Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? (857 Views)

When There Is No Love And Affection In Marriage / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / The Five Languages Of Love And Affection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by mostyg(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
I have been reading the understandings and dispositions of lots of nairalander on family issues. I have my own understanding, but while trying to comprehend others views a question came to mind. Should women show more love and affection to their children or husband?
As a woman, have you been faced with a situation where you refused to cook because your husband was not at home leaving you and your children to 'manage left overs' at home. Is your affection more to your husband than your children?

At what point should one shift affection from husband to children or vice versa?

You are please welcome to share your views
Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by adren(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
who dem first say 'i love you' to??
husband or kids??
sometimes, i wonder why God made the br.ea st to be two..
answer: one for me, one for the kid.. we can't both put pressure on one..

1 Like

Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Are love and affection limited resources?

Why not give love and affection lavishly and inexhaustibly to everyone?

7 Likes

Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by thorpido(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mindfulness:

Abi.Why does it have to be a question of more love and affection towards one or the other?

1 Like

Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by cococandy(f): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
There's enough love to go round

1 Like

Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
thorpido:
Abi.Why does it have to be a question of more love and affection towards one or the other?

Exactly.
Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by mostyg(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mindfulness:

Thanks for your comment. Like I wrote, I am trying to increase my understanding on some family issues.

Why would a wife refuse to cook for herself and children because the husband is not at home? In my own little understanding, such wife's affection is more to her husband than the children.

Well, I may be wrong but I will love more explanation. Has it happened to you? Why would you take such a decision?
This is just an example of happenings withing the family. As insignificant as it may be, it explains lots of things.
Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
mostyg:

Thanks for your comment. Like I wrote, I am trying to increase my understanding on some family issues.

Why would a wife refuse to cook for herself and children because the husband is not at home? In my own little understanding, such wife's affection is more to her husband than the children.

Well, I may be wrong but I will love more explanation. Has it happened to you? Why would you take such a decision?
This is just an example of happenings withing the family. As insignificant as it may be, it explains lots of things.

I think she is in the best position to answer the question so why don't you ask her nicely without passing any preconceived judgement?
Re: Who deserves more love and affection: Children Or Husband? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2016
@OP
Although I subscribe to the thinking that spouses should take priority with each other bc they're married to each other, the leaders of the home, and are responsible together for their children. I don't think in a loving & happy family there is "more love" for a hubby/wife than their kids (to start, those are different kinds of love). Based on the circumstances the kids may receive more tangible affection one day than your spouse may get or vice versa.

Using the 'leftover food' senario:
If kids and I 'manage leftovers' bc daddy's not home its nothing to do with how much I love either the kids or hubby. Its just simply being responsible to not be wastful and not a yardstick to measure/demonstrate who 'mommy' loves more. Afterall, we dont want to the food to spoil, right cheesy?
Also, in a fam someone may be having a hard time and needs a little more affection/attention. Providing that additional care doesn't mean you love anyone else in the fam any less. Imo, it serves to to build a stronger home.

Me & hubby often lavish our kids a little more. We'll take their sides when joking, plead their cases to eachother, etc. He's explained his theory about this saying when he lavishes love on our kids its not bc he loves them over me. That in fact, when he favors them he's favoring me also bc they're from me (loving them IS loving me). The same principle applies when he's lavishing love on me more.
Well loved spouses/parents and their children are able to give more love/affection to the fam..which is always terrific smiley

This is how we approach it in our fam. It keeps a balanced & lovely home environment and it works great for us grin

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why You Should Never Get Naked In The Presence Of Your Siblings / Friendship / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.