Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,178 members, 7,867,420 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

The Forgotten Four - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Forgotten Four (5439 Views)

The Forgotten Army Of WWII / The Forgotten Army Of WWII: West Africa’s Soldiers In Burma / Fajuyi- The Forgotten Nigerian Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
Why didn't the police look for the mob coordinators instead they went to pick up Ken that was under house arrest at that time. These Ogoni 4 with strong links to the RVSG were perceived by the general Ogoni populace as traitors and should have been aware of their position in the scheme of things in Ogoni land.

Is it not Shell that used to bulldoze farms and lay pipelines in Ogoni without any concession?

naijaking1:

Isn't it funny how idiots without any sense of history would call someone names for trying to remind them the origin of events

How does the superior fire power of the Nigerian Army in 1970 relate to Ogoni V Shell V FG struggles. Why don't you join Uwazuruike and form your wonderful Biafra?

As far as you are concerned any squabble in RV state is related to the fact that the secession attempt by Ojukwu was not successful abi?
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
ow11:

Why didn't the police look for the mob coordinators instead they went to pick up Ken that was under house arrest at that time. These Ogoni 4 with strong links to the RVSG were perceived by the general Ogoni populace as traitors and should have been aware of their position in the scheme of things in Ogoni land.

Is it not Shell that used to bulldoze farms and lay pipelines in Ogoni without any concession?

Thank you my brother. . . . I dont know why some people choose to make presumptions with knowing the background to the story. . . . anybody who was in Rivers State at the time know wetin dey shele. . . . infact, I am surprised at this laughable attempt to tarnish Saro's reputation. . . . we all know Saro was an idealist, but he was never violent or used violent rhetoric. . . . the people know their leaders. . . . the leaders were not ready for the pace of change and misjudged the mood of their people. . . . they thought they could propagate their old ways of doing business. . . . many of these guys are ex-ministers and commissioners. . . . it is hard to embrace real change when you have been used to a certain way of doing things and the status quo is in your favour. . .
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
ow11:

GBAM.

ow11:

How does the superior fire power of the Nigerian Army in 1970 relate to Ogoni V Shell V FG struggles. Why don't you join Uwazuruike and form your wonderful Biafra?

As far as you are concerned any squabble in RV state is related to the fact that the secession attempt by Ojukwu was not successful abi?

Don't mind the dumb Arrow. I don't know how he felt the need to link Igbo into a Sarowiwa/Ogoni discussion.
Re: The Forgotten Four by texazzpete(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2009
ow11:

And so you casually justify their deaths because of their 'strong links with the RVSG'?

There's no justification for them being brutally murdered. it's one thing for you to defend Saro Wiwa, but stop defending the indefensible. It's wrong, plain and simple.

Every hero has some level of taint in them. it doesn't make them evil, merely human. For example, for all her past corrupt activities, Benazir Bhutto is still revered as a heroine by many in Pakistan.
Re: The Forgotten Four by texazzpete(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
I just read the link provided by Ibime, only to see the 'forgotten four' described in glowing terms by Saro Wiwa. He even goes as far as calling them 'great ogoni patriots'.

So much for the 'evil traitors' you guys are desperately trying to paint them as to justify their deaths.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
ow11:

What superior fire power in 1970?
In as much as you would like to run away from your own dirty little nasty and brutal history, it remains a sociological fact that rewarding a group for betraying their larger society lays very veryvery bad precedence.
Yes, you reward the Ogonis and the Ijaws for betraying Eastern Nigerians in 1960s, and today, you expect people not to think betraying their own larger society doesn't pay?
You must either be joking grin, or you have no concept of basic societal behaviours.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
texazzpete:

And so you casually justify their deaths because of their 'strong links with the RVSG'?

There's no justification for them being brutally murdered. it's one thing for you to defend Saro Wiwa, but stop defending the indefensible. It's wrong, plain and simple.

Every hero has some level of taint in them. it doesn't make them evil, merely human. For example, for all her past corrupt activities, Benazir Bhutto is still revered as a heroine by many in Pakistan.

A quick question for you, Was Shell totally innocent of all the allegations labelled against them by the Ogoni in 1993?

I did not justify their murder, I only stated that they should have be more aware of their own safety when they were hobnobbing with the military administrator of RV state. Saro Wiwa didn't want to be affiliated with them and quite rightly so as they did not share the same ideology. Laying the blame for their murder squarely at the feet of Saro Wiwa is flawed because the mob felt aggrieved at their own perceived anti-Ogoni stance.

texazzpete:

I just read the link provided by Ibime, only to see the 'forgotten four' described in glowing terms by Saro Wiwa. He even goes as far as calling them 'great ogoni patriots'.

So much for the 'evil traitors' you guys are desperately trying to paint them as to justify their deaths.

The mob reacted to their stand on allowing Shell continue to operating in Ogoni land which the general populace was clearly against. Nothing to do with Saro Wiwa inciting anyone.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
naijaking1:

What superior fire power in 1970?
In as much as you would like to run away from your own dirty little nasty and brutal history, it remains a sociological fact that rewarding a group for betraying their larger society lays very veryvery bad precedence.
Yes, you reward the Ogonis and the Ijaws for betraying Eastern Nigerians in 1960s, and today, you expect people not to think betraying their own larger society doesn't pay?
You must either be joking grin, or you have no concept of basic societal behaviours.

Ogoni brouhaha has nothing to do with a civil war that the leader of one the belligerents ran for his dear life when he saw he was losing a war. If you want to go to war again. Mr Uwazuruike is there, you can go and join him.

The problems of RV state are not tied to the unsuccessful attempt to secede from Nigeria by Mr Ojukwu and his cohorts.  The day you learn that superior fire power and logistics and not 'sabotage' by a minority group were the reason, the better for you. Was it Saro Wiwa that organised to blockade of the entire Biafran region or told Harold Wilson to supply Gowon with lots of weapons? Abeg make we hear word! Every thread about RV state or Ijaw, you guys will jump in and start talking about Biafra.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
He definitely feels Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibiobios and co owe some allegiance by force to Biafra and not Nigeria.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2009
ow11:

Ogoni brouhaha has nothing to do with a civil war that the leader of one the belligerents ran for his dear life when he saw he was losing a war. If you want to go to war again. Mr Uwazuruike is there, you can go and join him.

The problems of RV state are not tied to the unsuccessful attempt to secede from Nigeria by Mr Ojukwu and his cohorts. The day you learn that superior fire power and logistics and not 'sabotage' by a minority group were the reason, the better for you. Was it Saro Wiwa that organised to blockade of the entire Biafran region or told Harold Wilson to supply Gowon with lots of weapons? Abeg make we hear word! Every thread about RV state or Ijaw, you guys will jump in and start talking about Biafra.

I don't know how you can't see the pattern of misinformation, betrayal, and injustice that characterize the people in question. It's like a continuous repeat play of a very bad song. Despite the emotional energy invested by supporters and betrayers of Biafra alike, the fact remains that there's a clear pattern. Eventually, when people want to change some of these retrogressive behaviours, these patterns would have to be studied, analyzed, and dismantled. It's like history is repeating itself over and over again, and you don't want to hear it, because it hurts.

Sagamite:

He definitely feels Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibiobios and co owe some allegiance by force to Biafra and not Nigeria.
Nobody owes anybody any allegiance, but the point i'm making to you is that there is a clear pattern to the way Ijaws betrayed Biafra to the way Ijaws are betraying themselves today. Sorry, make that Ogonis.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2009
naijaking1:

Nobody owes anybody any allegiance, but the point i'm making to you is that there is a clear pattern to the way Ijaws betrayed Biafra to the way Ijaws are betraying themselves today. Sorry, make that Ogonis.

What did the Ijaws or Ogonis owe Biafra that can be referred to as betrayal?
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2009
naijaking1:

I don't know how you can't see the pattern of misinformation, betrayal, and injustice that characterize the people in question. It's like a continuous repeat play of a very bad song. Despite the emotional energy invested by supporters and betrayers of Biafra alike, the fact remains that there's a clear pattern. Eventually, when people want to change some of these retrogressive behaviours, these patterns would have to be studied, analyzed, and dismantled. It's like history is repeating itself over and over again, and you don't want to hear it, because it hurts.

If the Northern Oligarch's sole aim is to destroy and kill all SS and SE Nigerians; How does that explain why you still believe the current problems in the SS is a payback the minorities are getting for an unsuccessful war? When these same minorities are accused by you to have supported the 'oligarchs'. I am just bemused that you can not see problems for what they are not try to link every issue to that very bitter war that claimed over a million lives.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
Sagamite:

You really want to know

ow11:

If the Northern Oligarch's sole aim is to destroy and kill all SS and SE Nigerians; How does that explain why you still believe the current problems in the SS is a payback the minorities are getting for an unsuccessful war? When these same minorities are accused by you to have supported the 'oligarchs'. I am just bemused that you can not see problems for what they are not try to link every issue to that very bitter war that claimed over a million lives.

The attack on the SS is not an isolated event from the attack on SE, because of the 3 former regions in Nigeria, our own is the only one where people get reinforcement from the federal government to hate each other, and remain divided. The SS is being successfully ravaged, because a lot of propaganda has been used to alienated eastern Nigerians from each other since the 1960s.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2009
It is sad that this thread has been reduced to Saro Wiwa being hero worshiped by some.

Is it the same man that spearheaded the abandoned properties program in Rivers state where properties of Igbos were seized by people who could not own their own houses.

The same man that was made a commissioner at around 26 years in return for his position went to CIC Enugu and UNN with Eastern Region money.

The same man that came to plead with the Igbos to help him fight the Ogoni issue in Enugu where Ojukwu was reported to have told him Good morning as he was just seeing what Ojukwu saw a 1/4 century ago as at that time.

I do not believe that talking about the dead is the best way to discuss the issue at hand but to show apathy to the murdered people while trying to project the late Saro Wiwa as a perfect man is plain nonsense and shameful.

A lot of us are mere hypocrites and nothing more.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Afam
Thank you, I didn't know as much.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2009
Afam:

It is sad that this thread has been reduced to Saro Wiwa being hero worshiped by some.

Is it the same man that spearheaded the abandoned properties program in Rivers state where properties of Igbos were seized by people who could not own their own houses.

The same man that was made a commissioner at around 26 years in return for his position went to CIC Enugu and UNN with Eastern Region money.

The same man that came to plead with the Igbos to help him fight the Ogoni issue in Enugu where Ojukwu was reported to have told him Good morning as he was just seeing what Ojukwu saw a 1/4 century ago as at that time.

I do not believe that talking about the dead is the best way to discuss the issue at hand but to show apathy to the murdered people while trying to project the late Saro Wiwa as a perfect man is plain nonsense and shameful.

You do realise that the world doesn't revolve around Igbo people and the civil war.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2009
ow11:

You do realise that the world doesn't revolve around Igbo people and the civil war.

You're so blind-sighted by Igbos and the civil war that you and your type have refused to see the 2000 ton gorrilla in the room coming for you.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
naijaking1:

You really want to know

Yes, I do.

Please be comprehensive and be explicit.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2009
Sagamite:

Yes, I do.

Please be comprehensive and be explicit.

I can't rewrite history just to prove a point to you. But while you celebrate Ken Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro for their "bravery" on the Nigerian side during the civil war, check out the most recent post by Eziechi:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-257736.128.html

While every Ijaw and Ogoni man did not participate in the slaughter of their Igbo cousins, and some even fought with them against the Nigerian side; your persistent glorification of these 2 personalities underscore their efforts to undermine their own homeland.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
naijaking1:

I can't rewrite history just to prove a point to you. But while you celebrate Ken Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro for their "bravery" on the Nigerian side during the civil war, check out the most recent post by Eziechi:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-257736.128.html

While every Ijaw and Ogoni man did not participate in the slaughter of their Igbo cousins, and some even fought with them against the Nigerian side; your persistent glorification of these 2 personalities underscore their efforts to undermine their own homeland.

My friend, my question is:

If you can't answer the question, just shut up.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 4:09am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Exhibit 1- Ijaw betrayal of Biafra.

This quotation is from a website maintained by United Ijaw group, and Adaka Boro group:

http://www.unitedijawstates.com/boro.html

It is no use to repeat that Isaac Boro who was jailed by the Maj. Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi government on recommendation by the supreme court of Nigeria was pardoned by Lt. Col Yakubu Gowon’s government and later commissioned by the Nigerian Army as an officer to help liberate southern territories under Biafran control. He recruited Rivers men who volunteered to serve under him and gave them brief training at Escravos. According to Obasanjo on page 47 of [1], Boro’s one-thousand Rivers men were "hurriedly and poorly trained with little or nothing in the way of training facilities and resources". His group was then attached to the 3 Marine Commando Division (then 3 Marine) under the command of Col. Benjamin Adekunle. Adekunle’s post-war political ambition was captured aptly by Obasanjo in his book "My Command"

Exhibit-2 Ken Saro Wiwa (Ogoni) Betrayal of Biafra

http://www.ratical.org/corporations/KSWstmt.html

But that was not to be. Instead of negotiation, the nation plunged headlong into the drama of war. When I perceived that violence was being urged as a weapon for the settlement of disputes, I left the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where I was a Graduate Assistant and subsequently escaped in a dug-out canoe through the creeks and rivers of the Niger delta to Bonny and thence to Lagos to identify with the federal government.
Throughout the war, I found that I was almost the only one, of the entire Ogoni elite, who stood by Nigeria. The men of my age group and beyond who have given evidence at this Tribunal or who were listed as prosecution witnesses in the proof of evidence -- Dr. G. B. Leton, Mr. I. S. Kogbara, Kemte Giadom as well as the men who were sadly murdered on May 21, 1994 were all on the opposite side of the argument.

So, Sir you see clearly and beyond any doubt that there  is indeed documented evidence of how Ogoni and Ijaw people joined forces with Hausa and Yoruba people to kill and betray the Igbos during the 1960s.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 4:16am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

I think you're the person that needs to shut up, or better still, go read some books, and open your eyes shocked
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2009
naijaking1:

I think you're the person that needs to shut up, or better still, go read some books, and open your eyes shocked

Why do you have to turn every thread about RV people into a 'they sabotaged Biafra thread'? There are gazillions of threads about this on NL and you can go there to prove your point. If you have nothing to contribute on this topic besides bringing in war stories then ignore this thread. Is that too difficult?

This thread is about the Saro Wiwa, Shell compensation and the families of the Ogoni 4 thought to have been killed by the orders of Saro Wiwa. IT IS NOT ABOUT BIAFRA OR THE CIVIL WAR!!!If you know the story or were present in PH between 1993 and 1995, then by all means you can drop your opinion and we may possibly hear more stories than is already known.

What has Ogonis having internal stress go to do with a civil war? OR Ogonis never had squabbles amongst themselves before they 'betrayed' Ojukwu during the civil war?
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2009
Abeg make una no bring any civil war nonsense enter this thread. Saro had already made peace with Ohanaeze Ndigbo before he went to the great beyond, so I see no reason for internet warriors to avenge what their elders have already forgiven.

texazzpete:

texazzpete:

I wonder when you will stop speaking out of the side of your mouth. . . .

Now, both your posts above are highly contradictory, and even a man with the brain of a peanut would notice it. . . . . it is either Saro-Wiwa was 'tainted' - implying his incitement led to the deaths of the 4. . . . or he praised the 4 as Ogoni patriots. . . . which one?. . . . pick one and stop this stupid charade.

Why would Saro not praise the 4? Are they not brothers and in-laws? They have been friends and compadres since the 1960's. That doesn't mean that Saro would not criticise them when need be - but never in a violent way!

At the same time, we dont need to paint them as traitors. Their people know what it is and why they took mob action against them.

Now, its time to drop this silly argument. If you repeat it long enough, it will start to gain some traction. The writer totally lost credibility by failing to disclose that her father was a prosecution witness. Instead of arguing whether Saro was complicit in the death of the 4, we should be asking whether her father was complicit in Saro's murder.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2009
naijaking1:

Exhibit 1- Ijaw betrayal of Biafra.

This quotation is from a website maintained by United Ijaw group, and Adaka Boro group:

http://www.unitedijawstates.com/boro.html

It is no use to repeat that Isaac Boro who was jailed by the Maj. Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi government on recommendation by the supreme court of Nigeria was pardoned by Lt. Col Yakubu Gowon’s government and later commissioned by the Nigerian Army as an officer to help liberate southern territories under Biafran control. He recruited Rivers men who volunteered to serve under him and gave them brief training at Escravos. According to Obasanjo on page 47 of [1], Boro’s one-thousand Rivers men were "hurriedly and poorly trained with little or nothing in the way of training facilities and resources". His group was then attached to the 3 Marine Commando Division (then 3 Marine) under the command of Col. Benjamin Adekunle. Adekunle’s post-war political ambition was captured aptly by Obasanjo in his book "My Command"

Exhibit-2 Ken Saro Wiwa (Ogoni) Betrayal of Biafra

http://www.ratical.org/corporations/KSWstmt.html

But that was not to be. Instead of negotiation, the nation plunged headlong into the drama of war. When I perceived that violence was being urged as a weapon for the settlement of disputes, I left the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where I was a Graduate Assistant and subsequently escaped in a dug-out canoe through the creeks and rivers of the Niger delta to Bonny and thence to Lagos to identify with the federal government.
Throughout the war, I found that I was almost the only one, of the entire Ogoni elite, who stood by Nigeria. The men of my age group and beyond who have given evidence at this Tribunal or who were listed as prosecution witnesses in the proof of evidence -- Dr. G. B. Leton, Mr. I. S. Kogbara, Kemte Giadom as well as the men who were sadly murdered on May 21, 1994 were all on the opposite side of the argument.

So, Sir you see clearly and beyond any doubt that there is indeed documented evidence of how Ogoni and Ijaw people joined forces with Hausa and Yoruba people to kill and betray the Igbos during the 1960s.

My friend, my question is, and I repeat:

Re: The Forgotten Four by omooloye1(f): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2009
It's a beautiful thing to always hear the other side of the story.It helps our sense of judgement.
Many of our so-called heroes in Nigeria were not as good as we thought they were.We are merely
sympathetic about them because of the stories we were fed with.Some of us cannot be fooled forever,
once we know the truth, it sets us free.

Directly or indirectly, Ken was responsible for the murder of those unfortunate four.He incited the mob
against them.All you die-hard disciples of Ken Saro Wiwa should quit justifying him. He was not the only sacrificial lamb during Abacha regime.

[quote][/quote]
that this thread has been reduced to Saro Wiwa being hero worshiped by some.

And you say this man is a martyr!!!!
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2009
omo oloye:

Directly or indirectly, Ken was responsible for the murder of those unfortunate four.He incited the mob
against them.All you die-hard disciples of Ken Saro Wiwa should quit justifying him. He was not the only sacrificial lamb during Abacha regime.

Sorry, but can you explain how he incited the mob?
Re: The Forgotten Four by congoshine(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2009
texazzpete,
Are you Alhaji Kobani's son?? He escaped assasination by escaping into a shrine back then. . , . .

I was telling some mates here that there was actually another side to the Ken Saro-Wiwa story. He was actually convicted in a courtof law,the only problem was that Abacha was in a hurry to execute him. . .

Quite sad sha. I hope peace comes to that part of the country soon. . . . .
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

My friend, my question is, and I repeat:

It's either you're really being disingenous, or that you truely don't don't understand that people owe a certain level of loyalty to their family, town, state/region, and country. A citizen born and raised in Eastern Nigeria, attended CIC Enugu, and then UNN, had representatives at the eastern house of assembly definitely owes loyalty to Biafra. I take it that loyalty might not be something you guys understand, and for obvious reasons. If you still don't understand that Ogonis, ijaws, Igbos, Ibibios, etc owe a certain degree of loyalty to their eastern Nigerian region, then I can't help you any more.

ow11:

Why do you have to turn every thread about RV people into a 'they sabotaged Biafra thread'? There are gazillions of threads about this on NL and you can go there to prove your point. If you have nothing to contribute on this topic besides bringing in war stories then ignore this thread. Is that too difficult?

This thread is about the Saro Wiwa, Shell compensation and the families of the Ogoni 4 thought to have been killed by the orders of Saro Wiwa. IT IS NOT ABOUT BIAFRA OR THE CIVIL WAR!!!If you know the story or were present in PH between 1993 and 1995, then by all means you can drop your opinion and we may possibly hear more stories than is already known.

What has Ogonis having internal stress go to do with a civil war? OR Ogonis never had squabbles amongst themselves before they 'betrayed' Ojukwu during the civil war?
You can't be ashamed of your past by any chance, can you? Whenever the story of a great eastern Nigerian city like PH is written, the input of Igbos, the subsequent betrayal by Ogoni and Ijaw people, the abandoned property issue will always be part of the story. It will pass from generation to generation, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, especially when the victims of those unjustly practices are still alive and well.

Ken Saro Wiwa- may his soul rest in peace, made his peace with Igbo people, but paid the ultimate price at the hands of his Hausa benefactors. This is a great story of why you should never betray your own people, no matter the internal divisions you may have. You can't discuss Alexander the Great without mentioning his various conquests. In the same vein, you can't discuss Ken without the full chronicle of his life, including his slipping out to join the federal side to kill his fellow Ogonis and other eastern Nigerians during the war.

The present Ogoni internal strife is not very different from the Biafran internal strife, and I don't know why you can't see the similarity. They say that As Above so Below. Most importantly, this thread is about the forgotten brave 4 Ogoni men who fought on the side of their eastern Nigerian brethren despite being betrayed by people like Ken Saro Wiwa, Adaka Boro, and Diette Spiff. The 4 should not be forgotten anymore sad
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Sorry, but can you explain how he incited the mob?

Don't even bother with the idiot. Some people need to check the dictionary for the meaning of incitement before writing rubbish. How can a man who never used any violent rhetoric be called an instigator? Even the bungled-up trial that led to his political killing wouldn't dare try him for incitement because there is nothing on record to show he was an instigator. They tried him on 'directly ordering' the death of those 4 men. Ledum Mitee, the new leader of MOSOP was supposed to stand trial as well but the Nigerian Bar Association said they would go on strike if Ledum was tried, hence Abacha let him off.

OW11 said it right - if you were not in Rivers State between 1992 - 1995, likelihood is you no know wetin dey ground. That 4 men who were hobnobbing with the peoples killers and oppressors (check the role of RSVG in Ogoni killings with regards to arming Andoni and Okrika Bush Boys to kill Ogonis, check the slaughter of Ogonis by the military task force, check the role of Shell and Chevron in hiring Helicopters and Boats to the Army which were used in the slaughter of hundreds of Ogonis). Now if these 4 men were openly hobnobbing with these enemies of the people, what more cause do you need to look for for the mob action? This is not in any way justifying the mob action, but the history of the men who were killed should inform any seasoned observer that you do not need to look to Saro-Wiwa to know why these men were regarded as traitors. 4 men of Gokhana origin, killed by Gokhanas in Gokhana land, then blamed on a Khana man? What a laugh!
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2009
congoshine:

texazzpete,
Are you Alhaji Kobani's son?? He escaped assasination by escaping into a shrine back then. . , . .

I was telling some mates here that there was actually another side to the Ken Saro-Wiwa story. He was actually convicted in a courtof law,the only problem was that Abacha was in a hurry to execute him. . .

Quite sad sha. I hope peace comes to that part of the country soon. . . . .

Bollocks!!!

He was convicted in a military court because it was obvious there will be no basis for charges in a court of law. Get your facts right.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 10:48am On Jun 16, 2009
naijaking1:

It's either you're really being disingenous, or that you truely don't don't understand that people owe a certain level of loyalty to their family, town, state/region, and country. A citizen born and raised in Eastern Nigeria, attended CIC Enugu, and then UNN, had representatives at the eastern house of assembly definitely owes loyalty to Biafra. I take it that loyalty might not be something you guys understand, and for obvious reasons. If you still don't understand that Ogonis, ijaws, Igbos, Ibibios, etc owe a certain degree of loyalty to their eastern Nigerian region, then I can't help you any more.

I thought their participation in the house of assembly was as an allegiance to Nigeria. So don't you think they should retain their allegiance and loyalty to Nigeria? What makes you think they owe that to Biafra?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Watch Nta Online For Free (link) / Ojukwu: Gowon Blasted Over Biafra Comments / Ojukwu Is A Blood Sucker While The Igbos Are Slaves In Nigeria-EDWIN CLARKE 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.