Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,604 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

American Hawks Gala In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Hawks Gala In Lagos (9799 Views)

Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by 4Play(m): 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
seeklove:

@kobojunkie
Please educate yourself about the CIA. There is a bill in America called the freedom of information bill. Since it was passed, people can get more information about the CIA and there hitherto secret operations. You'd be surprised what and who the CIA will use an as undercover. It is possible that the guy is a secret agent.

With a name like Seeklove, no doubt, a pun on Strangelove, how are we sure you are not a spy?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
Why is it so hard to believe this is for research?

or does everything oyinbo get you guys hyper?

naija man working in mcdonalds is espionage o.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by okokomeji: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
Lagosians start with mumbo jumbo craps again. Some people might go ahead and say he's not Oyinbo; he's one evil spirit from Odo Iyalaro in disguise. This same notion had during pre-colonial eras.
If CIA wants to gather facts about Nigeria, I promise wil never come in person and will only tip-off "Olofofos or snitchers" among you to reveal every last one of your secrets. Thus, don't take the fact that he might be a spy, but I doubt it will happen in the common people or average Nigerians' areas.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by seeklove: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
4 Play:

With a name like Seeklove, no doubt, a pun on Strangelove, how are we sure you are not a spy?

I could very well be. Being an agent for CIA is not a crime; it is a job of honnor, and a job of patriotism.

bawomolo:

I do not doubt that the guy is on research. But what I am saying is that it very possible for CIA to have an agent who is a street hawker. But like somebody said, they will not use a white man for such a job in Nigeria where one can easily spot him. There are so many Nigerian Americans who can blend in the Nigerian street without anybody suspecting. I believe CIA would rather use a Nigerian American agent or at least a black agent for such a mission.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by DoubleN(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
Na Wa!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by nich(m): 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2009
'guess i have to wait to see what movie this becomes.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by davidif: 12:25am On Jun 18, 2009
oh boy, here comes the conspiracy theorist. The man is CIA, the man is mossad, the man is MI5 or even KGB papa, and he was to steal secrets by selling gala. Kai, Nigerians. If CIA wanted to spy from Nigeria, wouldn't they do it by using a top level official like a diplomat, ambassador or even the vice president or senate president. Besides what's there to spy from Nigeria? How to make suya? Nonsense, awon alai ninkon se. angry hisses
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by spoilt(f): 1:18am On Jun 18, 2009
if you see how recession and austerity is biting down hard here in the states its not far fetched that oyibo is hawking gala. Which kind research? Lol. grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jun 18, 2009
nich:

Who get Nollywood contact make we copyright this one fast fast !!!! Roflmao!!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by ztyle(m): 1:30am On Jun 18, 2009
Na wa, American don enter gala bizness uhm, gala dey hungry me here. embarassed
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Redman44(m): 2:02am On Jun 18, 2009
I'm very sure the guy is on a commercial research mission. He could be going to his room in a hotel to type and save his experiences on a laptop after closing for the day. I've come across these kind of guys recently. The Nigerian security Agencies know what he's up to and they have been briefed by the American Embassy. If you care to know, a lot of information is being gathered about Nigeria daily by foreigners for research and other purposes. How did the American Professors I talked about earlier on gather information about the Nigerian Fruit Juice Market? They must have spent some months in Nigeria conducting their research.

It is painful that Foreigners know more about our country than us cry cry Sometime in 1995, Some Europeans visited Erunwon in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, to make a documentary on the Bilikisu Sungbo Grove in the town. My uncle spotted some of them picking up some shiny stones in the bushes near the road leading to the grove. God knows what they intended to do with the stones. I doubt if many Nigerians know what the Bilikisu Sungbo Grove is all about. Please google the name- Bilikisu Sungbo [ you'll be amazed what you'll come up with ]. I met an Irishman in England who knew all about the Niger Delta and its history. He lived for many years in Nigeria, especially in Rivers and Delta States. Many foreigners speak Yoruba and Igbo languages fluently. So we should not be shocked that this fella is selling gala on the streets of Lagos. He knows what he is doing. Cheers. cool cool
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Jun 18, 2009
I won't be suprised if this was for a documentary of some sort.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by mamagee3(f): 2:17am On Jun 18, 2009
Now, that is cool cool grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 2:28am On Jun 18, 2009
bawomolo:

dont flatter yourself.

Naija man working in macdonalds is to pay bills and send money home to the village.

So research cancels out espionage, right? They're mutually exclusive, in your opinion?

anyway, if your feelings are really hurt that much, lets assume the information gathered will be used to check the feasibility of a MacDonalds or some other country's fast food joint in Nigeria.

seeklove:

I could very well be. Being an agent for CIA is not a crime; it is a job of honnor, and a job of patriotism.

I do not doubt that the guy is on research. But what I am saying is that it very possible for CIA to have an agent who is a street hawker. But like somebody said, they will not use a white man for such a job in Nigeria where one can easily spot him. There are so many Nigerian Americans who can blend in the Nigerian street without anybody suspecting. I believe CIA would rather use a Nigerian American agent or at least a black agent for such a mission.

true, they've been using black Nigerians to spy on themselves long before now. That one na normal thing.

However, people say if you see a frog running in the daytime, you know something is chasing it or else its chasing something.

Two Dutchmen working as gas station attendants. Chinese all over the place. A white American selling gala in Lagos traffic.

Now, if the American guy was selling hot amala with okro stew and crayfish, I could say he's definitely not a spy, because only a stupid spy would show himself like that. But the gala wey im dey sell- na Nigerian food? No be British abi Scottish?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by rechelle(f): 4:04am On Jun 18, 2009
Oh wait, just yesterday i saw two Asian looking guys  riding okadas with their Nigerian passengers. Both were at Awolowo road, ikeja. You could see from the way the passengers thrusted one of theirs hand (pointing to a particular direction in a bid to assist the foreigner locate his place of destination) that the riders were totally clueless about what the job description a la skill entailed.
As they rode in all akwardness, with the bikes trembling from left to right, the passangers held their helments in place with one hand and used the other for directions. It was an 'out-of-place' type scene cos there were two bikes, each with his own passenger, and almost exact wombly riding, within a 10min interval. I remember unconsiously mumbling the word 'wierd' and just continued walking. That said, i think this guy is really who he says he is, Americans are like that, they can go all out for any initiave that supports their grades, economy or general well-being of their nation, think its called patriotism? Unfortunately not many Nigerians are familiar with the word (although they have every reason not to).

And by the way, there's a reason why the word is 'Under-Cover'. Thats an over emphasised expression reinforcing its purpose

Back to sleep now. NYSC clearance continues tomorrow.
Night.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 5:51am On Jun 18, 2009
seeklove:

yea, the CIA will send an obvious whiteman to hawk the streets of lagos to get all that high value info. well when u see the world through ur prime it is easy to think that everyone else is at least half as dumb as u are, no offense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

rechelle:

Oh wait, just yesterday i saw two Asian looking guys  riding okadas with their Nigerian passengers. Both were at Awolowo road, ikeja. You could see from the way the passengers thrusted one of theirs hand (pointing to a particular direction in a bid to assist the foreigner locate his place of destination) that the riders were totally clueless about what the job description a la skill entailed.
As they rode in all akwardness, with the bikes trembling from left to right, the passangers held their helments in place with one hand and used the other for directions. It was an 'out-of-place' type scene cos there were two bikes, each with his own passenger, and almost exact wombly riding, within a 10min interval. I remember unconsiously mumbling the word 'wierd' and just continued walking. That said, i think this guy is really who he says he is, Americans are like that, they can go all out for any initiave that supports their grades, economy or general well-being of their nation, think its called patriotism? Unfortunately not many Nigerians are familiar with the word (although they have every reason not to).

And by the way, there's a reason why the word is 'Under-Cover'. Thats an over emphasised expression reinforcing its purpose

Back to sleep now. NYSC clearance continues tomorrow.
Night.

wow! here is a smart one! -sighs-
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 6:00am On Jun 18, 2009
na2day?:

yea, the CIA will send an obvious whiteman to hawk the streets of lagos to get all that high value info. well when u see the world through ur prime it is easy to think that everyone else is at least half as dumb as u are, no offense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I dont see anything dumb about his post and btw, what's high value about hawking gala in lagos traffic?

The question is, where's the information going, and who exactly will be using it?

Our Nigerian "brothers" with American connections? Some other foreign power with interests in Nigeria?

The US itself is always on the lookout for spies and locks them up regularly. Just last week or so I was reading about an old couple who they said were spying for Cuba using shopping carts or something similar.

There's something called hiding in plain sight.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by oyinda3(f): 6:04am On Jun 18, 2009
the guy said he's on an academic fulbright exchange program. it's right on the first post
http://fulbright.state.gov/

what with all these silly CIA undercover arguments  undecided. even if they wanted an undercover they would choose a black american to blend in the environment rather than a white that stands out so starkly
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 6:08am On Jun 18, 2009
abeg I don tire.

everybody enjoy your day.

Cant give myself a headache over the state of Nigeria's reading culture and educational manpower.

ordinary google dey reveal all kinds of info- as soon as I typed in something the whole page filled up.

Since I'm not a human google, make I waka.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by oyinda3(f): 6:11am On Jun 18, 2009

I won't be suprised if this was for a documentary of some sort.

funny guys. the dude is probably using it to write his honors graduate thesis. lol movie ko film ni
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2009
I didn't mean the white man selling gala. I was refering to this --- the black man's fear and suspicions of all things white ( note: the very same who claim this is most likely CIA are the same group, who at every chance, announce they are not afraid of the WHITE MAN and that everyone who is, is enslaved by the white man)  grin

We definitely need to be exposed to movies that expose our gullible nature, and maybe help us all better understand why Nigeria remains as is.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 6:33am On Jun 18, 2009
tpiah:

I dont see anything dumb about his post and btw, what's high value about hawking gala in lagos traffic?

The question is, where's the information going, and who exactly will be using it?

Our Nigerian "brothers" with American connections? Some other foreign power with interests in Nigeria?

The US itself is always on the lookout for spies and locks them up regularly. Just last week or so I was reading about an old couple who they said were spying for Cuba using shopping carts or something similar.

There's something called hiding in plain sight.

number one, that is cuba where 99.9% of the population is not black. haba, make una use common sense nau. if they want to spy on our gala secrets, they will send sum1 that can easily mix among the population and wont stand out so obviously, maybe another african in their pay sheet. a friend of mine has been doing research for abt 5 yrs here in the usa and canada for nigeria, traveling back and front, so i guess he is the nigerian spy we sent here bah? una no get work
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by MUZBO(m): 8:01am On Jun 18, 2009
You know all this CIA stuff started because one of the first guys to react to this suggested it. I wonder how the argument would've gone if I first suggested he wanted enough popularity from selling gala to join PDP and become president!
Anything is almost possible for Naija.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by biola44: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2009
MUZBO:

You know all this CIA stuff started because one of the first guys to react to this suggested it. I wonder how the argument would've gone if I first suggested he wanted enough popularity from selling gala to join PDP and become president!
Anything is almost possible for Naija.

i dont see anythig special abt dis! cool
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bintab(f): 8:25am On Jun 18, 2009
Exactly, they will , knowing the high population of ignoramuses on the nigerian streets they will. i once told a story of how an american came to a police check point and walked up to the olopa and told him the rifle he's carrying was last manufactured in the US some 30yrs back, Waow!! is it still working ?, he asked and olopa said yes. let me have a look he said, and olopa handed him the rifle to check  grin grin
[quote][/quote]Heh you got me there,i tire for laugh my brother, he he he he he,
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by naijacutee(f): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2009
Wow, our thought processes in Nigeria are alarming. Ok, he says he's an American researcher - Why is that so hard to believe? Because he's white? Therefore he's "higher" or "better" than us? And thus cannot stoop so low as to sell gala on the road? Something that not average nigerians, but "poor" or "lowerclass" Nigerians do?

Hence he must be CIA? (lol)
And in the whole of the US, full of black people/Nigerians looking for work, they couldn't find someone black to blend into the streets of Lagos. So that no one would detect them?

If you have carried out research at any level, (especially Post-Grad), you will see that a lot of researchers have to go and "be" the people they are researching, as that is the best way to understand the issues surrounding them. One of my lecturers was studying teachers attitudes towards student behaviours, and she had to become a teacher for 3 months. She told everyone she was a researcher at the begiining, but after a while they started to treat her as part of the staff.

So it's nothing new, guys. Don't panic.  
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by delegirl(f): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2009
its good, Nigerians are moving up,
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dedeike: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2009
He's a researcher and nothing more.The topic of the research is: Lagos: The anatomy of an urban jungle.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by mayrho(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2009
What How shocked this guy na SPY no doubt
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by MUZBO(m): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2009
What if he is a private contractor doing research for the CIA?
All I know is he must be doing research!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by lysaa2: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2009
eldee:

How can he say he's observing the suffering of the average gala hawker. . . when his findings are already distorted by the culture effect.
This dude, cus of his colour is already the highest selling gala-hawker in the whole of Lagos
Infact, UAC Foods should get him to do ads for them.
Bout policemen, what policeman will sieze a Yankee man's gala??

If you really want to do research in this case, hire Naija guys to interview gala sellers and stop attracting attention
Participants observe the behaviour of the object in its natural environment . . . a white gala man in Lagos is far from that

I'm an American hawking a question for u to buy. . why did i get banned? I'm so serious!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by emmydee(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
Can u imagine that? We here have not even considered it worth doing to research on this kind of thing, oyinbo has also come down from heaven to handle it. What a nation. Must oyinbo do everything for us. haba. Africa, pls wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! / Buhari: Osinbajo Demonstrates Remarkable Intellectual, Mental Energy / Jonathan Is Winning Southwest Votes: Is Anyone Doubting This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.