Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,610 members, 7,816,512 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

American Hawks Gala In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Hawks Gala In Lagos (9798 Views)

Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Beaf: 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
Like I said before, someone in the US is interested in seeing how stupid people on the streets of lag can be.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Redman44(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
The guy might not be a spy as many people on this thread are thinking. I'm not saying you're wrong, though. However, there might be a commercial interest behind his actions. We should not forget things so easily. I hope we can still remember how Pepsi Co tested the waters way back with the three Orange Men. That research concept was superb cheesy cheesy Many Okada men and Taxi drivers fled on sighting the three strange men who looked like aliens from outer space. Policemen were called to arrest the Orange Men but no one touched them. The Inspector General of Police had already been briefed about the Marketing and Advertising Campaign by Pepsi Co. We need to put on our thinking caps here, Nairalanders. The Police and other security outfits in the country might have been briefed concerning the American and his Gala selling program sad sad

I'm a researcher and I know incidents like this happen. I feel a multi-national company wants to launch a beef related product into the Nigerian market, and they're trying to see how customers relate with street hawkers. They are surely conducting the research to see how they can better what exists on ground. Dont be surprised when the product from North America is rolled out later in the year. It is also possible that this American guy is working as a researcher for some companies in America that want to break into the Nigerian Market with their products. This is Marketing Communication at its best. Everything should not be reduced to espionage and spies. I was shocked recently when I found out that the best research on the fruit juice Market in Nigeria was carried out by two American Professors undecided undecided What a shame on Nigeria cry cry Proper research is the key to product development and marketing.

The Guy must have gooten some form of clearance from the Nigerian Security Agencies for him to have been left alone and not harassed. Cheers.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

they do.

You think some white CIA operative is walking around the streets of Libya or Zimbabwe selling perfumes?

paranoia isn't a good thing.

No they dont.

Assuming they even need to, because in Nigeria for example, Nigerians will tell any enquirer everything they want to know.

In Libya, who told you the US wasnt keeping tabs on Ghadafi? In any case, they'll tailor their presence to whatever goes in the country being observed.

And who said they cant do both hidden and open surveillance?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
I believe the guy is a Fulbright scholar working on his research.

you guys are reaching hard on this one.

[img]http://www.banklawyersblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c652b53ef01156f777a8a970c-800wi[/img]

In Libya, who told you the US wasnt keeping tabs on Ghadafi? In any case, they'll tailor their presence to whatever goes in the country being observed.

spies are typically unnoticeable and shun media attention. This guy is openly taking pictures for the camera.

And who said they cant do both hidden and open surveillance?

or maybe just a good ole sociology research?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

I believe the guy is a Fulbright scholar working on his research.

you guys are reaching hard on this one.

spies are typically unnoticeable and shun media attention. This guy is openly taking pictures for the camera.

or maybe just a good ole sociology research?

Once again, in Nigeria and Africa, spies dont have to be unnoticeable.

When people raise an alarm, then they can go underground, but right now they dont have to.

I'm not saying the man is a spy but I wouldnt rule it out just because you like oyibos.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2009
I'm not saying the man is a spy but I wouldnt rule it out[b] just because you like oyibos[/b].

wow i never knew you would find out my little secret grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

wow i never knew you would find out my little secret grin

na today Naijas dey sell themselves to foreigners?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by A40(m): 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
This forum is filled with aspiring comedians and comediennes shey na only CIA? how about KGB and Gestapo
Lol when your relatives abroad tell you things are pretty f.ucked up at the moment here is what they mean grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kai!!!! Nigeria oooO!!!!  Roflmao!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Kai!!!! Nigeria oooO!!!!  Roflmao!!!

if only we were this critical of our own politicians.

A-40:

This forum is filled with aspiring comedians and comediennes shey na only CIA? how about KGB and Gestapo
Lol when your relatives abroad tell you things are pretty f.ucked up at the moment here is what they mean grin grin

he could be tempting kids to join the taliban with free gala.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by oge4real(f): 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2009
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

if only we were this critical of our own politicians.

are you not?

seriously, you people amaze me sometimes.

So what do you call all the insults, cursing, abuse and bad wishes Nigerians constantly send their politicians?

calling for not only the politicians death but also slow torture for their children and relatives?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by buzugee(m): 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/1517171.stm <<<na the oyinbo guy mission be this angry embarassed cry undecided
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by 4Play(m): 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2009
So the Gala hawker is part of an American conspiracy? How retarded do you have be to believe this crap?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2009
4 Play:

So the Gala hawker is part of an American conspiracy? How retarded do you have be to believe this crap?

look, no need to be insultive.

if they say Mungo Park discovered the Niger today, na so so cry all of una go dey cry.

Was he undercover? Nobody knew he was looking for the source of the Niger?

My point is: regardless if the man is a spy or not, all of you will still shout when the information he's gathering, is utilized and NOT for your "perceived" benefit.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by deor03(m): 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
4 Play:

@4 Play
click on this link

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=nJFFrLX-924C&printsec=frontcover&dq=economic+hitmen#PPR20,M1

Then go to page xx
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
Gosh dude!!! Roflmao~!!!

So, are you suggesting that where the article says …. In countries like Ecuador, Nigeria, and Indonesia, we dress like local schoolteachers and shop owners. . . . You take that to mean they send Caucasian Americans to dress as schoolteachers, Gala Sellers, and no one ever suspects a thing?

Roflmao!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
Was he undercover? Nobody knew he was looking for the source of the Niger?

what does exploration have to do with espionage.

you are reaching heavily on this one.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
good lord!

as my mum used to say.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by stmanpule(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
how sure are you that this oyinbo albino is an american
http://mycitynews..com
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
stmanpule:

You no know say ALL oyinbo for Nigeria na american e go be? Roflmao!!! Even if the dude can not speak a word of the English language, as long as im be oyinbo, na american, and high possibility say im be CIA/MIA.

roflmao!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
stmanpule:

maybe because he said this:

I am going to give a presentation to the United States Embassy about my research,” said Alsilski. Born in the city of New York, the United States

and you seem not to know what an oyibo looks like?

good lord! Am getting more and more amazed. I fear Nigerians fa
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
man, lwkmd for the different dimensions this story don take.

very soon now we go hear say na osama this bobo dey work for.  

did some of you paranoias think for a second that the CIA will never send a Caucasian to come and spy in an all black country?  come on now, that one no even require common sense (wey in most cases, no too common sef).  

if the the CIA wants to send a spy or spies to naija, the obvious thing to do is use agents that are proficient in at least one naija language.

abeg, make una re n'le with all of una conspiracy theory o jare. . .like someone suggested, this could be a marketing strategy to penetrate the naija beef industry.  

by the way, the spies wey some of una dey holla fit dey enter the same taxi or danfo with una everyday and you won't know it.  
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
T@meD0:

man, lwkmd for the different dimensions this story don take.

very soon now we go hear say na osama this bobo dey work for.

did some of you paranoias think for a second that the CIA will never send a Caucasian to come and spy in an all black country? come on now, that one no even require common sense (wey in most cases, no too common sef).

if the the CIA wants to send a spy or spies to naija, the obvious thing to do is use agents that are proficient in at least one naija language.

abeg, make una re n'le with all of una conspiracy theory o jare. . .like someone suggested, this could be a marketing strategy to penetrate the naija beef industry.

by the way, the spies wey some of una dey holla fit dey enter the same taxi or danfo with una everyday and you won't know it.

did the CIA tell you they dont already have plenty of Nigerians working for them?

If they feel your views are too biased, then who better to send than someone who isnt one of you.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
una just dey argue sha! undecided
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
OH NO!!!

There is EVERYTHING WRONG with a white man speaking Yoruba!!!! I will be too weirded out to respond to such a person if I ever met one. Just as disturbing as it would be to picture an Indian or a Chinese speaking fluent Ibo or Hausa!!! Abasi mbo!! TuFIAKWA!!!

Roflmao!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
Nigeria has an official language called English.

Most younger people wey no sabi english dey still speak broken.

If not speaking Yoruba didnt prevent them from colonising you before then why would it suddenly be a problem now.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by MUZBO(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
Even though it sounds outrageous to suggest this guy is CIA but can you prove that Michael Jackson was not a CIA agent that was used to infiltrate the KKK before his colour switch became irreversible?
If the CIA can overthrow governments then there's no telling what they can't do. They are not even military but intelligence well funded that even FBI and Interpol begs for information. I still believe the guy is selling for research though. Why waste a person hawking when you can bribe a Vice President or opposition leader to sell sensitive info.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
MUZBO:

Even though it sounds outrageous to suggest this guy is CIA but can you prove that Michael Jackson was not a CIA agent that was used to infiltrate the KKK before his colour switch became irreversible?
If the CIA can overthrow governments then there's no telling what they can't do. They are not even military but intelligence well funded that even FBI and Interpol begs for information. I still believe the guy is selling for research though. Why waste a person hawking when you can bribe a Vice President or opposition leader to sell sensitive info.

that's the thing. standing in the sun for hours ever day is just plain suffer head
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Beaf: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
Strange things happen for strange reasons.
An American selling gala in lagos is very strange. Perhaps it is to promote a new range, for the press, the guy is insane or checking street mentality. He certainly isn't researching street hawking.

It is intelligent to ask questions about this guy.

Instead if you dey type "raflamao" you be mumu; de kin person wen all im pikin papa be im neighbour. Why? Because de mugu tink say neighbour suppose say "hello" for im bedroom.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by 4Play(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
This debate is surreal.   Is the presence of a white American hawking gala on the streets of Lagos the telltale signs of espionage?  grin  grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by seeklove: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
@kobojunkie
Please educate yourself about the CIA. There is a bill in America called the freedom of information bill. Since it was passed, people can get more information about the CIA and there hitherto secret operations. You'd be surprised what and who the CIA will use an as undercover. It is possible that the guy is a secret agent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Flees As Red Caps Take Over Kano Government House (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Approves 10 Hectares For Workers’ Housing Scheme / Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.