Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,078 members, 7,867,092 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

The Forgotten Four - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Forgotten Four (5436 Views)

The Forgotten Army Of WWII / The Forgotten Army Of WWII: West Africa’s Soldiers In Burma / Fajuyi- The Forgotten Nigerian Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forgotten Four by texazzpete(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

I wonder when you will stop speaking out of the side of your mouth. . . .

Now, both your posts above are highly contradictory, and even a man with the brain of a peanut would notice it. . . . . it is either Saro-Wiwa was 'tainted' - implying his incitement led to the deaths of the 4. . . . or he praised the 4 as Ogoni patriots. . . . which one?. . . . pick one and stop this stupid charade.

Kindly point to the contradiction in my post. Do i really have to refer you to Dictionary.com before you know what that word means?
My comment is clearly meant to make you see that even great men are only human, and was a direct counter to your fanatical attempts to reject any suggestion of human failings in him, including tacitly justifying the deaths of four men. Making stupid reference to the 'Jerry Rawlings solution' is a shining example.

Ken praising the Ogoni 4 after their deaths was to show up your comments that they were 'traitors'. And if you people insist that the 4 elders should have read the prevailing mood in Ogoniland, why criticise the writer for believing that  Ken should have read the same mood swing and done more to calm tensions?

Ibime:

Now, its time to drop this silly argument. If you repeat it long enough, it will start to gain some traction. The writer totally lost credibility by failing to disclose that her father was a prosecution witness. Instead of arguing whether Saro was complicit in the death of the 4, we should be asking whether her father was complicit in Saro's murder.

What a worthless fool you are! Why the hell will her father fail to testify, if invited by the court, especially as he nearly lost his life that day. Do you have any idea what his testimony was? How do you know he wasn't summoned to the court to describe how the men were murdered only?
Are all prosecution witnesses in court cases there to directly point the finger at the suspect under trial?
Re: The Forgotten Four by texazzpete(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

That 4 men who were hobnobbing with the peoples killers and oppressors (check the role of RSVG in Ogoni killings with regards to arming Andoni and Okrika Bush Boys to kill Ogonis, check the slaughter of Ogonis by the military task force, check the role of Shell and Chevron in hiring Helicopters and Boats to the Army which were used in the slaughter of hundreds of Ogonis). Now if these 4 men were openly hobnobbing with these enemies of the people, what more cause do you need to look for for the mob action? This is not in any way justifying the mob action, but the history of the men who were killed should inform any seasoned observer that you do not need to look to Saro-Wiwa to know why these men were regarded as traitors. 4 men of Gokhana origin, killed by Gokhanas in Gokhana land, then blamed on a Khana man? What a laugh!

It can also be called dialogue, retard! Without any proof all you can offer is hearsay. Aren't the Israelis talking to the Palestinians these days?
I wonder how you truly feel when your 'respected elders' like Edwin Clark are openly defending genuine killers like Ateke Tom. . .hobnobbing, eh?
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

I thought their participation in the house of assembly was as an allegiance to Nigeria. So don't you think they should retain their allegiance and loyalty to Nigeria? What makes you think they owe that to Biafra?
Their participation in eastern Nigerian house of assembly was not an allegience to Nigeria after the same house passed a resolution secceeding from Nigeria. Charity, they say begins at home; you're from your family, your town/tribe, state, then country. Saro Wiwa did not only owe loyalty to Biafra, he owed to his Ogoni brothers who were equally massacred both in the north, and during the war.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2009
texazzpete:

It can also be called dialogue, retard! Without any proof all you can offer is hearsay. Aren't the Israelis talking to the Palestinians these days?

Dont be an idiot. . . .thay can talk to all those parastatals all they like. . . . just don't call Saro's name when the people perceive it as treachery. . . . especially when these people are rich beyond their means. . .

texazzpete:

Kindly point to the contradiction in my post. Do i really have to refer you to Dictionary.com before you know what that word means?
My comment is clearly meant to make you see that even great men are only human, and was a direct counter to your fanatical attempts to reject any suggestion of human failings in him, including tacitly justifying the deaths of four men. Making stupid reference to the 'Jerry Rawlings solution' is a shining example.

Stop being an idiot again. Saro has many failings as we all know and stated, for example he's a hothead. Igbos also beleive he's a traitor, as well as many other failings, real or perceived. Trying to imply that these failings include 'incitemement' to murder is what makes you a doofus.

texazzpete:

Ken praising the Ogoni 4 after their deaths was to show up your comments that they were 'traitors'. And if you people insist that the 4 elders should have read the prevailing mood in Ogoniland, why criticise the writer for believing that  Ken should have read the same mood swing and done more to calm tensions?

I never said they were traitors. People perceive them to be traitors. Big difference. The peoples perception is what led to their murder. How can Ken calm tensions when he didn't inflame them? What rubbish.

As well as Ken praising the men, he also criticised them - but never in a violent manner. If you care to read the whole document and not cherry-pick words to suit your argument, then you will have a better understanding. If Ken was praising them all the time, how can you use the same twisted mouth to say Ken was flaming the tensions. Its highly contradictory. If you must know, since you are making stupid arguments with no background knowledge - Ken enacted a successful program to disarm the Ogoni militia! The same person is flaming tensions? You are a brainless bovine.

Why do you worry yourself on N-Delta issues so much? Do you have an itch to scratch?
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2009
Guys, we're loosing sight of the essence of this thread. The Ogoni 4 cannot be forgotten, Ken Saro Wiwa learnt his lesson. However, some people here don't seem to get the point: betrayal always almost backfires.
Eastern Nigerians failed to learn from the Afonja experience with ancient Oyo empire and establishment of Illorin. We always fall for quick and cheap promise of immediate reward as a payment for mortgaging our souls. Gullible tongue
We have: Igbo vs Igbos, Ijaws vs Igbos, Ijaws vs Ijaws, Ijaws vs Ogonis, Ogonis vs Ogonis, and the combination continues down to family levels. Throughout history, the result has always been the same: backfires wink
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2009
naijaking1:

Their participation in eastern Nigerian house of assembly was not an allegience to Nigeria after the same house passed a resolution secceeding from Nigeria. Charity, they say begins at home; you're from your family, your town/tribe, state, then country. Saro Wiwa did not only owe loyalty to Biafra, he owed to his Ogoni brothers who were equally massacred both in the north, and during the war.

Nigerian/Kaduna house of Representatives can vote for all to be an Islamic state (and part of the IOC) but that does not mean the rest have and allegiance to that Islamic state.

Biafra was the conception of mainly Igbo, the Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibiobios owe nothing to that conception.

They participation in the house of assembly is only by structural allocation, not servile followership.

And I do have the liberty to support my country over my tribe.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Nigerian/Kaduna house of Representatives can vote for all to be an Islamic state (and part of the IOC) but that does not mean the rest have and allegiance to that Islamic state.

Biafra was the conception of mainly Igbo, the Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibiobios owe nothing to that conception.

They participation in the house of assembly is only by structural allocation, not servile followership.

And I do have the liberty to support my country over my tribe.
We're not going to do revisionist history about who made up Biafra, or authorized session, that's not the issue. Even if a section of a region were unhappy over certain things, "you just don't invite outsiders to destroy your house, as retaliation to your big bully brother, and in the hope that they(outsiders) would taken you in"

LOL, Of course you're at liberty to support your country over your tribe or state; just like Ken Saro Wiwa got 3 abandoned properties, and other goodies for supporting the federal side and betraying his brothers. We all know how Ken ended up undecided
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2009
naijaking1:

We're not going to do revisionist history about who made up Biafra, or authorized session, that's not the issue. Even if a section of a region were unhappy over certain things, "you just don't invite outsiders to destroy your house, as retaliation to your big bully brother, and in the hope that they(outsiders) would taken you in"

LOL, Of course you're at liberty to support your country over your tribe or state; just like Ken Saro Wiwa got 3 abandoned properties, and other goodies for supporting the federal side and betraying his brothers. We all know how Ken ended up undecided

Outsiders?

They were Nigerians and still remain Nigerians til this day.

They were loyal to their country and did everything to remain with their country.
Re: The Forgotten Four by kalmebad(f): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2009
Thanks Ibime for the provided link

It only give clueless pple like me an insightful understanding into Ken Saro Wiwa fight for the  marginalization of the Ogoni land.

What a sad and cruel fate he suffered
He fought a good one,  but sad ended the way it did,  though he has made History and d legacy will live on

Going by what i read and deduce from the link, i can say that the death of the 4 ogoni, was not  in any way incited by Ken

The youth saw them as betrayals, fighting for their own political ambition,

But in all I blame the Shell
The military, who could not prevail on the struggle for the marginalized ones, rather they use their power to impinge on the right of the innocent citizenry.

Ogoin people really suffered brutally, no credit to KOMO, or what he is so called, nor to the administration of Babangida and that of his cohort Abacha

I will rather shift blames to them, many lost their lives, houses, properties, but i weep more for the innocent children

I hope the the Blood of Ken, the 4 ogoni chief (s) and the blood of those who also lost their life in this struggle continue to haunt the generations of the perpetrators,

My piece
Re: The Forgotten Four by otokx(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2009
A lot of people have died in the struggle against the evil done in the Niger Delta
Re: The Forgotten Four by Dede1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ken Saro-Wiwa was a glorified flippant that bit the finger that fed him. It amazes me how budding Nigerians would fall for hero-worshiping stunt as in the case Ken Saro-Wiwa. Believe you me, Ken Saro-Wiwa might not have amounted to anybody if not for the Shell-BP scholarship meant for less-privilege but more intelligent Ogoni youths that Ken’s forbearers hijacked for him.

These load-mouthed ingrates that are patched all over southern Nigeria who have found reason to trash Shell-BP forgot it was the same crude oil company’s revenue by the way of scholarship that saw through high school and university programs.

The forgotten four were Ken’s rivals and by any stretch of imagination better than Ken Saro-Wiwa. The four had always held opposing views to Ken’s and one of them was even instrumental for the post of commissioner Ken held in River State government.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2009
naijaking1:

Guys, we're loosing sight of the essence of this thread. The Ogoni 4 cannot be forgotten, Ken Saro Wiwa learnt his lesson. However, some people here don't seem to get the point: betrayal always almost backfires.
Eastern Nigerians failed to learn from the Afonja experience with ancient Oyo empire and establishment of Illorin. We always fall for quick and cheap promise of immediate reward as a payment for mortgaging our souls. Gullible tongue
We have: Igbo vs Igbos, Ijaws vs Igbos, Ijaws vs Ijaws, Ijaws vs Ogonis, Ogonis vs Ogonis, and the combination continues down to family levels. Throughout history, the result has always been the same: backfires wink

Are you insinuating that peradventure Biafra succeeded in the war, there would not be any internal scuffle amongst minority tribes?

If you lost a house from a fall out from the civil war, open a thread and pour out your lamentations and stop derailing every thread with this tired story of 'abandoned properties'.

texazzpete:

why criticise the writer for believing that  Ken should have read the same mood swing and done more to calm tensions?

First you blame Ken for being complicit in the murders, then later you say he should have read the situation and warned them. How could he warn them? If they disregarded the warnings and got the same end result how would we describe the story today?

How do you know he wasn't summoned to the court to describe how the men were murdered only?
Are all prosecution witnesses in court cases there to directly point the finger at the suspect under trial?

Like I said earlier, if you were not in PH in 1995, you only know a little about the story. Is it not every 7 o'clock NTA news, they will show people telling stories about how Ken incited the crowd to kill people.

And YES all the prosecution witnesses including the one that confessed later to receiving money all came to buttress Komo's original assertion that Ken was responsible for the death of the 4 chiefs. The Men were killed and a day later Dauda Komo was convinced Ken Saro Wiwa ordered the murders.
Re: The Forgotten Four by texazzpete(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

Why do you worry yourself on N-Delta issues so much? Do you have an itch to scratch?

While you stay safely aside to cheer the deaths of able-bodied Nigerians, some of us actually stay in the Niger Delta and are directly affected by the insecurity in the region.
It's a shame you're too dense to appreciate this point everytime i've repeated it to you.

ow11:

First you blame Ken for being complicit in the murders, then later you say he should have read the situation and warned them. How could he warn them? If they disregarded the warnings and got the same end result how would we describe the story today?

And where exactly did i say Ken should have warned them?
You've made it a big part of your argument that there were clear signs of impending violence that the four should have heeded. Ergo, if the signs were so clear shouldn't Saro Wiwa have read them and moved to calm tensions in his supporters?

Mostly your words, not mine. And recall that the writer has only insisted that Saro Wiwa is partly responsible. Never has she made the assertion that he ordered their deaths.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2009
ow11:

Are you insinuating that peradventure Biafra succeeded in the war, there would not be any internal scuffle amongst minority tribes?

If you lost a house from a fall out from the civil war, open a thread and pour out your lamentations and stop derailing every thread with this tired story of 'abandoned properties'.

Abi o.  grin

I also wonder whether it was because of Yaradua's tribe's betrayal of Biafra that Abacha locked him up til he died. It was Yoruba betrayal that led to Kudi and MKO Abiola's death. As every single misfortune has a link to betrayal of Biafra.

At the same time, Ojukwu took up a role as Abacha's envoy.  undecided
Re: The Forgotten Four by congoshine(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Bollocks!!!
He was convicted in a military court because it was obvious there will be no basis for charges in a court of law. Get your facts right.

Bros ,u de injure . . . . undecided
Re: The Forgotten Four by kadman(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ SAGAMITE

My bros from another mother. . I sent you an email,please reply me as soon as you can !
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Abi o. grin

I also wonder whether it was because of Yaradua's tribe's betrayal of Biafra that Abacha locked him up til he died. It was Yoruba betrayal that led to Kudi and MKO Abiola's death. As every single misfortune has a link to betrayal of Biafra.
At the same time, Ojukwu took up a role as Abacha's envoy. undecided

Reference to Yar'dua and Abiola's death is a cheap way of confusing the issue. You'll fool nobody, because they were not from eastern Nigeria.

As much as you guys would love for the Biafran issue, betrayal of trust, abandoned property issues to go away, I assure you guys that it wouldn't. Even if I stop writting about it, others will, others will talk about it on the streets of Nigeria.
You just can't solve that problem by hiding it. Tell me any other place in Nigeria they had abandoned property issues, no where except in PH, because they knew how stupidly gullible some Ijaw and Ogoni people really are.
Re: The Forgotten Four by kalmebad(f): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2009
@Naijaking

Now i also understand your point of arguement on this issue

History has been made and can never be erased, i went asking how true it was after going tru several comments here, not that it matters nor will change anytin, but for reason that i like to kwn,

What is happening in ogoni now is truly the aftermath of the biafra war, an elder stateman made me to understand that

The Ogonis sabotaged the Igbos and made the southerns to turn against them

Not only that,invited the Hausas,with their help invaded the Igbos living in Rivers State overnite, and made them flee at the wake of morning seeing they have been surrendered.

That also all streets in Rivers state named after an Igbo names were all changed by Ken to Rivers name (thats y u have the R'umu's today)

That becus of the Igbos, at UNO meeting Ken asked for the declaration of the south south inorder not to be associated with the Igbo's

All the properties belonged to the Igbo's then were confiscated by Ken

Arms and ammunition were shipped to the ogoni's in readiness to help fight the Igbo's so that they wont conquer the war

Finally, ken incited the death of the four chief, reasons as information got to Abacha on how Ken was planning on declaring Niger Delta Minorities,(forgive me not good at history and stories if i didnt miss what exactly i was told here) this plan was that of him and the chief (s) before they pulled out, so ken felt they have betrayed him and hence made the youths turned against them and killed them, claiming political reasons as the case

Why did the four chiefs let the cat out of the bag?? Treaths of KEN subduing them eventually if they succeed (I call it envy)

Bottomline, that sabotage is a vivicious thing and hence within themselves

THis is what i was told out of my intution to kwn, i was not there during the Civil War, but if this is true, KEN failed the Igbo's. Infact I was also meant to kwn that now is GOODMORNING.

Why am i concern, am abt to marry an Ogoni man, will my children be seen as militants 2m?? that name NIger Delta hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's beginning to send cold shivers to my body.

So Naijaking u are not arguing pointlessly.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 10:11am On Jun 17, 2009
@kalmebad,

Thanks for your post. That you went out to find out facts for yourself shows the type of person you are. I have full respect for your honesty and sincerity.

For starters, look at the bastardization of Igbos names in Rivers.

Umuokoro -> Rumuokoro
Umumasi -> Rumumasi
Umuibekwe -> Rumuibekwe
Umukwurushi - Rumukwurushi

For non Igbos here the meaning of "umu" is children.

Funny enough Igbos have been producing majority (if not all) of the governors in Rivers state under democracy and will continue to do so even forever because democracy is about majority and the Igbos are the majority in Rivers state.

I used to chide my friends I play football with when I was in PH about their claims as regards Igbos especially when you see someone bearing Emeka Okeke telling you that he is not Igbo but Ikwerre.

For those defending Ken and absolving him of any complicity in anything I want them to tell us where Ken's mother comes from as in her tribe. I cannot remember correctly now but I think his mother is Igbo (not 100% certain).

As naijaking has stated repeatedly you cannot rewrite history.

Ken came to Enugu to appeal for the Igbos to help fight the Ogoni issue especially as Abacha was in a very healthy relationship with the Igbos generally and wouldn't have killed Ken if the Igbos got involved but again Ojukwu reminded him that he went to school in CIC and UNN with Eastern region's money and yet spearheaded the abandoned properties program in Rivers where Igbos who were fighting a war had to lose their properties.

Even Hausas and Yorubas did not imagine doing such thing but Ken implemented this to the letter.

What goes around comes around and I do hope that those of us that are living today would use some of these things to better our ways and try to keep a decent name so that even in death people would not associate our names with despicable things and crimes.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
Na wa for some people. This thread was started with the intention to draw attention to the role Ken Saro Wiwa played in the murder of 4 Ogoni chiefs in 1994 and the possibly the rationale behind compensating Ken's family and his followers and ignoring the families of the 4 Ogoni chiefs.

Instead some people have tried unsuccesfully to relate a riot in Ogoni land to Ikwerre people demanding that areas in PH be renamed in the Ikwerre dialect (at least Ikwerre people have a right to spell anyway they want even if they speak Igbo). What has Ken's role in the murder of 4 people got to do with abandoned properties and renaming parts of PH?

If Kalmebad and Afam have issues with renaming parts of PH or want to insist all RV people are Igbo and saboteurs in a failed war, they should open up a thread and pour their sorrows and stop deflecting this thread from the real issue which is about THE MURDER OF 4 MEN AND THE TRIAL OF THE SUSPECTS!

For those defending Ken and absolving him of any complicity in anything I want them to tell us where Ken's mother comes from as in her tribe. I cannot remember correctly now but I think his mother is Igbo (not 100% certain).

Statements like this does a lot of harm to your credibility.

Funny enough Igbos have been producing majority (if not all) of the governors in Rivers state under democracy and will continue to do so even forever because democracy is about majority and the Igbos are the majority in Rivers state.

Since democracy is all about 'majority', blacks are officially the most populous race in the US, the Igbos are an insignificant minority in Nigeria and Melford Okilo and Rufus Ada George are Igbo people. You are one funny dude grin
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ow11,

Typical moronic Nigerian, always turning issues to personalities.

Confirm or deny the points made and stop thinking like a clown that you are.

Our history cannot be rewritten by spin doctors like you. The hard facts are indeed painful for some and rightfully so.

Personal advice - Good name they say is better than silver and gold. Work on this in your lifetime because when you are gone people may talk about you and if you are bad people would say it and your off springs must live with the consequences of your bad name.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
Afam:

@ow11,

Typical moronic Nigerian, always turning issues to personalities.

Confirm or deny the points made and stop thinking like a clown that you are.

Our history cannot be rewritten by spin doctors like you. The hard facts are indeed painful for some and rightfully so.

Personal advice - Good name they say is better than silver and gold. Work on this in your lifetime because when you are gone people may talk about you and if you are bad people would say it and your off springs must live with the consequences of your bad name.

I will not refute your points on this thread! Open another one about the issues you raised here and let us go and debate like civil Nigerians that we are. Then we could possibly bring out all the history we know both truths and falsehoods. Who knows you and I can learn a thing or two.

This thread is about the Ogoni crisis and should remain so and not about the Biafra war.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ow11,

Fair enough, the thread is not about Biafra.

My response was based on kalmebad who sought to know and got information from someone outside this forum.

My apologies for my choice of words.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2009
Afam, it is good to see that you are in a civil mood. I hope you will take my post with all civility.

Throughout this whole debate, you have been arguing with suppositions and presumptions which you have formed from Ken Saro-Wiwas role in the war. I cannot begrudge you holding a grudge against Saro, but as OW11 said, this is not about the civil war.

Now, you have been comparing the murder of the four Ogoni chiefs and Saro-Wiwas role in it to the death of my cousin who was killed in a firefight with Ateke and his boys. First of all, it is in bad taste to keep raising up the death of a loved one just to prove a point on a public forum. Second of all, you presumed that Ateke gave the word for my cousin to be killed, not knowing that my cousin was killed in a firefight at which Ateke was present. I dont think you know Atekes history, otherwise you would not even equate the Ateke case to the Saro-Wiwa case. It is sine qua non for one to have knowledge of an issue before proffering opinions, otherwise you diminish yourself in the eyes of others. If you had happened to ask, I would have told you that the pre-cursor to the firefight in Kirike was Ateke burning down my village and killing 2 people personally, one of them a young boy who he tied to a speeding boat and dragged in the water till he drowned, the other a woman. How you can compare that to Saro is anyones guess. Atekes atrocities in George-Ama and Okrika are public knowledge in Rivers State and any Rivers man reading your comments would puke on his PC. This is why I refused to indulge you, firstly because its personal, and secondly, because you dont have the background knowledge of the issue at hand.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Ibime,

Don't play with words here.

I am not comparing Ken with Ateke, get this straight.

My problem with your posts is that you have been displaying what I call total commendation and total condemnation depending on the who is being discussed.

This is my quarrel with you and would remain so as long as you continue in that light because it is wrong, misleading and coming from an educated Nigerian very embarrassing.

My apologies for making reference to a personal issue as regards your cousin but again you must respect the dead as regards the Ogoni 4 as you have consistently referred to their deaths as a result of mob action based on the youths seeing them as mere traitors and working in concert with the state government against the Ogoni people.

Allegations are allegations and certainly not enough to warrant the horrific way these men were killed.

So, stating that Ken cannot be faulted or cannot in any way be linked to what happened considering the fact that those 4 were the strongest men in terms of opposition to Ken's camp is unfortunate and highly regrettable.

He who goes to equity must do so in clean hands. Show respect for the dead people as all of them may have been killed based on lies and misinformation.

I have lived and worked in PH and Onne so I am aware of some of the problems those areas witnessed in the 90s.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
ow11:

Na wa for some people. This thread was started with the intention to draw attention to the role Ken Saro Wiwa played in the murder of 4 Ogoni chiefs in 1994 and the possibly the rationale behind compensating Ken's family and his followers and ignoring the families of the 4 Ogoni chiefs.

Instead some people have tried unsuccesfully to relate a riot in Ogoni land to Ikwerre people demanding that areas in PH be renamed in the Ikwerre dialect (at least Ikwerre people have a right to spell anyway they want even if they speak Igbo). What has Ken's role in the murder of 4 people got to do with abandoned properties and renaming parts of PH?

If Kalmebad and Afam have issues with renaming parts of PH or want to insist all RV people are Igbo and saboteurs in a failed war, they should open up a thread and pour their sorrows and stop deflecting this thread from the real issue which is about THE MURDER OF 4 MEN AND THE TRIAL OF THE SUSPECTS!

Statements like this does a lot of harm to your credibility.

Since democracy is all about 'majority', blacks are officially the most populous race in the US, the Igbos are an insignificant minority in Nigeria and Melford Okilo and Rufus Ada George are Igbo people. You are one funny dude grin

If you don't want to talk about the true and complete history of Ken Saro Wiwa, maybe you're in the wrong thread. We can't pick and chose what pleases your biased sensibility.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Dumale1: 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
This is not the first time that Donu Korgbara has openly expressed her hatred for the Ogoni struggle and Ken Saro Wiwa. She started it soon after his father denounced MOSOP for ministerial appointment and also, before these four men were murdered by the state; therefore, I am not surprise.  In all her articles against Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni struggle she has always exalted Shell.  She hasn’t complain anywhere about the devastation cause by Shell to our environment or support any move that will bring about justice for Ogoni and the entire Niger Delta region. Even without legal confrontation from the 13 families, the government of Nigeria has own up to some degree the role it plays in the killing of these individuals with appointments and cash to these families.

Therefore, Donu Korgbara is a great liar who was not even there in Nigeria to witness first hand, the brutality Ogoni people went through in the hands of the Nigerian government/Shell. She did not even care to find out from those security operatives that were sent to Ogoni to ensure the murder of these four individuals in order to justify the killing of Ken Saro Wiwa and eventually destroy the entire Ogoni struggle. All the memo from Shell, confession from  those who were paid to lie against Ken who defected, interviews from Paul Okuntimo etc  meant nothing to her as long as she is been paid to do her dirty job. Currently she has been offered an appointment by the River State government, maybe on Shell’s recommendation.

Finally, let it be clear to her that Ken Saro Wiwa earned the honor he received today even in his death, and the world understands that.  No matter how much money she may have received from Shell to embark on this campaign, she will not succeed because although Ken is not physically with us, his words have been received. I wonder why she did not speak out when Ken was alive.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
Dumbale, it is always good to get the Ogoni opinion on things. Thanks for the post.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2009
Dum-ale:

This is not the first time that Donu Korgbara has openly expressed her hatred for the Ogoni struggle and Ken Saro Wiwa. She started it soon after his father denounced MOSOP for ministerial appointment and also, before these four men were murdered by the state; therefore, I am not surprise.  In all her articles against Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni struggle she has always exalted Shell.  She hasn’t complain anywhere about the devastation cause by Shell to our environment or support any move that will bring about justice for Ogoni and the entire Niger Delta region. Even without legal confrontation from the 13 families, the government of Nigeria has own up to some degree the role it plays in the killing of these individuals with appointments and cash to these families.

Therefore, Donu Korgbara is a great liar who was not even there in Nigeria to witness first hand, the brutality Ogoni people went through in the hands of the Nigerian government/Shell. She did not even care to find out from those security operatives that were sent to Ogoni to ensure the murder of these four individuals in order to justify the killing of Ken Saro Wiwa and eventually destroy the entire Ogoni struggle. All the memo from Shell, confession from  those who were paid to lie against Ken who defected, interviews from Paul Okuntimo etc  meant nothing to her as long as she is been paid to do her dirty job. Currently she has been offered an appointment by the River State government, maybe on Shell’s recommendation.

Finally, let it be clear to her that Ken Saro Wiwa earned the honor he received today even in his death, and the world understands that.  No matter how much money she may have received from Shell to embark on this campaign, she will not succeed because although Ken is not physically with us, his words have been received. I wonder why she did not speak out when Ken was alive.

This post coming from a first time poster on this forum. Think something is wrong with this setup abi people don dey register multiple usernames to post supporting arguments?
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
hehehehe. . . . take it in good faith my brother. . . . Dumbales comment is the typical response I expect from an Ogoni indigene. . .
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehe. . . . take it in good faith my brother. . . . Dumbales comment is the typical response I expect from an Ogoni indigene. . .
We don't mind a voice of opposition shocked
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2009
^^^Dumbale's comment is not opposition. It is the overwhelming majority opinion in Ogoniland. grin For Gods sake, Saro-Wiwa is a man who organised a 300,000 man march in Ogoniland (3/5th of the population). You might have to check the record books to see if anyone in Nigeria has organised a peaceful protest on that scale before. . . .

Here's some reading material. It is essential to read this before forming opinions on the murder of the late Ogoni Chiefs and where the responsibility lies. . .

http://www.berkeleycitizen.org/boycott/boycott2.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts / Gov Fashola Accused Of Impregnating A Lagos State Govt Staff / Hell Will Break Loose In The Nation If Ekweremadu – Pdp senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.