Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,779 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY (95185 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 3:47pm On May 19
Thank you, appreciated.
eineFrau:
I’m good thank you. Hope you are too. I made photocopies of only the documents with originals like birth certificate, passport, etc.
the embassy in Lagos accepts POS and they weren’t extra friendly. They were just okay if you have all your documents and they are arranged in the right order.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Hanihani: 9:32pm On May 19
Good evening … please, is this what their appointment link looks like ?

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 6:36pm On May 20
Amen.
Thank you.

eineFrau:
3rd of June is still a bit far away by the embassy’s standards. So I’ll suggest you wait a bit longer. Don’t worry too much, it’ll most likely end in good news.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 6:37pm On May 20
Yes, that is it.
Just keep checking at early mornings and nighttime. You’ll surely get a date.

Hanihani:

2 Likes

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Hanihani: 12:24am On May 21
Good eve, please how did it go with you ?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Hanihani: 12:35am On May 21
jaeima:
Yes, that is it.
Just keep checking at early mornings and nighttime. You’ll surely get a date.

thank you kindly , I finally got a date …

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 6:20am On May 21
You’re welcome

Hanihani:
thank you kindly , I finally got a date …
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ifeoluwa1794(f): 10:53am On May 22
jaeima:
Hello everyone
Just found out this page existed.

My brother invited my parents to see their grandchild and they went for the interview on the 29th of April but up till now we haven’t heard from the embassy. On the website they said it’s 14 day to process the visa but it’s currently longer than 14 days.
Note: All documents were provided for even ties to the country
Their time of departure is drawing closer

Should I be worried?

Hello have you heard anything from the German embassy yet? I know someone that also did her interview on the 3rd of May and hasn’t heard anything from them.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 2:01pm On May 22
Hi
I haven’t heard anything from them yet. When I do I’ll let you know. If you do too please reach out.
Thank you.

Ifeoluwa1794:

Hello have you heard anything from the German embassy yet? I know someone that also did her interview on the 3rd of May and hasn’t heard anything from them.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 7:21pm On May 23
Hi there!
My brother received a mail from the embassy today to confirm their accommodation.
So we should get a feedback early next week.

Ifeoluwa1794:

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ifeoluwa1794(f): 9:04pm On May 23
Hello,
Ok thank you for the update. Hopefully we get a response soon too 🤞

jaeima:
Hi there!
My brother received a mail from the embassy today to confirm their accommodation.
So we should get a feedback early next week.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Hanihani: 11:06pm On May 23
Good evening guys , pls I am having little challenges with the filling of the form . I tried filling it but when I save and click continue it will say error that some things were wrong . I renewed my passport in Benin republic and there’s a place they asked state issued, issued by and issued in … I wrote state Nigeria , issued by Nigerian embassy in Benin and issued in Benin . Seems I am wrong . Secondly where there’s a space if ever done biometrics in the past and date . I tried putting the date and it’s not accepting rather showing that red line . Somebody pls, help me out. Lest, I forget the further explanation on purpose of stay am I to fill in all the activités I did like to do ?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 7:55pm On May 28
It ended in good news ooo
My parents got their visas today
First time applying and it’s valid for 3 months
Thank you so much

eineFrau:
3rd of June is still a bit far away by the embassy’s standards. So I’ll suggest you wait a bit longer. Don’t worry too much, it’ll most likely end in good news.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 10:59pm On May 28
Congratulations.
The important thing is the duration of stay.. check that properly…. It’s importanter.
jaeima:
It ended in good news ooo
My parents got their visas today
First time applying and it’s valid for 3 months
Thank you so much

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by cooooooks(m): 5:18am On May 29
https://www.euronews.com/travel/2024/05/28/germany-is-making-it-easier-for-foreign-workers-to-move-to-the-country-this-summer

Opportunity Card program starts 1 June 2024.

A points system that gives points for C1 English or/and B1 or B2 German, under 40, field of study, etc
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 6:52am On May 29
Requirements is similar to study visa.
You need blocked account , stop giving people false hope.
How many people searching for jobs have €11,000 to keep in a bank just to get a visa to search for a job that’s not promised?
cooooooks:
https://www.euronews.com/travel/2024/05/28/germany-is-making-it-easier-for-foreign-workers-to-move-to-the-country-this-summer

Opportunity Card program starts 1 June 2024.

A points system that gives points for C1 English or/and B1 or B2 German, under 40, field of study, etc

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 12:13pm On May 29
Thank you.
Yeah, they attached an accompanying note explaining the duration of stay.
It’s 90 days for both of them.

Zoey1:
Congratulations.
The important thing is the duration of stay.. check that properly…. It’s importanter.

2 Likes

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 12:17pm On May 29
Wow!
Thats cool.
Let them go enjoy Germany.
jaeima:
Thank you.
Yeah, they attached an accompanying note explaining the duration of stay.
It’s 90 days for both of them.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 5:06am On Jun 06
. [/quote]
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 6:45am On Jun 06
Jamolili:

I submitted personal Tax clearance.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 7:46am On Jun 06
jaeima:
From Nigeria to Germany
Interview done at Lagos embassy on the 29th
Visit visa

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Cashmadam: 6:32pm On Jun 07
Ifeoluwa1794:

I was at the German Embassy recently and was informed that they have a lot of backlog and the timeline might exceed the 15 days promised.

I will share my experience at the Embassy and hope the information below will be useful to someone out there:

1. Get there early - at least 30 minutes before your appointment.
2. Bags are not allowed.
3. You can take in your phone and/or car keys. They will be kept in a safe locker and the key will be given to you.
4. If you are driving, park in the big carpark near the American Embassy. It is safe and just about 5 minutes walk to the German Embassy. Gate fee is N1,000
5. Avoid touts in and around the carpark. They will extort you and maybe even confuse you. They cannot help you in anyway.
6. Ensure you go through the checklist provided by the Embassy and follow it to the letter
7. Arrange your documents! One set originals + one set photocopies. When it is your turn, handover all your documents at once. They get irritated if you are sluggish or your documents are not handed over quickly
8. Ensure your passport picture meets the Embassy's specification. If it doesn't, you will be asked to go take another one. They are quite expensive around the Embassy but photographers are readily available
9. The man at the entrance who will check your appointment letter is very bossy and rude. Ignore him. Just keep quiet if you are provoked. He is power drunk. Don't allow him get to you.
10. The security guys inside will solicit for money when you are on your way out. I noticed they openly accepted money from applicants - something that can never happen in the American Embassy. I found that very unprofessional. It is your perogative to give or not to give. I did not give as the guy at the entrance already annoyed me and I waited 4 hours. I was not in the mood to dash anybody any money.
11. Take toilet paper with you - if possible, avoid using the visitor's toilet. It smelt badly and was very dirty. Quite disappointing..
12. If you can, don't plan other things for the same day as your appointment. I spent 4 hours in the Embassy! If I had planned to do other things, my plans would have been in a mess.
13. Apply early! They promise 15 days but it might take longer
14. If possible, eat before you leave home. The process is long and draining...
15. You can pay with cash or ATM Card. If you have two cards or more, take all of them. If one card does not work you can try others. The visa is N116,000. I believe you will pay extra N500 if you pay cash (maybe as handling charge, I'm not sure). If you can, take cash to avoid stories... My card worked very well as expected (guess the bank smiley ). However, I saw other bank cards fail. I won't mention the banks.....
16. Wear comfortable cloths and shoes. Dress neatly and look well groomed. Smell nice
17. Speak confidently and answer only the question you are asked. Do not over explain any point. Ensure your answers are short, sharp and simple.
18. If possible, have a list of all the original documents you submit. I didn't expect them to take the originals of my documents (I thought originals will be sighted and returned). When you have a list, you can check to ensure all your documents are returned. My birth certificate and NIN slips were returned. I was told they are not required. Take yours oh! Just in case.
19. If you need your passport before your visa is issued, you can request for it. I don't know the process but was told it is very possible and will not affect the eventual issuance of the visa.
20. Pray. But be prepared. Prayer without works is......?
21. Do not submit fake documents! A word is enough for the wise.

If you have any question, do ask. I will respond.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 9:17am On Jun 08
Have you gotten feedback from them?
Cashmadam:

I was at the German Embassy recently and was informed that they have a lot of backlog and the timeline might exceed the 15 days promised.

I will share my experience at the Embassy and hope the information below will be useful to someone out there:

2. Bags are not allowed.
3. You can take in your phone and/or car keys. They will be kept in a safe locker and the key will be given to you.
4. If you are driving, park in the big carpark near the American Embassy. It is safe and just about 5 minutes walk to the German Embassy. Gate fee is N1,000
5. Avoid touts in and around the carpark. They will extort you and maybe even confuse you. They cannot help you in anyway.
6. Ensure you go through the checklist provided by the Embassy and follow it to the letter
7. Arrange your documents! One set originals + one set photocopies. When it is your turn, handover all your documents at once. They get irritated if you are sluggish or your documents are not handed over quickly
8. Ensure your passport picture meets the Embassy's specification. If it doesn't, you will be asked to go take another one. They are quite expensive around the Embassy but photographers are readily available
9. The man at the entrance who will check your appointment letter is very bossy and rude. Ignore him. Just keep quiet if you are provoked. He is power drunk. Don't allow him get to you.
10. The security guys inside will solicit for money when you are on your way out. I noticed they openly accepted money from applicants - something that can never happen in the American Embassy. I found that very unprofessional. It is your perogative to give or not to give. I did not give as the guy at the entrance already annoyed me and I waited 4 hours. I was not in the mood to dash anybody any money.
11. Take toilet paper with you - if possible, avoid using the visitor's toilet. It smelt badly and was very dirty. Quite disappointing..
12. If you can, don't plan other things for the same day as your appointment. I spent 4 hours in the Embassy! If I had planned to do other things, my plans would have been in a mess.
15. You can pay with cash or ATM Card. If you have two cards or more, take all of them. If one card does not work you can try others. The visa is N116,500. If you can, take cash to avoid stories... My card worked very well as expected (guess the bank smiley ). However, I saw other bank cards fail. I won't mention the banks.....
16. Wear comfortable cloths and shoes. Dress neatly and look well groomed. Smell nice
17. Speak confidently and answer only the question you are asked. Do not over explain any point. Ensure your answers are short, sharp and simple.
18. If possible, have a list of all the original documents you submit. I didn't expect them to take the originals of my documents (I thought originals will be sighted and returned). When you have a list, you can check to ensure all your documents are returned. My birth certificate and NIN slips were returned. I was told they are not required. Take yours oh! Just in case.
19. If you need your passport before your visa is issued, you can request for it. I don't know the process but was told it is very possible and will not affect the eventual issuance of the visa.

Good luck!

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Cashmadam: 9:30am On Jun 08
Zoey1:
Have you gotten feedback from them?

Yes.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 9:36am On Jun 08
Congratulations.
Did it take the whole of that 15days?
Permit to ask what duration you got?
Was if for your schedued trip only or they exceeded it?
Thanks
Cashmadam:

Yes.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Cashmadam: 5:24pm On Jun 08
Zoey1:
Congratulations.
Did it take the whole of that 15days?
Permit to ask what duration you got?
Was if for your schedued trip only or they exceeded it?
Thanks

Thank you.

I got it in about 9 days (including weekend). However, I was told there is a backlog - which obviously didn't affect me. I think the lady was just trying to prepare my mind in case it exceeded the 15 days.

The visa covers the duration of my event with some extra days added - it's a business trip.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 5:25pm On Jun 08
Thanks so much for your response.

Cashmadam:

Thank you.

I got it in about 9 days (including weekend). However, I was told there is a backlog - which obviously didn't affect me. I think the lady was just trying to prepare my mind in case it exceeded the 15 days.

The visa covers the duration of my event with some extra days added - it's a business trip.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by mandrel: 9:20pm On Jun 09
Hanihani:

Hi guys good evening, I have been struggling to book an appoint meant still no hope, I found an appointment at the Spain consulate it it possible to go Germany through Spain I am a first time traveler and I have no idea what documents are required.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Cashmadam: 10:02pm On Jun 09
mandrel:

Hi guys good evening, I have been struggling to book an appoint meant still no hope, I found an appointment at the Spain consulate it it possible to go Germany through Spain I am a first time traveler and I have no idea what documents are required.

Yes. However, you must enter Spain if you get your visa from their Embassy.

Fill the normal Schengen visa form. A quick search via google.. You will also find the checklist for documents you require. Everything you need can be found online.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by mandrel: 9:59am On Jun 11
I have a quick question regarding the health insurance is it compulsory and is that price required cause I finally got an appointment at the German consulate and in the check list I saw a requirement of 30,000 euro health insurance

Cashmadam:

2. Bags are not allowed.
15. You can pay with cash or ATM Card. If you have two cards or more, take all of them. If one card does not work you can try others. The visa is N116,000. I believe you will pay extra N500 if you pay cash (maybe as handling charge, I'm not sure). If you can, take cash to avoid stories... My card worked very well as expected (guess the bank smiley ). However, I saw other bank cards fail. I won't mention the banks.....

Good luck!

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by mandrel: 10:10am On Jun 11
thank you so much, I have a quick question regarding the health insurance is it compulsory and is that price required cause I finally got an appointment at the German consulate and in the check list I saw a requirement of 30,000 euro health insurance

Cashmadam:

Yes. However, you must enter Spain if you get your visa from their Embassy.

Fill the normal Schengen visa form. A quick search via google.. You will also find the checklist for documents you require. Everything you need can be found online.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 10:17am On Jun 11
€30,000 doesn’t mean you are paying €30,000.
It could be as low as N20,000 depending on your duration of stay.
Check insurance companies in Nigeria online.
Specify your duration and you can get a quote.
mandrel:
thank you so much, I have a quick question regarding the health insurance is it compulsory and is that price required cause I finally got an appointment at the German consulate and in the check list I saw a requirement of 30,000 euro health insurance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Bear Ate Billionaire Couple And Pilot After Their Helicopter Crashed In Russia(P / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.