Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,057 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected (5719 Views)

The Fake Prophecy About TB Joshua’s Death Is Not From Me - Prophet / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / What Do You Think About TB Joshua's 2016 Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 9:39am On Jan 07, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ai7pDWZ_w

Did TB Joshua predict the H-bomb just days before?
https://www.rt.com/news/328112-un-measures-korea-test/
https://www.rt.com/news/328038-north-korea-earthquake-nuclear/

A few facts to consider;
1. South Korea has carried out three nuclear 'tests' BEFORE.
2. These 'tests' are confirmed by tremors whose epicenter is the 'known' North Korea nuclear site
3. It is yet to be confirmed whether this was an actual test but North Korea has severally before bragged of its nuclear capability
4. TB Joshua has yet to release a prophecy 'fulfillment' video

In short, North Korea claims are yet to be verified but there has been public suspicion of the country's nuclear capabilities. It does not take any special gift to predict another test.

To his credit, TB Joshua is not claiming any fulfillment of nothing till now, it is some of his followers who are,but if by the arrow he meant a 10KM subterranean denomination of a nuclear bomb, he got it bad.

In the same breath he talks of Syria saying there is no need for more violence. Presumably he means it is unwise to attack North Korea and attempt to oust him because he may shoot the 'arrow' in self defense. But isn't this the only sensible reaction to attacking a nuclear country?

TB Joshua als talks of an arrow nobody knows of. Again this is a big fat lie in the light of previous 'tests' by the country. I use 'tests' and not tests because it is yet to be ascertained 100% that North Korea has nuclear capability although it is generally believed to be.

Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by dorox(m): 10:34am On Jan 07, 2016
@vooks.
It is a known fact that North Korea have successfully tested nuclear weapons in the past, but unlike their previous tests which was an ordinary fission bomb that is relatively easy to make they are claiming that their latest test was a thermonuclear which is quite difficult to produce and also far more deadly compared to an atomic bomb.
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
dorox:
@vooks.
It is a known fact that North Korea have successfully tested nuclear weapons in the past, but unlike their previous tests which was an ordinary fission bomb that is relatively easy to make they are claiming that their latest test was a thermonuclear which is quite difficult to produce and also far more deadly compared to an atomic bomb.
My good friend,
Keep abreast of the news and the charlatan will never surprise you.

While it is true that H-bomb packs more power,is more difficult to produce,and is everybody's nivarna, last year at or around 10th December, Pyongyang claimed to have developed a hydrogen bomb!. If you missed the headlines, read all about it here;
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/world/asia/north-korea-kim-hydrogen-bomb.html?_r=0
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/10/asia/north-korea-thermonuclear-claim/
https://www.rt.com/news/325300-north-korea-hydrogen-bomb/

The only thing that has changed between dec 10th claim and the one a few hours ago is that the latter was accompanied by a test.
The very fact that the magnitude of the earthquake is just about as much as the 2013 one following another test casts aspersions on North Korea claims.

So once again,
What NEW information is TB Joshua peddling?
Let's look at some scenarios.
1. Supposing after the radioisotope tests it is confirmed that indeed it was a H-bomb. TB Joshua would merely be telling us what Puongyang had claimed last month.
2. Supposing the tests turn negative. This would not disprove TB Joshua's claim of North Korea's H-Bomb capability but at the same time, we can't prove it unless and until more information is forthcoming. If it is negative but the H-bomb possession is confirmed, the world would look at Pyongyang's December claim followed by TB Joshua's January claim and conclude the charlatan regurgitated Pyongyang's statement and reported it as a matter of fact.

However way you look at it, TB Joshua is peddling stale information as fresh heavenly revelation. This is blasphemy
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by analice107: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=vooks post=41536876][/quote] These are admonitions not prophecies. Is he confused about what prophecies are?
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by dorox(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
vooks:

My good friend,
Keep abreast of the news and the charlatan will never surprise you.

While it is true that H-bomb packs more power,is more difficult to produce,and is everybody's nivarna, last year at or around 10th December, Pyongyang claimed to have developed a hydrogen bomb!. If you missed the headlines, read all about it here;
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/world/asia/north-korea-kim-hydrogen-bomb.html?_r=0
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/10/asia/north-korea-thermonuclear-claim/

My friend, we are on the same page here. What I wrote was not meant to take anything away from your excellent post but only to correct what I thought was a minor technical inaccuracy.
Keep well and keep them coming.
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:

These are admonitions not prophecies. Is he confused about what prophecies are?
Hi Anas09,
I watched the clip and even the subtitles called them prophecies, so they are meant to be received as the word of God

There is an insatiable demand for prophecies/information and I believe this is what fuels this annual ritual of New Yer prophecies. I don't mean to scoff at the spiritual gifts but clearly, some of these are fake.....cheap fakes.
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
dorox:

My friend, we are on the same page here. What I wrote was not meant to take anything away from your excellent post but only to correct what I thought was a minor technical inaccuracy.
Keep well and keep them coming.

Sorry I took too long to edit and you had replied.
It is well. Personally, had Pyongyang never claimed to have possessed the H-bomb slightly under a month ago, this would have been a spectacular 'fulfillment'. But he did and it was widely reported. One has to work very hard to ignore the the obvious conclusion that he based the prophecy specifically on Pyongyang's December claims.

As I said earlier, I only follow official 'fulfillment' videos, and so far, none has come forth. His overzealous fans may be spoiling it for him. It is also important to note that he usually releases these videos usually under 24 hours from the event. This tells me that he is not convinced that the test remotely resembles anything he said to warrant a video.

Stay blessed
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by analice107: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
vooks:

Note to plaetton,
I have no problem with your atheism and affinity for fraternal organizations, but I feel your hatred for Christianity blinds you to the reality that faith is not incompatible with science. Seventh Day Adventists a group I classify as a cult has contributed immensely to education in the US not to mention health. I want you to go through 1500 years, from 400 to 1900AD and pick ANY serious innovation borne out of an atheistic mind.

If you really wish to convert souls to atheism, you do better than spread cheap lies. The fact that you resort to blatant falsehoods makes me wonder what atheism has to offer. What is its value proposition? Escape from your imaginary ills of Christianity? How do you win over a Christian like me who can easily see through your caricature?

Have a fantastic 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha.
Vooks the destroyer of the atheists. I love you man.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by analice107: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Weah96:

I have [size=18pt]seen [/size]unrepentant and career armed robbers, drug dealers, and prostitutes frequent the Christian shrines more often than most. They go there to thank God for making their endeavors successful, while simultaneously praying for the forgiveness of their sins.
What's your point? Should the pastor send them away from the church? Have you not heard that the church is a house of God? Is the pastor God?
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by dorox(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:

What's your point? Should the pastor send them away from the church? Have you not heard that the church is a house of God? Is the pastor God?
What do you think a pastor should do if an armed robber should come to his church for deliverance?
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:

Anas09,
He meant that even he wicked and disobedient still come to church not to change or in repentance but to further their wicked ways by way of offering and seed.

I was wondering loudly whether part of the billions of dollars looted from out oil industry end up in churches
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
We need these kind of threads for this times. Too many lies in the church. And it is a command to judge all prophecy.

vooks:

Is there any year when Africa goes without food shortage?
Food shortage in Africa is as African as our melanin
And with Elnino this year, draught is guaranteed immediately thereafter.

N.Korea tests a dangerous every year. Around his birthday.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
muafrika:
We need these kind of threads for this times. Too many lies in the church. And it is a command to judge all prophecy.

And with Elnino this year, draught is guaranteed immediately thereafter.

N.Korea tests a dangerous every year. Around his birthday.
Thank you bros,
Man was created to dominate, have dominion and I thing from the earliest they discovered you need information and knowledge to dominate. Knowledge of the future makes life more predictable and this explains the booming soothsaying industry of crystal ball gazers, tarot cards, seers and so forth. Our prophets exploit this fascination/obsession with future knowledge to the max. They make names and money for themselves in the process.

About TB Joshua, it is not his person I have a problem with but his mindless sheeple who dread thinking through whatever he spews and are so easily mesmerized by his 'gifts'. They equate doubting or questioning him with blasphemy.

The reason God requires us to judge prophecy is because there is a huge element of subjectivity seeing the infallible and perfect Creator uses fallible and imperfect creatures.
Re: TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected by vooks: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
All,
If there is any part of his 'prophecy' I missed please let me know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stand Up And Be Counted: Pastor E. A. Adeboye's Terrifying Dream / 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa / Why Do Married Women Respect Their Pastors More Than Their Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.