Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,514 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Forgotten Four - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Forgotten Four (5440 Views)

The Forgotten Army Of WWII / The Forgotten Army Of WWII: West Africa’s Soldiers In Burma / Fajuyi- The Forgotten Nigerian Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Kalmebad
Thank you.
It's hard to speak to an audience that lacks the history, experience, and understanding you have about any particular topic. More difficult when they're biased for one reason or another. However, the truth cannot be biased, if we don't understand truth today, tomorrow, maybe we will.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Dede1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ken Saro-Wiwa, like bunch of ingrates from the so-called South-south, deserved what he got from federal government of Nigeria. When Ken attended Government College, Umuahia on the Shell-BP scholarship grant, he did not realize that the Ogoni land is being devastated by oil drilling operations of the crude oil company.

Also, when he found himself on the academic corridors of UNN, again on the scholarship grant provided by the Shell-BP, he suffered dementia that rendered him forgettable of Shell drilling operations in Ogoni land.

Anybody identified as being a glorified flippant and a noted biter of the finger that fed him or her must meet with a sudden calamity. It was long ago that the idiocy being played out by certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria was tailored to the fear of Igbo dominance, then Shell-BP negligence and recently it had to be federal government injustice. Looking at the antics of certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria, I should have to agree that the crude oil discovery in the jungle called Nigeria is indeed a curse.

As for the death of the Ogoni four, Ken Saro-Wiwa was guilty as charged. He was the acclaimed leader of the miscreants that cold-bloodedly murdered Ken’s rivals and who were indeed better than Ken Saro-Wiwa in any phase of human endeavor. He was the ring master in the circle of back stabbers and ingrates who would turn against the particular finger that fed them. Ken Saro-Wiwa would not have been made a commissioner in River State if not for the efforts of Chief E. Kobani.
Re: The Forgotten Four by FLOW101: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Ibime
thank you for that link to Ken's speech at the tribunal. I am sorry about the persons killed by their own people. But it is impossible to incite a people to kill their own in Nigeria, especially without overwhelming cause. We still have politicians who sell off the progress of their constituencies under the guise of being "moderates".
Ken Saro-Wiwa was a true leader. He was a prophet. Read his defence and you'll see what I mean. I am not an Ogoni indigine but I am swept off my feet at such boldness, vision and sacrifice. True, Ken may have had weak points like bad eating manners but who cares? His message is what remains important to me.
A leader never truely dies. Let the people decide if the "forgotten four" were truely leaders.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
naijaking1:

If you don't want to talk about the true and complete history of Ken Saro Wiwa, maybe you're in the wrong thread.

I am on the right thread as this thread is about his role in the murders and the seemingly quiet stance of the press and public sentiments towards the plight of the murder victims and their family and NOT about his life history or alleged sabotage of the Biafra war in favour of the Nigerian Army.
Re: The Forgotten Four by gmemdee(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2009
The thing I don't quite get is what the article ( and the one by Comfort Obi in today's guardian) is really about.
Ken Saro Wiwa's family and friends felt that Shell connived in the trial and eventual 'murder' of their father. They sought
out a country (the US) with a legal code where they could bring action against Shell. After a long, tedious legal
process ( eight years or so) at their own cost, Shell decided it was in their interest to settle. I fail to see how this is related to the Ogoni
four, or that Ken Saro Wiwa's family did anything wrong by seeking to get Shell to pay for their actions.
If Shell had not relented and settled, if Ken Saro Wiwa's family had not brought a case against Shell would there
be any talk about the Ogoni four?

My comments should not be construed to mean those related to the Ogoni four do feel any pain or anguish. Ken Saro Wiwa's
children are just not responsible for that pain.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 12:50am On Jun 18, 2009
gmemdee:

The thing I don't quite get is what the article ( and the one by Comfort Obi in today's guardian) is really about.
Ken Saro Wiwa's family and friends felt that Shell connived in the trial and eventual 'murder' of their father. They sought
out a country (the US) with a legal code where they could bring action against Shell. After a long, tedious legal
process ( eight years or so) at their own cost, Shell decided it was in their interest to settle. I fail to see how this is related to the Ogoni
four, or that Ken Saro Wiwa's family did anything wrong by seeking to get Shell to pay for their actions.
If Shell had not relented and settled, if Ken Saro Wiwa's family had not brought a case against Shell would there
be any talk about the Ogoni four?

My comments should not be construed to mean those related to the Ogoni four do feel any pain or anguish. Ken Saro Wiwa's
children are just not responsible for that pain.
The family of the forgotten 4 has a right under US legal system to bring a wrongful death suit against Ken Saro Wiwa and his estate. After all, he (Ken) was convicted of complicity in their assasination. Many lawyers would sue the Ken Saro Wiwa family so that they don't profit from the criminal action of their father.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Sagamite(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2009
Dede1:

Ken Saro-Wiwa, like bunch of ingrates from the so-called South-south, deserved what he got from federal government of Nigeria. When Ken attended Government College, Umuahia on the Shell-BP scholarship grant, he did not realize that the Ogoni land is being devastated by oil drilling operations of the crude oil company.

Also, when he found himself on the academic corridors of UNN, again on the scholarship grant provided by the Shell-BP, he suffered dementia that rendered him forgettable of Shell drilling operations in Ogoni land.

Anybody identified as being a glorified flippant and a noted biter of the finger that fed him or her must meet with a sudden calamity. It was long ago that the idiocy being played out by certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria was tailored to the fear of Igbo dominance, then Shell-BP negligence and recently it had to be federal government injustice. Looking at the antics of certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria, I should have to agree that the crude oil discovery in the jungle called Nigeria is indeed a curse.

As for the death of the Ogoni four, Ken Saro-Wiwa was guilty as charged. He was the acclaimed leader of the miscreants that cold-bloodedly murdered Ken’s rivals and who were indeed better than Ken Saro-Wiwa in any phase of human endeavor. He was the ring master in the circle of back stabbers and ingrates who would turn against the particular finger that fed them. Ken Saro-Wiwa would not have been made a commissioner in River State if not for the efforts of Chief E. Kobani.

Pathetic, dimwitted slowpoke.
Re: The Forgotten Four by kalmebad(f): 9:02am On Jun 18, 2009
ow11:

Na wa for some people. This thread was started with the intention to draw attention to the role Ken Saro Wiwa played in the murder of 4 Ogoni chiefs in 1994 and the possibly the rationale behind compensating Ken's family and his followers and ignoring the families of the 4 Ogoni chiefs.

Instead some people have tried unsuccesfully to relate a riot in Ogoni land to Ikwerre people demanding that areas in PH be renamed in the Ikwerre dialect (at least Ikwerre people have a right to spell anyway they want even if they speak Igbo). What has Ken's role in the murder of 4 people got to do with abandoned properties and renaming parts of PH?

If Kalmebad and Afam have issues with renaming parts of PH or want to insist all RV people are Igbo and saboteurs in a failed war, they should open up a thread and pour their sorrows and stop deflecting this thread from the real issue which is about [b]THE MURDER OF 4 MEN AND THE TRIAL OF THE SUSPECTS![/b]

Statements like this does a lot of harm to your credibility.

Since democracy is all about 'majority', blacks are officially the most populous race in the US, the Igbos are an insignificant minority in Nigeria and Melford Okilo and Rufus Ada George are Igbo people. You are one funny dude grin

Hey, i have no issue with you nor ogoni people, so u better watch how u mention my name on this thread, The reason naijaKing brought in that i guess is that you can't talk of the presence without re-visting the past, cus histroy is always presented in chronological orders. I was never born b4 the war, i only went asking in my curiousity to know, hope you have read other comments of mine b4 that, why didn't u refute the claims, tot u would have. U dare mention my name again, u will join Ken Saro Wiwa and the four.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2009
ow11:

I am on the right thread as this thread is about his role in the murders and the seemingly quiet stance of the press and public sentiments towards the plight of the murder victims and their family and NOT about his life history or alleged sabotage of the Biafra war in favour of the Nigerian Army.
I have told you time without number that you can't discuss Ken Saro Wiwa, Adaka Boro, and fights in ND without discussing Biafra. Can you talk about Nigeria without saying that it was so wrongly almagamated in 1914 by Lugard? Or, are you too daft to understand the need to always take a historical perspective
Re: The Forgotten Four by Abagworo(m): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2009
@poster.i'm so happy that someone has finally revealed what has been burging me for 15 years.i was in jss3 then and had one of the murdered men as a friends father.we cried so much and were happy when justice was done.i however was stunned when in my university days saro-wiwa was deemed innocent and framed up.i knew all along that he and his men slaughtered my friends dad but if it came out from me(a non-ogoni),nigerians will call it igbo propaganda.may their soul rest in peace.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2009
kalmebad:

Hey, i have no issue with you nor ogoni people, so u better watch how u mention my name on this thread, The reason naijaKing brought in that i guess is that you can't talk of the presence without re-visting the past, cus histroy is always presented in chronological orders. I was never born b4 the war, i only went asking in my curiousity to know, hope you have read other comments of mine b4 that, why didn't u refute the claims, tot u would have. U dare mention my name again, u will join Ken Saro Wiwa and the four.

Jeez! I am so scared. . . . F@#kin' Cunt!!! kalmebad. . .kalmebad. . . .kalmebad. . .there I mentioned your name 3 times come and get me with those sagging stretch-mark riddled tities of yours. . . F@#kin' Cunt!!!

naijaking1:

I have told you time without number that you can't discuss Ken Saro Wiwa, Adaka Boro, and fights in ND without discussing Biafra. Can you talk about Nigeria without saying that it was so wrongly almagamated in 1914 by Lugard? Or, are you too daft to understand the need to always take a historical perspective

Alright! You win, Ijaws betrayed Igbos in 1970 and they should all rot in hell!!!! Happy now!!!! Whenever Bille and Nembe have any communal clash over a boundary dispute I will surely remind them that their fathers betrayed the Igbos during the civil war that's why they are killing each other. Thanks for enlightening me. . .  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2009
Hell hath no fury like Biafra scorned grin

One may have to resort to using the 'report to moderator' button next time these guys derail Niger-Delta threads and start yarning nonsense. grin
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2009
Ibime:

Hell hath no fury like Biafra scorned grin

One may have to resort to using the 'report to moderator' button next time these guys derail Niger-Delta threads and start yarning nonsense. grin
I almost forgot you know some Shakespare too grin
Go ahead open a thread to discuss Niger-Delta that has no Igbos cool
I hope you realize how hostile you're to views and opinions that oppose yours.
You really want to silence every divergent views forever, don't you?

What's going to make you happy?
1. Establish national holidays to celebrate National Saboteurs Day in honor of Ken Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro?
2. Print the picture of Ken Saro Wiwa in the 20 naira note to show how many houses he recieved as a compensation for betraying his brothers; as abandoned property?
3. Print picture of Adaka Boro on 1 naira note to show how he could have become king of the Niger Delta republic with support from Gowon?
4. Change the name of the jail where Abacha hanged Ken Saro Wiwa to: I shall never betray my brothers prison
5. Immortalize the spot where Lt. Col. Adenkunle had Adaka Boro killed as: I have learnt my lessons memorial
Re: The Forgotten Four by Dede1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Pathetic, dimwitted slowpoke.

You have proved to be the dumbest fool and latent idiot who have ever visited this forum. The state of your ignorance is so conspicuous and your posts disclose a dolt who knew next to nothing.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
Dede1:

You have proved to be the dumbest fool and latent idiot who have ever visited this forum. The state of your ignorance is so conspicuous and your posts disclose a dolt who knew next to nothing.

Dis one na upper cut and below the belt all join together.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2009
hehehehe. . . . . Dede1 is a clown. . .
Re: The Forgotten Four by Afam(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Ibime,

I would want to believe that I am not the only person that have noticed your intolerance to views you disagree with especially as regards insulting people and trying to even insult a tribe including making very grave allegations against the dead.

I stated yesterday that he who comes to equity must do so in clean hands.

It is not in your own best interest to carry on like this.

Even twins from the same womb disagree on issues so you must learn as a matter of common sense to agree or disagree with people without resorting to going to war to settle disagreements.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ Afam,

I dont insult tribes. I no get time for that.

Allegations against the dead? Go and ask any Ogoni man about what they think about what happened to the chiefs involved. They would tell you that they were perceived to be against the struggle. I am only repeating what I've been told over and over. That is the Ogoni perception, not mine. Even an Ogoni man has come on the thread to tell you koro-koro. These divergent views about Saro-Wiwas complicity are mostly held by the families of the dead, and almost no one else in Ogoni land. Of course some Biafrans would hold those views as well, but we all know why. . . . .

If you notice, I contribute mostly to Rivers State topics on Nairaland. Thats because I dont like talking about things I have little knowledge on. For example, you wouldnt see me invoving myself in Israeli-Palestinian debate etc. I am not intolerant of views, but I am intolerant of sciolism, superficial knowledge and hasty deductions.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
ow11:

Alright! You win, Ijaws betrayed Igbos in 1970 and they should all rot in hell!!!! Happy now!!!! Whenever Bille and Nembe have any communal clash over a boundary dispute I will surely remind them that their fathers betrayed the Igbos during the civil war that's why they are killing each other. Thanks for enlightening me. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

My point exactly shocked
Before the large scale betrayal of Igbos by people like Ken Saro Wiwa, a dispute between 2 eastern Nigerian towns like Bille and Nembe would have been settled by men of honor and intergrity. After being hansomely rewarded with government positions, 3-4 'abandoned properties', Ken showed us that betrayal paid well, so much so that our people now think that honesty, intergrity, and honor are[b] less important [/b] than being aligned with a more powerful outside influence. You just don't have any sociological concept do you
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
naijaking1:

My point exactly shocked
Before the large scale betrayal of Igbos by people like Ken Saro Wiwa, a dispute between 2 eastern Nigerian towns like Bille and Nembe would have been settled by men of honor and intergrity. After being hansomely rewarded with government positions, 3-4 'abandoned properties', Ken showed us that betrayal paid well, so much so that our people now think that honesty, intergrity, and honor are[b] less important [/b] than being aligned with a more powerful outside influence. You just don't have any sociological concept do you

So are you telling me no two Ijaw kingdoms ever had any scuffle before 1967? OR ONLY Igbo elders can successfully douse tensions between two Ijaw communities?
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
ow11:

So are you telling me no two Ijaw kingdoms ever had any scuffle before 1967? OR ONLY Igbo elders can successfully douse tensions between two Ijaw communities?
I did not say anything about Igbo elders(actually, I meant elders on the scene----Ijaw, Igbo, Ogoni---whatever)
After 1966, betrayal became institutionalized, official, and a way of life.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
naijaking1:

I did not say anything about Igbo elders(actually, I meant elders on the scene----Ijaw, Igbo, Ogoni---whatever)
After 1966, betrayal became institutionalized, official, and a way of life.

Got point 1 but point 2, Did Ijaw kingdoms ever have internal scuffles before 1967? OR communal clashes only started after that 'sabotage' of Biafra?

This is because I am yet two place how a sabotage of a civil war in 1967 is the genesis of every single misunderstanding in the non-Igbo parts of Old Eastern Nigeria. As you say betrayal became a way of life meaning all wars in the Ijaw area was always settled before 1967 but any scuffle after 1967 is tainted with betrayal and thence cannot be settled until all 'abandoned properties' are returned. Is that what you mean?
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
OW11, forget yarning with our Igbo brothers. You cannot keep banging your head against a brick wall lest you injure yourself.

As Ijaws & Ogonis, although we love the Igbos, we always have to suffer the indignity of having the memories of our leaders desecrated at every turn by our brothers. They do not care to ask what the meaning of betrayal is. Those who made strategic decisions to fight against Biafra did so for legitimate reasons. Those who chose to fight for Biafra also did so for legitimate reasons. Very often in Ijaw families, you would have a situation where a boy goes to join one army, whilst his brother goes to join the opposition.

Naijaking cannot lecture on betrayal or kharma or any such thing. God is not blind. You cannot deny your brother the very same thing you ask from Nigeria.

Whilst the other 3 main tribes of Nigeria had their own region, the Ijaw were fractiously split into Eastern and Western region and subdivided until we recognised ourselves no more. The Igbos should recognise this as they have been split into sub-tribes as well (Ikwerre, Etche etc) since the war. Now the Igbos point fingers at Rivers State & FG for taking their brothers and making them deny their Igboness. Yeah, I understand about kharma.

When the Ijaws asked the former Eastern Region for their own state so that they can be united their brothers, they were vehemently opposed by the Eastern Region. The Ijaws had to form an alliance with the Western Action Group and the Yorubas who promised to help them achieve their aims of state creation. NCNC was thoroughly defeated at every election in Ijawland. In 1957, we had made representations to the constitutional conference, and yet again we were vehemently opposed by Ndigbo. Ndigbo had gave us no power or no say in our own affairs. When Adaka-Boro had declared his Niger-Delta Republic, it was Aguiyi-Ironsi who beat him back. The Igbos did not entertain any discussions about Ijaw autonomy then. Even when Biafra made the decision to secede, the Ijaw leaders approached Biafra to find out if they will have their stake in the new Republic. Again Biafra refused and denied them their hearts desire. So why should Igbos act surprised that some Ijaw and even Ogoni leaders would buck against them during the war? Can you ask God for something, when you deny your brother the very same thing? Those who want to talk about kharma can talk about kharma and betrayal all they want, but some would say that kharma was already served in 1966 and it was the Igbo who were the recipients.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
ow11:

Got point 1 but point 2, Did Ijaw kingdoms ever have internal scuffles before 1967? OR communal clashes only started after that 'sabotage' of Biafra?

This is because I am yet two place how a sabotage of a civil war in 1967 is the genesis of every single misunderstanding in the non-Igbo parts of Old Eastern Nigeria. As you say betrayal became a way of life meaning all wars in the Ijaw area was always settled before 1967 but any scuffle after 1967 is tainted with betrayal and thence cannot be settled until all 'abandoned properties' are returned. Is that what you mean?

God!
I'll try to be patient with you as much as possible, because it's either you don't grasp the educational concept involved in this theory, or you're too young or too biased to follow. Before 1966, communities all over eastern Nigeria had skimishes of one form or another, however, it never rose to the level we have them today. The reason was because these cases were never equitably resolved, thanks mainly to the corrupt lessons learnt from siding with the winning side of the civil war. Now that the war is over, people tend to continue the same tendencies at their own detriment.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Dede1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehe. . . . . Dede1 is a clown. . .

Ibi

Sharraaap there one time, nama shobiri. I was born and raised in that area of the jungle called Nigera. Ken Saro-Wiwa was a noted flippant and biter of the finger that fed him. I repeat, Ken attended Governement College, Umuahia on the SHELL-BP scholarship grant as well as UNN.

When Ken was enjoying the money from Shell-BP, did he not realize that the crude oil company’s drilling operation was devastating Ogoni land?  As much as I know, at least one of the Ogoni four did not attend school with Shall-BP grant and yet never sought to destroy the presence of the company either.

When Ken Saro-Wiwa was a commissioner in the Rivers State, two of Ken’s young brothers were in the East Central State attending high school under the scholarship grant provided by Shell-BP. Ken Saro-Wiwa was a pathetic ingrate.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ibime,

I just wanted to understand his point of view and why every thread on RV state must end up in stories about Biafra war. My father and his brother fought on opposite during the civil war and have many stories to tell and amazingly you get conflicting stories depending on which propaganda they listened to while in the battle front.

This is why I do not bother arguing about details of the war since most of the people only know what was told to them or what they thought they heard (if they were alive then). It just surprises me that naijaking1 has this theory that betrayal is the bane of all post civil war scuffle in Ijaw or Ogoni land So I need him to explain how he came up with that  theory and if it is indeed is true (which I do not currently hold as true).

NOW this thread is officially a Biafra thread so I am asking Eziachi to please come and verify naijaking1's stance on the various scuffles in RV and BY states.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Dumale1: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
naijaking1

Ken Saro wiwa did not betray the Ibos as some continue to claim; rather it was the Ibos that betrayed themselves because they were not truthful. Their leadership refused to discuss what will be the fate of the minorities after the war when the question came up. Also, about 35% of Ibos were not in support of the war, and to make matters worse Ojukwu ordered the killing of some Ibos that were on the other side or suspected to be. Read the history.

On the Ogoni side, 99.9% of the people are in support and will always be in support of Ken and the struggle. It is only few Ogoni elites who use the struggle to get contracts, appointments or work as Shell’s PR like Donu Kogbara that will mislead the public. In her reaction to the meager $15.5m settlement, the wife of the late Kobani stated clearly who was responsible for their death (Shell/govt).

Finally, although the struggle may take a little longer than expected, but before Ken was hanged there has been some success. Nigerian had its first environmental law for the first time in 1992 after the Ogoni Bill of Rights was submitted in 1990. There was the formation of the OMPADEC now NNDP and 13% or whatever. Also, I have no doubt all Ken’s prophesies will come to pass, watch out.
Re: The Forgotten Four by ow11(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
naijaking1:

God!
I'll try to be patient with you as much as possible, because it's either you don't grasp the educational concept involved in this theory, or you're too young or too biased to follow. Before 1966, communities all over eastern Nigeria had skimishes of one form or another, however, it never rose to the level we have them today. The reason was because these cases were never equitably resolved, thanks mainly to the corrupt lessons learnt from siding with the winning side of the civil war. Now that the war is over, people tend to continue the same tendencies at their own detriment.

Noted. So how does your theory fit when it comes to the Andoni/Okrika clash of 1994 or Kalabari/Nembe clash of 1994/1995? These skirmishes were equitably solved and remained in relative peace until this struggle for oil money that was engineered by none other than Odili himself.

If I would lay any blame on the current malaise in the ND on one person, that person would be Odili and his PDP do or die politics.

@Dede1

Can you give me your own anecdote on how the sabotage by Saro Wiwa and Boro made Biafra fall to the Nigerian army? I want to hear your own side of the story.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
ow11:

Can you give me your own anecdote on how the sabotage by Saro Wiwa and Boro made Biafra fall to the Nigerian army?

First it wasnt sabotage. . . . but don't underestimate the role Boro played in the war. . . . in OBJ's book, he said that Boro and his boys captured Opobo, Andoni, Bonny, Opolom, Buguma, Oranga and Okrika before he was killed in Kirike. Boro was a warrior for real. OBJ said he was very swift and his boys knew how to survive off the land. As soon as Boro was killed, his regiment had to be disbanded cos the pace slowed and they started losing battles. Boro was Nigerias main man in Rivers State and he outshone all the majors and luitenants despite the fact he had no formal military training.
Re: The Forgotten Four by naijaking1: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Ibime
I shudder to read that the memories of your elders are being desecreted on this forum. If you ask me, I'll tell you, my dear brother that this thread is the best thing that has ever happened to you, because you have no idea how the average Igbo person who lost a family member to Ogoni or Ijaw treachery during the war feels. There's no town in Igbo land where you can't count 2 or 3 families who are still made destitute by the greedy action of Ijaw people. Families remain destitute while Ken Saro Wiwa sat on houses he never bursted a seat for one day--- in the name of abandoned property! I'm happy you know about karma, because the fate of Ken Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were karma personified. It couldn't get better than that.

Yes, blame the Igbos for everything, for creating Nigeria, for scattering Ijaws between the east and west of the Niger, for your impotence, for your boys being lazy, for the excess rain in the area; blame the Igbos for everything------ because that was how Adaka Boro was able to miseducate you guys. "The Igbos were responsible for every imaginable bad omen" he must lectured. You're here too, spweing trash and falsehood from your mouth, just like your shameless and discredited ancestors.

Unfortunately, your blind hatred prevents you from seeing that the same way the so-called minorities struggled against the so-called majorities in the east, so too, they did in the north. Remember the Middle Belt forum led by Joseph Tarka who was almost killed by Sarduana? It was the north, and the British that helped creat the Midwestern state, not just as an asssistance for the Delta Minority, but as tool to free them from domination in the west. Unlike Adaka Boro, Tarka and other middle belt people never joined a war against the north their immediate cousins and neighbors.
You can read the history upside, if you like, but you can never change it.
Re: The Forgotten Four by Ibime(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
naijaking1:

(1.)  There's no town in Igbo land where you can't count 2 or 3 families who are still made destitute by the greedy action of Ijaw people.

(2.) Families remain destitute while Ken Saro Wiwa sat on houses he never bursted a seat for one day--- in the name of abandoned property!

(3.) Yes, blame the Igbos for everything, for creating Nigeria, for scattering Ijaws between the east and west of the Niger, for your impotence, for your boys being lazy, for the excess rain in the area; blame the Igbos for everything------ because that was how Adaka Boro was able to miseducate you guys. "The Igbos were responsible for every imaginable bad omen" he must lectured. You're here too, spweing trash and falsehood from your mouth, just like your shameless and discredited ancestors.

Naijaking, your response is typical. Thats why I never engage in debate with you cos you are quick to blow your top.  grin Even after I showed you that Saro-Wiwa was the only Ogoni leader who supported Nigeria, you still went about hyperventialating about Ogoni betrayal. That tells me that you are not to be reasoned with. Perhaps the hatred helps you get through the day.  cheesy

My allegations stand. You can refute them if you wish, but there is no need to act surprised at the so-called 'betrayal' when there is enough precedent to show you that Ijaws were not happy with Ndigbos positions and voted roundly against the NCNC long before the war started. Whilst Naijaking spends all his energy hammering on about Ijaw betrayal and alienating his Niger-Delta brothers, others are looking for ways to bring Southern Nigeria together to fight the scourge of Northern Imperialism.

Now, look at the points you raised:

(1.) Really? What is every family in Igboland doing in Ijawland? Mass immigration always brings conflict between host communities and immigrants.

(2.) Saro-Wiwa was education commissioner, not land and works commisioner. Inform yourself before applying your usual scattergun approach.

(3.) I will not descend into tribalism with you.

The question remains:

Can you ask God for something, when you deny your brother the very same thing?
Re: The Forgotten Four by Abagworo(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
Hahahahaha.dis thread dey laf me well well.igbos and ijaws are people living under defeat,deceit and balkanization by the nigerian state under a grand plan by british colonialists.ijaws were made to believe igbos is their problem and vice-versa.i've tried my best to expose this,yet igbos and ijaws keep messing up.i know the people who achieve orgasm when igbos and ijaws clash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim / Banks Not Operating Today In Aba Because Of Biafra / No Future For Biafra – France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.