Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Birthday Gift For My Fiance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Birthday Gift For My Fiance (2730 Views)

My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp / Found Condoms In My Fiance's Bag.again! / Pregnant For Sugar-daddy And Engaged To My Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2009
My fiance's birthday will be here in just under 2 weeks. I need some ideas for gifts. I am going to try to make him an African meal other than the pepper soup he taught me, but I would also like to get him a special, yet reasonably priced, gift. He will be 52 and is extremely picky about clothes and his lovely shoes (I've never seen a man with nicer kicks), so for the first time I am at a loss for what to give him. Suggestions please!
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by stamma(m): 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
get him a puppy,
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
Thanks stamma, but he is not an animal person and neither am I.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by edogram(m): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2009
prittigrrr

how old r u>? r u africa.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by gestapo(f): 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
Fiance @ 41

He's 52

Whatch you doing all these years
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2009
I am divorced and have been single for 8 years. He is a widower. We are both in the USA. I am Afr. American. He is Nigerian American. I have been building a career and a life all these years. Now that you have a little more insight, could you give some gift suggestions.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by stamma(m): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2009
well get him something that he likes. if he is into sports than get him a t-shirt of his favorite sports team.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by Koncept(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
Depending on the part of Nigeria he has link to you can get him the native attire(complete attire i.e, head to toe) adentified with that part,even if it means odering it from Nigeria. wink
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by izeek(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ gestapo,
wanted to ask same, beat me to it.
well she answered already soo.

@post,
trying pounding yam and making ofe akwu.
eventually u would appreciate the nigerian babe.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by smooooooth: 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
izeek:

@ gestapo,
wanted to ask same, beat me to it.
well she answered already soo.

@post,
trying pounding yam and making ofe akwu.
eventually u would appreciate the nigerian babe.
[/quote
]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. try this!, your guy's sure gona love it.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
He is Yoruba from Akure. Two weeks would not be enough time to have it made and shipped back would it?
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by inspiredm(m): 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
The Best gifts you can give a Man on his Special Days are Good Food & Great Sex.

Make Him his Favorite Recipe and Try something New In the Bedroom.

However, if Your Relationship is Free of Sex for some reasons, You can get him some Gadgets, Wrist Watch or Signature Wallets

Whatever you Choose,  try to look at the Gift with your Man’s eyes and you’ll definitely make the right choice.  cool cool
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by zeal500: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2009
Dump him on that day
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by ROBOCOB(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
Why dont you thrill him by taking him out for shopping. A clothing store would do. Let him Point 'n' Pick !
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2009
Oh, I almost forgot! Can someone tell me how to say 'Happy Birthday' in Yoruba?
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by ROBOCOB(m): 6:51am On Jun 18, 2009
Happy Birthday and many prosperous years ahead in Yoruba - "E ku ojo ibi, e o se opo odun laye". I doubt if you can pronouce it well.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by biola44: 7:54am On Jun 18, 2009
zeal500:

Dump him on that day

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by biola44: 8:09am On Jun 18, 2009
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2009
Thank you all so much.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by Koncept(m): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
So what did u finally decide on?
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by Koncept(m): 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
Based on my earlier sugestion, 2 wks would have been enough time to get the dress accross, all you'd have done was contact a friend of yours residing here in Nigeria, give him/her all the measurement, and they'll get an already made of his(ur fiance) size, and of course, with DHL, u'l get it in less than a week, it'll only cost u some cash, but then what's love if you cant spend on the person,especially your fiance. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by prittigrrr(f): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
Looks like a watch is winning out. He is not much on sports so no favorite team. He does like wrestling and the WWF or WWE just left my city. That would have been ideal for him to have tickets to that. I have narrowed down the meal to Nigerian Fried Rice and roasted fish stuffed with herbs. I have my decorations for my house and my outfit ready to go. I remembered that the watch he left at my house once was not nearly as nice as the clothes and shoes he wears, so that will probably be it. And with father's day coming up, Macy's has some great deals on them. And, if he doesn't like it, he can take it back.
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by Strz(f): 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
Walk through the park while you reminisce about the past and talk about the future, dinner at a fancy restaurant, go see a movie or jazz concert, night cap (if applicable)
Re: Birthday Gift For My Fiance by coolfaced8(f): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Could He Be Denying The Existence Of His Kids? / A Question / HELP: I'm Light-skinned My Gf Is Light-skinned But Our Baby Is Dark & Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.