Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) (43589 Views)

Men Kneel Down For Bukola Saraki In Kwara (Photos) / Saraki Provides Job Tools For Artisans In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 04, 2016
And yorubas be claiming peaceful...
undecidedAnd yorubas be claiming peaceful...
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by FAVOUR13: 11:21am On Jan 04, 2016
OP YOU ARE TOO BIASED. I GUESS YOU ARE A YORUBA. IT WAS THE YURUBAS THAT FIRST ATTACK THE NUPES. THE NUPES WERE NOT EVEN PREPARED FOR ANYTHING LIKE THIS; THEY NEVER EXPECTED THAT THE YORUBAS WILL STILL DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THE NUPES I KNOW ARE PEACE LOVING PEOPLE. PLEASE, DONT COME HERE AND PAINT THEM BLACK. I KNOW THE TWO TOWN VERY WELL. YORUBAS ARE ALWAYS THE ONE TO ALWAYS FIRST LUNCH ATTACK ON THE NUPES

dainformant:
Here are photos from the mayhem allegedly carried out by the people of Tsaragi, a Nupe speaking town in Share, Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State. According to reports, there have always been communal issues between a Yoruba dominated Share and Tsaragi since the 90s. This recent attack on the community reportedly started after a disagreement over the felling of some trees at the UMCA school on Share land. This allegedly led the Tsaragi people to attack their victims with machetes, rods and guns.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/01/tribal-war-photos-from-clash-between.html

6 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by realglob(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2016
lekjons:
What's this one saying?!

They were fighting in Ilorin, you're sreaming "where oba of Lagos" "where's this" "where's that". They've burned only a building and you're re expecting the whole Yoruba tribe to go there and fight.. How stuppid!

For your info, We, unlike you, just don't jump to war blindly..

That why your people always gets killed like goats..

Oponu!!

I hate tribalism, but most of this Igbo boys won't stop being stupidd, they'll always provoke you!!

Bunch of untrained village boys!! angry
Pls next time make use of "some" an educated personal and an anti tribalism. I reserve my shades as I notice u used "most" which I guess excludes some trained, cultured. Civilized, and educated peace loving Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
a major tribe being slaughtered by a minority tribe and all of them on new year holiday. No noise. Chai shame i dey catch am for me
very bad u can't read and understand,where was it written in dat thread dat only yorubas where killed...I know you are too dumb to comprehend.
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by king92: 11:30am On Jan 04, 2016
Please inform any corper you know serving in Ifelodun local government area in Kwara State that they should not travel down to Kwara State yet because the fight between the Nupe and the Yoruba indigene there have aggravated and have gone more bloody too.

They are to hear from their CLO before returning to their LG.

Please inform others
Thanks.

AS RECEIVED FROM NYSC
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by vRendoh(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
With all the otumokpos! chai!
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by lumeneng22: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2016
All Yoruba pregnant women keep off o. I remember when Yoruba and Hausa were fighting in mile 12 in Lagos and an aboki draw out a dagger and cut open an innocent defenceless pregnant woman stomach and brought ought the baby.You can imagine what happen next ,after one foolish person will say there are no mad Hausa people.
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2016
[quote author=Naomite post=41638562][/quote] my dear, i strongly condemn the unlawful killing of any human being irrespective of his tribe, religion or colour. Yoruba e warriors on this forum opened several threads to celebrite the killing of innocent and unarmed IPOB including the killing of shia Muslims by Buratai. We cried why they laughed calling us wailing waillers. Today, na una turn

2 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Revolva(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2016
Again....tribal war......Nupes n yorubas...na wa for this country
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Trottle: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2016
badonkadonk:

I beg to differ... From the op's assertions.. Tsaragi is a nupe speaking district in yoruba dominated share town... Thus the nupe's are the guests ere.

The dispute started as a result of the felling of trees on share land.. Technically speaking the yoruba have every right to do that.. Since it's their land and the nupe's are just guests on it..

Back in the day.. History has it that the nupe's were migrants from Niger state and it's environs... Who sought for a piece of land to start their own community.. Which the Oba of that district granted albeit to certain laid down rules and regulations..

It's a shame that this present nupe people have forgotten history so fast, that they think it's their birth right to lay claim to a land that is not even theirs in the first place...

Not taking sides.. Just stating things as it is.. Kwara is a yoruba state.. How would u feel if a tenant of yours tells u, u can't do as u wish in your own compound..?

That been said.. I would opine that there are more civilized way of doing things.. There could have been a discussion between the two different tribe leaders on the felling of the trees in question and an amicable agreement reached..

From which bloody history book did you read that from!! shocked
the Nupe linguistic group cut across Kwara, Niger and Kogi. Tsaragi and Share are rival towns and nobody gave anybody a land to start any community.

Kwara has the youba people as the dominant tribe, but there exist Nupe , Fulani and Baruba as important minority. the creation of an artificial state led to the nupes to cut across the three states. and All the Nupe settlement are their ancestral land.

Stop listening to drunks in a beer parlor or reading books authored by hungry people.
And Jonathan was proposing to remove history from our curriculum. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Allann(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2016
adebisi96:

dnt u get tired of these tribe wars. why do we hate ourselves so much? i still dnt understand....personally i tink we should all divide,let there be biafra,let d hausas go deir way too(with their no western education? and let yorubas stay on deir own instead of pretending to be one stupid Nation.mayb all dis unnecessary death will stop

Why are you disturbed my bro? This people have a plan - to instigate hatred/disaffection. The aim is to achieve cheap secession in either of these two ways:
1. Provoke other tribes especially the one they consider a threat (Yoruba) into attacking them so that they could run to international bodies.
2. Cause so much trouble till everybody will just give up on them.
People like you are already falling for the later.
Remember, neither the Hausas nor the Yorubas were so keen about the Nigeria project during the agigation for independence. The Igbos coerced/ blackmailed us into it, thinking they could manipulate other tribes easily (especially the North who were educationally disadvantaged).
But just six years into the game, when they realised things were not going their way, they distrupted the system on flimsy excuses.
My bro, "we talked" this nation into a collective indepence, and if any group wishes to go they should be displomatic about it. But if they think they are wiser, and stronger than the whole of the country, they should embark on the perilious journey and see "how far".
Personally, I am not against IPOB Secession!

2 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Trottle: 11:43am On Jan 04, 2016
FAVOUR13:
OP YOU ARE TOO BIASED. I GUESS YOU ARE A YORUBA. IT WAS THE YURUBAS THAT FIRST ATTACK THE NUPES. THE NUPES WERE NOT EVEN PREPARED FOR ANYTHING LIKE THIS; THEY NEVER EXPECTED THAT THE YORUBAS WILL STILL DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THE NUPES I KNOW ARE PEACE LOVING PEOPLE. PLEASE, DONT COME HERE AND PAINT THEM BLACK. I KNOW THE TWO TOWN VERY WELL. YORUBAS ARE ALWAYS THE ONE TO ALWAYS FIRST LUNCH ATTACK ON THE NUPES

Confirmed source!!!

to butress your point, an About to- be- wedded groom(nupe) was killed by them Share yorubas coupled with other acts of agression, and you expect them to fold their hands!!!

6 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by lekjons(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2016
realglob:

Pls next time make use of "some" an educated personal and an anti tribalism. I reserve my shades as I notice u used "most" which I guess excludes some trained, cultured. Civilized, and educated peace loving Igbos.
well, normally I wouldn't do that.. If not provoked.

But I think "most" of your brothers should be cautioned, they always drag tribalism to everything relating to Yoruba.. (as seen on nairaland)

SORRY!!

1 Like

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
Yoruba dey form anytime Oshomole talk say "Jonathan is corrupt" a mere small tribe like Nupe dey kill them. Where Oba of Lagos? Where that cultist where e dey speak big big grammar? Where OPC dey? Where Deji of Akure? Dem do become deaf, dumb, blind and peaceful. If na igbo do such thing, you for dey see dem dey beat their dry chests. Cowardice
sharaaaaaap and use your brain to think and not your fokn yansh. Akpu eating hediot

2 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by dragonking2: 11:57am On Jan 04, 2016
Allann:

Why are you disturbed my bro? This people have a plan - to instigate hatred/disaffection. The aim is to achieve cheap secession in either of these two ways:
1. Provoke other tribes especially the one they consider a threat (Yoruba) into attacking them so that they could run to international bodies.
2. Cause so much trouble till everybody will just give up on them.
People like you are already falling for the later.
Remember, neither the Hausas nor the Yorubas were so keen about the Nigeria project during the agigation for independence. The Igbos coerced/ blackmailed us into it, thinking they could manipulate other tribes easily (especially the North who were educationlly disadvantaged).
But just six years into the game, when they realised things were not going their way, they distrupted the system on flimsy excuses.
My bro, "we talked" this nation into a collective indepence, and if any group wishes to go they should be displomatic about it. But if they think they are wiser, and stronger than the whole of the country, they should embark on the perilious journey and see "how far".
Personally, I am not against IPOB Secession!
Wetin concern ipob with Nupes killing thevyorubas?? Honestly, can't you guys just leave out other tribes from your issues and face the Nupes/Fulani's that are causing mayhem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by ahmodu4real(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
for me nobody pray for WAR, but share people are using the influence of ABDUL FATTAH AHMED becos is a sharee man and he has been funding the clash buying his people sophisticated weapons since the time of bukola but the truth is yoruba cannot conquer Nupe. and who say nupe is a minority tribe in nigeria get your fact right please. am not supporting any form of voilence ooo but Nigerian is my country , Nupe by tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by dedos(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
@Op,looks like u're high on cheap dung weed for calling Tsaragi a small town in share,to put it in a straight record, Tsaragi the main owner of the land fighting over is a Nupe speaking people which is part of Edu local govt kwara state not under Ifelodun local govt as d Op is trying na paint it.Nupe people are known to be a peace loving people but if u find there trouble they are not cowards,not afraid to fight if confronted.the Yorubas of Share got what dey bargain for when they cross there boundary by crossing to Nupes land to cut down an economic tree which does not belong to dem and when confronted they beat the confronter to coma and left only to come back with marchets and guns chanting. wars songs and Shooting sporadically in the air. They(Yorubas),have been preparing for the crisis secretly by stocking fuels and weapons in that buildings burnt down above with d aims of using those petrol dey store to burn down the Nupes houses but the table turn against dem wen the Nupes were tip off about there plans and went ahead to raze the houses the petrol and weapons were store in. Anyone that knows about this Share/Tsaragi crisis knows dat Share people are just land borrow settlers who think they can dislodged the real owner of land(Tsaragi people) the white paper proved so but they are in for a long thing as Nupes are not push over people, anytime they start there pavert behaviours,Nupes are always ready for them.......in Psqures voice...#BringItOn so @Op,get ur fact right b4 u try to mislead people on dis forum

5 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by tivta(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Why burn down houses? Are you fighting with the house or cars?
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Allann(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
dragonking2:
Wetin concern ipob with Nupes killing thevyorubas?? Honestly, can't you guys just leave out other tribes from your issues and face the Nupes/Fulani's that are causing mayhem.

I only reponded to a post by a yoruba brother.
But counsellor, when your igbo fellows jump into yoruba issues, you don't see the need to caution them.

1 Like

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by badonkadonk: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Trottle:

From which bloody history book did you read that from!! shocked
the Nupe linguistic group cut across Kwara, Niger and Kogi. Tsaragi and Share are rival towns and nobody gave anybody a land to start any community.

Kwara has the youba people as the dominant tribe, but there exist Nupe , Fulani and Baruba as important minority. the creation of an artificial state led to the nupes to cut across the three states. and All the Nupe settlement are their ancestral land.

Stop listening to drunks in a beer parlor or reading books authored by hungry people.
And Jonathan was proposing to remove history from our curriculum. undecided

Nna! It's lyk u have issues comprehending things.. I said based on op's assertions..

He said tsaragi a district in share.. If something is in something else.. As Lagos dey South West.. Doesn't dat make southwest a bigger entity compared to Lagos..

Dat asyd.. I don't dispute their rivalry.. As dat wan no concern me.. If u had been patient to go beyond your comfort zone beyond wat ur Skool taught u.. U would realise that nupe are migrants.. U find some of them having communities in jos, plateau state, some parts in kaduna on the outskirts.. And some areas around kogi and taraba I should think.. They are predominantly found in Niger state.. Even there in Niger state, they have issues with another tribe (I think the tribe name na gwari or so.. I stand to be corrected)..

They (nupe) dislike the tribe with a passion.. Don't know why..

U mentioned fulani.. Tell me! Are the fulani's not migrants based on their nomadic nature?

Were the Baruba people originally from the land we now call kwara?

By the way.. If u no fit argue ur point like a sane person.. Stay out of my mention Mbok..
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by VirginFinder: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
The reportage is biased.

It's either a clash or an attack.

Unfortunately, some ibos masturbatingg on this thread are too dull to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
Yoruba dey form anytime Oshomole talk say "Jonathan is corrupt" a mere small tribe like Nupe dey kill them. Where Oba of Lagos? Where that cultist where e dey speak big big grammar? Where OPC dey? Where Deji of Akure? Dem do become deaf, dumb, blind and peaceful. If na igbo do such thing, you for dey see dem dey beat their dry chests. Cowardice

Bros, I'm Igbo but quite frankly, this attitude you displayed is a mark of immaturity. I hate tribal bigotry with passion. Aren't you sick and tired of the endless e-wars between Igbos and Yorubas? Don't you wish for better harmony between us both online and offline? This is really sad, and to think that it's educated adults that always initiate this is more depressing.
I hate it whenever Igbos are insulted, and I know you also do. Why do you go ahead insulting other tribes when situation hasn't called for it?
No matter what you or anybody thinks, Igbos aren't better than Yorubas and I don't believe Yorubas are better than Igbos. We are distinct in our own ways, and have our own good and bad sides. We should rather work together for a better Nigeria.
Bros, please try and change. I also hope other tribal warriors on NL whether Igbos or Yorubas will change for good.
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by itunity007(m): 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
lekjons:
What's this one saying?!

They were fighting in Ilorin, you're sreaming "where oba of Lagos" "where's this" "where's that". They've burned only a building and you're re expecting the whole Yoruba tribe to go there and fight.. How stuppid!

For your info, We, unlike you, just don't jump to war blindly..

That why your people always gets killed like goats..
Ojukwu's greed got 3 million+ of them killed and ran away when he knew he's losing the war.. And yet if you ask them who their hero is, they'll still scream "OJUKWU"
I wonder why some people goes to school..

I hate tribalism, but most of this Igbo boys won't stop being stupidd, they'll always provoke you!!

Bunch of untrained village boys!! angry
GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by dragonking2: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Allann:

I only reponded to a post by a yoruba brother.
But counsellor, when your igbo fellows jump into yoruba issues, you don't see the need to caution them.
Funny enough, you guys are the one that started it.... From nnamadi KANU, to ipob to even non related issues...You can't be disregarding other tribes and expect them to be looking....That's why the Nupes are also retaliating now in kwara...

1 Like

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by lozanni(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
I thought the Nupes are originally from Yorubaland and speak a varient of that language.
What could be responsible for the deep misunderstanding and violent clash ?
Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by zakson4real(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
badonkadonk:

I beg to differ... From the op's assertions.. Tsaragi is a nupe speaking district in yoruba dominated share town... Thus the nupe's are the guests ere.

The dispute started as a result of the felling of trees on share land.. Technically speaking the yoruba have every right to do that.. Since it's their land and the nupe's are just guests on it..

Back in the day.. History has it that the nupe's were migrants from Niger state and it's environs... Who sought for a piece of land to start their own community.. Which the Oba of that district granted albeit to certain laid down rules and regulations..

It's a shame that this present nupe people have forgotten history so fast, that they think it's their birth right to lay claim to a land that is not even theirs in the first place...

Not taking sides.. Just stating things as it is.. Kwara is a yoruba state.. How would u feel if a tenant of yours tells u, u can't do as u wish in your own compound..?

That been said.. I would opine that there are more civilized way of doing things.. There could have been a discussion between the two different tribe leaders on the felling of the trees in question and an amicable agreement reached..

Go home and ask about the history of Nupe in kwara state. They are not migrant as you claim but a real citizens of kwara. Tell yoruba to look for somewhere else to claim the land. Nupe people are the most peaceful tribe in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Trottle: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
badonkadonk:

Nna! It's lyk u have issues comprehending things.. I said based on op's assertions..

He said tsaragi a district in share.. If something is in something else.. As Lagos dey South West.. Doesn't dat make southwest a bigger entity compared to Lagos..

Dat asyd.. I don't dispute their rivalry.. As dat wan no concern me.. If u had been patient to go beyond your comfort zone beyond wat ur Skool taught u.. U would realise that nupe are migrants.. U find some of them having communities in jos, plateau state, some parts in kaduna on the outskirts.. And some areas around kogi and taraba I should think.. They are predominantly found in Niger state.. Even there in Niger state, they have issues with another tribe (I think the tribe name na gwari or so.. I stand to be corrected)..

They (nupe) dislike the tribe with a passion.. Don't know why..

U mentioned fulani.. Tell me! Are the fulani's not migrants based on their nomadic nature?

Were the Baruba people originally from the land we now call kwara?

By the way.. If u no fit argue ur point like a sane person.. Stay out of my mention Mbok..

You cannot even express yourself coherently grin grin. Let me help you.

Tsaragi and Share are individual communities seperated by a single tarred road.
Nupes were historically based in North central. Being the major tribe in Niger state, and Important minorities in Kogi and Kwara.
The town jebba was named by the nupes to mean "a place where river flows". Nupes have been co-existing with the Yorubas and Gwari ralatively peacefully, though disagreement (which is inevitable) do occur ocassioned with violence which cannot be heaped on a tribe (nupe) alone.
Fulanis being nomadic does not mean they are also not settlers. the Emir of Ilorin is of Fulani ancestry.
Where are the Barubas from? grin grin
It is you who needs to get out from your comfort zone, explore and gather facts to enable you argue like a sane person cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
That's because Igbo is not part of Nigeria but Biafra.As you claim na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? / Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video / Abba Kyari: IPOB, ESN Members Out To Destroy Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.