.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
can I post mine? ...
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by emaculate99: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
darkenedrebel:
can I post mine? ...
sure
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:
The sky will darken again tonight
Sending the frail wind shierking
Shivers of expectations looming
For tomorrow is ever so near .

But tomorrow is not just tomorrow .
Is a new path untertered
Like the first blush of spring
The opening of a pink petal ,
Of hopes and dreams unrealised .

We have trudged tirelessly
Encounterd different obstacles
Our hope in jeopardy .
Our tears ever so fresh..

But tomorrow is not just tomorrow
Is the reawakening of dreams .
The restoration of faith
The sound of a new beginning.

For we have fought the good fight .
We have stepped on torns .
We have battled our demons .
And yes we still live .
To awaken our tears filled eyes .
To the bright light of a new beginning.
We welcome you 2016"

Can you see the one who told another person to stop writing poetry because he didn't write a sonnet or an ode?

When I saw you trying to critique other people's works in your rude and arrogance-filled style, I thought you would be able to write poetry without flaws. You're a big joke! You don't even know how to punctuate correctly.

You can't spell shrieking correctly.

You can't even spell encountered correctly.

You don't even know how to spell thorns.

You can't spell untattered correctly.

You can't spell tear-filled without error.

You don't even know when to use the comma or the full stop, or where to even place them.

You've been jumping around all day and you don't even know the difference between 'is' and 'it is'.

I'd severely punish my 12 year old brother for these mistakes. You should just stop trying to write poetry already. You won't get anywhere for all great poets were known with the most extreme of humility. You're an embarrassment to poetry and all the poets of the world; the living and the dead of them, if this is all you can offer. I can already see Robert Frost covering his face in shame for this balderdash you just posted.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
darkenedrebel:
can I post mine? ...

Hi Rebel! Yes, definitely you can.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Qaisar1: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
MuhdG:
I'm not hating or anything like that. But i think the Nairaland rap section 2015 cypher should also be on frontpage
Cc
Seun Lalasticlala
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Qaisar1: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:
The sky will darken again tonight Sending the frail wind shierking Shivers of expectations looming For tomorrow is ever so near .
But tomorrow is not just tomorrow . Is a new path untertered Like the first blush of spring The opening of a pink petal , Of hopes and dreams unrealised .
We have trudged tirelessly Encounterd different obstacles Our hope in jeopardy . Our tears ever so fresh..
But tomorrow is not just tomorrow Is the reawakening of dreams . The restoration of faith The sound of a new beginning.
For we have fought the good fight . We have stepped on torns . We have battled our demons . And yes we still live . To awaken our tears filled eyes . To the bright light of a new beginning. We welcome you 2016"
This won't make my bin.

1 Like

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
Qaisar1:

This won't make my bin.

Sincerely, I expected to mistake him for Rupert Brooke or Robert Frost if he ever put pen to paper. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
darkenedrebel:
can I post mine? ...

Happy new year smiley

Thank you for 2015 wink
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by E383: 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

Can you see the one who told another person to stop writing poetry because he didn't write a sonnet or an ode?

When I saw you trying to critique other people's works in your rude way, I thought you would be able to write poetry without flaws. You're a big joke! You don't even know how to punctuate correctly.

You don't even know when to use the comma or the full stop, or where to even place them.

You've been jumping around all day and you don't even know the difference between 'is' and 'it is'.

I'd severely punish my 12 year old brother for these mistakes. You should just stop trying to write poetry already. You won't get anywhere for all great poets were known with the most extreme of humility. You're an embarrassment to poetry and all the poets of the world; the living and the dead of them, if this is all you can offer. I can already see Robert Frost covering his face in shame for this balderdash you just posted.

llakorn you are wicked! Lmao!
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

When I saw you trying to critique other people's works in your rude way, I thought you would be able to write poetry without flaws. You're a big joke! You don't even know how to punctuate correctly.

undecided shocking... right

Happy New Year to You & Yours. smiley

1 Like

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by GIYAZZ(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
Can I spit?
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
E383:

llakorn you are wicked! Lmao!

I? sad

1 Like

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Can I spit?

Come on, do it bro!
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by joseph1832(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

When I saw you trying to critique other people's works in your rude and arrogance-filled style, I thought you would be able to write poetry without flaws. You're a big joke! You don't even know how to punctuate correctly.

Dude take it easy na. The dude is a troll. He would have done better not even attempting to write that mess up there. Lol.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nubian113:

undecided shocking... right

Happy New Year to You & Yours. smiley

More than shocking! Happy new to you too, Nubian. Who are You and Yours? grin
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by saintTim(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
J was stressful she never gave up the struggle
F took on the struggle I admire her guts
M took in, she prays its a baby boy
A she felt like a fool, talking to an unborn baby
M she accepted a gift they called it change
J was smart smooth and successful

J followed her twin brother`s foot step
A was wet as usual,romantic wit a dusty air
S oohh the baby is kicking
O it getting dry , get my jacket ready she said
N it cold , could you please make me a coffee?
D it a baby boy shouted the midwife.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by lyricalpontiff(m): 4:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Someone should officially invite me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Memorable Collaborated Poems By Nairaland Poets 2014 - NPC / Excercise In Exorcism / This Is For Dat Texas Girl : 2fine4u (2nd Entry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.