Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,536 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones (16851 Views)

Buhari’s Economic Policies Not Working –MAN, NLC, TUC, Others / Buhari’s Economic Reforms Are Bold – Obama / Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by vani86: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2016
proxillin:
What Buhari is doing is the best for Nigeria. Only someone lacking common sense will oppose him. Awon tribal werey

i admit that buhari's intentions are for the good of nigeria, i admit the bans, well not really ban but frustration placed on importers of certain product to enable local production to thrive is good.

this is where my beef with him is though,

you dont wake up 1 morning and start enacting laws and decrees, you dont make financial and economic decisons on a whim, The CBN restricted the availability of dollar in order for the Naira to appreciate against the dollar but so far has it appreciated? No, instead it has been depreciating, for fucccks sake 1 dollar is 250 abi 300 today, this time last year it was 130.

The president should have given a time frame for the total restriction of these products, it will enable those who livelihood depend on it to readjust, re -strategise by either starting production or moving on to other products.

his policy have killed many businesses, increased unemployment, i bet you those who blindly support buhari have not yet been affected by the hardship the country is going through.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by paramakina202: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2016
mediachirps:
prevail? When they're bussy making themselves slaves day by day. The simple truth is Igbos are too stubborn, they want to see happen to them in flesh, before they could believe. Foolish people.
You are right,my people are strong headed and seem not to recognise danger even when it stares at their face.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by vani86: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
Alwaystruth:
The way Nigerians reason baffles me a lot. I have said it before in this forum that the problem
of Nigeria is nothing but wickedness. The simple general laws of nature favors no one particular tribe ,race,color,
region or religion but have equal applications on them all. Nigerians are facing hardship and unprecedented unemployment yet
all policies of government all levels lead to more unemployment to the people.

Now, somebody just demolished that Oshodi market in the name of development and as well witch-hunting a particular
tribe without knowing that those shops demolished provided employment and means of livelihood to thousands of people from different ethnicity. Certainly many families will be affected in this singular action and more people pour into the unemployment market. More criminals will also be created leading to more insecurity of lives and properties .Yet this is a country struggling with security issues. If any bad policy is targeted at the Igbos,well..as someone rightly said, the worst they can do is their 20 pounds civil war mentality.

on the issue of the oshodi market, do you know every state have a master plan, when el rufai was demolishing mansions in abuja, this was the exact same reaction, today, if you go to anuja, it is very organised and detailed, things are where they should be.

there is no revolution without victims, ambode did the right thing, my issue with him is he should have given a notice before the demolition as well as compensation for those shops with the right documentations.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Mosh1: 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Claiming victim`s card as usual,but seriously u guys should stop all these.It has not help and it won`t help you rather with this mindset,you will keep on creating enmity for yourselves.Yoruba hates you,Hausa hates you,Niger-Delta hates you,middle-beltans kill you during biafran....haba!are u guyz that special?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by vani86: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mosh1:
Claiming victim`s card as usual,but seriously u guys should stop all these.It has not help and it won`t help you rather with this mindset,you will keep on creating enmity for yourselves.Yoruba hates you,Hausa hates you,Niger-Delta hates you,middle-beltans kill you during biafran....haba!are u guyz that special?

we love them all though,

its a pity that a group of people who feel they are being marginalised are criticized for speaking out. where is the freedom of speech

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Allosaurus: 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Boooohari moving clearing the Boko Haram-torn north is just another factor exposing his incapability to rule a nation. Kano of all places!
Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by gigabyte13: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Anything wey Buhari dey do, dey always affect lgbo, abeg na only lgbo dey this Nigeria? Nonsense, make them relocate to Cameroon jareee aha..!!! Wetin sef?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by proxillin(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
vani86:

i admit that buhari's intentions are for the good of nigeria, i admit the bans, well not really ban but frustration placed on importers of certain product to enable local production to thrive is good.

this is where my beef with him is though,

you dont wake up 1 morning and start enacting laws and decrees, you dont make financial and economic decisons on a whim, The CBN restricted the availability of dollar in order for the Naira to appreciate against the dollar but so far has it appreciated? No, instead it has been depreciating, for fucccks sake 1 dollar is 250 abi 300 today, this time last year it was 130.

The president should have given a time frame for the total restriction of these products, it will enable those who livelihood depend on it to readjust, re -strategise by either starting production or moving on to other products.

his policy have killed many businesses, increased unemployment, i bet you those who blindly support buhari have not yet been affected by the hardship the country is going through.

Every new policies always kill some businesses. Remember removing oil subsidy will kill some businesses in the long run.

What Buhari is doing which I support is encourage local manufacturing. We need to be producing what we are consuming. No known economy succeed on importing. Indonesia that was poorer than Nigeria few years ago are now a market giant.

Local production will guarantee security in our economy, more employment, strong foreign reserve, and healthy money market.

We are just like poultry. We sit and wait for them to bring goods across the border before we eat.

The only thing we are producing in this country is "human beings"..crowd

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by kabnafs(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
Trash...Igbos alwais complaining! Continue

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by ozoemenafn: 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
It is really unfortunate that this country at this point in time slipped into the hands of Deceivers who masquerade themselves as Agent of Change who has not gotten what it takes to bring about change. Rather they dish out policies that were tested in the seventies which lacks the necessary ingredients to move a country forward. For those who are clamouring for Igbos to go into production of goods
. If you would recall, it is in this same country that Igbos were producing shoes and other products rather than encourage and support them better still set a standard for their products. Nigerians were calling the products Aba made. Funny enough few years down the line same Nigerians who refuse to accept the products are today patronising some Chinese substandard product. What has Igbo not down to improve this entity called Nigeria but rather encourage them. What they get in return is hate and hate. But one thing I know for sure is that the more they hate the more Igbos get stronger and more prosperous.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by osss: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
The fact is everyone no matter your tribe or region is being affected by the economic policy at the moment.
Though Igbos which make up close to 70% of importers in Nigeria will be mostly affected as most will be forced out of business.
The fact is as rightly pointed out by some of the people that commented above, no country survives by importing solely everything. But Nigeria at the moment is not ready for local manufacturer, especially medium and small scale manufacturers.

Reason being unavailability of power, road and other necessary infrastructures. Even Michelin as big as they were folded up because of power.

So for me restricting access to forex in order to discourage importation is wrong step.
Instead government should fix power and as soon as the cost of production is lower in Nigeria and locally made goods of the same standard can compete with imported ones importation will reduce drastically.
Without this Nigeria will continue to import everything.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by kayfra: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
cramjones:
Many people have been saying that Buhari means well with his economic policies including my humble self, however, haven discussed with many people and studying who are affected the most, I am convinced to say that whilst Buhari's economic policies affect all Nigerians, the group it affects the most in a disportionate manner are the Igbos. When you examine most of these policies you would think that Igbos are specifically being targeted on all fronts. Let us examine the facts one after the other.

1. According to Vanguard news today, it was stated that Buhari's government have moved Lagos clearing house for imports to Kano. We all know that almost half of Lagos are occupied by Igbos. Igbo business men around the country have their networks in Lagos, and all they have known for many years is clearing their goods in Lagos. Moving it to Kano only adds to their cost without a concomitant value. Does it affect all business men, including hausas? Yes of course, but we all know that at least 70% of imports in Nigeria are carried out by Igbo business men all over Nigeria. This is NOT a good policy in my opinion it creates bad blood for the average Igbo business man, and make life even tougher for them.

(Link here http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/igbo-traders-bemoan-buharis-economic-policies-harsh-business-environment/)

2. The dollar policy has also disproportionately affected Igbos. Most Igbos have had to close business, because they cannot even find the dollar to pay for their imported goods. Worse still businessess that have millions of USD turn over, are prevented by the banks to collect their money, with the bank claiming they do not have dollar. This essentially grinds businesses and further makes the economy slip into oblivion. Does this policy affect other non-Igbo importers? Ofcourse yes, but given that Igbos are the engine of all of our imports in Nigeria, we can safely say that they are disproportionately affected.

3. Two days ago the APC government of Ambode, who in my opinion has been a confused governor, unable to just keep up with what Fashola has done, ordered that Oshodi market be destroyed. This is one of the largest market places in Nigeria and West Africa. Is it a bad policy to destroy Oshodi market for developmental reasons? Absolutely not, depending on its intent. However, what is bad policy, is when you do not give any notice, no alternatives, and then destroy peoples business that took many years to build, throwing thousands off their employment, and making many more people jobless. This is barbaric to say the least. Which group of people dominate Oshodi market? Igbos ofcourse. By many accounts, Igbos make up 85 - 90% of the traders in Oshodi. Was it a way of telling the Igbos that they are not needed in Lagos? Who inspired Ambode to take such actions?

I won't go further than this, but one thing is clear, PMB would have to thread carefully, or else what he thinks he is trying to make better, would only make the country worse. We do not need another civil war, policies like this only make Nigeria more polarized and ungovernable.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

-CramJones

You are trying to whip up unnecessary ethnic sentiments or your knowledge of macroeconomics and government is weak.

The forex policy which is set by a constitutionally autonomous CBN, led by an Igbo man, is meant to address our short supply of dollars which has dwindled with the crash of oil, the pulling out of forex by investors and pulling out of forex by corrupt PDP government that dollarized the economy and syphoned what they could. Unless the naira is devalued, we can't continue to import frivolous goods from China that can be manufactured at home. Everybody importing such goods are affected and they should block our borders to prevent illegal imports. If we don't fix our manufacturin then we are doomed as a country.
There is something called balance of trade and we don't want to be at deficit and end up wasting our limited dollar reserves defending importation of chicken and toothpick!

Please show me a policy document that says you have to clear your goods in Kano. Just one policy document.

About the market issue, it's simple. They were warned and they made alternative provision for them. If you won't accept it then relocate elsewhere.

Stoking ethnic sentiments is a huge sign of a complex. It's rather unbecoming aND an insult to educated igbo people.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Eruditor: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

You're a subscriber to the mob ideology Fani Kayode keeps alluding to - APC internet bullies with one-track minds coupled with nadir-esque comprehension skills who continually churn your party's stale propagandist hogwash to deceive the gullible masses while the reality of the many failures of Buhari and his cronies stare you in the face like the foggy haze in harmattan.

Keep living the illusion!

As opposed to whose economic policies?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by sunsewa: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
cramjones:

Talking down the points I have raised without raising any counter factual points, just makes you look stupiid. I have been in the APC. I have sat with Buhari a number of times, I am an ardent supporter of Buhari, but when someone is toeing a wrong line, you must call it out. I am not even Igbo, so please don't sound like an idiot.

-CramJones

God bless u my brother for saying the truth and not been biased or carry away by sentiments in rendering judgement,when the chips are down,we all will bear the brunt not only the igbo importers,then ur antagonist will end up eating politics as food.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by angiography(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
cramjones:

Talking down the points I have raised without raising any counter factual points, just makes you look stupiid. I have been in the APC. I have sat with Buhari a number of times, I am an ardent supporter of Buhari, but when someone is toeing a wrong line, you must call it out. I am not even Igbo, so please don't sound like an idiot.

-CramJones
You're really stupid for thinking you have an iota of wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
I must disagree with your argument.

You hide the most salient point you make well inside your treatise. It is this - igbos have high exposure to the government's policies as they are the largest importers. You might also have correctly added that they are also prominent in retail.

This government is attempted the largest social engineering exercise ever undertaken in Nigeria's history; getting Nigerians to reappraise the true meaning of value creation. This means that Nigeria must move away from importation to production. I know that you understand this which is why the points you raise are curious. Nigeria has at best four months import cover in dollar terms. With oil prices plummeting it is entirely reasonably that the demand side is immediately prioritised and addressed (with the addition of palliative efforts for the most vulnerable) while medium and long term supply side efforts are encouraged.

You talk about the destruction of the Oshodi market in standalone terms without mentioning the evolution of such measures in Lagos since 1999. If you had done so, then it would not appear as sectional as you make it sound. We've had block makers protest the beautification of underpasses, okada protest their ban from highways, we've had houses demolished on the Lagos badagry expressway. All this because Lagos is taking in 600,000 people per annum. If Lagos is to continue to carry the dreams and aspirations of its inhabitants it must reinvent itself. This will come at a cost. Lagos cannot build future prosperity on spontaneous shanty town development.

The igbo are particularly well positioned for the new Nigeria. There are hectares of oil palm lying fallow in the SE as sons of farmers head to the city to trade. Oil palm prices are historically more robust than crude oil; Nigeria cannot even meet internal demand. Aba and other city only need a few production based incubators to help the garment and footwear industries build valid business models for the export market. Nigeria is being reinvented and we will all hurt for a while. Services such as banking are set for a historic bath. Nigerians need to familiarise themselves with the MTEF and the 2016 budget in order to align themselves with the new realities. Raising the spectre of tribal discrimination does not serve the interest of the Nigerian people, even if it makes good arm chair reading. With respect.
cramjones:
Many people have been saying that Buhari means well with his economic policies including my humble self, however, haven discussed with many people and studying who are affected the most, I am convinced to say that whilst Buhari's economic policies affect all Nigerians, the group it affects the most in a disportionate manner are the Igbos. When you examine most of these policies you would think that Igbos are specifically being targeted on all fronts. Let us examine the facts one after the other.

1. According to Vanguard news today, it was stated that Buhari's government have moved Lagos clearing house for imports to Kano. We all know that almost half of Lagos are occupied by Igbos. Igbo business men around the country have their networks in Lagos, and all they have known for many years is clearing their goods in Lagos. Moving it to Kano only adds to their cost without a concomitant value. Does it affect all business men, including hausas? Yes of course, but we all know that at least 70% of imports in Nigeria are carried out by Igbo business men all over Nigeria. This is NOT a good policy in my opinion it creates bad blood for the average Igbo business man, and make life even tougher for them.

(Link here http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/igbo-traders-bemoan-buharis-economic-policies-harsh-business-environment/)

2. The dollar policy has also disproportionately affected Igbos. Most Igbos have had to close business, because they cannot even find the dollar to pay for their imported goods. Worse still businessess that have millions of USD turn over, are prevented by the banks to collect their money, with the bank claiming they do not have dollar. This essentially grinds businesses and further makes the economy slip into oblivion. Does this policy affect other non-Igbo importers? Ofcourse yes, but given that Igbos are the engine of all of our imports in Nigeria, we can safely say that they are disproportionately affected.

3. Two days ago the APC government of Ambode, who in my opinion has been a confused governor, unable to just keep up with what Fashola has done, ordered that Oshodi market be destroyed. This is one of the largest market places in Nigeria and West Africa. Is it a bad policy to destroy Oshodi market for developmental reasons? Absolutely not, depending on its intent. However, what is bad policy, is when you do not give any notice, no alternatives, and then destroy peoples business that took many years to build, throwing thousands off their employment, and making many more people jobless. This is barbaric to say the least. Which group of people dominate Oshodi market? Igbos ofcourse. By many accounts, Igbos make up 85 - 90% of the traders in Oshodi. Was it a way of telling the Igbos that they are not needed in Lagos? Who inspired Ambode to take such actions?

I won't go further than this, but one thing is clear, PMB would have to thread carefully, or else what he thinks he is trying to make better, would only make the country worse. We do not need another civil war, policies like this only make Nigeria more polarized and ungovernable.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

-CramJones

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by todayboy: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
mr intelligent keep deceiving yourself why president is becoming a dictator

Ephemmm:

Intelligent discussion like this is not only meant for people with deeper mental horizons, but also people who are not deficient upstairs: not for someone who has not recovered from the defeat experienced in the last election.

Please stay off my mention.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by rusher14: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
sinistermind:
Y'all Nigerian are hypocrites... The same people that are here defending the government on encouraging local manufacturing are still the same people that'll see a locally made product n tag it "Aba Made" and boycott such product.

If the imported version becomes unavailable or unattainable wouldn't the snob take a second look?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Montaque(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bigprozzie:
Ill informed, mostly asinine sub analysis by an attention seeker

@ Topic

No decent Nigerian cares if any set of people are disproportionately affected.

1. The customs must be sanitized, Nigeria loses billions of dollars because of the corruption in the body. Importation of goods should not be the mainstay of the economy. Those brilliant igbos should start manufacturing the products they are currently importing

What of the raw materials needed for our local industries?
plans to reduce importation has always been waived with regards to importation of raw materials. That's why we have various import duties on goods depending on their availability and industrial needs. It ought not to be a blanket prohibitory policy.
Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by angiography(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bigprozzie:

Take your bare faced lies and shove it where the sun dont shine.

Do you think you are conversing with the illiterates that have fallen for your self absorbed and low self esteem induced threads.

You are inconsequential, an attention seeker and 90% of the time, you make no sense.

@ Topic

No decent Nigerian cares if any set of people are disproportionately affected.

1. The customs must be sanitized, Nigeria loses billions of dollars because of the corruption in the body. Importation of goods should not be the mainstay of the economy. Those brilliant igbos should start manufacturing the products they are currently importing

2. Ambode ordered the destruction of the shop at Oshodi and that is the right decision. The market is an eyesore and is used by hoodlums and criminals to victimise Lagosians. Besides, the LASG gave the traders enough notice to vacate the market.

The OP is just playing the devils advocate and he impresses no one.
Thank you Bro

I never knew that cramjones is that stupiid to put on the most ethnic biased write-up I've seen this year.

Funny boy claimed he sat with Buhari in drawing up policies...perhaps he thinks we all are sets of ignorant dudes.

Smh at the moderator that push this to the front page

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by angiography(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
PedroJP:

My friend u put things in place first to make things easy 4 ur subjects b4 u make such policies and not to act like an almighty in order to punish ur perceived enemy u can never get at.

At least u start ur no importation from oil sector which will help locals both in availability of petroleum products, favourable cost and energy boost. Then u can talk about restricting importation of on other sectors. No need to tell u more as u are not d dullllard and can't say his intentions though he has non other than wickedness.

So how was this aimed at the bringing the igbos down.??

You guys should get a life

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Mosh1: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
vani86:

we love them all though,

its a pity that a group of people who feel they are being marginalised are criticized for speaking out. where is the freedom of speech
That is the lie we are talking about,the unfortunate thing is that if you don`t expose/attack lie it will soon turn to true.How are Igbos been marginalised in Nigeria? bring your points and i will counter them with mine.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by ibietela2(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
cramjones:

Talking down the points I have raised without raising any counter factual points, just makes you look stupiid. I have been in the APC[b]. I have sat with Buhari a number of times[/b], I am an ardent supporter of Buhari, but when someone is toeing a wrong line, you must call it out. I am not even Igbo, so please don't sound like an idiot.

-CramJones

Oh please

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Ephemmm: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
todayboy:
mr intelligent keep deceiving yourself why president is becoming a dictator

If he is truly a dictator, putting someone like you into jail with no reason will justify your assertion. tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by ibietela2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bigprozzie:

Take your bare faced lies and shove it where the sun dont shine.

Do you think you are conversing with the illiterates that have fallen for your self absorbed and low self esteem induced threads.

Lol but beremx berem MzJackBaueress JackBaueress JackBaueress1 Obiagelli Fell for it
Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Montaque(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
greenpasture:
I must disagree with your argument.

You hide the most salient point you make well inside your treatise. It is this - igbos have high exposure to the government's policies as they are the largest importers. You might also have correctly added that they are also prominent in retail.

This government is attempted the largest social engineering exercise ever undertaken in Nigeria's history; getting Nigerians to reappraise the true meaning of value creation. This means that Nigeria must move away from importation to production. I know that you understand this which is why the points you raise are curious. Nigeria has at best four months import cover in dollar terms. With oil prices plummeting it is entirely reasonably that the demand side is immediately prioritised and addressed (with the addition of palliative efforts for the most vulnerable) while medium and long term supply side efforts are encouraged.

You talk about the destruction of the Oshodi market in standalone terms without mentioning the evolution of such measures in Lagos since 1999. If you had done so, then it would not appear as sectional as you make it sound. We've had block makers protest the beautification of underpasses, okada protest their ban from highways, we've had houses demolished on the Lagos badagry expressway. All this because Lagos is taking in 600,000 people per annum. If Lagos is to continue to carry the dreams and aspirations of its inhabitants it must reinvent itself. This will come at a cost. Lagos cannot build future prosperity on spontaneous shanty town development.

The igbo are particularly well positioned for the new Nigeria. There are hectares of oil palm lying fallow in the SE as sons of farmers head to the city to trade. Oil palm prices are historically more robust than crude oil; Nigeria cannot even meet internal demand. Aba and other city only need a few production based incubators to help the garment and footwear industries build valid business models for the export market. Nigeria is being reinvented and we will all hurt for a while. Services such as banking are set for a historic bath. Nigerians need to familiarise themselves with the MTEF and the 2016 budget in order to align themselves with the new realities. Raising the spectre of tribal discrimination does not serve the interest of the Nigerian people, even if it makes good arm chair reading. With respect.

The garment n footwear industries in aba needs imported machines and garments types not made or found in Nigeria. Wouldn't you have advised Govt to take that into consideration, instead of a ur total affirmation?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by LMFashions: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
cramjones:
cc: Tonyebarcanista ishi.love obino.scopy

Silly Tonye I thought you were mentioned on this thread. You didn't show your hate filled face because Cramjones pointed out how Buhari's policies affects the Igbos most. If you were called to come taunt the Igbos you would have been all over the thread masturbating on it.

Deceiver of the brethren. Make sure you continue to hide your face in shame on anything Igbos just as you did in this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by munky(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bigprozzie:

It is just common sense economics. No country survives by importing 75% of goods consumed.

How can we continue to talk about diversification. Now is the time to put it into action. The Igbo importers should start production of the toothpicks, toys, pants, singlets, plastics, pencils etc that they import from China

How can a country like Nigeria be a net importer of Rice and making Thai farmers rich just because importation of rice is a faster option and a quick way to make a buck?

Sometimes Nigerians like you are too blinded by ethnic and tribal hatred to see. Start manufacturing with which electricity?? Which power? Where is the money to buy needed machines when they can't even access their dollars?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
Montaque:

The garment n footwear industries in aba needs imported machines and garments types not made or found in Nigeria. Wouldn't you have advised Govt to take that into consideration, instead of a ur total affirmation?

There are easily accessible and sensible CBN micro SME 9% loans available for such purposes. Production machinery is also a preferred industry for FX purposes . Someone is going to do very well advising small businesses that need financing and export capabilities. People need to be informed not scared.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by LMFashions: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
superior1:

In your dreams....bah?, abeg sharrap and stop seeking attention with your silly write-ups

Close that your gutter of a mouth jare... His write-ups are now silly because he called Buhari out on his evil policy. Yeye.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones by LMFashions: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
ChristStriker:

What has this government done to encourage Igbos to manufacture? See Aba that can become the centre of industrialisation in Nigeria has been abandoned by FG.

Pls ask him again ooo. They keep ranting the FG wants to encourage local production. What is govt doing to make it work?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kagara Abduction: 52-Year-Old Kagara School In Sorry State / PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans / Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.