Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend (736 Views)

14 Ways To Know She Truly Loves You / Infatuation Vs. Love: 14 Ways To Differentiate Between Infatuation And Love / 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Dhilariousdandy(m): 1:07am On Jan 04, 2016
Being a perfect boyfriend isn't always easy, even if you have an amazing girlfriend. A perfect boyfriend knows when to talk, and when to listen; when to offer advice, and when to offer sympathy; when to shower her with attention, and when to give her some space.

You need to be someone she can trust and admire, and even someone who makes her want to be a perfect girlfriend.

A perfect boyfriend adapts to the situation, and knows the job is never finished.

So, to guide you in the right direction, here are some tips for every long term boyfriend ever. You can thank us when she's not shouting at you tonight…....

1) Comment On Her Appearance (Positive Only, Obviously) Just because you've essentially given up on your general appearance now that you've landed someone, doesn't’ mean that she has.

So, instead of making a comment about how 'sexy’ she looks in her tracksuit bottoms (severe sarcasm detected), comment on how nice she looks when she’put an hours work into looking that way. A friendly bit of commentary will never go unnoticed, I assure you...

2) Celebrate The Little Things
Obviously I’m not suggesting that you have month-versaries or anything as weird as that, but celebrating anniversaries, Valentines, exam results, job successes or a good week in work, are all good enough reasons in my book. Surprise her every now and then with a little celebration and you'll reap the rewards.

3) Do Not Point Out Her Flaws For Gods sake man, do you want to lose a limb? Women obsess over their flaws far more than men can even begin to imagine.

In fact, if you even knew how much time they waste hating there appearance, you’d be shocked. Therefore encouraging her to rant about her fat’ thighs is the most stupid thing you could ever, ever do... (Take Note)

4) Don't Talk About Your Exes, (Especially If They Were Really Hot) Women probably know everything there is to know already, on account of the fact that they might have stalked her numerous times on Facebook.

Never, ever underestimate a
woman's stalking skills. She probably knows more about you than you do...

5) If She’s Acting Crazy, Buy Her Chocolate Stat There are generally two reasons that a girl will be acting crazy. She's either pissed at you for being you, or it's that time of the month.

If she's also complaining about being a woman, just know that she's feeling a little bloated and is crying at the X Factor, then there's no doubt about it. She's on the blob.
Buy her chocolate and hold her while she cries at crap films and you'll be the best boyfriend ever. (For today.)

6) Don't Forget To Randomly Text Her From Time To Time It's all too easy to take your other half for granted when you've been together for a long period of time, so touching base every now and then is imperative.

Just a funny little text will do the trick and get you back on her mind in no time.

7) Don't Ever Comment On Her Hot Friends Because that is a very good way to lose a part of your special anatomy...(Be Warned)

cool Do Not Attempt To Put An Ugly Picture Of Her On Facebook, I noticed that men do this to other men and even women to other women, but what the Bleep would posses you to do it to your girlfriend? You are not Ashton and she is not Demi and it's not funny or cute. Not acceptable. Ever...

9) Never Disrespect Our Parents They are also the reason behind our existence (When I said OUR I mean the both parties) therefore you should automatically be grateful to them. Make an effort and inquire about them from time to time, that's all it takes...

10) Leave Her To Shop Alone
There's nothing more annoying to women than having an annoying man following them around grumbling about being bored, when all they want to do is buy three dress for 21k and rejoice. Do them a favour and go wait in the pub...

11) Surprise Her Every Now And Then, There’s a certain element of getting into a routine when you're in a long term relationship, so instead of spending another weekend in the pub together, surprise her with a little treat, a date night, a weekend away, a new sex move or whatever else it takes to put you in the good books.

Whatever it is that you do will show that you've put thought and care into it and that's a massive plus in there eyes. Honestly...

12) Learn to compromise. Compromise is a big part of successful communication. If you and your girlfriend can't disagree without getting into a big fight or without one person immediately giving in to the needs of the other, then you have a problem.

To be good at compromising, you should be able to talk about your needs and wants while understanding where your girlfriend is coming from, instead of ignoring her own side of the story..

13) Be sympathetic. If it means something to her, it should mean something to you. It doesn't matter that you wouldn't be interested in the issue if it weren't for her..
Relationship is about sharing experiences and being supportive.

When she's upset, try to put yourself in her shoes and understand where she's coming from. Don't just dismiss her feelings because you think it's "not that big of a deal..

14) Support Her, No Matter What
That's what you’re there for, after all. If she's feeling down, cheer her up. If she's quiet, talk to her. If she's having family problems, be there for her and if you’re the reason she's upset, then change your bad habits before she changes her boyfriend.

Above all, be her shoulder to cry on and her solid support system. Remind her why she loves you and you're on the right track...
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Op, I don't understand...
How come lalasticlala is missing?...any time I see threads like this there's always lalasticlala (2ce) at the bottom
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 04, 2016
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by opyzy(m): 1:26am On Jan 04, 2016
all this on top one girl that you're not even sure of becoming your future partner mtcheeew waste of emotion and devotion tongue
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by fasho01(m): 1:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Nice write up. Sure to spice up many relationships

But is there really anything like the perfect boyfriend

No matter how you try, you can never understand women as there is no general rule to pleasing them.

What Ada finds annoying, Hauwa may be indifferent about , yet Folake will find it so interesting. Get my drift?

Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Margauxluv(f): 1:30am On Jan 04, 2016
Guys gets ur note books Nd jot dis dwn...its imporrant smiley
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Nature8(m): 2:21am On Jan 04, 2016
Margauxluv:
Guys gets ur note books Nd jot dis dwn...its imporrant smiley

What about the girls you do all these things for, but they still don't appreciate it and keep acting crazy
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Luukasz(m): 3:51am On Jan 04, 2016
Well apparently women are insatiable so why waste your time been a perfect boyfriend.
If you love her just try your best if she's nt satisfied na she sabi.
And besides no man is perfect we all have flaws
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Janetmc(f): 4:01am On Jan 04, 2016
Nice one op
Tell em guys
But if I don't love you and you do all these and more , you're on a loooonnnnggg thing

1 Like

Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by tpiar: 4:11am On Jan 04, 2016
for how many girlfriends?
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by Tosinville(m): 4:58am On Jan 04, 2016
I will only give this a trial just in case if I wanna date some other country girls but NOT with these " Unromantic Nigerian Girls Ladies " who has nothing to offer in a relationship than sex in exchange of what they about to gain from you, so no affection or trust for these thotz.
Re: 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend by itstpia8: 5:03am On Jan 04, 2016
so you polished up yourself compared to those your other pictures from some years ago. I remember you were put through the wringer then.

na for you to run mouth now, naim remain.

however, be nice to people, you dont know when words will come back at you.

(1) (Reply)

Girls Why?what Did Our Nimrod Do To You Na? / I Think I Have A Reverse Destiny / Adult Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.