Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

American Hawks Gala In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Hawks Gala In Lagos (9796 Views)

Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Hawks Gala In Lagos by manuch(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ojota area of Lagos state.

American Hawks Gala In Lagos

An American, Mr. Sean Alsilski, was seen hawking gala sausage rolls yesterday, at the Ojota area of Lagos state.
He easily drew a large crowd as Lagosians laughed and wondered what could have made him to hawk gala in Lagos, and on a sunny day too.
But Alsilski, unperturbed by the people watching and giggling at him, continued to sell his stuff to motorists and passersby who were eager to buy from him, some just for the fun of it.

He rebuffed people trying to ask him why he was out in the streets selling gala, saying he was too busy to talk to anyone. After much prompting by this reporter, he opened up on why he was out selling gala on Lagos streets. Alsilski said he came to Lagos to carry out a six-month research project on hawking and street trading in Lagos, and the best way to get the answers that he wants was to get involved in the real business rather than be an observer.

He said he had already spent five months in Lagos, hawking gala at different parts of the state. “I am here to do a research on hawking and street trading. I was billed to be in Nigeria for six months as part of the Fullbright exchange programme. “I have been here for five months now, hawking. I have one month to go. I am going to give a presentation to the United States Embassy about my research,” said Alsilski. Born in the city of New York, the United States, Alsilski lamented that from what he has observed, government was harsh on hawkers and street traders.

“Hawkers here are under stress right now from the government and I am studying what the government is doing right now. We can make some recommendations. “Government is harsh on them. Some of them have had their goods taken away. I am not sure that is the best way to go about it. “In some cities, hawkers and traders are given licenses and allowed to go to certain areas to hawk. But hawkers should not be allowed to hawk in places like Oshodi,” he stated. Alsilski’s hawking business has taken him to Yaba, Ojuelegba, Mushin, Ojota, Mile 2, Apapa, Lagos Island and Agege.

source pm news
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2009
Nice
Feel the shitzo Naija style! grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by RichyBlacK(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2009
Interesting research project.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by blacksta(m): 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
The project title will be - The dynamics of Gala entic motions bearing impact on the masses digestive system
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by deor03(m): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2009
Does he have the work permit or the right visa to work in Nigeria?

Why is KAI not arresting this guy; street trading is a crime in Lagos?

Is this guy not using gala sale ; as a cover-up for some other espionage?

It amazes me, what usually get us amused; when people are supposed to be asking deep questions? Many hundreds of years ago, our fore fathers were amazed when they saw the white man had their fingers burnt.

It's rather funny that till date we are still doing the-same things all over again.

I suggest you read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins (2004), and understand that that guy on the street of Ojota is doing a very different job, not gala sale
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by walata44(m): 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2009

It amazes me, what usually get us amused; when people are supposed to be asking deep questions? Many hundreds of years ago, our fore fathers were amazed when they saw the white man had their fingers burnt.

It's rather funny that till date we are still doing the-same things all over again.

I suggest you read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins (2004), and understand that that guy on the street of Ojota is doing a very different job, not gala sale

GBAM!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by blacksta(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
The Guy na Undercover American spy - he should be arrested and questioned.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by OneNaija(m): 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
Picture of my Guy

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by JustGood(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
deor03:

God bless.

We have problems with our thinking faculties.

I bet the guy goes back to write some stinkers about ALL of us, and make the rest of the world despise us some more, while we are celebrating him.

embarassed
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dnex(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
The man is a CIA operative whose cover has been blown.

That's how one Nigerian-American was forming cart pusher at Murtala Muhammed International Airport with deep Texan accent. Within weeks she was arrested and charged with espionage.

Others have come in the name of NGOs but one thing they don't know is that there's nothing to spy on Nigeria for. Just ask and it shall be given. Afterall, the Americans have been given a whole floor at the Defence Headquarters.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2009
I wish his story was true. Unfortunately, I cant buy it.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
dnex:

The man is a CIA operative whose cover has been blown.

That's how one Nigerian-American was forming cart pusher at Murtala Muhammed International Airport with deep Texan accent. Within weeks she was arrested and charged with espionage.

Others have come in the name of NGOs but one thing they don't know is that there's nothing to spy on Nigeria for. Just ask and it shall be given. Afterall, the Americans have been given a whole floor at the Defence Headquarters.

WOW!!! I wonder what goes on in that head of yours!!! I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can believe everything is a conspiracy of some sort. So a CIA operative comes into Nigeria to pose as a gala seller so he can infilterate the GALA RING in LAGOS . . . . . ooooooo ??

ROFLMAO!!!

2 Likes

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by debosky(m): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! I wonder what goes on in that head of yours!!! I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can believe everything is a conspiracy of some sort. So a CIA operative comes into Nigeria to pose as a gala seller so he can infilterate the GALA RING in LAGOS . . . . . ooooooo ??

ROFLMAO!!!

Don't sniff at it - Gala selling is one of the most profitable businesses in Nigeria at the moment, and with economic crunch in the US, they are naturally interested in this lucrative market. In fact, the consipracy involves Lagos State government who is getting rid of Nigerian hawkers in anticipation of the mass flood of American hawkers to take their place grin grin

Besides, being a Gala operative is the perfect way to pass across dangerous American propaganda to unsuspecting hungry folk trundling along in Lagos' manic traffic jams. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! I wonder what goes on in that head of yours!!! I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can believe everything is a conspiracy of some sort. So a CIA operative comes into Nigeria to pose as a gala seller so he can infilterate the GALA RING in LAGOS . . . . . ooooooo  ??

ROFLMAO!!!

For god's sake, we all know that CIA uses imaginable and unimaginable ways one can think of to get or pass across info.
That I dont suspect him being a CIA agent doesnt mean that I wont keep that as an option to think of or argue against people who suspect such.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
blacksta:

The project title will be - The dynamics of Gala entic motions bearing impact on the masses digestive system

Now, That's It.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tkconcept(m): 2:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
we should be ashamed as a country that it takes an american (foreigner) to carry out this research in order to make recomendations to our government.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dnex(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kobojunkie

you underestimate these people. CIA agents have infiltrated East Germany as a drunks, mentally deranged fellows, beggars, and even one went as a pile of junk.

Don't play with the levels and lengths spies would go to in order to conceal their identities and achieve their goals. The penalty for those caught spying is most likely death. So I wonder if one wouldn't disguise as a Babalawo.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
JustGood:

God bless.

We have problems with our thinking faculties.

I bet the guy goes back to write some stinkers about ALL of us, and make the rest of the world despise us some more, while we are celebrating him.

embarassed

Na wa o. Besides this thread, has this topic been discussed elsewhere? Because I am yet to see anyone on this thread "celebrating" the hawker.

@ topic

Apart from the whole he must be a spy/007 brouhaha, we know that Nigeria can be lawless. However, you'll find that a lot of times, Nigeria is lawless with her own citizens. The moment a foreigner comes in the picture, the rule of law suddenly jumps out of nowhere and starts rolling.
My point is even if hawkers are all over Lagos and are not being controlled, should that give a foreigner rights to hawk on our streets?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

Don't sniff at it - Gala selling is one of the most profitable businesses in Nigeria at the moment, and with economic crunch in the US, they are naturally interested in this lucrative market. In fact, the consipracy involves Lagos State government who is getting rid of Nigerian hawkers in anticipation of the mass flood of American hawkers to take their place grin grin

Besides, being a Gala operative is the perfect way to pass across dangerous American propaganda to unsuspecting hungry folk trundling along in Lagos' manic traffic jams. grin grin grin

how dare - you you are in cahoots with the palefaces nefarious plan to sterilize and brainwash lagosians via gala .
when all worker class of lagos(who susbsist on gala) have been neutralized, american workers will troop in.

new deal 2009 - reverse outsourcing cheesy
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2009
dnex:

Kobojunkie

you underestimate these people. CIA agents have infiltrated East Germany as a drunks, mentally deranged fellows, beggars, and even one went as a pile of junk.

Don't play with the levels and lengths spies would go to in order to conceal their identities and achieve their goals. The penalty for those caught spying is most likely death. So I wonder if one wouldn't disguise as a Babalawo.

I don’t underestimate them. Rather, I choose not to live paranoid and suspicious of all around me. To assume that, because you have read books/watched movies of how the CIA does all it can to infiltrate any group it wants to, this man definitely has to be of the CIA is ludicrous. You really think they would try something like this --- a WHITE and out of place american in the middle in all BLACK Nigeria selling GALA, and telling people he is doing it for a research Seriously, if you do not see how ridiculously funny and absurd that is, then I will continue to wonder how you make these things make sense to you.

What will your “CIA” do next?  Send a BLACK man to infiltrate the KKK??

ROFLMAO!!! Big time!!

I mean seriously, what is the WHITE gala man after? Is he out to jeopardize Yar adua's REBRANDING scam scheme? grin grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by debosky(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
oyb:

how dare -  you you are in cahoots with the palefaces nefarious  plan to sterilize and brainwash   lagosians via gala .
when all worker class of lagos(who susbsist on gala) have been neutralized, american workers will troop in.

new deal 2009 - reverse outsourcing  cheesy

This is serious!! Our patriotic and garrulous agberos, pure water sellers and area boys will be next!! Resist the enemy!! NO to American Gala Sellers!!  grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by blacksta(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don’t underestimate them. Rather, I choose not to live paranoid and suspicious of all around me. To assume that, because you have read books/watched movies of how the CIA does all it can to infiltrate any group it wants to, this man definitely has to be of the CIA is ludicrous. You really think they would try something like this --- a WHITE and out of place american in the middle in all BLACK Nigeria selling GALA, and telling people he is doing it for a research Seriously, if you do not see how ridiculously funny and absurd that is, then I will continue to wonder how you make these things make sense to you.

What will your “CIA” do next?  Send a BLACK man to infiltrate the KKK??

ROFLMAO!!! Big time!!

I mean seriously, what is the WHITE gala man after? Is he out to jeopardize Yar adua's REBRANDING scam scheme? grin grin grin

U r missing the whole picture the fact that he is out of place makes suspicoius people elminate that idea in ones head that the guys is not a spy. how can they be that stupid.

U know the saying the more u look the less u see
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dnex(m): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Kobojunkie

you see that this fellow's perceptive propaganda is already working on you. It has not been stated that this spy is an Oyibo, yet you have already acceded to it. This guy is CIA working in conjunction with MI6. When his documents are checked we will know the truth. So did the guy just go to the Nigerian embassy and say: hello dudes, I want to go on an exchange program in Nigeria in order to sell Gala?

You've been forewarned.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
blacksta:

U r missing the whole picture the fact that he is out of place makes suspicoius people elminate that idea in ones head that the guys is not a spy. how can they be that stupid.

U know the saying the more u look the less u see

Roflmao!!! I am not sure you even understand what you just said. So, you are saying the Police force would send a Policeman into the midst of Drug dealers because the dealers would immediately say because he seems out of place means he is not out to get them?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
dnex:

@Kobojunkie

you see that this fellow's perceptive propaganda is already working on you. It has not been stated that this spy is an Oyibo, yet you have already acceded to it. This guy is CIA working in conjunction with MI6. When his documents are checked we will know the truth. So did the guy just go to the Nigerian embassy and say: hello dudes, I want to go on an exchange program in Nigeria in order to sell Gala?

You've been forewarned.
Yes, it is working on me!!!

shakes head!! grin grin grin Nigerians and their desperate need to feel relevant at all cost!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by blacksta(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! I am not sure you even understand what you just said. So, you are saying the Police force would send a Policeman into the midst of Drug dealers because the dealers would immediately say because he seems out of place means he is not out to get them?

i hope u r not saying the policeman will dress in uniform amongst drug dealers. would that not be daft?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2009
blacksta:

i hope u r not saying the policeman will dress in uniform amongst drug dealers. would that not be daft?

BUT, that is what YOU are saying!! ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin

I seriously would not believe the CIA would send a Caucasian American to infiltrate Al Quaeeda to find Bin Laden.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by declem(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2009
i wish what u are saying is true.keep kool
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by domwas2(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ poster,
Only God knows how many news they tell are true,
I was there when the picture was taken at the very place, The white-guy was only given the gala for them 2 take the shot of him selling gala

Hey, Naija, they can do anything to sell papers.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
OH BOY!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

a CIA agent posing for picture with a Box of Gala in his hands? I am definitely rolling on the floor in laughter now!!! grin grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by ScanLess: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
abeg make una cool down, the guy is an Israeli-American spying for Mossad. he is only preparing the ground for more competent white spies to come in as pure water sellers  grin grin
when it becomes accepted in Lagos they will penetrate Kano and start looking for Bin Laden agents among the almajiris. with Yaradull mingling with Amadinejad lately  you never can tell
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
I'd have to go with Kobo on this one. Whats with the paranoia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna, Nigeria’s Second Most Indebted State – El-rufai / Tinubu Fails To Make 25% In FCT, It All Becomes Complicated Now- A Lawyer / "Career Politicians Are Creators Of Poverty In Nigeria" - Kingsley Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.