Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. (13150 Views)

Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details / How To Do Your SIM Registration At Home With Your BVN Details / How To Link Your BVN To Any Bank Account Without Going To The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by pawesome(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2016
MTN won’t just use your BVN to complete your SIM registration without your consent. You have to give them a go ahead by sending a command via SMS. Send “Yes” to 799 to grant MTN the permission to use your BVN to complete your SIM registration.
I think this will only work for the line you used for your BVN Registration.
If you don’t have a BVN, you will still have to visit MTN office to complete your registration and activate your line back.
I think this concept will reduce the long queue at MTN offices Nationwide. Or what do you think?

mods,make una no vex but e go make sense fr front page...

1 Like

Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by wunmi2odun(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Will come back when it finally makes fp wink
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by jmichlins(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2016
I think this is fp worthy. It will really reduce the crowd at mtn office. But someone should confirm this method first
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by peterjero(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2016
Mod this is the information that is front page worthy, I guess my fellow Nigerians will be wary of letting mtn have access to their bvn. With this FG can conveniently pay the 5k
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Justiyke4u: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Even when I tried to update via bvn I still ended up going to their office
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by peterjero(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Justiyke4u:
Even when I tried to update via bvn I still ended up going to their office
What was the response you got when you tried doing the update?
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Justiyke4u: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
peterjero:

What was the response you got when you tried doing the update?
no I got a response that my registration is complete but still send me a message to go and reregister my simply then I called them they said I should to their office which I did
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
what if after updating yet they send me message that I have to visit their shop?
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
what if after updating yet they send me message that I have to visit their shop? This should be the 5th time MTN is buzzing me with such information
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by opwa4us(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Heye
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by osesology(m): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Thanks for the heads up, I'll do mine right away.
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by stano2(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
MTN BULLSHIT
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by saint047(m): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mtn ask me to do that, since then my SIM. Has been working perfectly well
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by peterjero(m): 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Justiyke4u:
no I got a response that my registration is complete but still send me a message to go and reregister my simply then I called them they said I should to their office which I did
i
MTN with their issues

1 Like

Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Done... Let's see how it goes
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
If it's a trusted information then it will aid in reducing the alarming crowd gathered in all MTN service centres for SIM verification, a welcome development I must say. After seeing the mammoth crowd I jejely go my house go dump the sim.
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by nigeriancuban: 6:37am On Jan 08, 2016
really
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by otabuko(m): 6:41am On Jan 08, 2016
Is the sms free... Abi they go charge money again?
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by eunisam: 10:53am On Jan 08, 2016
is this for real or 2016 fraud?
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Missymimi: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pls pals , how long does it take for the sim update to be activated after reregistration?
I just completed the registration at the MTN office now and they are still telling me to visit and update,,, I don tire 0
nigeriancuban:
really
Pls pals , how long does it take for the sim update to be activated after reregistration?
I just completed the registration at the MTN office now and they are still telling me to visit and update,,, I don tire 0
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by graychuks(m): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
It works mtn sent me that message and wen I sent it.. I was rewarded with 5k
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by fosterkid: 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
It works, done
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by stephinnoyewole(m): 6:07am On Jan 28, 2016
I hope this won't be d great scam in 2016, I don't trust dis pple @all
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by henryutd(m): 9:15am On Jan 28, 2016
It worked big time. Tested with my wife's sim and it worked.
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by temmbecky01(f): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2016
please,i received this message from MTN ...Dear customer,for your convenience you can now update with your SIM registration detials with your BVN number. To proceed, please text BVN BVN NUMBER MOTHER.S MAIDEN NAME e.g BVN 12345678989 ALABI to 799 now. Thank you..hope its not a scam
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2016
Following
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by sirp2007: 10:13am On Jan 29, 2016
same here..

temmbecky01:
please,i received this message from MTN ...Dear customer,for your convenience you can now update with your SIM registration detials with your BVN number. To proceed, please text BVN BVN NUMBER MOTHER.S MAIDEN NAME e.g BVN 12345678989 ALABI to 799 now. Thank you..hope its not a scam
Re: How To Update Your MTN SIM With Your BVN Details. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2016
temmbecky01:

I got this same message, I replied but nothing happened my line is still fvcking barred...

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO D1 - Device Specifications / How Much Did You Buy Your First Phone And Sim? / What Browser Do You Use On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.