Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa (5673 Views)

Quotes Regarding Islam By Some Western Philosophers / Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? / 'My View Regarding The Election (US)'- TB Joshua Replies Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 5:30am On Jan 12, 2016
[size=16pt]Sub-Saharan Africa[/size]

The total population in sub-Saharan Africa is expected to grow at a faster pace than in any other region in the decades ahead, more than doubling from 823 million in 2010 to 1.9 billion in 2050. As a result, the two dominant religions in the region – Christianity and Islam – both are expected to have more than twice as many adherents in 2050 as in 2010.71

Christians are projected to remain the region’s largest religious group, growing from 517 million in 2010 to more than 1.1 billion in 2050. But the Muslim population is expected to grow at a faster rate than the Christian population (170% vs. 115%), rising from 248 million to 670 million. Most of the smaller religious groups in sub-Saharan Africa, including adherents of folk religions and the religiously unaffiliated, are expected to experience at least modest growth in the decades ahead, although the small Jewish population is projected to shrink.

While the absolute number of Christians in sub-Saharan Africa is expected to double in size by 2050, the Christian share of the region’s population is expected to decline, dropping from 63% in 2010 to 59% in 2050. Meanwhile, the Muslim share is projected to increase from 30% to 35%.

Size and Projected Growth of Major Religious Groups in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2010-2050

Factors Driving Change

Fertility

Total Fertility Rates of Religious Groups in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2010-2015The Total Fertility Rates for the two fastest-growing religious groups in sub-Saharan Africa – Muslims and adherents of folk religions – are higher than the rates for Christians and the unaffiliated. However, fertility rates for all major religious groups in sub-Saharan Africa are considerably higher than the replacement level of 2.1 children per woman.

Age Structure

Age Breakdown of Religious Groups in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2010

The groups projected to experience rapid growth in sub-Saharan Africa in the decades ahead had very young populations in 2010. Nearly half of the region’s Muslims (46%) were under age 15, as were 44% of those adhering to folk religions, 41% of Christians and 40% of the unaffiliated.

The median ages of these groups ranged from 17 (for Muslims) to 20 (for the unaffiliated). The median age for the region overall was 18.

Religious Switching

Projected Religious Composition of Sub-Saharan Africa in 2050, with or without religious switching is expected to change the religious landscape of sub-Saharan Africa in future decades only modestly. (For information on the impact of religious switching on the demographic projections in this report, see Chapter 1.) The Muslim share of sub-Saharan Africa’s 2050 population is expected to be 0.3 percentage points higher than it would be if projected religious switching were not taken into account. By contrast, the projection for the Christian share of the region in 2050 is 0.3 percentage points lower than if religious switching were not included in the projections.
Migration

In the decades ahead, more migrants are expected to move out of sub-Saharan Africa than move into the region. This outbound migration is not expected to have a large impact on the overall religious composition of the region. Consequently, the report does not show different projection scenarios with and without migration for this region.

Complete report by PEW center
http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/sub-saharan-africa/

Note: PEW center is the world's most well respected demographic center which publishes reports on population growth, political views of people, and American society. PEW is based in the United States where it was ranked number 1 in terms of accuracy, standards, and credibility in 2014 and 2015
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 5:44am On Jan 12, 2016
Most credible statistical analysis by the best independent demographic organization of the United States (and the world) reveals that Islam is the fastest growing religious force not only in the world, but it is also the fastest growing religious force in sub-Saharan Africa as well (Mashallah!).

Moreover, the data reveals that the notions of mass Muslims conversions to Christianity or mass Christian conversions to Islam are myths and non-existent. The conversions account for only 0.3% of the total religious growth in the region (including both Christianity and Islam). So that puts to rest the idiotic myths of pastors and imams about conversions.

Very detailed and authentic report by PEW once again! Kudos to such a brilliant organization for doing its job better than everybody in the world. PEW is known as the "Fact Tank" in the United States. Hopefully we have such good organizations in Nigeria as well.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by JackBizzle: 5:51am On Jan 12, 2016
fedex01:
Most credible statistical analysis by the best independent demographic organization of the United States (and the world) reveals that Islam is the fastest growing religious force not only in the world, but it is also the fastest growing religious force in sub-Saharan Africa as well (Mashallah!).

Moreover, the data reveals that the notions of mass Muslims conversions to Christianity or mass Christian conversions to Islam are myths and non-existent. The conversions account for only 0.3% of the total religious growth in the region (including both Christianity and Islam). So that puts to rest the idiotic myths of pastors and imams about conversions.

Very detailed and authentic report by PEW once again! Kudos to such a brilliant organization for doing its job better than everybody in the world. PEW is known as the "Fact Tank" in the United States. Hopefully we have such good organizations in Nigeria as well.

It is growing at a rate at which it would not catch up with christianity in 40 years!!!
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Annunaki(m): 7:39am On Jan 12, 2016
fedex01:

Christians in Nigeria comprise between 40%[1] and 49.3%[ of the population. Christians are dominant in the southern and central region in Nigeria. According to the Pew Research Center, Nigeria has the largest Christian population of any country in Africa, with more than 85 million persons in Nigeria belonging to the church with various denominations. The numbers of Christians in Nigeria has grown from 21.4% in 1953 to 49.3% in 2010.

It is your same pew research centre that is known for their FACTS that said christian population in Nigeria has grown from 21.4% in 1953 to 49.3% in 2010. And you can be rest assured that most of this growth came from muslims converting to christianity. tongue
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

It is your same pew research centre that is known for their FACTS that said christian population in Nigeria has grown from 21.4% in 1953 to 49.3% in 2010. And you can be rest assured that most of this growth came from muslims converting to christianity. tongue

LOL, wrong. The very same PEW report (that you haven't read since you don't read but just copy-paste statistics from wikipedia without understanding them) said that Christian grew on behalf of traditional Nigerian African religions, while Islam maintained itself in the North (which, even to this day, is true). Majority of Christian converts were animalists and other traditional African traditions---not Islam. Atleast read the report that you use before making a living joke out of yourself again and again! lmao.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 8:57am On Jan 12, 2016
JackBizzle:

It is growing at a rate at which it would not catch up with christianity in 40 years!!!

May be.

But it doesn't matter much. Islam has already defeated Christianity in terms of global influence and spread.

Islam has now become the largest practiced faith of the globe. Whereever Islam exists , it plays a central role in the society. Even secular Turks are very practicing Muslims generally. On the other hand , Christianity in the Europe, U.S, and Latin Americans is almost a dead religion...a humiliated, defeated relic of the past and nobody cares about it. No one really cares about it or its teachings and sex outside of marriage, hedonism, living together without marriage, revealing clothes/bikinis, not-going to church, greed etc is mainstream culture of these lands. It has been proven by scientific studies as well that Christianity is a dead, defeated thing in majority of the "christian" world.

Westerners are 'least practicing' people , according to the Gallop Survey on religiosity.

Even Adherents.com says that they have no reason to reject the assertion that there are more practicing Muslims than practicing Christians..

See the result of the comprehensive gallop survey on religiosity.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114211/alabamians-iranians-common.aspx

In the category of "most religious countries", almost all of them are Muslim nations lol...and in the category of 'least practicing nations', almost all of them are christian nations.

Almost enitre Islamic World is "most practicing" or "more practicing" , while almost entire West is "least practicing" or "less practicing" ..which means either agnostics or non-practicing cultural followers...

Also , even in the West , Muslims are way more practicing than Christians. There are way more 'practicing Muslims' by % than practicing Christians in most Western countries

For example , in countries like France which is the "largest" Catholic European nation , there are more practicing Muslims than Christians (Hudson institute who studies European religiousity)

http://www.realnewsreporter.com/?p=7...source=message

The most "ardent" christian country in West (U.S) is less religious than most "secular" Muslim country in Islamic World (Turkey)

http://www.people-press.org/2011/08/30/section-2-religious-beliefs-and-practices/

American Muslims are very practicing, too. See the above link..

Even in sub-saharan Africa, where the most zealot Christians reside, Muslims outpractice Christians according to Pew forum detail demographic and religious survey on ground.

Moreover, Islam is a ideological force having socio-economic, cultural, religious, legal, social, spiritual, and military components to it..Probably the most strongest ideological force to have ever existed...This also makes it way more successful, considering its global spread (It exists in literally every single nation on Earth)....

Remember, spreading just a religion (by changing it and adapting to local culture) is easy...Spread of an comprehensive ideological force such as Islam is hard...very hard..but Islam did it-successfully. Islam is only such ideological, cultural force in human history that is "global" and spread to every single corner to Earth...

Girls in Hijabs are a common sight in Western Universities now a days. It is visual evidence of presence of Islam...you can "feel" it...Can't say that for christianity though...

60% of all Muslim-American women wear hijab..and that's America which is a ultra secular country and where "christian" women don't even sh!t on bible and do everything without caring about christianity. Did you know majority of babies born to women in America are out born out-of-wedlock? christianity is a destroyed thing..

http://www.people-press.org/2011/08/30/section-2-religious-beliefs-and-practices/

So in the light of all these facts , it is clear to everyone in the world that Islam is the largest practicing and most influential religious force of mankind's history..and most likely will remain so since I don't see any new religion coming up to challenge the dominance of Islam

Constitutions and legal codes of tens and tens of nations--with billions of people in them--spanning across continents--are based in Islamic Shari'ah and legal codes. There are so many powerful Islamic states. Name me few "Christian" nations please? LOL, you can't name one. Everybody threw christianity out of their society and countries are based on godless non-christian laws where homosexuality is legal, sex before marriage is legal, there is no christian values in education system and so on. On the other hand, Islam plays central role in cultures, traditions, and lifestyles of Muslims and massive global Islamic World.

Speaking on the basis of facts, christianity is a joke compared to Islam today. All facts--no bias. Even YOU know that what I'm saying is right smiley I have provided you with evidence from credible and neutral sources to prove my point. You can't deny that
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Annunaki(m): 9:00am On Jan 12, 2016
fedex01:

LOL, wrong. The very same PEW report (that you haven't read since you don't read but just copy-paste statistics from wikipedia without understanding them) said that Christian grew on behalf of traditional Nigerian African religions, while Islam maintained itself in the North (which, even to this day, is true). Majority of Christian converts were animalists and other traditional African traditions---not Islam. Atleast read the report that you use before making a living joke out of yourself again and again! lmao.

Olodo is that why the same report said that muslim population declined from 63% to about 48% And for the record islam is not maintaining itself in the north, muslims are converting enmass their to christianity every day. tongue
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 9:07am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

Olodo is that why the same report said that muslim population declined from 63% to about 48% And for the record islam is not maintaining itself in the north, muslims are converting enmass their to christianity every day. tongue

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Dumbf*ck, you YET AGAIN embraced yourself? cheesy Wow, it must be super hard for you to keep getting embarrassed by me.

Idiot, Muslim population declined as a percentage and not in solid numbers. There are more Muslims today as compared than previously in Nigeria..but there percentage went down because the Southern animalists converted to Christianity and reproduced.

In similar fashion, Europe used to be 25% of the world..but today it is 12%...What happened? Did Europeans became Africans? LOL..no, its just Europe grew--but Africans (and others) grew faster in terms of population growth. Same happened to Islam in Nigeria (as stated by PEW report). Animalists and traditionalists of Nigeria (which always outnumbered Muslims as per the report) became Christian and reproduced a lot--hence the percentage share of Muslims in Nigeria declined.

Please, can you quote me clearly one neutral report that talks about mass conversion of Muslims to Christianity in Nigeria? cheesy go ahead..do it. You can't cuz no report says that--because it didn't happen.

Challenge for you: Please produce material from PEW (or other credible neutral organization like it) that reflect mass conversions of Muslims to Christianity in Nigeria. Please do. Not some missionary Christian propaganda bullsh!t--but actual reports like I've been using as evidence throughout all my posts here in this thread and others as well!

I bet you can't do it cheesy
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Annunaki(m): 9:14am On Jan 12, 2016
fedex01:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Dumbf*ck, you YET AGAIN embraced yourself? cheesy Wow, it must be super hard for you to keep getting embarrassed by me.

Idiot, Muslim population declined as a percentage and not in solid numbers. There are more Muslims today as compared than previously in Nigeria..but there percentage went down because the Southern animalists converted to Christianity and reproduced.

In similar fashion, Europe used to be 25% of the world..but today it is 12%...What happened? Did Europeans became Africans? LOL..no, its just Europe grew--but Africans (and others) grew faster in terms of population growth. Same happened to Islam in Nigeria (as stated by PEW report). Animalists and traditionalists of Nigeria (which always outnumbered Muslims as per the report) became Christian and reproduced a lot--hence the percentage share of Muslims in Nigeria declined.

Please, can you quote me clearly one neutral report that talks about mass conversion of Muslims to Christianity in Nigeria? cheesy go ahead..do it. You can't cuz no report says that--because it didn't happen.

Olodo kontinu deluding your self, I will invite you to my thread on how muslims are converting to christianity and being persecuted in northern nigeria at the same time.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 9:18am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

Olodo kontinu deluding your self, I will invite you to my thread on how muslims are converting to christianity and being persecuted in northern nigeria at the same time.

Hahaha retard, I can make threads too with bullsh!t sources and all.

I challenged you in my last post. Why don't you accept my challenge? cheesy There are individual conversions all the time everywhere (from Islam to Christianity, from Christianity to Islam, and so on). I am talking about MASS CONVERSIONS that change the demographic balance.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Jews of sub-saharan Africa will continue to migrate towards Israel, I presume. That's why their numbers are declining.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by jcross19: 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
fedex01:

Hahaha retard, I can make threads too with bullsh!t sources and all.

I challenged you in my last post. Why don't you accept my challenge? cheesy There are individual conversions all the time everywhere (from Islam to Christianity, from Christianity to Islam, and so on). I am talking about MASS CONVERSIONS that change the demographic balance.
stop wasting your time and giving yourself a zero hope. The number of muslims or christians are nothing than your salvation. And let me tell you this issue of muslims lies is killing them even in nigeria many I mean many muslims are turning to christ why? Because of what's happening around the globe. Don't deceive yourself. islamic is loosing its ground in those war zone because of christians are penetrating in form of red cross, the greatest blow is this issue of muslims migrant to europe , I mean most will loose their faith to christianity or atheist. No apostacy no islam.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 1:35am On Jan 13, 2016
jcross19:
stop wasting your time and giving yourself a zero hope. The number of muslims or christians are nothing than your salvation. And let me tell you this issue of muslims lies is killing them even in nigeria many I mean many muslims are turning to christ why? Because of what's happening around the globe. Don't deceive yourself. islamic is loosing its ground in those war zone because of christians are penetrating in form of red cross, the greatest blow is this issue of muslims migrant to europe , I mean most will loose their faith to christianity or atheist. No apostacy no islam.

I am just presenting stats and facts, why are you so hyper?

It is christianity that is a dead, defeated, destroyed thing in the Europe, U.S, and Latin Americans with no respect---a humiliated, defeated relic of the past and nobody cares about it. No one really cares about it or its teachings and sex outside of marriage, hedonism, living together without marriage, revealing clothes/bikinis, not-going to church, greed etc is mainstream culture of these lands. It has been proven by scientific studies as well that Christianity is a dead, defeated thing in majority of the "christian" world. Everybody threw christianity out of their society and countries are based on godless non-christian laws where homosexuality is legal, sex before marriage is legal, children are born out of wedlock, there is no christian values in education system, divorce is rampant, drugs are legal, and so on.

Islam on the other hand is thriving globally--even in Western world.

I don't write frustrating paragraphs like you. I back all of my claims with data, evidence, and credible sources. Look at post#6 of this thread to see how I've demonstrated by points by using credible data from world organizations such as PEW, Gallop, and so on.

And regarding your point of migrants--there are MILLIONS of Muslims already living in West--why haven't they left Islam til now? LOL
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by jcross19: 3:33am On Jan 13, 2016
fedex01:

It is christianity that is a dead, defeated, destroyed thing in the Europe, U.S, and Latin Americans with no respect---a humiliated, defeated relic of the past and nobody cares about it. No one really cares about it or its teachings and sex outside of marriage, hedonism, living together without marriage, revealing clothes/bikinis, not-going to church, greed etc is mainstream culture of these lands. It has been proven by scientific studies as well that Christianity is a dead, defeated thing in majority of the "christian" world. Everybody threw christianity out of their society and countries are based on godless non-christian laws where homosexuality is legal, sex before marriage is legal, children are born out of wedlock, there is no christian values in education system, divorce is rampant, drugs are legal, and so on.

I don't write frustrating paragraphs like you. I back all of my claims with data, evidence, and credible sources. Look at post#6 of this thread to see how I've demonstrated by points by using credible data from world organizations such as PEW, Gallop, and so on.

And regarding your point of migrants--there are MILLIONS of Muslims already living in West--why haven't they left Islam til now? LOL
oga stop your fake data okay. You people are so desperate why? With so much bombing . In all latin countries I mean 95% are catholic even till now so don't know where you get your data from. Although muslima are known for altaqiyya.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by JackBizzle: 6:25am On Jan 13, 2016
fedex01:

1) Your data itself shows that Islam won't catch up with christianity in 2050 despite its quick growth

2) You are right, christianity is losing ground in Europe. But so also is Islam. The issue here is that increase in muslim immigrants from Asia and the middle east makes it seem as if Islam is growing in Europe.

3) Punishment for apostacy in some muslim societies around the world make it difficult to estimate the true number of people that leave islam.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by parisbookaddict(f): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2016
fedex01:

Challenge for you: Please produce material from PEW (or other credible neutral organization like it) that reflect mass conversions of Muslims to Christianity in Nigeria. Please do. Not some missionary Christian propaganda bullsh!t--but actual reports like I've been using as evidence throughout all my posts here in this thread and others as well!

I bet you can't do it cheesy
[size=15pt]

Salam.
When the muslim is exposed for his lies he throws insults and al taqiyya.

The muslim population is spreading not growing around the world.

If u noticed from the pew research, animalists will grow in Africa same with Islam, its a biproduct Of a growing general population,

However, the muslim population is actually spreading mostly by migration from wartorn countries and other reasons from intolerant Islamic states to the God blessed "kaffir" Europe and other places.

Most women dump their hijabs as soon as they arrive Europe infact one commentator on the muslim migration crisis says, "Islam has come to the west to die."
Germany has recorded hundreds of baptisms from migrants , it could be al taqiyya which the quran permits.

More muslims than any other time in history are abandoning Islam and exposing it as a totalitarian bigoted fascist cult, despite death threats people like Ali Sina, son of Hamas, Dr nabeel, waheed sheobat, hrisi Ali, Sam shamoon and so many others are all former African or Arab muslims exposing Islam via conferences, live events and internet.

I personally know former muslims who dumped the faith.

One would expect Islam to be the most populated religion after 1400years of its history of killing non-muslims and because of its polygamy, bigamy , rape culture and child marriages but alas Christianity continues to win new converts from Islam and grow without polygamy while muslims continue to kill each other and blow themselves up.

The pew research has shown that even in 2050 there will be over twice as much Christians than muslims in African. in the past, as early as the 1800s and early 1900s, Islam was the dominant religion in Africa followed by traditionalists but today there are more Christians that muslims. How did that happen?? smiley. Its simple, falsehood can never dominate truth. Darkness can never cover light.

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Annunaki(m): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
parisbookaddict:

[size=15pt]

Salam.

If u noticed from the pew research, animalists will grow in Africa same with Islam, its a biproduct Of a growing general population,

However, the muslim population is actually spreading mostly by migration from wartorn countries and other reasons from intolerant Islamic states to the God blessed "kaffir" Europe and other places.

Most women dump their hijabs as soon as they arrive Europe infact one commentator on the muslim migration crisis says, "Islam has come to the west to die."
Germany has recorded hundreds of baptisms from migrants , it could be al taqiyya which the quran permits.

More muslims than any other time in history are abandoning Islam and exposing it as a totalitarian bigoted fascist cult, despite death threats people like Ali Sina, son of Hamas, Dr nabeel, waheed sheobat, hrisi Ali, Sam shamoon and so many others are all former African or Arab muslims exposing Islam via conferences, live events and internet.

One would expect Islam to be the most populated religion after 1400years of its history of killing non-muslims and because of its polygamy, bigamy , rape culture and child marriages but alas Christianity continues to win new converts from Islam and grow without polygamy while muslims continue to kill each other and blow themselves up.

The pew research has shown that even in 2050 there will be over twice as much Christians than muslims in African. in the past, as early as the 1800s and early 1900s, Islam was the dominant religion in Africa followed by traditionalists but today there are more Christians that muslims. How did that happen?? smiley. Its simple, falsehood can never dominate truth. Darkness can never cover light.

[/size]

Excellent post, I particularly love the bolded quote. grin

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by laundryking: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Your clothes need your attention too take advantage of our 20% discount this janauary,to start your new year feeling fresh and looking smart all year round.
#LAUNDRYKING Not just a laundry outfit,we are your fabric care professionals.
For enquiries,free pickup & delivery pls call:08162259669,07011162336,08162814732,08131380848
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by tartar9(m): 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
parisbookaddict:

[size=15pt]

Salam.

[/size]

you always have something stupid to say.where's your 6 million leaving Islam in Africa yearly undecided
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Annunaki(m): 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
tartar9:

you always have something stupid to say.where's your 6 million leaving Islam in Africa yearly undecided

This 6 million people leaving islam yearly was originally mentioned by an islamic priest on al jazeera when he panicked owing to the large numbers of muslims abandoning islam annually. So I think your question should be directed to the cleric. tongue one thing is certain though, even if the cleric's figures are not entirely correct, muslims are leaving islam in large numbers every year. cheesy
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 1:47am On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

1) Your data itself shows that Islam won't catch up with christianity in 2050 despite its quick growth

I never stated it will. Duh.

2)
You are right, christianity is losing ground in Europe. But so also is Islam. The issue here is that increase in muslim immigrants from Asia and the middle east makes it seem as if Islam is growing in Europe.

Losing ground? lol, it has already lost it. Nowhere in the world christianity has any influence left. It is a dead, humiliated, defeated thing everywhere. There's no countries based on christianity. No societies with christianity at their center. Christianity's only taken seriously in sub saharan africa but even they don't live a fully christian life and even sub saharan african countries have not based their constitutions on christianity.

While Islam is thriving globally wherever it exists. There are tens of nations that have Islam as the basis of their constitutions. Even in secular countries like Turkey--Islam is at the center of society and thriving. Even in Western World--Muslims are thriving, hijabs are common, halal food is everywhere, and thousands of new mosques build over the years.

Islam, as a religious force, is successful Mashallah--while christianity is a failure.

Sex before marriage, drugs, births out of wedlock, hedonism, gay marriage, mainstreaming of abortion, living without marriage, and non-traditional family are MAINSTREAM culture of "christians" in Latin America, U.S and rest of Europe. Toilet paper has more relevance to Westerners than "bible" and "christian" values. That's a fact. Even you know it, don't you?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by JackBizzle: 5:33am On Jan 14, 2016
fedex01:

Losing ground? lol, it has already lost it. Nowhere in the world christianity has any influence left. It is a dead, humiliated, defeated thing everywhere. There's no countries based on christianity. No societies with christianity at their center. Christianity's only taken seriously in sub saharan africa but even they don't live a fully christian life and even sub saharan african countries have not based their constitutions on christianity.

While Islam is thriving globally wherever it exists. There are tens of nations that have Islam as the basis of their constitutions. Even in secular countries like Turkey--Islam is at the center of society and thriving. Even in Western World--Muslims are thriving, hijabs are common, halal food is everywhere, and thousands of new mosques build over the years.

Islam, as a religious force, is successful Mashallah--while christianity is a failure.

Sex before marriage, drugs, births out of wedlock, hedonism, gay marriage, mainstreaming of abortion, living without marriage, and non-traditional family are MAINSTREAM culture of "christians" in Latin America, U.S and rest of Europe. Toilet paper has more relevance to Westerners than "bible" and "christian" values. That's a fact. Even you know it, don't you?

Interesting.
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Interesting.

Just for the record: I have been to Western World. Lived there. I know what I'm talking about. They are completely secular and irreligious and they don't care about christianity. For them, even holidays like Christmas as CULTURAL holidays and NOT "religious" holidays. That's especially true for younger generation.

Whereas, as I stated, Islam is far more successful and influential than christianity on global scale. Even countries like Pakistan--which are powerful, nuclear-armed states with one of the most powerful militaries of the world-- are based on Islam and are Islamic republics as stated in their constitution.

Name any one powerful state based on christianity and bible? lols.

You see, Islam has already surpassed christianity in terms of "actual" practicing followers and global influence. The nominal numbers don't mean much.

Also, Islam gained ~2 billion followers in less than 1450 years..Christianity took 2000+ years to do the same. Islam has been the most powerful and successful religion of history. No religion even comes close in terms of success, influence, and global spread in such short time (1435 years to be exact). Christianity couldn't even make it outside Europe in 1435 years lol..
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Demmzy15(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
fedex01:

Just for the record: I have been to Western World. Lived there. I know what I'm talking about. They are completely secular and irreligious and they don't care about christianity. For them, even holidays like Christmas as CULTURAL holidays and NOT "religious" holidays. That's especially true for younger generation.

Whereas, as I stated, Islam is far more successful and influential than christianity on global scale. Even countries like Pakistan--which are powerful, nuclear-armed states with one of the most powerful militaries of the world-- are based on Islam and are Islamic republics as stated in their constitution.

You see, Islam has already surpassed christianity in terms of "actual" practicing followers and global influence. The nominal numbers don't mean much.

Also, Islam gained ~2 billion followers in less than 1450 years..Christianity took 2000+ years to do the same. Islam has been the most powerful and successful religion of history. No religion even comes close in terms of success, influence, and global spread in such short time (1435 years to be exact). Christianity couldn't even make it outside Europe in 1435 years lol..
Cc parisbookaddict, true2god, truthman2012, Annunaki, etc hope this post can sink into your hearts. Accept the bitter truth, Islam has come to stay and there's nothing you can do about it.

OLAADEGBU Israel butt-licker, Israel doesn't care about you. All parts of Palestine like Bethlehem, Nazareth are now Muslim cities. Continue praising your Israel, time would soon tell.

What's shocking is why kill yourself over a Jew who's of Poland, Russia, Brooklyn origin when your fellow Christians who Arabs and Muslims from the progeny of Jacob are persecuted by this evil state(Israel)?! OLAADEGBU I'm talking to you!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by JackBizzle: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
fedex01:

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran. These are countries that base their law on islam. Yet these countries have poverty, poor human rights records and poor women's rights records. (Iran is improving on their women's rights small sha)

Popularity of a religion does not translate to authenticity or correctness of the religion.

Even by popularity, there will still be more christians than muslims in 50 years to come.

Atheism is exploding in Saudi Arabia, so be careful. wink

1 Like

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by JackBizzle: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Demmzy15:

Cc parisbookaddict, true2god, truthman2012, Annunaki, etc hope this post can sink into your hearts. Accept the bitter truth, Islam has come to stay and there's nothing you can do about it.

OLAADEGBU Israel butt-licker, Israel doesn't care about you. All parts of Palestine like Bethlehem, Nazareth are now Muslim cities. Continue praising your Israel, time would soon tell.

What's shocking is why kill yourself over a Jew who's of Poland, Russia, Brooklyn origin when your fellow Christians who Arabs and Muslims from the progeny of Jacob are persecuted by this evil state(Israel)?! OLAADEGBU I'm talking to you!

Keep quiet grin
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Demmzy15:

Those are dead charlantans you are calling grin grin grin

As for the old Pa Olaadegbu, let him continue his boot licking for who don't give a fvck about him.

JackBizzle:

Keep quiet grin

Why not counter what this guy Below post?

fedex01:

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by parisbookaddict(f): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Demmzy15:

i will reply that comment shortly but let me comment on your post..

firstly, who says islam is going anywhere, it has 1.5 billion followers, since muslim men keep marrying 4wivies, reproducing like lower animals and raping non-muslims in the middle east and asia and now germany, its going to ensure that the muslim population will remain and possibly grow for years to come.. it also means that more people will come out of islam and expose the cult to future generations people like;Ali sina, Ms Hiris ali, sam rushdie, sam shamoon, dr nabeel, son of hamas, the growing number of anti islam Bangladeshi bloggers(you muslims killed 5 last year by the way).. are already criticizing Islam,,

lol.. Isreal is the medicine middleeast muslims need. thanks to israel, there is something good in the middle east and Christians can go to without fear of harassment

do u know why nobody cares about Palestine,, let me educate you on a little history..

1.Jordan once helped Palestinians, housed and fed them and do u know how they thanked the Jordanian king; they tried to assassinate him and take over the country and he expelled them after he survived the assassination organized by the PLO.

2.Egypt tried to help Palestinians and made peace with Israel to show they are ready to move past religious differences guess what, you muslims assassinated the president, one of the few muslim nobel peace prize recipient Anwar Sadat , the 3rd president of israel.

3.Syria accepted Palestinians (who are mostly sunni muslims)and refused to make peace with israel and guess what, Syria is a failed country.. sunni muslims revolted and tried to topple the government of his son president al saad.

it seems every where the Palestinians go they cause problems for the countries.. dont you agree.

however israel is a blessing to countries that accept them because of their intelligence and inventiveness.

let me explain

Since the Nobel prize was first awarded in 1901 approximately 193 of the 855 honorees have been Jewish (22% of all winners). Jews make up less than 0.2% of the global population that is 17million of the worlds 6billion people. that's right, one fifth of one percent.

Overall, Jews have won a total of 41% of all the Nobel Prizes in economics, 28% of medicine, 26% of Physics, 19% of Chemistry, 13% of Literature and 9% of all peace awards. Maybe that is what God meant by chosen people.

65.4 % of Nobel Prizes Laureates, have identified with Christianity Overall, Christians have won a total of 78.3% of all the Nobel Prizes in Peace, i wonder why? Maybe it has something to do with the instruction from Christ which says love thy neighbour...

Also Bare in mind when compared with the numbers for jews and adjusted for laureate per religious affiliation, christains still have a lot to do to come close to the Jews.

Now let's look at the muslims,
Islam is the second largest religion in the world, with 1.5 billion Muslims and at least 10 percent of that number are blood thirsty devout Muslim jihadists according to several estimates. so far Muslims have produced only 11 Nobel Prize winners... 7 for peace.. This leaves 4 for contribution to human knowledge compare that to almost 200 by Jews. this is so tiny a number that it is almost unbelievable. .the latest Muslim was malala who won the Nobel peace prize after getting shot in the head by a devout Muslim.
http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/List_of_Muslim_Nobel_laureates

There are millions of israeli christians, Arab christians, Ethiopian christians of jewish heritage and jewish Christians LIVING in ISRAEL. apparently u dont know this.

but that is not the reason i support israel.. here let me tell you

[b]1. ISRAEL is the only country in the middle east where the christian population is NOT goin extinct. .

2. Virtually all islamic countries persecute christians in one way or the other eg..Malaysia burns christian bibles on a regular basis, banned arab christians from using the arabic name for God. closes down churches,

iran, saudi, Pakistan, afgan etc have christians regularly imprisoned or murdered for preaching to muslims or gathering for prayers without permission etc

3. The world does not need another bigot islamic country.

4. The hamas Palestinians love so much are NO different from ISIS except that they have far less weapons and are put in check by israeli military. .

5. Islamic countries force christians to pay the exorbitant Jizyah tax as a way to shame them and frustrate them to convert to islam. .Palestine will do the same..

6. Israel has contributed more to theology, sciences, art and humanity in general than all the islamic countries combined. .

7. Islamic countries kill atheists. Palestine will do the same.

8. Mohammed swore that jews will be driven out of all muslim lands, muslims claim that israel is on muslim land hence israel remaining in middle east ensures mohammed failed.

9. Israeli Government ensures Christian visit holy sites and are protected when they visit israel despite terrorism activities by Palestinians

10. Israelites/ jews have only one homeland which is israel..a tiny desert land they have built up for decades while muslims are everywhere producing refugees for the west to feed..

Now the article. .biblically based.

Everything Christians do should be based upon the Biblical text.

Here are solid Bible reasons why Christians should support Israel.

Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed." Point: God has promised to bless the man or nation that blesses the Chosen People. History has proven beyond reasonable doubt that the nations that have blessed the Jewish people have had the blessing of God; the nations that have cursed the Jewish people have experienced the curse of God.

St. Paul recorded in Romans 15:27 "For if the Gentiles have shared in their (the Jews) spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things."
Christians owe a debt of eternal gratitude to the Jewish people for their contributions that gave birth to the Christian faith. Jesus Christ, a prominent Rabbi from Nazareth said, "Salvation is of the Jews!" (St. John 4:22) consider what the Jewish people have given to Christianity:
The Sacred Scripture
The Prophets
The Patriarchs
Mary, Joseph, and Jesus Christ of Nazareth
The Twelve Disciples
The Apostles

It is not possible to say, "I am a Christian" and not love the Jewish people. The Bible teaches that love is not what you say, but what you do. (1 John 3:18) "A bell is not a bell until you ring it, a song is not a song until you sing it, love is not love until you share it."
While some Christians try to deny the connection between Jesus of Nazareth and the Jews of the world, Jesus never denied his Jewishness. He was born Jewish, He was circumcised on the eighth day in keeping with Jewish tradition, He had his Bar Mitzvah on his 13th birthday, He kept the law of Moses, He wore the Prayer Shawl Moses commanded all Jewish men to wear, He died on a cross with an inscription over His head, "King of the Jews!

Jesus considered the Jewish people His family. Jesus said (Matthew 25:40) "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren (the Jewish people… Gentiles were never called His brethren), ye have done it unto me.
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love thee." (Psalm 122:6) the scriptural principle of prosperity is tied to blessing Israel and the city of Jerusalem.

Why did Jesus Christ go to the house of Cornelius in Capernaum and heal his servant, which was ready to die? What logic did the Jewish elders use with Jesus to convince Him to come into the house of a Gentile and perform a miracle?

The logic they used is recorded in Luke 7:5; "For He loveth our nation, and He hath built us a synagogue." The message? This Gentile deserves the blessing of God because he loves our nation and has done something practical to bless the Jewish people.
Why did God the Father select the house of Cornelius in Caesarea (Acts Chapter 10) to be the first Gentile house in Israel to receive the Gospel? The answer is given repeatedly in Acts 10.
Acts 10:2 "a devout man, (Cornelius) and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always." Who were the people to whom Cornelius gave these alms? They were the Jews
Again is Acts 10:4 "… thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God."
Again in Acts 10:31 "… and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God."

The point is made three times in the same chapter. A godly Gentile who expressed his unconditional love for the Jewish people in a practical manner was divinely selected by heaven to be the first Gentile house to receive the Gospel and the first to receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

These combined Scriptures verify that PROSPERITY (Genesis 12:3 and Psalm 122:6), HEALING (Luke 7:1-5) and the OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT came first to Gentiles that blessed the Jewish people and the nation of Israel in a practical manner.

We support Israel because all other nations were created by an act of men, but Israel was created by an act of God..

The Royal Land Grant that was given to Abraham and his seed through Isaac and Jacob with an everlasting and unconditional covenant. (Genesis 12:1-3, 13:14-18, 15:1-21, 17:4-8, 22:15-18, 26:1-5 and Psalm 89:28-37.)

[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by Demmzy15(m): 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Keep quiet grin
Why?? grin grin

Parisbookaddict I'll reply your post, no need to flex unnecessary muscles. OK?! grin grin
Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by parisbookaddict(f): 10:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
fedex01:

its not news that the west is turning away from God.
but this trend is peculiar to europe...its not happening in the US, the USA has a region called the bible belt where you have right wing christian conservatives that believe in their bible and their guns.. The USA is full of its sins and immorality but 78 percent or so are Christians, most islamic countries are 99 percent muslim yet they are full of their immorality eg pedophilia, child marriage, rapes, suicide bombers, stonings and their love for pornography
http://www.salon.com/2015/01/15/why_porn_is_exploding_in_the_middle_east_partner/
http://tribune.com.pk/story/823696/pakistan-tops-list-of-most-porn-searching-countries-google/

Europeans are increasingly secular and alot of churches are closing down(its been going on for decades), muslims are trooping in to europe in record numbers and that is their punishment. if they fail to bow to the God above(Christ) they will bow to the one below(Allah)..

Go to france, UK, denmark, germany and see the havoc Muslims are causing. following commands like ;
Q2:216
"Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not"

really..? so islam is influential because islam countries like pakistan have nuclear weapons.. i guess u have a point.. the pedophile prophet of islam always encouraged fighting, jihad and murder.

Quran 8:12
"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve.
Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Qur'an (3:28)-"Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah:except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them..."

Actually most of the western world is founded on christian principles BUT Christianity is not interested in politics that is why there is a separation of church and state in all the western countries.

In john 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm."

christians are not interested in forming christian countries because Christ makes it clear his kingdom is greater than this.

islam on the other hand is a pseudo-religious totalitarian Fascist political cult and that is why there are over 50 Islamic republics which are mostly terrible places to live eg Afghanistan, iraq, somalia, yemen, saudi arabia, syria, Libya, tunisa , egypt, turkey etc which experience suicide bombing almost on a weekly basis.

really, and yet muslim refugees run away from gulf states and other islamic states and head to Europe where they can get away from the madness that is the muslim dominated middle east... by the way what do u mean by global influence, do you mean the government of saudi Arabia who kisses america's butt and obeys it like a trained animal..

wow u are very bad in maths arent you?

islam has approximately 1.5billion followers and not 2billion and it was founded in 1400AD, 600 years after Christ,

christians are slightly over 2billion, catholic christians alone are 1.2billion, and was founded 2000 years ago..

islam has managed to grow relatively fast becasue of
1. muslims kill apostates their are millions of muslims who pretend to be muslims until they can escape the middle east.
2. muslims kill christian evangelistis in th e middle east, it has done so for 1400 years
3. muslims perform forced conversion of people
4. mulsims do not allow fredom of religion
5. muslims practise polygamy and bigamy
6. many middle east islamic countries have a rape culture and have rape gangs
7. muslims perform lesser jihad (physical jihad) which calls for the murder of "infidels" until they convert to islam, or pay jizyah
8. the exorbitant jizyah tax on non-muslims

the reasons why islam should be the largest religion is numerous but alas it is not, darkness can never subdue light..
The only people Muslims love killing more than Christians is other muslims, muslims have killed themselves for 1400 years and help to drastically reduce their population.. till this day the pkk kurds, ISIS, salafi sunni extremists , hezbolla, the taliban, BH, the saudi and iran governments etc are killing muslims more than any US war can.

cc Demmzy15 IdisuleOurOwn

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa by fedex01: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran. These are countries that base their law on islam. Yet these countries have poverty, poor human rights records and poor women's rights records. (Iran is improving on their women's rights small sha)

Popularity of a religion does not translate to authenticity or correctness of the religion.

Even by popularity, there will still be more christians than muslims in 50 years to come.

Atheism is exploding in Saudi Arabia, so be careful. wink

Sister (presuming your a lady), you aren't getting my point somehow.

christianity is no way near more popular than Islam. We are NOT counting "nominal" numbers. For example, in America (where I live btw right now), the majority of "christians" are not christ followers. They don't even believe in Christ. For them, since their parents were christians--they get 'registered' as christians. These "christians" don't read or care about bible..and they drink, do drugs, sex before marriage is normal, don't pray, don't believe in God, and even celebrate Christmas as a "cultural" holiday. Yet these irrelegious/non-believing people get registered as 'christians' because of their parents' registration with local churches and due to cultural reasons.

It becomes quite clear than these people aren't christians when we look at actual data.

For example, did you know that majority of kids born in America are born out-of-wedlock? Yes, majority of kids in a country of 300 million!! In American media, making fun of christianity is normal. christianity is banned from public schools and life. Nobody likes to identify with it openly. In essence, nobody really cares for it (or for god).

There are parts of America where christians are present (actual christians who try to take it seriously)--but those parts are a small minority.

Similar situation can be found in Americas, and Europe. So no, christianity isn't more popular than Islam. Majority of "christians" in Latin Americas, Europe, and United States/Canada are not christian but they get registered as such due to cultural reasons. That's why none of the countries in the world even have bible or christianity in their construction. Because the populations of these nations aren't christian to be begin with. They are atheists with christian culture (they celebrate christmas, have european background and so on).

Islam on the other hand is respected and practiced by vast majority of populations across the Islamic World. Moreover, there are tens of Islamic countries in the world where Islam is the basis of constitution and so on. It is because Islam is practiced by these populations and they want Islam to be at the center of their lives since they are Muslims. Majority of "christians" would laugh at the idea of having christianity/bible at the center of their life--because they don't believe these mythical bullsh!ts.

And sorry, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia aren't poor countries lol. They are technologically far ahead to Nigeria and are much, much more modern and developed than sub Saharan Africa. Islamic Middle-East (GCC) are one of the richest and most developed places on entire Earth!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Temple of YHVH Almighty / See Those Who Mocked God / Jesus Showed Me The Souls Of The Dead That Were Captured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.