Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain (44298 Views)

Dasukigate: EFCC To Arrest Jimi Agbaje In Port-harcourt - Elombah.com / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Azibaola Roberts / Jafaru Isa Returns N100million To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by Josele01(m): 9:00am On Jan 07, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on the night of Wednesday, arrested a former military governor of Kaduna state and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Jafaru Isa.

Isa is the first chieftain of the APC arrested by the EFCC since the beginning of a sweeping probe into the alleged diversion of $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase by officials of the immediate-past administration.The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on the night of Wednesday, arrested a former military governor of Kaduna state and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Jafaru Isa.

Isa is the first chieftain of the APC arrested by the EFCC since the beginning of a sweeping probe into the alleged diversion of $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase by officials of the immediate-past administration.

The former governor and one-time governorship candidate of the defunct CPC in Kano state, is a close friend of the embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Isa who is also a close political associate of President Muhammadu Buhari, was arrested at his Abuja residence located at Ajayi Crowther street, Asokoro.

According to Premium Times, operatives of the anti-graft commission invaded his residence around 9pm, and then whisked him away a few minutes later.

It is gathered that the retired brigadier general, was invited last week to appear before the commission on Wednesday, January 6,to clear the air on “some questionable receipts” from the former NSA.

Rather than honouring the invitation, sources said, Mr. Isa wrote a letter to the EFCC through his lawyer, seeking a postponement of his appearance date on the grounds of death of a relative.

Apparently dissatisfied with his excuse, the EFCC however arrested him to clarify the “questionable receipts”.

Investigators believe the retired soldier received over N100million from Mr. Dasuki.

https://www.naij.com/688304-dasukigate-efcc-arrests-buharis-associate.html
Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by icon8: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2016
What an excuse! Death of a relative

20 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by Shortyy(f): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Let's hear what the Wailers Have to say this time around.

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by modath(f): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2016
This I like!!! Any one indicted must be served in a hot way, no distinction.

NgeneUkwenu:
Let's hear what the Wailers Have to say here..

Miss Ngene, stop expecting flood in Sahara, best they'll say is "PMB has deep seated grudges against him but has been faking it" cheesy

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by otabuko(m): 9:16am On Jan 07, 2016
Food is ready......

3 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by WASMOG(m): 9:22am On Jan 07, 2016
God bless Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by Bevista: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2016
The former governor and one-time governorship candidate of the defunct CPC in Kano state, is a close friend of the embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
So, for the records, I'll remind everyone of the profile of the person indicted. He is a Northerner, a Muslim, a chieftain of APC, and a former CPC member.
---
But I can bet my bottom dollar that enemies of Nigeria are still going to come out with another vile rhetoric. Lemme guess - they are going to focus on the bolded claiming that it's just a smokescreen to get to Dasuki.
---
It is obvious these children of hate are going to stop at nothing to dissuade and undermine Mr President’s anti-corruption war.

221 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by melvinjames: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2016

Arrest Dasuki's friend and tell Nigerians, he's an APC chieftain.

Who is fooling who? Only zombies would believe Buhari would probe APC members.
Buhari rewarded Mr Corruption (Amaechi) with ministerial position instead of probing him. Ambode told us how Fashola bled Lagos dry yet he got a portfolio, this story is meant for APC monkeys.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2016
I will be very disappointed if this case isn't pursued to logical end. President Buhari and EFCC must be aware that Nigerians will hold them accountable if none of these eaters of our yams is brought to book. Nigerians say YES to anti-corruption fight.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:30am On Jan 07, 2016
modath:

This I like!!! Any one indicted must be served in a hot way, no distinction.

Miss Ngene, stop expecting flood in Sahara, best they'll say is "PMB has deep seated grudges against him but has been faking it" cheesy

The bold, I mean very apt...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2016
Where is Keneking sef? lalasticlala are you there?

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by omenka(m): 9:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Bevista:
So, for the records, I'll remind everyone of the profile of the person indicted. He is a Northerner, a Muslim and a chieftain of APC.
---
But I can bet my bottom dollar that enemies of Nigeria (PDP/IPOB) are still going to come out with another vile rhetoric. Lemme guess - they are going to focus on the bolded claiming that it's just a smokescreen to get to Dasuki.
---
It is obvious these devils are going to stop at nothing to dissuade and undermine Mr President’s anti-corruption campaign.
Nah, they won't. I pretty much doubt they would be that stupid. smiley

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2016
melvinjames:

[s]Who is fooling who? Only zombies would believe Buhari would probe APC members.
Buhari rewarded Mr Corruption (Amaechi) with ministerial position.
[/s]

You are not making sense here.....

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by omenka(m): 9:36am On Jan 07, 2016
melvinjames:

Buhari rewarded Mr Corruption (Amaechi) with ministerial position instead of probing him. Ambode told us how Fashola bled Lagos dry yet he got a portfolio, this story is meant for APC monkeys.

Chai!!! I was wrong after all. Sincere apologies Bevista. cry

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by melvinjames: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Expect APC monkeys to gloss over the fact this man is a friend of Dasuki hence the probe. If Bubu wants to show how non partisan he is let him probe Tinubu, Amaechi or Fashola.

18 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Wailers oya come and twist this.

9 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by mrmetoo1: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Watch wailers say he's the wrong type of APC chieftain. That as long as its not Amaechi, Tinubu, Fashola they're not serious. They'll forget to mention that he's a close ally of PMB and a loyalist. Wailers if your daddy or uncle or your politician lover stole money he's going down

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by kokoA(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2016
melvinjames:

Ok. Oya pass pass the mic.

17 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by melvinjames: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2016
omenka:

Next time don't bother my mentions, I hardly reply paid sycophants.

5 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by melvinjames: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Enjoy the Aisha jollof for what its worth, leave my mentions though.

8 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by StOla: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2016
melvinjames:

Many have already described enemies of Nigeria like you.

You're never pleased that the government is fighting corruption.

He does A, you would say Buhari did not do B. Then he does B, then you would say he is only deceiving.

He spends money on flights, you say he is wasting money, he reduces money spent on independence celebration, yet you will also take offence.

He gives the victorious golden eaglets just N20k per player, you complain that it is too small.

What exactly do you children of anarchy want?

Thankfully, Buhari is a one way traffic. His resolve to tackle corruption remains unshaken.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by Amberon: 9:59am On Jan 07, 2016
yeah
Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by StOla: 10:00am On Jan 07, 2016
melvinjames:
Expect APC monkeys to gloss over the fact this man is a friend of Dasuki hence the probe. If Bubu wants to show how non partisan he is let him probe Tinubu, Amaechi or Fashola.

If Buhari wants to show his seriousness, let him arrest Jonathan who as "Don Fortunato" reigned as the head of the corruption cabal.

I hope you will give applause then?

20 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by melvinjames: 10:01am On Jan 07, 2016
[s]
StOla:

He does A, you would say Buhari did not do B. Then he does B, then you would say he is only deceiving.

He spends money on flights, you say he is wasting money, he reduces money spent on independence celebration, yet you will also take offence.

He gives the victorious golden eaglets just N20k per player, you complain that it is too small.

Thankfully, Buhari is a one way traffic. His resolve to tackle corruption remains unshaken.
[/s]

You people did worse to gej admin, you may have short memory, I don't.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by modath(f): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2016
IyaIode:
Wailers oya come and twist this.
Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by Amberon: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2016
hey.... are you Igbo?? just asking, pls reply.
NgeneUkwenu:

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by theV0ice: 10:05am On Jan 07, 2016
melvinjames:
[s][/s]

You people did worse to gej admin, you may have short memory, I don't.

So you admit all your rants and inanities on this thread are simply hot air and empty of substance the same way some APC online warriors did to GEJ right?

19 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by StOla: 10:05am On Jan 07, 2016
omenka:

Indeed you were wrong.

Buhari has already posed a question to this set of anarchist.

He asked if they want him to vacate his sit for them.

They are the ones who voted for Don Fortunato to continue in office and be signing away our funds to their principals.

Those who are culpable are scared of arrest, while those who have lost their benefactors are now hungry, so it is fait accompli that they must all wail.

19 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by modath(f): 10:05am On Jan 07, 2016
StOla:

A cure for post election defeatisis . winkdazall.

11 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Amberon:
hey.... are you Igbo?? just asking, pls reply.

I am a Nigerian.

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) / I’m APC Member, Though I’m Atiku’s Spokesman —galadima / Bloodbath As Hausa, Fulani Clash In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.