Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears (13964 Views)

Tales Of Abigail / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
Missmossy:
Aww such an interesting piece.

Keep the fire burning. Kudos.

thanks ma...more updates coming soon...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by obianuju95: 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
wazupguy:

keep it coming am at ur back
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
obianuju95:
keep it coming am at ur back
I sight you Miss Uju...thanks
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Missmossy:
Aww such an interesting piece. Keep the fire burning. Kudos.
Hmmm..its really awww o...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Missmossy(f): 9:11am On Jan 28, 2016
joanee20:

Hmmm..its really awww o...
Hehehe naa cheesy
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Missmossy(f): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2016
wazupguy:

Expecting more o. You are welcome.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
Waiting for the soon to come update patiently
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
One evening I was with my mother as usual. I did not know when I started sobbing. Soon I started talking narrating everything that happened. it felt refreshing in that she was not hearing me and she is my mother even if she was alive she would believe me. oh my head my mother murmured; I quickly wiped the tears off my face and rushed to her . mummy! Mummy! You are awake Doctor!! Doctor!! I kept shouting. I contain the joy. the doctor and the nurse came in few mintues later , he started performing several checks on her and coupled with several questions. But my mother kept saying: "where am i" "Who are you"..I ran out of the corner were I was in agigtation. Mummy I'm here its me jumoke I said. I noticed that my mother wore this scarcastic look as i introduced myself which was awkward. I was stunned.

The doctor suggested that the nurse took me to his office Whilst he performed some test on my mother. As I left the ward my wore a long face like as if she was lost. we were few steps away when the doctor called: Nurse Brenda! she turned back and told me to stayed put whilst she answered the doctor. She was out I seconds and caught up with wearing a smile. I noticed a tag on her breast pocket with the name the called her with, and I looked around and I saw the same on other nurses as we walked down the hall.

When we got to a doorstep we stopped, Nurse Brenda opened the door as I walked I noticed a tag at the top of the door it read "Chief Medical Doctor" beneath it was "Doctor Steven". She offered me a seat and brought a bowl of cookies and handed it over to me. She went to the office desk and was searching through the drawers. she brought out a brown file. I could see my mother's passport at the edge of the file. She opened it, flipped the pages for a while, closed and carried it along as she left. I was there holding the bowl of cookies, I did not know what to do with it because I hadnt the appeptite even though it was pleasant to the eyes. I was more concerned with the situation of my mother.

Doctor Steven entered the office few minutes later with the same file Nurse Brenda had carried out the other time. I got up and greeted him, he replied smiling and we exchanged pleasantries. He sat down took the remote and switched on the television i guess that was for me. He soon picked up the landline on his desk, he punched the keys recurrently and held it to his ear. Hello, good day! can you put me through to Mr Debo please he said; as i heard those words i fidgeted. Why is he calling him i thought!! I hope he his not gonna tell him to come pick me? I did not wait to draw up my thoughts. I went to leave but i remained calm to hear what he wanted to tell him. Hello, oh Mr Debo please I don't know if it will be possible for you to come over to the hospital today?? As I heard that I got up signaled Doctor Steven that I was coming. He waved at me in affirmation and left abruptly.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Rukkydelta(f): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Very interesting story
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Very interesting story
thanks Miss.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
I had no destination of where I was going but I kept wandering the hall way. I did not want to see my uncle, his presence irriates me. I had walked awhile and I noticed I walked back to where I started. Where I stood I could see Nurse Brenda, so I rushed up to her and pleaded if she could direct me to where my mother was. She took me by my hand and took me there. I noticed she was resting but as we entered she woke up.

She sat upright, I smiled. I noticed she did not smile back but instead looked at me sarcastically. she called Nurse Brenda, she drew her close and whispered to her. Nurse Brenda waved to me to come over. As I drew close she kept giving me this skeptical and yet sarcastical look.

It was becoming awkward. It became worse when she said; Nurse Brenda told me that you are my daughter, what is your name? I was flabbergasted. I ran out in tears. I was sobbing in the loo when Nurse Brenda came to me and consoled me. She explained to me the situation of my mother's health. I still couldnt believe that my mother had lost her memory after the ordeal with those bandits.

I and Nurse Brenda went back to meet my mother. As we entered i noticed my mother smiling faintly it was welcoming. She told me to come sit by her.

Mother: this is kindof awkward and strange for me. Waking up here on this bed, the doctor telling me that i had been shot and that i have been in coma for a long time. Plus you again. I wish i could remember anything even if its the memory of you *sobs*

I pited her situation, and tried to encourage her. Despite she had lost her memory I still felt that deep inside that things will change for the better. Soon we started chatting, talking to her felt like I was meeting someone new. she asked alot of questions about me and also about herself. It was fun and refreshing.

We were still chatting when I noticed my uncle through window discussing with Doctor Steven. Soon they came into where i and my mother was. I got up from where I was sitting agitatedly. The doctor went to my mother, he fixed his sthetoscope and checked her heart beat. He further checked her eyes. I stood a few steps from my uncle, I thought about leaving but he was at the doorstep and going out with him standing there will be awkward. What was more awkward was when Doctor Steven left. I threw my face away. As he went to meet my mother I sneaked out to avoid a conversation between the three of us.

After the ordeal with my uncle barely slept at his house instead I stayed with my mother at the hospital whenever it was morning I will go home and pprepare for school and whenever I got back I quickly do house chores and run off. One night, I was sleeping the hospital, I heard a tap on my shoulder. I got up abruptly, it took seconds for me to see clearly because the rays of the fluorescent light was sharp. It was Nurse Brenda.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
wink
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
hmmm@joanee20
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nurse Brenda: jumoke, are not going home.
Jumoke : I will, I am waiting for my uncle to pick me up.
Nurse Brenda: But I see you sleep every evening and i see you leaving every morning..
Oh she caught me...I did not know how to reply that so I quickly formed something in my head.
Jumoke: my mother said I should stay with her..
Nurse Brenda: hmmm, and your uncle agrees with this?
Jumoke: Yes!! *nodding my head*
Nurse Brenda: Okay..but I will ask him..just you know you are not allowed to sleep here. Just take note..she said and left.

Late into the night I was pressed. So I went to ease myself. As I walk down the hall way, I heard a scream. I was frightened, so I stopped and bent down. i listened closely, the voice was coming few steps away from where I was. So I crept slowly, as i got to close to where the screaming was coming from it became loud and abit distressing.

As I listened closely, I noticed the voice. It was my mother. I got up quickly and doubled up to her. When I got into her room she was screaming helplessly
So i went to her and tapped her. She woke up abruptly, sweating profusely, breathing heavily. She started looking here and there as if she had seen a ghost. I was really scared seeing distressed.

Mummy!! Mummy!! What is wrong? I inquired in fear. But she kept looking hap-harzardly, still breathing heavily. So i yelled at her to calm down. I brought a cup of water for her to drink. Afterwards, she settled down. I told her to go take her bath, she agreed and went into the bathroom which was in the same room. Few mintues later, she came cout looking quite refreshed but still had a sarcastic look that was emblemished with fear.

Jumoke: Mummy, what's wrong?
Mother: I don't know..its a just dream and the dream just seems strange to me. But all I can say is that its very scary...that was confusing, but I did not ask further questions. My mother suggested that i told no one but the development that it should be our first secret. I felt alil bit unsure about that because from the way she screamed there was more to it than she explained. But i agreed as because of the level of confidence that ensued.

After that night, I stayed with my mother always. The nightmare she had continued to occur and we performed the same routine as did the first time. I continued asking her what she saw in her dreams but she did not say much and the little she said wasnt substantial enough. I decided to try something the next night. This time planned on listening carefully to the things she screamed about, if she mentioned any name or the scenario she was in the dream so that I can easily ask her the right questions when she wakes up.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
i go drop anoda update tomao by dis time........
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
Plz read Ur update again n make some corrections..dia som lil errors, thanks for updating
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
thanks for reading....
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by ammy4id: 7:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice one here, you realt touch my inner feeling, sometimes when you read some story here you feel like der will not be any story like dat again but wen I come across dis I believe does story ar just a starting Point. Ride on wazupguy you are making sense die
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
ammy4id:
Nice one here, you realt touch my inner feeling, sometimes when you read some story here you feel like der will not be any story like dat again but wen I come across dis I believe does story ar just a starting Point. Ride on wazupguy you are making sense die
thanks I really appreciate your comment
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Exams was fast approaching, if i were to ask how prepared i was for the exam i will rate myself 50 out of 100. That was not bad or good but i was not satisfied with my preparation. One afternoon, i was returning from school. I was few steps away from home when I saw uncle coming out of the house with some people. I quickly hid myself behind a tree. i noticed they were three men. One was short, with a bald head and he had this canopy of moustache on his mouth. The other two were huge, one was wearing a dark shade and wearing dreadlock on his head, the other seemed familiar.

I had seen this face before, his complexion the way he looked sternly here and there. I need not be told that he was with the other lady that shot my mother some time ago. I became terrified where i was. I did not know what to do. Either to go straight to the police station and report that i have found the who tried to kill me and nearly killed my mother. Many thought swept through my mind, I was confused very skeptical about what to do.

Still at the position where i was hiding, I noticed my uncle trying with the short man. But the short man was not seeming to give my uncle a listening ear as he walked away to his car. The other huge man with the shade opened the door for the short man and i assumed he was their boss. Before he entered he turned to my uncle who was already on his knees. He said something to him which i could not hear due to distance and entered his car. The drove off leaving my uncle on that spot. He got up abruptly and went in.

I still stood where I was. i thought of going back to the hospital, as i activated the idea with a step i heard the sound of a car driving out i crept back to where i was hiding. It was my uncle's car. The way he drove out of the garage was really aggressive the way "" drove in fast and furious. I saw him drive very fast past me. That was disturbing. Infact the whole scenario was disturbing and i knew he was unto something that was going to be extremely bad.

I quickly rushed to the house took the things Ineede and left for the hospital. When I got there I bumped into Nurse Brenda. She asked me what I was doing at the hospital. I was stunned by the question and giving her a sacastic reply will be disrespectful of me. What kind of question is that? You know i am always here because of my mother i said jokingly with a faint smile. Your mother?,she replied sacastically. I hope you know your mother has just been discharged and your uncle took her home just not too long before you stepped in she added.

I was shocked. I dropped what I was holding and ran to where room my mother was been treated. As I entered I noticed Someone on the bed but covered with a white cloth. I went further to check. As i raised the cloth the patient woke up Shockingly. It was an old lady. She started shouting out at me calling the doctor and nurses. I quickly fled the crazy old lady. Did I enter the wrong room I thought. I checked the number inscribed on the door. Oh i missed it, my mother was held in room 1022 but i entered 1023.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
This uncle sef na bad man o..
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
u
joanee20:
This uncle sef na bad man o..
the dudt is a real badt nigga..buh the Tory is just gett'n started......
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
I went a few steps backwards, as i approached the room i noticed a Nurse taking out the bed sheets. As i walked in i saw a janitor cleaning the room. I could not find anything that belonged to mt mother in the room. Her beverages, clothes flowers all gone. The room was empty. Still dumbfounded with awe a Nurse walked in unnoticed to me. She tapped me on my shoulder, still looking surprised she asked me what I was looking for. I did not reply her, i just left.

At this point i was scared about my mother in the hands of the man who raped me.What do i do?? My mother was all I have I had left, and the situation that she is in was not good. A lost memory and now nightmares plus being in the hands of Uncle debo. I stood up from where I was sitting and started running home.

As I approached the door I brought out my keys, but the door was unlocked. I opened it and went inside. Everywhere the house was quiet. I saw my mother's bag on the floor. As i took few steps further, i heard some voices but still unclear though. So i moved closer to the voice was coming from. It was my room. As I got closer the coice was becoming clearer, i could hear my mother laugh aloud and my uncle talking.

I stood close to the door with ear glued to it to hear what they were discussing. But unnoticed to me the door was not jammed so my weight was too much that I opened the door stummbling to the ground. I got up quickly wearing tight smile. They welcomed me, I was confused not at the way I was ushered in but the chemistry that ensued between my mother and Uncle Debo.

Uncle Debo stood up abruptly;
Uncle Debo: Miss Bola, i have to attend to some business lemme excuse you and Jumoke.
Mother(Miss Bola): Okay Dear.
Seriously! Miss bola the only perso that last called my mother by her name was my late father and "okay Dear" how come? How did this happen? these were the questions running through my mind sporadically. I was flabbergasted. As my uncle left he winked at me. Hmmmm, that was when i knew he was unto something.

My mother called me to come sit by her. I went to her wearing this sarcastic look. She asked what was wrong I said "nothing" and wore a tight smile. I told her I was surprised that she had been discharged considering her health condition. She told me not to worry that my uncle said she is better and they also knew about nightmares. "The nightmares" i said shockingly; how did they know about that? I just dont know; mother replied. I was as suprised as you are right now when they told me mother added.

Jumoke: So discharging you was the best option? So what medical care his he going to offer you as you are here?
Mother: Doctor Steven promised to come every week to checkup on me. And he also said that you need to be close to me at all times.
I was confused and skeptical because all my mother said still did not add up. My uncle was in to something but I wasn't clear what he was planning but I was going to find out and protect my mother at all cost.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by saraphina(f): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
this your story dey sweet me ooo.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
saraphina:
this your story dey sweet me ooo.
awww thanks dear..its just getting started just chillex enjoy and do invite ya frnds over to occupy the empty seats..abi na only you wan enjoy d sweetness of the tory*lol
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by saraphina(f): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
wazupguy:

awww thanks dear..its just getting started just chillex enjoy and do invite ya frnds over to occupy the empty seats..abi na only you wan enjoy d sweetness of the tory*lol
will sure invite my friends but it will on a condition...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by saraphina(f): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
wazupguy:

will sure invite my friends but it will be on a condition...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
saraphina:
will sure invite my friends but it will be on a condition...
wah condition??
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by saraphina(f): 8:22am On Feb 02, 2016
wazupguy:
wah condition??
you wudnt starve us..
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2016
saraphina:
you wudnt starve us..
I will try my possible best not to starve you...one post per day..in the evening BTW 8-9pm...I hope you are okay with that...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 10:25am On Feb 02, 2016
Waiting for u to get started..
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
The ordeal I had with my uncle made very scared of men. Because if my uncle could so much do such abominable act, what will a stranger do to me? I simetimes ask myself why they cannot just seem to control that thing dangling between their legs once it receives a 3G signal. They loose self control like as if they have been hypnotized. But the more I avoided them the more they came. One was more persistent and consistent.

Jide Smith, the Mister Handsome of the school. He has this beautiful smile wrapped with dimples. And when he talks, he doesn't fidget, his voice is bold with strong confidence and to top it all he tall and well built for his age. I remember the first time we bumed into each other, I was knocked off balance because he was just like an ace card. I was juat stuttering during the five minutes conversation that looked like five hours. And since then he has been stalking me. As much as I don't like it and have warned him on countless occasions to stay away from me.

One amusing thing though about him even though he has gained some level of popularity with his physical features plus coming from a rich home I was expecting him to behave like a "bad nigga" but was well reserved. But "why me" i am not "Miss beauty" and dont possess the rest qualities like him. Stalking was not enough He even went through my friends. I was scared, very much scared not because of him but myself. I am supposed to hate men for Godsakes but "Jide smith" is just impossible. One afternoon, i was having lunch with my girls and gisting you know we girls cannot stay in one place without running our mouths, as they say wherever two or more girls are seated gossip is involved.

We were joyfully gisting when I noticedy friends wear this sacastic look. They werent looking at me thoughbut upwards. I was curious to know who they were staring at then i turned. At first i was stunned but at the same time had this "You Again" look. He greet me, I reluctantly replied his greeting; he further exchanged pleasantries with my friends who were obviously amused by his presence.

Jide: Can I borrow your friend for while *smiling*..I couldn't believe what I saw. My friends were already blushing. They did not just think twice before they sold me out.

Shade: sure, i think i have a class now..
Choima: same as me..but do well to take care of her and please return her in one piece. Very typical of them, i was suprised not with the way they sold me out but it seemed like as if they have been waiting for this moment. Hmmmm, which leaves me with a curious question. Was this a plan work? Well time will tell. I wore a fair smile to play along with Hide and not to seem awkward. He led the way i followed.
Jide: i have something to show you. Sorry, i have been a stubborn boy but just give me just 30minutes of your time and hmmm..dats all he added.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Define "Life" Without Using The Word "A" And "IS" / Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Get Your GRAMMARLY Premium Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.