Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari (39064 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos / We Are Igbos- Dakuku Peterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by cheruv: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
DiademSh07:

LOL!
But let me ask you, why would the Oyigbo people run away from the land during the civil war, if it were really their ancestral land? After all, they weren't the only ibo speaking people in River state yet the moment the civil war started, they ran back to Abia state, where they came from and only few stayed back!
The joke is on you ibos!
Guy the fallacies you're spreading here is getting too much... Pls back up the claim that southern ndokis fled from obigbo during the war? angry
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by tonychristopher: 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Nzikomndu. Meka.

I saw someone posting something about Asari. Let them know that Asari like everyother person is entitled to his opinion. Also his opinion isnt binding on anyone. He can speak at best for Kalabari and it ends there. We have chosen how we want to be identified and only our opinion counts on that matter.
Do you realize that as you advance your senility is advancing

Can you tell me what make ikwerre not to be igbo
My uncle is an ikwerre man and he says he is igbo
Now before you jump out

He is from elele miri ....toward fr.ede prayer ground

Waiting
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by DiademSh07: 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
cheruv:

Guy the fallacies you're spreading here is getting too much... Pls back up the claim that southern ndokis fled from obigbo during the war? angry
Dey there dey ask yeye question!
The abandoned house get owner?
Yeye!
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by tonychristopher: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
DiademSh07:

Bring it on!
Yeye!

Have grown past that stage
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by cheruv: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Rose2014:

Are we really third world? Look at Ghana with constant electricity n progressing small small in other areas. That's the definition of third world. While we're busy owing 13months salary, no light, no road, no economic direction in place, no security,no jobs, no human right, no hospitals, no clean water, depending on oil n looting the funds from it, degraded environment etc.
I'm of the opinion that Nigeria is just doing attaché by force to other third world countries
Obara Yeshua shocked
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by cheruv: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
DiademSh07:

Yeye!
Biko si ebe a puo! angry
O doro anya na i jighi okwu...ihe i biara bu ime mkpotu ka anyi hu gi undecided
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by DiademSh07: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
cheruv:

Biko si ebe a puo! angry
O doro anya na i jighi okwu...ihe i biara bu ime mkpotu ka anyi hu gi undecided
You dey kabash?
LOL!
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
DiademSh07:

Yeye!
hahahahahahahaha...
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Rose2014: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
ColeworldMD:
so what Same way u say everyone from the north is Hausa and everyone from west is Yoruba. That's the norm in Nigeria. It's not the same when you talk about creating ur own country. Do you know that Yaradua, Atiku & Buhari are all Fulani not Hausa. I bet you didn't know that either.
Please let's speak with facts. Gone are those days when you have a "Truck Pusher" tell you stories about how Aso Rock is only made of rocks. Pls a little bit of googling won't hurt. Thank you.

Ok professor. Thanks for the free education
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
tonychristopher:

Do you realize that as you advance your senility is advancing

Can you tell me what make ikwerre not to be igbo
My uncle is an ikwerre man and he says he is igbo
Now before you jump out

He is from elele miri ....toward fr.ede prayer ground

Waiting

It is not elele miri .... it is elele ali mini....
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
DiademSh07:

Yeye!

This shows that you are very ignorant of what you have been saying all along.
The abandoned property saga you want to refer to never happened in oyigbo.....
Please back off. You don't even know River State.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by tonychristopher: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
mechy:

And what is the difference
They are the same thing

We don't mini but miri

So why make mountain out of anthill
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Rose2014: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
DiademSh07:

That aint compared to the suyanization of ibos at the hand of Igala in Agulari! LOL!

So you're even Yoruba? And you've bn running up n down this thread. Mtchew
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by HopeAtHand: 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Rose2014:

I'm of the opinion that Nigeria is just doing attaché by force to other third world countries

@bolded.. u just described the Igbo.

The Igbos are defined as a tribe that attaches themselves by force on ethnicities that arent interested in any kind of brotherhood with them.

it only leaves one explanation. And that is desperation.

The question now is , what is the reason why Igbos desperately need Ikwerres to be on their side?? food for thut.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by DiademSh07: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Rose2014:

Before nkor?
Wetin you wan make I be?
I be Yoruba tokan tokan! Love my tribe like kilode!
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by bigfrancis21: 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
mechy:

The Ikas use 'Ali' for 'land'. The word is not exclusive to the Ikwerres. Ali is just a dialectical variant of 'Ani' as used in the north of Igboland. Some communities in Anambra/Delta Igbo use 'Ani' while some communities in the south use 'Ali' instead, the l/n dialectical feature being a part of the Igbo language as can be seen in other words such as enu/elu, Ana/Ala, nine/niile. 'Mini', used for 'water' is not exclusive to the Ikwerres neither. Does it surprise you that there is an Azumini place in Abia state? The Nsukka people say 'mmunyi' or 'mminyi' for water.

Ikwerre is simply one of the diverse multiple dialects that make the Igbo continuum.

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

The Igbos are defined as a tribe that attaches themselves by force on ethnicities that arent interested in any kind of brotherhood with them.

The question now is , what is the reason why Igbos desperately need Ikwerres to be on their side?? food for thut.

You get it completely wrong. The brotherhood is already existing from time immemorial. For the fact that you don't believe in it does not make it non-existent. However, Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group, as stipulated by Nigerian Constitution, so is Igbo. This issue has been over-flogged.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
bigfrancis21:

The Ikas use 'Ali' for 'land'. The word is not exclusive to the Ikwerres. Ali is just a dialectical variant of 'Ani' as used in the north of Igboland. Some communities in Anambra/Delta Igbo use 'Ani' while some communities in the south use 'Ali' instead, the l/n dialectical feature being a part of the Igbo language as can be seen in other words such as enu/elu, Ana/Ala, nine/niile. 'Mini', used for 'water' is not exclusive to the Ikwerres neither. Does it surprise you that there is an Azumini place in Abia state? The Nsukka people say 'mmunyi' or 'mminyi' for water.

Ikwerre is simply one of the diverse multiple dialects that make the Igbo continuum.

Agreed. We also say mini in my community. And we greet nda, in response, odimma. Ikwerre say nda, oburoma in response.... there are lot of similarities in both languages. However, I respect their wish to be excluded from the greater igbo nation. Except otherwise. It is not by force.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by bigfrancis21: 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
mechy:

Agreed. We also say mini in my community. And we greet nda, in response, odimma. Ikwerre say nda, oburoma in response.... there are lot of similarities in both languages. However, I respect their wish to be excluded from the greater igbo nation. Except otherwise. It is not by force.

And where are you from?

Nda is quite used in so many communities in Igboland, especially in Ebonyi state too and some communities in Anambra state.

@bold...that statement is not conclusive. Some members of the Ikwerre community identify as Igbos, while some do not. In cases like this, a memorandum is often held and the majority decides the final outcome. Linguistically, Ikwerres are classified as Igbo just as English language is classified as a Germanic language.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
bigfrancis21:

And where are you from?

Nda is quite used in so many communities in Igboland, especially in Ebonyi state too and some communities in Anambra state.

@bold...that statement is not conclusive. Some members of the Ikwerre community identify as Igbos, while some do not. In cases like this, a memorandum is often held and the majority decides the final outcome. Linguistically, Ikwerres are classified as Igbo just as English language is classified as a Germanic language.

I am from Ivo LGA (Akaeze) in Ebonyi State. Do you mean a referendum? Ikwerre could be classified as Igbos culturally and linguistically, but constitutionally, they are not. My wife is an Ikwerre woman.... So I know what I'm saying bro.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Rose2014: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I could care less about Ikwere or no ikwere
The whole point of this thread is that you guys said there are no Igbos in SS.

Why are you guys desperately bullying Igbos in SS to accept they don't exist?

Stay on topic biko

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Afam4eva(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
mechy:

I am from Ivo LGA (Akaeze) in Ebonyi State. Do you mean a referendum? Ikwerre could be classified as Igbos culturally and linguistically, but constitutionally, they are not. My wife is an Ikwerre woman.... So I know what I'm saying bro.
Igbos don't understand how far gone Ikwerres are. Their awareness is more than what you can imagine, so imagining them under the Igbo umbrella is almost impossible. The best you can get from the Ikwerre is one of brother like can be seen in the Iberian peninsula which is shared by the Spanish and Portuguese. An Ikwerre man can listen to Oliver de Coque and Osage be more than a man from Onitsha

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by tonychristopher: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
Rose2014:

You don't know these people from that side....they can be funny
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by chiefobdk(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Candyrain:

Otete go nura?
mbu onye.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by chiefobdk(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Candyrain:

Otete go nura?
mbu onye. ?
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by bigfrancis21: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
mechy:

Yea, I meant referendum.

I have no issue with what you are saying but where my problem lies is in your over-generalization of all Ikwerres not wanting to be Igbo. You shouldn't generalize your wife's insistence to all Ikwerres. I suppose she still tells you she is not Igbo even when she is married to an Igbo person? Some of them do agree they are Igbo. What would you do about them? Go ahead and classify them as non-Igbo against their wish? It is in cases like this that a referendum is necessary. The majority of the vote decides the status quo.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Yea, I meant referendum.

I have no issue with what you are saying but where my problem lies is in your over-generalization of all Ikwerres not wanting to be Igbo. You shouldn't generalize your wife's insistence to all Ikwerres. I suppose she still tells you she is not Igbo even when she is married to an Igbo person? Some of them do agree they are Igbo. What would you do about them? Go ahead and classify them as non-Igbo against their wish? It is in cases like this that a referendum is necessary. The majority of the vote decides the status quo.

I am not over-generalization. Yes, there are Ikwerre who accept to be tagged Igbos. But please, get my point: this is only on the sphere of language and culture, and not by constitutionality. By Nigerian constitution, Ikwerre is a separate ethnic group from Igbo. that is what I mean.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Rose2014: 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
tonychristopher:

You don't know these people from that side....they can be funny

Can u imagine we've bn here arguing with a Yoruba guy about Igbos in SS
How desperate can they be?
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by bigfrancis21: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
mechy:

I am not over-generalization. Yes, there are Ikwerre who accept to be tagged Igbos. But please, get my point: this is only on the sphere of language and culture, and not by constitutionality. By Nigerian constitution, Ikwerre is a separate ethnic group from Igbo. that is what I mean.

The Ikwerre might be regarded as a separate ethnicity by the Nigerian constitution that so wished it to be so. By granting the Ikwerres, by virtue of their natural crude oil, the recognition of a separate identity, they court favour with the Ikwerres and vice versa. This newfound relationship was necessary to exert full dominance over their area with little resistance as possible while granting the Ikwerres the 'separate identity' that they craved for. It is a political game.

That the Ikwerres are granted a separate identity by the Nigerian constitution does not mean it would remain so should a new constitution come to place. In recent times I have noticed what seems to be a growing Igbo consciousness amongst these Igbo-denying areas such as Ikwerre, Ika, Ndokwa etc. I have seen some of these people come out in recent times to proclaim they are Igbo. The most likely factor of this being the recent decline in oil prices, the general turnout of the last elections held in 2015 which showed that Nigeria is still evenly divided between North and south, the North-West gang up and SE-SS gang up, and the sad but ultimate realization that they are losing their once robust friendship and favour with the Nigerian government and other Nigerians as Nigeria moves from its sole dependence on crude oil to diversification of its economy. Some have realized that it is only but a game of politics all along and they have only been pawns in the hands of the Nigerian government all along. 2 years back, some scots had agitated to leave the UK, and some wanted to remain in. The outcome seemed to be a tie between both choices until a referendum was held and the majority vote chose to be UK citizens and remain in the UK. Such a referendum could be done in such a situation like this to decide what the majority of the Ikwerre people want to be. Similarly, such referendum could be held for the Southern Nigerian area to decide who wants to be a part of a new country or not.

Like I once mentioned to someone before, state boundaries are only but artificial lines and many people in the country seem to mainly follow the identity of their state. Dissolve Rivers state today, re-assign each tribe to different other states and watch them over the years assume the new identity of their state. The whole game of identity is not as solid as you think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by Rose2014: 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
[quote author=DiademSh07 post=41655370]
Before nkor?
Wetin you wan make I be?
I be Yoruba tokan tokan! Love my tribe like kilode![/quote]

I would think u'd focus on it's affairs but alas you seem to love us more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by millionaireman: 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I saw it. I still can't find anything incriminating. grin

He said SS tribes are distinct, perhaps you guys should have restricted your argument to Delta North. I see no ambiguity kiss

@Barca.

There may be more than 40 million Igbos on earth today that no Igbo shall see any sense in making non-Igbos in the south south answer Igbos.

What Igbos struggle for today is to free Igbo land from the clutches of underdevelopment that has plagued Nigeria. The plague has denied the south south and southeast commensurate development vis a vis the amount of mineral resources obtained by Nigeria from these two areas, more so, from your south south areas.

But for Igbo to easily free itself from the plague of one Nigeria, it has to work in concert with the south south areas.

Look closely, the south south is worse hit by the plague of one Nigeria. Many affluent south south people now have to relocate to Abuja owing to environmental degredation. The homeland of the Barcas of south south must be secured with reversal of the environmental degradation. With Nigeria ongoin, that never gonna happen.

Any new nation for the SS and SE is never about Igbos having access to whatever proceeds from the south south resources. After all, it's believed that such a nation shall be governed with fiscal federalism.
You must be aware that the Adamu Ciromas and El-Rufais have been labouring to yank off the 13% paid to mineral-producing areas. They contend that 13% paid makes some regions richer than the north. It's quite easy to reverse the 13% pay off, no matter the Supreme court's earlier decision on it.

One finds it hard to understand why some enlightened people in the south south still want to be victims of the Divide-And-Rule Tactics of Nigerian groups outside the old south east region, a tactic they have used to practically make your living abode, as well as that of the SE nearly uninhabitable from pollution and uncontrolled erosion.

Please stop encouraging division of people in the old south east region. It brings no group in the region any good.
Re: There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari by 247notire(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
smiley ....Happy New Year to my e-family, the extended Nairaland Family, Seun, Lalasticlala and all level headed mods
Shymm3x , fx45, tpiander , mazeltov,
debinile, tpiarh11 , Alero3Arubi , Truckpusher, BishopMagic , MizMyColi, udondeymadt, Davehunk,247notire, puntertim,
Freemanan, Nuzo1, TonyeBarcanista,
SonOfEl, tblaze007, IbnSultaan,
stevecantrell , Billyonaire, 2SWT,
bigfrancis21 and my lovers on Nairaland... Salute
Happy new year sweerie! Bigger blessings ahead!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

APC Tweet About Linda Ikpeazu 'Pretty Female' That Set Twitter On Fire / BBNaija: Governor Wike Appreciates Tacha For Mentioning Him In Her Presentation / Dino Melaye Beats Smart Adeyemi In Mopamuro LGA, Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.