Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu (20883 Views)

Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? / Mowe Or Ofada Or Ikorodu, Where Is The Best To Buy Land Presently? / Buy A Plot Of Land @ Mowe Ofada With Free Bags Of Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by offegas(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2016
Akorkor:
Please where do you think it's best to get a land and build your own personal house. Mowe or Ikorodu? The reason is because I am working on island and I can't afford land on island for now so I want to start from a minimal level. Please advice?
Kindly try Epe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by tunapawizzy: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2016
buharisbae:
Dad already got a large piece of land there for a very cheap price the place is fast developing give it 5yrs and you'll be marvelled and do fast bcux my igbo blodas are buying everything up grin

Ikorudu I never for once like the place its a proper definition of slum!
Ikorodu a slum? Have u ever been to places like ebutte, aga, Ibeshe in ikorodu.... Some People are gona make lifetime decisions based on what they read, so I think its wise u say what u know so u dont mislead others.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by Redmancunian: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2016
buharisbae:
Dad already got a large piece of land there for a very cheap price the place is fast developing give it 5yrs and you'll be marvelled and do fast bcux my igbo blodas are buying everything up grin

Dats not true, the fact dat u don't like it doesn't make it a slum. Tell me a road better dan ikorodu-mile 12 road in mowe. With 3 general hospitals , banks , eateries , industrial dangote factory, steady power supply, dedicated BRT route with AC tight buses , govt model colleges n booming real estate business , little wonder it's d happening place now. U also forget it's one of the 5 divisions of Lagos so mowe can never compare. A good chunk of mowe, spark light estate, OPIC estate , wawa in the same axis are flooded during the rains.i know both sides well , a good chunk of mowe, magboro axis don't even have light n govt presence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by HHANDM: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2016
It is wrong to generalise "ikorodu" is not safe due to recent activities of vandals.

I'll advise you buy your needed plot in ikorodu. Ebute - Ibeshe axis is very accessible with good road network.

Most especially Valleyview estate off Ebute-igbogbo road and environs. You need to see lovely properties being built there and rate of development is amazing. You won't get to Ikorodu roundabout before turning right at ogolonto to access these locations.

There is good supply of light, BRT, ferry to the island is available too.

The upcoming 4th mainland bridge is another advantage that will aid accessing lekki ajah, lagos ibadan expressway easily.

Call us if you need further info and plots of land within these areas.

H.H AND M GLOBAL CONCEPTS
info.hhandm@gmail.com
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by tunapawizzy: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2016
eph12:
Currently I live in Ibafo but am buying a land in Ikorodu. I believe you shouldn't go to mowe and these are my reasons
1. Development will come faster to Ikorodu than mowe. Ogun state government don't have plans for people staying in mowe ibafo axis. I trust Lagos state for faster development. Light, tarred road etc. I have vowed never to live in a place that the roads have no hope of being tarred.
2. By the time the 4th mainland bridge is completed Ikorodu will be so expensive to live. Very easy access to the island. This will fast track every development.
3. The go slow on that mowe ibafo road can be very terrible.
plenty sense full that ur big head
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by HHANDM: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2016
It is wrong to generalise "ikorodu" is not safe due to recent activities of vandals.

I'll advise you buy your needed plot in ikorodu. Ebute - Ibeshe axis is very accessible with good road network.

Most especially Valleyview estate off Ebute-igbogbo road and environs. You need to see lovely properties being built there and rate of development is amazing. You won't get to Ikorodu roundabout before turning right at ogolonto to access these locations.

There is also very good supply of light, BRT, ferry to the island is available too.

The upcoming 4th mainland bridge is another advantage that will aid accessing lekki ajah, lagos ibadan expressway easily.

Call us if you need further info and plots of land within these areas.

H.H AND M GLOBAL CONCEPTS
info.hhandm@gmail.com
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by offegas(m): 8:42am On Aug 14, 2016
doskie:
we are exactly in the same shoes. I just want to buy the land, put container house there first till i have money.
Half plot in epe will give you full plot in agbara.
Ikhorodu is far better.
One major concern should be to avoid any place dominated by indigenes. They have some fetish traditions that you may not enjoy at the end of the day. Its wise to build your tent where you can have peace of mind. Epe is a citadel of juju.
Who told you Epe is a citadel of juju,you sit down in Lagos and cook up stories that only exist in your imagination. Please note every society has its own culture and values.
I work and live here for three years and still counting had no issue with anybody or hear people getting killed with your imaginary "juju"
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by musicwriter(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2016
Ytechconst:

Hmmm 2008 that is 8years from now. My brother as at 5years from now i condemn ikorodu more than any other person because i am a Building Engineer and i undertake projects for people in Ikorodu and mowe axis. But my brother when i wanted to settle for location to reside August last year and i visited ikorodu(Ijede road via itamaga to be precise) and i went to inspect mowe as well. Infact i could not believe that ikorodu was the same place i visited 5years ago when i was building a house for a client. To my surprise location where i was zbegged with a plot at 400k i bought half plot for 750k because a plot now go for 1.5million.

Also to my surprise 20hours electricity per day and all built up houses were served prepaid metre for free, infact generator repairer do not exist their because you will not get any generator to service. Hardly do i use my generator for twice in a month and that is when the power is off and coincidently i need to pump water.

So you need to visit ikorodu again and see the wonders going on in terms of development and social amenities.

Honestly, in hindsight I think I should've bought one or two plots, because, indeed when I saw the agent again in 2013 he told me I can't see that land again for N1 million. In fact, he said there's no for sale land there again as the Lagos state government was planning building the 4th nainland bridge across the river and the news escalated property price all over Ikorodu. So, you're right about that.

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by CuteTj(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2016
@ Ytechconst and musicwriter, can I still get a land which is close to a body of water (sea/river)?
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by musicwriter(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2016
CuteTj:
@ Ytechconst and musicwriter, can I still get a land which is close to a body of water (sea/river)?

I don't know. Not even in Nigeria as we speak.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by MztrChukwu(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2016
Akorkor:
Please where do you think it's best to get a land and build your own personal house. Mowe or Ikorodu? The reason is because I am working on island and I can't afford land on island for now so I want to start from a minimal level. Please advice?

I got a place in ketu - Alapere for sale. 10m asking. If your budget fits in and you're interested, reply and we'll discuss
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by HHANDM: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2016
musicwriter:
Reminds me of 2008 and how an agent took me to buy land at Ikorodu. We have to drive through several bad roads and villages. When we got to the land it was a thick forest they just cleared by burning, and they were asking for N300,000 per plot. One was the last land just at the sea shore and we could see boats crossing to and fro Lagos island. That was the last day I went there. We bought a lot of bush meat on our way though.

If you now visit those areas you call bush in 2008, I can bet plots of land will be selling for millions of naira now.

One of my clients told me how he was forced by his dad to buy a plot for 450k within ebute axis around 2007/2008. And do you know that plots of lands within same location sells between 6m - 11m presently

He always regrets not buying like an acre or more because he has money for such then but he didn't due to his perception that the area is "bush".
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by CuteTj(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2016
musicwriter:

I don't know. Not even in Nigeria as we speak.
I was hoping to purchase a land in Ikorodu or Epe or anywhere in lagos that has direct access to the sea or river.

All the same, thanks for responding.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by Redmancunian: 9:12am On Aug 14, 2016
doskie:
cost?
. Proximity to the road determines how steep the price is but I know for sure some plots in alogba estate, ibeshe , ikorodu cost up to 10million now . With 4-5 million u shld get a plot in the ebute - ibeshe axis. Pls rem the 4th mainland bridge will only make land more expensive dia. In btw I stay dia n av seen rapid real state development in the last 5yrs..
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by lekancaring(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Akorkor:
any were u feel like but to me mowe is better place to leave than ikorodu because mowe is peaceful nothing like cult in the area unlike ikorodu and also why people prefer mowe than ikorodu is easy access to ur state without stress.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by rayalesh2013: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2016
IMOTA in ikorodu is the best place to buy land right now. no Omo o no left walah, mile 12 is relocating to d place, d environment is peaceful, linking to ijebu ode and ishagamu is very easy, finally d land is cheap for now. if u are interested mail me rayalesh2014@gmail. com
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by flokii: 9:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Mowe is a better option.. Ikorodu too get stress.

Buh it depends on your workplace or business.. d location
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by Boo3nity(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2016
I have something better for you:
LEGACY ESTATE, SANGO-IFO, Ogun State

The Estate shares a boundary with OTA FARM. Every reputable real Estate firm you know that deals in land is investing in this area at the moment, an indication of the investment potential of this locality

Now the price for the land:

NAME OF ESTATE: LEGACY ESTATE

OPTION 1-Full Plot(648SQM)
(a). PRICE:NGN400,000.00
(b). Outright Payment NGN350,000.00
Installment Payments :
(I).N20,000- 20Months (N400,000)
(ii).N1,000 -400 Days (N400,000)

OPTION 2- Half A Plot(324SQM)
(a). Price: NGN175,000.00
Installment Payment:
(I). N20,000-10 Months (N200,000)
(ii).N1,000-200 Days (N200,000)

You can reach me on 07083441007 (call), 08034043659 (whatsapp) or dcphantom_x@yahoo.com.

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by TDonald: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2016
martineinstein:
u mean it better developed in terms of millitancy,kidnapping,raping,cultism,ritualism,arm robbery etc?

Ikorodu has better infrastructures.. .. and tell me is Mowe free from all you listed?

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by Henz24(m): 9:53am On Aug 14, 2016
Anywhere in Lagos is better than anywhere in Ogun state, development is faster in Lagos. Mowe of five years ago is not so different from the Mowe of today, so I will say u go for Ikorodu......

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by biggie73(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2016
Banana Island is the best place to be, and very "cheap". Well, on the lowest side, check Ikorodu.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by haibe(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2016
martineinstein:
u mean it better developed in terms of millitancy,kidnapping,raping,cultism,ritualism,arm robbery etc?
ignorance. If u know how big ikorodu is, u will close ur eye in shame with this statement. The areas affected isnt up to 1% of the wholr Ikorodu land mass. If am not mistaking ikorodu is the biggest local government area in Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by seunoni34(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

She should wait for Banana island, till she can buy? She know her size!!!!!
Pesin wey no fit buy keke and dey read Ferrari magazines, nah the dreamland hin go dey till hin kick the bowl !!!
See the way the guy mention banana island. Lol
No be everybody fit details able to buy house for there till dem die. We are talking of N300m & above, where him won see that in 5 years self? And as time goes the price will go up(properties always appreciates) she might save it up but still not be able to afford it.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by haibe(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2016
CuteTj:

I was hoping to purchase a land in Ikorodu or Epe or anywhere in lagos that has direct access to the sea or river.

All the same, thanks for responding.

If thats what u want , go for ibeshe area in ikd.. those places are cool
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by lekkipropertyy: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2016
0808089832962 I recommend. .. you can reach me for cheap plots from 500k upwards at gberigbe ikorodu.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by IrradiatoR: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2016
eph12:
Currently I live in Ibafo but am buying a land in Ikorodu. I believe you shouldn't go to mowe and these are my reasons
1. Development will come faster to Ikorodu than mowe. Ogun state government don't have plans for people staying in mowe ibafo axis. I trust Lagos state for faster development. Light, tarred road etc. I have vowed never to live in a place that the roads have no hope of being tarred.
2. By the time the 4th mainland bridge is completed Ikorodu will be so expensive to live. Very easy access to the island. This will fast track every development.
3. The go slow on that mowe ibafo road can be very terrible.

You are Absolutely Right about points 1 and 2.
(Ogun state govt ain't trying at all, neglecting those areas, how I wish Lagos state Govt can acquire from Wawa, Arepo, Magboro, Ibafo to Mowe)

I assume point 3 will be solved when Fed. Govt finish work on Lagos-Ibadan Express road
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by eph12(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2016
IrradiatoR:

You are Absolutely Right about points 1 and 2.
(Ogun state govt ain't trying at all, neglecting those areas, how I wish Lagos state Govt can acquire from Arepo to Mowe)

I assume point 3 will be solved when Fed. Govt finish work on Lagos-Ibadan Express road
When do you think that will be? The road is bad from Wawa down to mowe maybe even beyond that and they are working at a very slow pace. Then you have redeem mfm and co doing their own. You face all that and you still have to deal with dusty street roads, no light nothing. No government presence whatsoever. Even the road Amosun did at mowe na scam
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by switchmax8: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2016
Mowe is better you can get direct bus to island while ikorodu has traffic congestion couple with rival cult gang fighting in ishawo,benson,ijede,first gate etc
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by proeast(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2016
buharisbae:

Why would my Igbo brothers be buying land in such ghettoes when cheap lands are available in neat, beautiful and serene places here in Owerri. Anybody who is interested should contact us on address/phone numbers on my signature.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by fexyrich(m): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Akorkor:
I asked this question in January and now nairalanders are replying me. Thank you all my decision has been made already. I have almost completed my building at Arepo and I love the vicinity.
how much is a plot of land in that area.Am interested
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu by twinskenny(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Access to the earlier easier from mowe..i stay in ibafo...land are quite expensive at arepo and magboro now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Make Borehole In 2 Hrs (ibadan).. / 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land / Decomposing Body Recovered From Abuja Collapsed Building - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.