Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? (2081 Views)

Would You Stop Having Sex Forever If Given 300billion Naira?? / I Could Kill Her With Fvck If Given The Opportunity!(photo) / I Make Over A Hundred Thousand Dollars But He Wont Marry Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by bolagabriella: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
Decker:

So if you are given 100,000 you would gladly give 10% of it to a pastor all in the name of tithe? Meaning if you were given 1 million you would give 100,000 to a pastor?

Wow, I am amazed.
u re getting it all wrong...u shouldn't care about where the money is going or who is gonns use it buh all about you obeying God according to the book of malachi 3:8&9
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
D 100k sad d thing small naw cry make it 2billa grin
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by terminatorrrr: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
Monalisa185:

hmmmmmm...she must have typed something that drained your bone marrow....P ..buh a word of advice for you tho....this is a faceless forum... you can't go about taking everything someone types here so personal.....like really.....you can't compare one's attitude in real life with her social life...some people just come here to have fun and go about their normal lives in reality...

bottom line: the earlier you stopped taking things too personal here, the better for you....#justsayingtho

grin grin; It's not even about me, I've noticed that the she-goat a.ka. quiinnbee always makes derogatory comments at people and uses strong, offensive words unnecessarily. I was only giving her a taste of her own medicine. But I think I'm done with thatgrin

I know this is a faceless forum and all but u can actually get an idea of a person's true nature from the way they interact with people on here. #justsaying tongue

Ok. Now take ur NOSE out of my business or do u want me to throw it away?? LOL. Happy new year! grin
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
bolagabriella:

u re getting it all wrong...u shouldn't care about where the money is going or who is gonns use it buh all about you obeying God according to the book of malachi 3:8&9

You are the one who is getting it all wrong here.
Look, in this time and age where money is hard to come by, I will definitely care where the 10% of my sweat and energy is going to.

The verse of the scripture you quoted says "Bring in all your tithes into the store house that there may be food in my house"
Now look closely at the bolded ~ "Store house" and "food"

What does this tell you? If you haven't figured it out yet, let me explain to you. The tithe was initially the one tenth of the seed and fruit of the Israelites which God instructed them to offer unto him as a burnt offering in Lev 27: 30-32.

Now, after the death of Jesus and the commencement of the early church, Christians were instructed to bring in 1/10 of their produce into the store house of God. The book of Malachi that you quoted never said anything about money. Let's even leave the money part aside for now.

Now back to the bolded words in the above paragraph; note that the verse rightly said store house and food? What was actually the essence of the store house and what's the relation with the tithing? I will tell you. The store house was where the food stuff and offerings that people offered to the Lord as tithe were kept, and it was used to feed the poor, the Orphans, Levites, Widows and strangers. That was the essence of tithing, and it still is, but your pastors don't tell you this, do they?

But what do we have today, we see Pastors who drain the church members of the 1/10 of their salaries and hard work and they pocket everything. While the members are struggling to eat and survive, these so called men of God live in luxury and extravagance, buying cars and eating like kings.

Was this God's reason for asking us to pay tithes? To fill the bellies and pockets of his so called servants? Hell No!

Instead of me to give tithes to any church or pastor, I will rather offer that 10% to charity.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by bolagabriella: 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
Decker:

You are the one who is getting it all wrong here.
Look, in this time and age where money is hard to come by, I will definitely care where the 10% of my sweat and energy is going to.

The verse of the scripture you quoted says "Bring in all your tithes into the store house that there may be food in my house"
Now look closely at the bolded ~ "Store house" and "food"

What does this tell you? If you haven't figured it out yet, let me explain to you. The tithe was initially the one tenth of the seed and fruit of the Israelites which God instructed them to offer unto him as a burnt offering in Lev 27: 30-32.

Now, after the death of Jesus and the commencement of the early church, Christians were instructed to bring in 1/10 of their produce into the store house of God. The book of Malachi that you quoted never said anything about money. Let's even leave the money part aside for now.

Now back to the bolded words in the above paragraph; note that the verse rightly said store house and food? What was actually the essence of the store house and what's the relation with the tithing? I will tell you. The store house was where the food stuff and offerings that people offered to the Lord as tithe were kept, and it was used to feed the poor, the Orphans, Levites, Widows and strangers. That was the essence of tithing, and it still is, but your pastors don't tell you this, do they?

But what do we have today, we see Pastors who drain the church members of the 1/10 of their salaries and hard work and they pocket everything. While the members are struggling to eat and survive, these so called men of God live in luxury and extravagance, buying cars and eating like kings.

Was this God's reason for asking us to pay tithes? To fill the bellies and pockets of his so called servants? Hell No!

Instead of me to give tithes to any church or pastor, I will rather offer that 10% to charity.
i need not argue with you cos it seem you got it all figured out the way it best suit you or the way you want to understand it. may God forgive & help us all
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
prettythicksme:
D 100k sad d thing small naw cry make it 2billa grin
rawpadgin:
small money

Even if the money is small, the question is what will you do with it, abi u will throway it n undecided
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by ladypinkky(f): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
After paying my 10% to God,the remaining 90% I will immediately order goods for selling.
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by captainking(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Everything goes to my wardrobe... New suits... Shoes.. Everything... Goes corporate
Re: What Will You Do With A Hundred Thousand Naira If Given Now? by Monalisa185(f): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
terminatorrrr:

grin grin; It's not even about me, I've noticed that the she-goat a.ka. quiinnbee always makes derogatory comments at people and uses strong, offensive words unnecessarily. I was only giving her a taste of her own medicine. But I think I'm done with thatgrin

I know this is a faceless forum and all but u can actually get an idea of a person's true nature from the way they interact with people on here. #justsaying tongue

Ok. Now take ur NOSE out of my business or do u want me to throw it away?? LOL. Happy new year! grin

hehehehe, I took my nose outta your business immediately I submitted my post...it's very dear to me tongue happy new year

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Female Friend / Will You Do Your Honeymoon In A Unclad Beach? It Is Here In Africa !! / Did Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife Have Premarital Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.