Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum (54008 Views)

Constituents Vow To Recall Abdulmumini Jibril For Asking Buhari To Resign / Crowd Gathers For Fayose's Rice And N200 / Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum. Premium Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Itulah(m): 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
TheFreeOne:
A Nigerian president to resign via petition is like asking a camel to pass through the eye of a niddle.

Though I will gladly sign any petition to put a strong leash on him from turning a full blown tyrant.

Goto www.change.org click login with Facebook, type Buhari in the search box, you will find this particular writeup. Scroll down and vote.
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by boygirl123(f): 11:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
It's a lie, no good Nigerian wants him to resign. Only criminals want him to. If you want him to resign you need to ask yourself if u aint a criminal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by dvee2: 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Another petition in support of Buhari already has 3 million signatures in one day. Shikena

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
the laws are made for us and not us made for the law.....

they r sounding like the Nigerian court is the only incorrupt and best system in Nigeria. the same court as discharge thieves n imprisoned the weak. actually that decision made me believe more in buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by okwyzo(m): 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
Clerverly:
Eyaa! Just 600...But they need at least 170 Millions Nigerian Signatures, before they will be taken Seriously..

Bunch Of Idiotuus!
what's this one saying? Who are the 170million nigerians? Animal dey wear agbada!
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by sexaddict08(m): 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
fearNORTH:
Please any link to the online voting?...Me and my family need to start voting so as to send the drunken Daura mallam to jail.
Its our civic responsibility to oust this despotic and undemocratic gambari traveller.

dreamer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Zhirinovsky: 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Be careful on what you type next when you qoute "igboland" cos it may be your last
Amein:
Even if the entire Igbo land will vote against him,nothing will shake his pen.Bunch of nobody's.

1 Like

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by megafone: 11:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mtcheww... Abeg, when Rita Dominic go marry?

1 Like

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Itulah(m): 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
fearNORTH:
Please any link to the online voting?...Me and my family need to start voting so as to send the drunken Daura mallam to jail.
Its our civic responsibility to oust this despotic and undemocratic gambari traveller.

Goto www.change.org click login with Facebook, type Buhari in the search box, you will find this particular writeup. Scroll down and vote.
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Hearme(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Pls where are they signing

Supreme Court

1 Like

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by anytexy: 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Demmocrats:

The same Nigerian legal system that cleared former Governor of Delta State James Ibori 170 corruption charges.

"On December 17, 2009, A Federal High Court sitting in Asaba, Delta State, discharged and acquitted Ibori of all 170 charges of corruption brought against him by EFCC"

The same Ibori that was cleared by Nigerian court was convicted by UK court on charges less than ten, Nigerian legal system that has gone to the grounds.

Nigerian legal system that has been designed for the poor to go to the prison but the rich to loot and impoverish the poor.

My Sai Buhari gives no fvck what they say.

Sai Buhari!!!
The same Buhari that said Abacha was not corrupt....
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by poseidon12: 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
I AM LOVING THIS grin grin grin grin

THE IPOD YOUTHS AND AGBAYAS ARE FEELING THE HEAT

THE KNOW IT IS NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL

UNA NEVA SEE ANYTHING

GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN YOU SWINDLE NIGERIANS ANYWAY YOU LIKE

THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!!!

MAI GASKIYA

A MAN YOU CANT FK WITH!

THE SW, PARTS OF THE SS AND THE WHOLE NORTH SUPPORT HIM

UNA GO CRY TIRE grin grin grin grin grin
Clap for yourself. I guess you will be immune to the impending economic hardship Nigerians will be facing in 2016. The Nigerians whose rights are being violated are actually mostly not south easterners (Dasuki, the Shiites).
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by BetterNigeria: 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
[quote author=Splashme post=41592270][size=15pt][b]This is the worst Nigerian president so far.
Nigeria has never been this worse off[/b
u and ur likes dont know anything thats y u talk that way. Sorry for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by poseidon12: 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
boygirl123:
It's a lie, no good Nigerian wants him to resign. Only criminals want him to. If you want him to resign you need to ask yourself if u aint a criminal.

And the "good Nigerians" want him to disobey court orders right?

1 Like

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by yungpowers(m): 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
mymadam:
...“They were simply rearrested after they were released folowing the filing of fresh charges against them...” QED
What are the fresh charges, Mr. President?

1 Like

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by nenergy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
600 signatories in just over 48 hours of being created? Very Poor!!! Try again grin #FunnyCountryMen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by dvee2: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
poseidon12:

Clap for yourself. I guess you will be immune to the impending economic hardship Nigerians will be facing in 2016. The Nigerians whose rights are being violated are actually mostly not south easterners (Dasuki, the Shiites).
Are you talking of the Shiites who GEJ government slaughtered his three children or the Dasuki who is tipped as pdp flagbearer in the next presidential election selected from the north against the marginalised east who are mostly pdp supporters?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Smilelo(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
fearNORTH:

Here is the link
https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-respect-court-orders-or-resign-president-buhari-a6f39a67-b8a7-4d06-915a-59bdc78e847d?recruiter=281420696&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg&fb_ref=Default
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Smilelo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by poseidon12: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
I just signed. Thanks to the petitioner. Nigeria belongs to all of us Nigerians, not to Buhari alone. He must not be allowed to disobey and disrespect the courts. He must respect and obey the constitution.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by banio: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
Let's try ours on NL. If U want PMB to resign click like. If U want PMB to sit tight as President click share
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Smilelo(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by yungpowers(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Clerverly:
Eyaa! Just 600...But they need at least 170 Millions Nigerian Signatures, before they will be taken Seriously..

Bunch Of Idiotuus!
Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Brightology2:
Seconded. I want to vote too
Where were u during the last general elections. Your vote didnt stop him from becoming president so its this silly online petition u are planning to use tk make him resign?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by klax(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Sorry did you mean buhari should resign You must be kidding. Pls and go where President to resign in Nigeria fir detaining looters and a civil war monger You are a joke. Buhari is going nowhere fir these 2 guys no way let whoever want to sign and join the voice carrying on I repeat you are just wasting your time these 2 guys in question deserve no freedom, FACT.

In as much I'm not buhari supporter or apc fan does not mean when buhari do the right thing i won't support him sure I will support him. For Dasuki and Kanu I support buhari decision with full backing 100%. I'm from the east but I will never i repeat I will never ever support anything that will bring bloodshed or civil war again to that region never so I don't bloidy care who a hell is kanu.

600 signature too small go and get more then you will tell ne if buhari won the election with signature or vote. Nonsense!!! Not only signature na signal or signpost una go go get.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by FisifunKododada: 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
haqueurate:
In the capital of biafra

Yes O! The Online Republic of Biafra (ORB) - THE LAND OF THE RISING SCUM.

2 Likes

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by boygirl123(f): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
poseidon12:

And the "good Nigerians" want him to disobey court orders right?
I know where you belong. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by Everfrank(m): 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
The corrupt trying to fight back. Rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by bishoppapi: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
DickDastardly:
An online petition calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign for disobeying court orders to release some high-profile detainees has gathered over 600 signatories in just over 48 hours of being created.
The petition, created by lawyer, Carol Ajie, followed comment by Mr. Buhari that a former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, who is being prosecuted in relation to an alleged misappropriation of $2.1 billion; and the leader of separatist group, Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, despite court orders that they should be freed during last Wednesday Presidential media chat.
So far, the petition has collected 680 signatures out of its 1,000 person target.
“On May 29th 2015, a former Military Dictator, Muhammadu Buhari, sequel to a contested election in March 2015 against a sitting President in Nigeria, the first time in Africa, an incumbent handed power peaceably, smoothly, heroically to a political rival,” the petition posted on Change.org read.
“Whereupon Mr Buhari then took the Oath of Allegiance to protect the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 and the President’s Oath of office to discharge his duties faithfully, in accordance with the Constitution and the Laws of Nigeria.
“Within President Buhari’s first year in office, too soon after he took the revered Oaths, he and state agents acting under his supervision, now demonstrate total lack of respect for Court Orders and at his maiden media chat on Wednesday 30th Dec., instant, Mr President made puerile attempts to justify these breaches, he said inter alia that some persons his regime locked up in cells dehumanized against court orders, Nnamdi Kanu had travelled without his passports.
The petitioner argued that the government should have deported Mr. Kanu or release him after detaining him for a period of not more than seven days instead of holding him indefinitely as stipulated by the Immigration Act or the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

“But under the Immigration Act, the President or the Minister may deport anyone who travels without a valid travel document or detain for a period not exceeding 7 days. In holding Mr. Kanu beyond the required period they have infracted on the Immigration Act, the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 and subsisting court orders.”
She further stated that Mr. Kanu’s agitation for the emergence of a breakaway country called the Republic of Biafra is in line with the right of self-determination as stipulated by the United Nations Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which Nigeria is a signatory to.
“With regard to issues of “self determination”, the crux of Nnamdi Kanu’s campaign of the Independent People of Biafra, IPOB, having communicated IPOB’s intent to all and the United Nations as required by UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights ratified by Nigeria, that people of any community or group may wish to exercise the right of self-determination with a view to pursuing their economic, social and cultural development; aware that their dignity as human persons had deteriorated and been consciously degraded under the present dispensation, sadly appearing power inebriate.”
She, therefore, called on Mr. Buhari to resign as President if he is not prepared to obey court orders or risk being impeached from office.
The Presidency declined to respond to the petition.
An official said it would be inappropriate for the presidency to dignify such a petition with a response.
He however said, “The truth is there are fresh charges against the detainees,” the official said.
“They were simply rearrested after they were released folowing the filing of fresh charges against them. So we don’t know what people are talking about when they talk about the government disobeying court order.”

Source:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196078-online-petition-asking-buhari-to-resign-gathers-momentum.html

In China or Singapore, corrupt public office holders are executed no story. America has a lot of detainees in Guatanamo prison, let these people sign petition for American government to release those detainees before coming to Nigeria. This is the time for Nigerians to support the president for a better and corrupt free Nigeria. These people stole and shared public fund, there should be no public sympathy for them because some of our gallant military men lost their lives and their families are still struggling with the loss. Politicians will only stop stealing when the public support this kind of administration. Nothing good will come out of Nigeria if people steal public fund and the same public are sympatising with them. Kill them like they kill corrupt officers in China and Singapore. End of story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by cao(f): 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Apparently, the author of the article and I have two very different definitions of "gaining momentum", I'm sorry but 600 signatures in 48 hours is rather pitiful & minute. The last online petition I remember gaining serious traction was the Donald Trump one over here in the UK. Do you know how many signatures are needed for the British Parliament to officially talk about it? Answer: 100,000. The population in the UK is considerably smaller than that of Nigeria. And do they really expect to be taken seriously with a 1000 signatures? That's 0.000589% (pop est. 170M). Spock said it best - The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. So the president should be impeached because 1000 people said so? I don't recall Nigeria practicing a minority rule. Folks trying to make armchair politics into a ruling power. Where was all this gumption during the era of our smiling president? Or are all ignoring the fact Boko Haram grew into an actual national threat during the previous administration?

This whole wailing thing is getting out of hand. Folks going on about this being our worst president. Has it occurred to you how much our economy is propped by corruption? Now, I'm not an economist & it's been a long time since I did social studies, but I'm guessing nobody saw the fuel prices going this low, did they? But, I do know Nigeria relies heavily on oil, while practically ignoring other resources, which is not an effective efficient model. Plus, with our elders looting like it's a competition, what did you expect? Why the heck do we rely on so much importation? With all the chicken way dey cross our road, we still dey import chicken?

And why the heck do folks keep complaining about Buhari's previous stint as the Petroleum Minister? Did it not occur to your oxygen deficient brains that decades have passed and other administrations & ministers have come and gone, why weren't the refineries fixed/maintained during those administrations? And you wonder why you're greatly mocked?

Let's be honest, if Nigeria was a fair and just country, a lot of our politicians and fat cats should have been tried, convicted and/or executed for treason. We've seen actual honest-to-God-activists die for less. By shooting, hanging or letter bomb. Or are your brains too porous or too young to remember? We've had soldiers die because their commanders used them as pawns in rigged chess matches were every piece was a neglected pawn, the players let their games rot, while they filled their bellies with their blood money. Mosquitos masquerading as politicians and fat cats sucking away at our country.

So forgive me, if your ass is too lazy to read, or to acknowledge the fact that we're actually seeing something being done. If Buhari was truly a tyrant as claimed, we should be experiencing a very bloody reign.

Apparently, I didn't know I had something to say. Oh well, I'll just chill now.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum by FisifunKododada: 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
abi buhari by the time we are done with him he ll regret ever thinking of ruling the zoo there is a video tape of a contract involving him and...... By the time the video goes viral he voluntary resign let's see what becomes of nnamdi kanu's trial he thinks he's heartless he's a nobody

cool There is also a flying monkey on the orbit of Jupiter right now. The Online Republic of Biafra (ORB) - The land of the Rising Scums

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nasir Ado: Hausa Man Contesting For Councillor In Delta State (Photo) / Mohammed Jamil Bello: I Did Not Attack President Buhari - Kebbi Man (Video) / How Northern Big Boys Lavish Money (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.