Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? (1884 Views)

"Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / #3Billion Engagement Ring, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / 15 Pictures Every Nigerian Who Has Been Single Too Long Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by mizquote(f): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
I want to know.
how long is too long to be engaged?
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by northvietnam(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
as long as the guy is still intrested in the marriage....
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by RexKexMilann: 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
Engagement

I think That's just a way of tying down a Girl & Probably enjoying "Free" Sex Until you're fed Up OR you just feel like finally Getting Married.

My point is, If I decide to be with a Particular Girl and She feels Same way, We just Tie the Knot straight away. I mean, What's the purpose of "Engagement"?

Back to topic. She doesn't need to wear an engagement ring! If we've agreed to be together, It's just straight to the Wedding Ring.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by TI1919(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Do you need ring in the first place, the first marriage in the Bible has nothing to do with ring.

Wearing ring is the tradition of men not God. If God has reveal to you this it means it is time for you to enter into rest concerning that! grin

The important thing is your heart not ring and marriage is for better or worse no matter the situation you have to forgive your spouse.

In as much as you love him and you have started a relationship no need for ring, ring is just mans idea to show
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Until he ask for his ring.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by mizquote(f): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
TI1919:
Do you need ring in the first place, the first marriage in the Bible has nothing to do with ring.

Wearing ring is the tradition of men not God. If God has reveal to you this it means it is time for you to enter into rest concerning that! grin

The important thing is your heart not ring and marriage is for better or worse no matter the situation you have to forgive your spouse

where did u get ur info from?
chai!
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Chanchit: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
How long have you been wearing yours? Let's start from there.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Don't be in prison because a guy put a ring on ur finger, if he won't marry u after 3months maximum of 6mnths sha, run I beg. Don't chase other suitors away wit dat ring
Some guys are selfish, dey just wanna tie u down nd njoy life
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by kaziblake(f): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Minimum 2month ,maximum 5month
Abi you wan be queen of the rings.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by mypains: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
mizquote:
I want to know.

if it's about the babe I talked about in the thread I created few minutes ago, I don't think I will engage na... na marriage straight. no time.

Hope u get the code.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by MrCork: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
mizquote:
I want to know.

angry
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by djeezy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
As long as the marriage is certain. When you've worn it for a long time, you ask him "oga how far". So you won't turn to Lady of the rings.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by MrCork: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
mizquote:
I want to know.

..ONILA...U HAV STARTED WIT YOR THREADS AGAIN..ABI?...IN 2016!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by mizquote(f): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
MrCork:

..ONILA...U HAV STARTED WIT YOR THREADS AGAIN..ABI?...IN 2016!! angry

who's onila?
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by firstking01(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
For as long as the earth remaineth undecided
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by MrCork: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
mizquote:

who's onila?

angry
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by MrCork: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
mizquote:

who's onila?

..ONILA U CREATE 50 THREAD A DAY afar we beg u to stop. & THEN I ASK US WHO ONILA...
JOYGALORE WARNIN!
angry
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by davidsgal(f): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ring is a bad market... In dz modern world the only time to be truly sure u're married is when u reach d alter... Aside dt.. U might just become Lords of d rings.... For me.. It's a big no to ring.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by mizquote(f): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
hmmm.
kk
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Richiy(f): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Engagement

I think That's just a way of tying down a Girl & Probably enjoying "Free" Sex Until you're fed Up OR you just feel like finally Getting Married.

My point is, If I decide to be with a Particular Girl and She feels Same way, We just Tie the Knot straight away. I mean, What's the purpose of "Engagement"?

Back to topic. She doesn't need to wear an engagement ring! If we've agreed to be together, It's just straight to the Wedding Ring.

Always on point.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by RexKexMilann: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Richiy:

Always on point.
grin.

Runaway Wife, How have You Been?
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
6 months.............. 1 year
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Richiy(f): 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
RexKexMilann:
grin.

Runaway Wife, How have You Been?
Look who's talking grin undecided cry
I am where you left me.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by RexKexMilann: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
Richiy:

Look who's talking grin undecided cry

I am where you left me.
Been "mentioning" you For days. Thought you finally decided I wasn't good enough for you.

I've missed You.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Richiy(f): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Been "mentioning" you For days. Thought you finally decided I wasn't good enough for you.

I've missed You.

How come I never saw any? I would never not reply you..you know that...
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by RexKexMilann: 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Richiy:

How come I never saw any? I would never not reply you..you know that...
I though I Knew.

I metioned you, At least twice if not Thrice.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Richiy(f): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
RexKexMilann:
I though I Knew.
I metioned you, At least twice if not Thrice.
Check your email.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
More than a year is too much madam

Engagements should be 6months to a year, IMO
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by mizquote(f): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
kk
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by Jaydenphoenix: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
I think anything above 6 months is unacceptable
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by JanuaryTempest(f): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Depends on whether there ARE plans in motion, leading up to an actual wedding. I don't think there is or there should be a set time-frame imo, just as long as the two people involved have a vision in mind & are making steps (no matter how slow) to make it a reality. Basically, whatever is agreed upon by the engaged couple. Months? Years? Who cares? However long it takes to have the perfect wedding day...or decide if he's still the one you wanna spend the rest of your life with- forever IS a very long time after all tongue grin I'd use the extra time to weigh the pros + cons & to observe just to make sure I'm not making any mistakes, because as they say, time reveals a lot of things. And besides, if you want something to be exactly like you imagined, "picture perfect", unless you have a money tree, then it might take just a tad longer to get all the ducks in a row. IJS. Who wants a shotgun wedding anyway?
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Wear An Engagement Ring? by shortgun(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
JanuaryTempest:
Depends on whether there ARE plans in motion, leading up to an actual wedding. I don't think there is or there should be a set time-frame imo, just as long as the two people involved have a vision in mind & are making steps (no matter how slow) to make it a reality. Basically, whatever is agreed upon by the engaged couple. Months? Years? Who cares? However long it takes to have the perfect wedding day...or decide if he's still the one you wanna spend the rest of your life with- forever IS a very long time after all tongue grin I'd use the extra time to weigh the pros + cons & to observe just to make sure I'm not making any mistakes, because as they say, time reveals a lot of things. And besides, if you want something to be exactly like you imagined, "picture perfect", unless you have a money tree, then it might take just a tad longer to get all the ducks in a row. IJS. Who wants a shortgun wedding anyway?

You called me?
which one is Shortgun wedding?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must See: How I Celebrated My Val Yesterday (PICTURE Inside) / Was There Really Gender Equality ? Let's Debate / Ladies I Just Resurrected From Loneliness Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.