Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

American Hawks Gala In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Hawks Gala In Lagos (9795 Views)

Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by debosky(m): 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I'd have to go with Kobo on this one. Whats with the paranoia?

You berra be careful - THEY are watching. undecided grin grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
Hmm gala . . . miss it. tongue
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by ofokasibe: 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2009
this is not even funny . how am i suppose to laugh .whats special bout him sef ?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

You berra be careful - THEY are watching. undecided grin grin grin

LOL!
I suspect you are in her Majesty's Secret Service sef. With your way around women and all. . . . grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by salinco(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
grin grin shocked wink
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by EbonyNaija: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2009
I honestly doubt that this guy is a 'spy' or any other fancy term for that matter. He's just doing a research  on street hawking , conspiracy theories make for good novels but aren't really that cool in real life. While it may not be ideal ( the law on hawking etc ) lets not blow it out of proportions. At the best it will give real detailed info on what the average hyawker goes through, something that most Nigerian graduates may not be interested in subjecting themselves to.

My point, leave the guy alone
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by smurf1(f): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
So what?, can he not earn a sensible living again? undecided
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by naijaking1: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ther's no question that the guy's motive is different from other gala sellers on Lagos Streets, but do you guys really think an undercover agency(CIA, Mosad,SSS,KGB,MI5) will place a white American male, with his accent, his different culture on Lagos streets as an undercover
Ironic shocked
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by cecegorz(m): 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
Spare me this academic junkpile!
That a white American research fellow from New York will have to go hawking on the street of Lagos inorder to get info on street trading?
First of all is it not against Lagos state law? What info can he not gleen first hand from all those hustling kids on the highway?

I tell you, that guy is more than meet the eyes. Its too implausible for me to buy into this crap!
Let him go to china or iran and try it, not only that they will unveil his true mission, he will go in for that too.

Our own NIA/SSS should get a transponder/mic and bug that guy while pretending to buy his good old gala, then go back and monitor him and see if they won't unravel the real man.

Talk about a country with no security!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
cecegorz:

Spare me this academic junkpile!
That a white American research fellow from New York will have to go hawking on the street of Lagos inorder to get info on street trading?
First of all is it not against Lagos state law? What info can he not gleen first hand from all those hustling kids on the highway?

I tell you, that guy is more than meet the eyes. Its too implausible for me to buy into this crap!
Let him go to china or iran and try it, not only that they will unveil his true mission, he will go in for that too.

Our own NIA/SSS should get a transponder/mic and bug that guy while pretending to buy his good old gala, then go back and monitor him and see if they won't unravel the real man.

Talk about a country with no security!

Yes ooooo!!!! We never even fit monitor where our money they go and all the criminals we get in office, or even the money wey dem claim say we dey miss on a daily basis for naija, na oyinbo man wey dey sell gala we suppose go monitor.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by ScanLess: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
naijaking1:

Ther's no question that the guy's motive is different from other gala sellers on Lagos Streets, but do you guys really think an undercover agency(CIA, Mosad,SSS,KGB,MI5) will place a white American male, with his accent, his different culture on Lagos streets as an undercover
Ironic shocked

Exactly, they will , knowing the high population of ignoramuses on the nigerian streets they will. i once told a story of how an american came to a police check point and walked up to the olopa and told him the rifle he's carrying was last manufactured in the US some 30yrs back, Waow!! is it still working ?, he asked and olopa said yes. let me have a look he said, and olopa handed him the rifle to check  grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by abhosts(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2009
If the CIA can easily get full bred Nigerians to work for them, why would they want to create a fiasco by using someone like this?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by FBS: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
Does he have a work permit?
Why KAI no arrest the guy?

On another thought. . .a very interesting research. Young children are hawking to make a living for their parents. Someone from another country is doing it for ordinary research. *don't know what to say*
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
na waoo,

Funniest thing, this white guy will be more patronized,
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by eldee(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
How can he say he's observing the suffering of the average gala hawker. . . when his findings are already distorted by the culture effect.
This dude, cus of his colour is already the highest selling gala-hawker in the whole of Lagos
Infact, UAC Foods should get him to do ads for them.
Bout policemen, what policeman will sieze a Yankee man's gala??

If you really want to do research in this case, hire Naija guys to interview gala sellers and stop attracting attention
Participants observe the behaviour of the object in its natural environment . . . a white gala man in Lagos is far from that
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by hackney(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
Yes o !!! even so, CIA does not need to go underground here, they will just give somebody money and he will bring all the original files.

What will he be spying on the road? Our wonderful traffic?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bigben3: 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
@topic
no big deal!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by kok(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
make una call KAI, LASTMA, IMMIGRATION AND MOPOL make they come carry that guy b4 e execute him plan o. These white guys are always up to something. Its exciting but crazy, at thesame time deadly! Someone please call 911!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by mrdan(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
You guys are all looking at this the wrong way, what if this guy isn't a spy but someone selling tainted gala with biological agents n them to take us nigerians down.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Beaf: 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
When you want to check how stupid someone can get, you approach them with something stupid! If they react "ahhh! How amusing! Notin spoil" You get a very high reading on the stupidity scale. When the result is preventative action or questions, you get a very low reading on the stupidity scale.
The situation is like a man in a wifes bed (only he's not her husband) , the legit fool is the lounge drinking burukutu,  "ahhh! How amusing! Notin spoil".
The guy aint even black, but he took a 12 hour flight to sell gala in oshodi and mushin? Nobody is asking what questions he's asking people at street level, no one is probing to see if he really is after a deep understanding of the street psyche in lagos (and the danger that entails).
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Vuitton(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2009
mrdan:

You guys are all looking at this the wrong way, what if this guy isn't a spy but someone selling tainted gala with biological agents n them to take us nigerians down.

Wow another dimension shocked
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by naijaking1: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
mrdan:

Take us down, we're already down. What will they do, take our electricity, bring corruption, and or insecurity
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tobaaro(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
And so waaaattt?

Na 2day

Abeg make una put beta topic 4man jare, Hissn!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
I really don't blame the guy and his research.
Why on earth didn't he go to the Niger Delta to Hawk gala.
MI6 and CIA put together would not be able to negotiate his release.
I can already see my niger delta kidnappers hissing all about the place. . "chei, y dat oyinbo no come ph, omo na at least 5 million dollars we for demand" shocked
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by jidobaba(m): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
Forget all this conspiracy dis n dat. I spoke with d guy. I blieve he's high on sumn. Defn mentally suspect.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2009
mrdan:

Na teeth. Bird flu didn't take us down. Na gala poison go come do am. Beans!!!
They don't need to take us down, we r already killing ourselves.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by buzugee(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
that guy is trying to decimate our numbers in nigeria so that the foreigners can come in and have more influence over our oil and other resources. so far we are the only country in africa that cannot be easily usurped because of our numbers. when nigeria paid up all our loans to world bank, a lot of westerners started taking a closer look at naija and how they can get a hold of the goodness of the land. this guy is spreading some kind of disease. mark my words. embarassed
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
hackney:

Yes o !!! even so, CIA does not need to go underground here, they will just give somebody money and he will bring all the original files.

What will he be spying on the road? Our wonderful traffic?

Abi ooo!!! Roflmao!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
So what?, can he not earn a sensible living again?

it's research and not a business.

you loons are paranoid. spies are supposed to melt within their host society.

what spying does a white man do within a go slow?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

it's research and not a business.

you loons are paranoid. spies are supposed to melt within their host society.

what spying does a white man do within a go slow?

just for the record- in Nigeria or Africa, spies dont need to melt within their host society.

kapish?

People will openly tell them any information they want to know.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2009
CIA agents have infiltrated East Germany as a drunks, mentally deranged fellows, beggars, and even one went as a pile of junk.

a pile of junk, hunh?

wonderful.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2009
tpiah:

just for the record- in Nigeria or Africa, spies dont need to melt within their host society.

kapish?

People will openly tell them any information they want to know.

they do.

You think some white CIA operative is walking around the streets of Libya or Zimbabwe selling perfumes?

paranoia isn't a good thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency / Photos Of The State Of Anambra Roads Constructed By Peter Obi / Kaduna, Nigeria’s Second Most Indebted State – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.