Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

American Hawks Gala In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Hawks Gala In Lagos (9797 Views)

Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
na2day?:

number one, that is cuba where 99.9% of the population is not black. haba, make una use common sense nau. if they want to spy on our gala secrets, they will send sum1 that can easily mix among the population and wont stand out so obviously, maybe another african in their pay sheet. a friend of mine has been doing research for abt 5 yrs here in the usa and canada for nigeria, traveling back and front, so i guess he is the nigerian spy we sent here bah? una no get work

seriously, where do you get your figures from? 99.9 percent of the Cuban population isnt black? Because you're seeing "white" Cubans in your area, therefore that means blacks make up 0.01% of the population in Cuba? Naija statistics again. undecided

And you people should stop flattering yourselves- the millions or billions of Nigerians abroad are there for economic reasons- either legal or illegal ones. Its not the same thing as a westerner travelling to Nigeria. sheesh.

Dont know if you realise its not about the gala itself.

abeg if una understanding no reach I'm not God who gives it.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by itumama: 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
I wonder wat Nigeria is turning into,imagine Americans coming down to nigeria exploiting us even to the extent of making us a case to study.Anyway they knew our security was not good enough to withheld them from accomplishing their mission.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by hayprof(m): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
@kobo nd black, i gbadun both ur arguement. .like dey say there r two side to a coin, but on this thread e don reach like a million sides. .

Frm what i read on the fullbright website, there mission is dem ability to relate wit various  communities Home or/nd Abroad. .nothing there to argue about.

K, yes the CIA can come up with i.d card paper work nd the rest for some1 dat av nt attended skool @ all, just for their Under-cover thing. .Tru, dey go to any extent, who knws the Oyinbo-man is there to distract ur attention (. .just like he is the highest selling Gala hawker in lagos, jst because we black see it as weird) to get information, -like the 1st post said, the guy won't render informatn/explanation to any one. .but only to a reporter' . .Na wa O.

Ehheheh- some1 also said the Oyinbo guy was given the Gala carton for a picture pose, hw hillarious!

Yes, apart frm the fact dat d guy is a Full-brigthers, . .who is the information/report @ the end of 6mnths for, do the Nigerian Government have access to his Final report for Verification nd the rest b4 he flies off to the World unknown? . .we need to think straight.

Lol, @ Yaradull, . .i can't laff !!

Its been a educative thread all along, tanx!

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by TTgirl: 12:03am On Jun 19, 2009
How come no reporter saw him for the past 5 months? I hope the gala is not tainted oh! Something is just not right and I hope we do not bear the brunt! I reject imported diseases oh!I fear for the people eating that gala!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 12:47am On Jun 19, 2009
paranoid humans.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 12:50am On Jun 19, 2009
bawomolo:

paranoid humans.

abeg stop abusing everyone who doesnt hold your view.

na by force?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 2:15am On Jun 19, 2009
tpiah:

seriously, where do you get your figures from? 99.9 percent of the Cuban population isnt black? Because you're seeing "white" Cubans in your area, therefore that means blacks make up 0.01% of the population in Cuba? Naija statistics again. undecided

And you people should stop flattering yourselves- the millions or billions of Nigerians abroad are there for economic reasons- either legal or illegal ones. Its not the same thing as a westerner travelling to Nigeria. sheesh.

Dont know if you realise its not about the gala itself.

abeg if una understanding no reach I'm not God who gives it.

dumb to the power of 20! tongue tongue tongue as u dont know how to read between the lines let me explain it to u, when i say cuba is not 99.9% black i was drawing an inference to nigeria being largely a black populace. yes, there are black Cubans but be sure not to call every dark skinned person there black. i dont have the time to educate u on how to identify a black person but if u use google, i am sure u will find what are common features or characteristics of the black race grin grin grin i don tire to dey give u free education, for more on my post, see me in private and i will charge u accordingly. cool cool cool
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 3:53am On Jun 19, 2009
na2day?:

dumb to the power of 20! tongue tongue tongue as u dont know how to read between the lines let me explain it to u, when i say cuba is not 99.9% black i was drawing an inference to nigeria being largely a black populace. yes, there are black Cubans but be sure not to call every dark skinned person there black. i dont have the time to educate u on how to identify a black person but if u use google, i am sure u will find what are common features or characteristics of the black race grin grin grin i don tire to dey give u free education, for more on my post, see me in private and i will charge u accordingly. cool cool cool

I dont know if you think you're white, or maybe you're one of the whites who are black and Nigerian on the internet, but in any case, your Cuban reference has absolutely nothing to do with my initial post which you say you were responding to.

If you use google, you yourself will get a little better educated on HOW STUFF WORKS.

my guy, I no be gay, unfortunately for you. Stick with like minds!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 5:22am On Jun 19, 2009
tpiah:

I dont know if you think you're white, or maybe you're one of the whites who are black and Nigerian on the internet, but in any case, your Cuban reference has absolutely nothing to do with my initial post which you say you were responding to.

If you use google, you yourself will get a little better educated on HOW STUFF WORKS.

my guy, I no be gay, unfortunately for you. Stick with like minds!

--sighs-
since u still can't get it, i will just file ur case as hopeless lipsrsealed lipsrsealed by the way u cant google black race with key words like HOW STUFF WORKS but rather HOW STUFF WAS CREATED u would have gotten a better search result. learn to use ur search engines properly tongue tongue
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by DaJoneZ(f): 5:25am On Jun 19, 2009
CIA?, SPY?, too much T.V for some of you! tongue  undecided
What if he was just a normal American white guy carrying out his research?
For the journalist that wrote this article, that journalist found it hard to get an answer from that American guy, Maybe because of the responses he would get, or the quick judgements people would pass on him. (Like some of you who are taking deep trips on the conspiracy thing), at the end of the day, he has carried out what he went there to do because his 6 months are almost up if not already.  undecided
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2009
DaJoneZ:

CIA?, SPY?, too much T.V for some of you! tongue  undecided

i know right! naija ppl ney dey carry last i tell u grin grin grin grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by apijeje: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2009
i want to believe the guy has no return ticket to his country, he his trying to gather money for his flight back.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 6:06am On Jun 20, 2009
If CIA wants to spy on Nigeria for any reason, what would it take them to get a full blooded Nigerian in the US and send him over to get information rather they sent a white guy.

I am begining to suspect things, When Clinton came to Nigeria like 10 years ago I think he came to spy on the beautiful women of Niger State

OMG!!! This is so freaking hilarious CIA agent on the street of lagos selling Gala.

Let me put another twist to the conspiracy. The guy is just albino born in Ondo hos name is Dele

What is there to spy on the streets of Ojota that is not common knowledge.

US wan spy Nigeria? If the US wan spy Nigeria, Yar Adua would be so honoured to sell any info to them for a strip club lap dance in Las Vegas
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 6:09am On Jun 20, 2009
Well I sure hope that El Presidente's weakened heart can withstand that Lost Wages lap dance.  My money is on him busting a valve.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by walakolobo: 8:37am On Jun 20, 2009
deor03:

Does he have the work permit or the right visa to work in Nigeria?

Why is KAI not arresting this guy; street trading is a crime in Lagos?

Is this guy not using gala sale ; as a cover-up for some other espionage?

It amazes me, what usually get us amused; when people are supposed to be asking deep questions?  Many hundreds of years ago, our fore fathers were amazed when they saw the white man had their fingers burnt.

It's rather funny that till date we are still doing the-same things all over again.

I suggest you read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by  John Perkins (2004),  and understand that that guy on the street of Ojota is doing a very different job, not gala sale

Very stupid question, you think everyone is like Nigerians? Whats the big deal anyway? How many Nigerians do worse things in America?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2009
dayokanu:

If CIA wants to spy on Nigeria for any reason, what would it take them to get a full blooded Nigerian in the US and send him over to get information rather they sent a white guy.

abeg, help me tell them ooo
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Rhea(f): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2009
Make dey no kidnap the guy ooh
This country can be crazy at times grin
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2009
walakolobo:

Very stupid question, you think everyone is like Nigerians? Whats the big deal anyway? How many Nigerians do worse things in America?

How many of them do these worse things publicly and how many are let loose when caught?

@some people

Wonder why the same people who constantly demand that their opinions be respected cannot keep to what they've been preaching all these while.
Hypocrites!!!
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by lekwas: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
Na wa for una o! i know this guy and he is simply doing what anthropologists call participant observation. for him to get the type of information he needs on street trading, he has to actually participate. the issue of ban on street trading is aside. for you to imagine the type of things i have been reading on this thread, i fear una for naija. whats the big deal about this guy selling gala? abeg make una leave the oyinbo make him do im research go. why will he not fly 12 hours to sell gala at ojota when our Nigerian scholars can not undertake any meaningful research save to go to libraries of other universities to copy other peoples research work? since it has to take a white man to assess the psyche of street traders in Lagos, why all the brouhaha
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Toppiano(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2009
Chineke mei, there are lot of ways to dis incident
1. the guy is a spy
2.He wants to import gala
3.He wants to produce gala related snacks and wants to see if it will sell
4.He's truly carrying out a reseach on ''the effects of street-hawked GALA on the rumen, Omasum and abomasum of an average Nigerian on Lagos street. [i][/i]

Is naija the only place to hawk, make dem deport the guy b4 dem come begin slave trade again
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
Espionage? about what? Nigerian doesn't even have any trade or national secrets. As for working permit? Nigeria does not issue work permits and if he said that he is presenting it to US Embassy, then he is probably a US diplomat or has diplomatic immunity meaning he does not need any work permit. You guys honestly believe that the CIA is really that stupid to send a white man in the midst of blacks to spy as Gala man? I don't think one of the world's top secret agency would make that kind of stupid mistake. YES the CIA has a lot of diversity within its agency that is why they can penetrate further than other secret agencies leaving my answer that CIA would send an operative who is black and also a Nigerian to Nigeria or at least send an undetectable African that would blend into the cultures. All they need is US citizenship and obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dnex(m): 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
My word is final. CIA/MI6.

Operation Overlook is what this agent has embarked on. To show that Nigerians can even pass by the oddest looking, completely out of sorts spy, letting him do his job even in plein sight.

Naija, I hail thee. Afterall Nigeriens come to beg and we say nothing, Ghanaians come to sell kpof-kpof and we buy smiling, very soon a Japanese will come and become President and we'll be amused.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Abuzola(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
Nawa o
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by na2day2(m): 1:30am On Jun 23, 2009
na on top gala all these quarrel comot? shocked shocked shocked
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by cvibe: 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2009
The guy is simply trying to raise his ticket money back to US as militants have prevented him from getting to Portharcourt.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by prettycy(f): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2009
as for me the guy is up to something
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tpiah: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
Is naija the only place to hawk, make dem deport the guy b4 dem come begin slave trade again

slave trade wey dem don begin since how long now.

Some Nigerians have already started salivating for their own share of the lucrative market. They feel left out.

na today?

anything for money.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by durobraham(f): 4:05am On Aug 19, 2009
nigerians wats wit the over inflated sense of self importance? a white CIA agent spying in Nigeria?and he chooses to sell gala on the streets illegally,why doesnt he just wear a sign saying arresst me m stupid .
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Henry005(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2010
durobraham:

nigerians wats wit the over inflated sense of self importance? a white CIA agent spying in Nigeria?and he chooses to sell gala on the streets illegally,why doesnt he just wear a sign saying arresst me m silly .
I wonder o.Who even started dis espiomage angle sef.I refuse 2 dignify it wit mere paranoia.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by kawazaki(m): 8:31am On Mar 31, 2010
Henry005:

I wonder o.Who even started dis espiomage angle sef.I refuse 2 dignify it wit mere paranoia.

Bro Wakeup.

This is 2010
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Ibomade1: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
So what is the big deal
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tck2000(m): 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
deor03:
Does he have the work permit or the right visa to work in Nigeria?

Why is KAI not arresting this guy; street trading is a crime in Lagos?

Is this guy not using gala sale ; as a cover-up for some other espionage?

It amazes me, what usually get us amused; when people are supposed to be asking deep questions? Many hundreds of years ago, our fore fathers were amazed when they saw the white man had their fingers burnt.

It's rather funny that till date we are still doing the-same things all over again.

I suggest you read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins (2004), and understand that that guy on the street of Ojota is doing a very different job, not gala sale
Apt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Career Politicians Are Creators Of Poverty In Nigeria" - Kingsley Moghalu / Magu: Osinbajo May Be Indicted! (photo) / 2023: Showdown In PDP As State Chapters Battle NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.