Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. (2532 Views)

Man Fights Wife For Not Using Vibrator After He Traveled Abroad / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad / A Friends Wife Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by budusky05(m): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2015
I just got to know form my friend that his wife left with his kids since on the 26/12/15 to see her dad who resides in the same city, and she told him its just a nite and she will be back the next day, he said OK. After 4 days his wife's father called him and told him that he needed to get gifts for the kids thats why they were still with him. Its now 7 days past not even a word from his wife to explain why they still out there, not to mention asking him how he is coping with life, even after he sent her money just in case they might need more cash, she could not call him back to say thank you. That got him worried so he decides to visit the in-laws house only to find out they traveled to her dads village for over 6 days now.
He is threatening to quit the marriage, he complained lot of things that's been going on in his home to , I hv tried to calm him down ever since. Even asked him to call his wife and find out if all is well with her, his planing on going to see his parents nd I know that will worsen things cus his parents will flame up things too, in as much as I don't support his wife action I told him heating up things won't be helpful at this stage . dont know if any one has a better suggestion
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 31, 2015
You have said that they have issues in their marriage so maybe some time apart will help them. Sometimes it is good to take a break and look at things from a distance. They may also begin to miss each other and re-learn to appreciate what they have. Tell your friend to relax a little bit while she is staying with her father. No drama.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Cutehector(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2015
Odiegwu
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by RockMaxi: 11:12am On Dec 31, 2015

Your friend's cross for now. He should ask for divine wisdom but above all he is the father of those children and not his father-in-law.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2015
First talk to his wife before he escalates the matter.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by nicerod(m): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2015
Mayb he's nt d real fada of those kids
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by bennyrazz: 11:29am On Dec 31, 2015
I really don't know the kind of spirits controlling women these days. You left your husband's house to travel with your Dad to the village without informing your own husband? you lied to him, you deceived him, is that not being selfish? And the Father in law that is meant to know better due to old age is an accomplice in this crime. Really this is pathetic. I really don't know where some men get all this kind of women to marry. This is how women give the devil the chance in their marriages, later they will start blaming the man of their own doing @op, tell your friend, it is cross, let him carry it. Let him take it to the Lord in prayers for direction on how to stop this from happening again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by babythug(f): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2015
There are obviously some unresolved issues in the marriage. Husband needs to be patient till the wife and her family communicate to him. Truth is she may have exited the marriage without communicating this to him directly.

It was wrong of her to take such a step without at least informing him, but as it is no choice than to wait till we hear from her.

Do keep us posted!

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by amtaken(f): 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
Some husbands treat their wives like rags nowadays.

That hardens the women's hearts and make them to act up.

Most Nigerian women are only enduring their marriages for their children's sakes.

Nigerian men repent!

Stop bringing out the worst in your wives/women!

NB: quote me and automatically turn to a woman!

Hahahahaha!

#Notathreat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Acidosis(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Mindfulness:
You have said that they have issues in their marriage so maybe some time apart will help them. Sometimes it is good to take a break and look at things from a distance. They may also begin to miss each other and re-learn to appreciate what they have. Tell your friend to relax a little bit while she is staying with her father. No drama.

But this should be done with the consent of both parties, don't you think?

What kind of break would make a husband turn to a wanderer who has no clue what his wife is up to?

Fathers should also learn to do things properly without deception.

The man should be very careful, you can never trust such a family. He should be prayerful and strive to find out what his in-laws are up to.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by cococandy(f): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na wa. Anyway he shouldn't do anything rash to further escalate the matter until she offers a good explanation for what happened to delay them.

Doesn't he know the village? He should go there and find them.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
Lucky man. Alone on New Year's Eve.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by budusky05(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Its really getting worse than we know right now, am out nd don't want to be involved anymore.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
budusky05:
Its really getting worse than we know right now, am out nd don't want to be involved anymore.
update us bro
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by kentzz(f): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
amtaken:

Most Nigerian women are only enduring their marriages for their children's sakes.

Nigerian men repent!

Hahahahaha!

#Notathreat.

Ure v r y corekt. agri wif u

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by amtaken(f): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Akey.
kentzz:

Ure v r y corekt. agri wif u
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by iykedare(m): 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
Timbuktou:
Lucky man. Alone on New Year's Eve.

Lol.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Haywhymido(m): 7:16am On Jan 01, 2016
Do either of these: Ignore dem all, but when ur wife come back get it stuck into her head dat u r d man of house, nt her or her father. OR travel down to where they r n get ur kids. Bring dem back home with u. Nonsense,separating a family during dis period of the year. Disrespectful wife frm an irresponsible family.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Haywhymido(m): 7:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

Take a break? No problem.
But take a break with the children with u(wife), when they shd be in the our house? No, if buhari wont be able to stop me frm getting dem frm their family house. Dat may be happening in the whites land, it doesnt work here in africa
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 01, 2016
amtaken:

Nigerian men repent!

Hahahahaha!

#Notathreat.
I would have said that U made an Impressive statement.
But, the Problem I have with You, LADIES is that, 97% of you are perpetually CONFUSED.
So, we are yet to understand how to treat,u, ladies.
Some cherish to be scolded and beaten up.
Some cherish to be yelled at.
Pls, maintain a status quo, so that we can start Treating u, ladies the way u want.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Totally wrong.

Even if the woman thought so,the father shouldn't have allowed her go.

So many endurance in marriage.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by EfemenaXY: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2016
I have an issue with the word "consent". The favourite word of a very controlling person.

Is his wife a child? Or a piece of property to him??

budusky05:
I just got to know form my friend that his wife left with his kids since on the 26/12/15 to see her dad who resides in the same city, and she told him its just a nite and she will be back the next day, he said OK. After 4 days his wife's father called him and told him that he needed to get gifts for the kids thats why they were still with him. Its now 7 days past not even a word from his wife to explain why they still out there, not to mention asking him how he is coping with life, even after he sent her money just in case they might need more cash, she could not call him back to say thank you. That got him worried so he decides to visit the in-laws house only to find out they traveled to her dads village for over 6 days now.

Day 1...day 4...day 7...in this day and age. Hasn't your friend heard of a device called mobile phone? A quick call to find out what's going on wouldn't kill him. If he really was that concerned about their whereabout, he would have picked up that phone - rather than stewing, and steaming or doing "first to call".

He is threatening to quit the marriage,

Mtcheew.

Of course, divorce - the solution to everything. The substitute to plain old communication. This is what you get when little boys dabble in men's games.

@op: is your friend a violent person? Because going by what you've posted, your friend is throwing a hissy fit for not getting his way.

he complained lot of things that's been going on in his home to , I hv tried to calm him down ever since. Even asked him to call his wife and find out if all is well with her,

Good advice.

Re: the bolded - that should have been the first and natural thing to do, rather than threatening divorce at the drop of a hat. Why did you have to spell it out to him?

his planing on going to see his parents nd I know that will worsen things cus his parents will flame up things too, in as much as I don't support his wife action I told him heating up things won't be helpful at this stage . dont know if any one has a better suggestion

I'm sorry but it's either you aren't giving us the full picture, or your friend is incredibly childish.

First of all, I'll advice you to tread carefully because whether you like it or not, you're already an interfering third party to that union. You mention they already have issues and your friend seems to be looking to exit it anyway. Be mindful of the advice you give him so it doesn't come back to haunt you if the marriage breaks up. If you really are a true friend, you'll remain neutral and not take sides. Remember there are always two (or more) sides to any story. Until you "hear" from his wife, you certainly don't have the full story.

Secondly, I agree with you that getting his parents and family involved without even communicating with his wife is going over the top. This is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Let him start by picking up the phone to speak with his wife. Then after, if need be, let him go visit them and use that opportunity to mend any broken bridges with his inlaws this festive season. It is a time for forgiveness and good will anyway.

New year and new beginnings.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by amtaken(f): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2016
It's only ladies from dysfunctional homes (like you) that like the things you listed.

As you have quoted me, you have just turned to a woman.
EVILFOREST:

I would have said that U made an Impressive statement.
But, the Problem I have with You, LADIES is that, 97% of you are perpetually CONFUSED.
So, we are yet to understand how to treat,u, ladies.
Some cherish to be scolded and beaten up.
Some cherish to be yelled at.
Pls, maintain a status quo, so that we can start Treating u, ladies the way u want.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
Acidosis:

But this should be done with the consent of both parties, don't you think?

What kind of break would make a husband turn to a wanderer who has no clue what his wife is up to?

Fathers should also learn to do things properly without deception.

The man should be very careful, you can never trust such a family. He should be prayerful and strive to find out what his in-laws are up to.

Should and could are two totally different things. If there was consent in their marriage, there would be no disagreement.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
Haywhymido:
Take a break? No problem.
But take a break with the children with u(wife), when they shd be in the our house? No, if buhari wont be able to stop me frm getting dem frm their family house. Dat may be happening in the whites land, it doesnt work here in africa

Unnecessary drama. They are at their grandpa's house and nobody said that they are staying there permanently.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by VintageCocktail(m): 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
budusky05:
Get back here dude, you have to keep us in the loop...you third party!!!.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Haywhymido(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

Unnecessary drama. They are at their grandpa's house and nobody said that they are staying there permanently.
this drama is more dan necessary dude, there are right n wrong ways to go abt things.if the children/wife had seek their father's permission to visit their grandparent, nobody wld see it as a wrong thing, why wld a wife take away our children frm our house without my consent She alone impregnated herself nurtured n take care of dem alone I so much pity any lady dat wld do such to me. Certainly, she wont like the consequence.
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
Haywhymido:
this drama is more dan necessary dude, there are right n wrong ways to go abt things.if the children/wife had seek their father's permission to visit their grandparent, nobody wld see it as a wrong thing, why wld a wife take away our children frm our house without my consent She alone impregnated herself nurtured n take care of dem alone I so much pity any lady dat wld do such to me. Certainly, she wont like the consequence.

If it helps, why not?
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by Acidosis(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
The husband should get the kids and jet off to grand mother's house.. A week or 2 weeks with the husband's mama without the knowledge of the wife would balance things up... smiley *winks*
Re: My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. by budusky05(m): 3:22am On Jan 04, 2016
VintageCocktail:
Get back here dude, you have to keep us in the loop...you third party!!!.

From my understanding she is back, but will get details tomorrow at the office.

Think me I already know what the update is, but I only pray for peace.

(1) (Reply)

. / Can Sworn Declaration Of Age Effectively Replace One's Birth Certificate / Photo Of A Young Baby With Unhealed Tribal Marks Sparks Outburst On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.