Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,268 members, 7,853,324 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY (94394 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 11:27pm On May 16
You don’t need an actual ticket for application.
Book on hold and submit.
osento:
Hello everyone

I am applying for a visiting visa for my mum .
I intend to buy a to and fro flight ticket for duration of 2months. I don’t know if it’s risky

Kindly advise
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by eineFrau: 11:27pm On May 16
I checked between 11pm and midnight then I got an appointment. The page kept crashing so you’ll need to be persistent. The appointments are also usually around one to two weeks in advance so I’ll recommend you already have all your documents before you try to get an appointment.
Zoey1:
How frequently were you checking for appointment when you first got… been checking for a while and nothing.
Any particular time?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 11:41pm On May 16
Zoey1:
You don’t need an actual ticket for application.
Book on hold and submit.

But buying ticket now against the time is even cheaper for me.
It will be like 2months before she leaves . My concern is the duration for me buying it. If all document are ready and you show the flight ticket, chances of denial is low
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 11:45pm On May 16
eineFrau:
I checked between 11pm and midnight then I got an appointment. The page kept crashing so you’ll need to be persistent. The appointments are also usually around one to two weeks in advance so I’ll recommend you already have all your documents before you try to get an appointment.

Please sir/ma can you reply my email
So I chat you, I have few questions .
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 11:49pm On May 16
Hello everyone
Can anyone please share a link for the checklist of requirements of documents to present for the visit visa application.

Thanks in anticipation 🙏
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 11:53pm On May 16
Thank you so much.
Saw several dates like 2weeks ago but wasn’t ready then.
Will keep checking.
eineFrau:
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 11:59pm On May 16
Zoey1:
Thank you so much.
Saw several dates like 2weeks ago but wasn’t ready then.
Will keep checking.

Zoey1, I just booked a date fr June 7th
I did it this night 11:05 Nigeria time l

Check same time
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 12:03am On May 17
I’m right there seeing it but I don’t want a Friday.
When I got to the page, it just occurred to me to click the next month and I saw the available date…
Thanks
osento:

Zoey1, I just booked a date fr June 7th
I did it this night 11:05 Nigeria time l

Check same time
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 12:07am On May 17
Zoey1:
I’m right there seeing it but I don’t want a Friday.
Thanks

You should be happy you get a Friday, psychologically the visa officers are happy that it’s weekend and the mood for Friday could influence decisions lol

Everyone always has this good feeling of Friday. It’s everywhere like this. I think is a nice day for a visa application. Trust me
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 12:13am On May 17
The decision isn’t made by the officer that attends to you.
osento:

You should be happy you get a Friday, psychologically the visa officers are happy that it’s weekend and the mood for Friday could influence decisions lol

Everyone always has this good feeling of Friday. It’s everywhere like this. I think is a nice day for a visa application. Trust me
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 12:18am On May 17
Zoey1:
The decision isn’t made by the officer that attends to you.

I know this. But they give the feedback to who ever take the decision. It’s us what is written by them and how they access you that give a final decision to who ever gives the final approval.

I have been In Germany as a professional for 5yrs and i could tell you for free what it feels.. just my little cent, I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 12:23am On May 17
Thanks I appreciate.
So what do you think convinces an officer to grant longer durations?
osento:

I know this. But they give the feedback to who ever take the decision. It’s us what is written by them and how they access you that give a final decision to who ever gives the final approval.

I have been In Germany as a professional for 5yrs and i could tell you for free what it feels.. just my little cent, I wish you all the best
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 12:27am On May 17
Zoey1:
Thanks I appreciate.
So what do you think convinces an officer to grant longer durations?

Firstly when you are a going for the first time or you have never travelled before, just go for a short time , let’s say 2weeks to 1month , guve an impression that you will come back. Then you can replan for anothe Erin’s and this will give the impression to give a longer stay. but this depends also.. but I think you need to build this profile in this order and you will earn a longer stay in due time
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 12:28am On May 17
This isn’t my first from German Embassy , but I want a longer duration.
osento:

Firstly when you are a going for the first time or you have never travelled before, just go for a short time , let’s say 2weeks to 1month , guve an impression that you will come back. Then you can replan for anothe Erin’s and this will give the impression to give a longer stay. but this depends also.. but I think you need to build this profile in this order and you will earn a longer stay in due time
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by osento(m): 12:34am On May 17
Zoey1:
This isn’t my first from German Embassy , but I want a longer duration.

That means you have been visiting.
The what else? You keep visiting then.

What is the extent of a longer stay?
If you can’t to base here, the visiting is not the route.

definitely if you are giving 6months and you exhaust that whole 6months, logically I don’t think it will be a good sign when you apply again, like what are you doing for that long….

My thought thou
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 12:37am On May 17
The essence of a longer duration is for you to be able to use it multiple times within the duration and not stay a long period at a stretch.
Thank you for your feedbacks.
Appreciated.
osento:

That means you have been visiting.
The what else? You keep visiting then.

What is the extent of a longer stay?
If you can’t to base here, the visiting is not the route.

definitely if you are giving 6months and you exhaust that whole 6months, logically I don’t think it will be a good sign when you apply again, like what are you doing for that long….

My thought thou
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 8:35am On May 17
Hello everyone
Just found out this page existed.

My brother invited my parents to see their grandchild and they went for the interview on the 29th of April but up till now we haven’t heard from the embassy. On the website they said it’s 14 day to process the visa but it’s currently longer than 14 days.
Note: All documents were provided for even ties to the country
Their time of departure is drawing closer

Should I be worried?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 8:46am On May 17
Applied to where ?
From where?
What category?
jaeima:
Hello everyone

My brother invited my parents to see their grandchild and they went for the interview on the 29th of April but up till now we haven’t heard from the embassy. On the website they said it’s 14 day to process the visa but it’s currently longer than 14 days.

Should I be worried?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by eineFrau: 3:21pm On May 17
Sometimes if the departure date is too far in the future, they may hold the documents and release it a few days closer to the departure date. If it’s getting too close then you can send them an email.

jaeima:
Hello everyone

Should I be worried?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Olafmii20: 4:36pm On May 17
Hello Housemate, please I need you guys help I’m using an agent based in Cotonou currently to process a work visa to Germany 🇩🇪 someone I knew for a very long time introduced me to him but they are both based in Cotonou for the trust I have for the person so I went ahead working with him the guy said we need to see each other which I agreed to so we met the first day to get to know each other well we chat and take beer so we start talking about the the process he gave me options he said there is Europe possibility Germany, Spain, France and Italy and i respond fine but the man said Germany will be the destination out of the options I sha agree so he said before we start I will need to stamp my passport at seme boarder to give my passport power which I did and he also requested for a deposit to start the work cause we agreed on 3 million to sort everything which I also agreed to so that same day I have to deposit 400k to proceed with the work he said I will need to drop my passport till they finish everything I also agree to that too so the next day I left he sent me a message that it will take one week or two to finish with the documents they will use for me plus the invitation and I replied to his text that it’s fine so to cut the long story short he sent me the documents today the invitation, insurance, and cv but for me to confirm if the documents are genuine on the invitation which is know as verpflichtungserklärungen in German language I type exactly this verpflichtungserklärungen on google and I found a template carrying same number at the top of the invitation he sent to me ever since then I’m getting worried about everything please I need advice I will post the pictures of the invitation

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Olafmii20: 4:47pm On May 17
Olafmii20:
Hello Housemate, please I need you guys help I’m using an agent based in Cotonou currently to process a work visa to Germany 🇩🇪 someone I knew for a very long time introduced me to him but they are both based in Cotonou for the trust I have for the person so I went ahead working with him the guy said we need to see each other which I agreed to so we met the first day to get to know each other well we chat and take beer so we start talking about the the process he gave me options he said there is Europe possibility Germany, Spain, France and Italy and i respond fine but the man said Germany will be the destination out of the options I sha agree so he said before we start I will need to stamp my passport at seme boarder to give my passport power which I did and he also requested for a deposit to start the work cause we agreed on 3 million to sort everything which I also agreed to so that same day I have to deposit 400k to proceed with the work he said I will need to drop my passport till they finish everything I also agree to that too so the next day I left he sent me a message that it will take one week or two to finish with the documents they will use for me plus the invitation he also I will need but ticket so they can use everything to process the work and I replied to his text that it’s fine so to cut the long story short he sent me the documents after two weeks he sent the invitation, insurance, and cv but for me to confirm if the documents are genuine on the invitation which is know as verpflichtungserklärungen in German language I type exactly this verpflichtungserklärungen on google and I found a template carrying same number at the top of the invitation he sent to me ever since then I’m getting worried about everything please I need advice I will post the pictures of the invitation
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 4:55pm On May 17
Meaning dem don job you.
Olafmii20:
Hello Housemate, please I need you guys help I’m using an agent based in Cotonou currently to process a work visa to Germany 🇩🇪 someone I knew for a very long time introduced me to him but they are both based in Cotonou for the trust I have for the person so I went ahead working with him the guy said we need to see each other which I agreed to so we met the first day to get to know each other well we chat and take beer so we start talking about the the process he gave me options he said there is Europe possibility Germany, Spain, France and Italy and i respond fine but the man said Germany will be the destination out of the options I sha agree so he said before we start I will need to stamp my passport at seme boarder to give my passport power which I did and he also requested for a deposit to start the work cause we agreed on 3 million to sort everything which I also agreed to so that same day I have to deposit 400k to proceed with the work he said I will need to drop my passport till they finish everything I also agree to that too so the next day I left he sent me a message that it will take one week or two to finish with the documents they will use for me plus the invitation and I replied to his text that it’s fine so to cut the long story short he sent me the documents today the invitation, insurance, and cv but for me to confirm if the documents are genuine on the invitation which is know as verpflichtungserklärungen in German language I type exactly this verpflichtungserklärungen on google and I found a template carrying same number at the top of the invitation he sent to me ever since then I’m getting worried about everything please I need advice I will post the pictures of the invitation
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Olafmii20: 4:58pm On May 17
Zoey1:
Meaning dem don job you.
omo! E get as e be
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 5:18pm On May 17
From Nigeria to Germany
Interview done at Lagos embassy on the 29th
Visit visa

Zoey1:
Applied to where ?
From where?
What category?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 5:19pm On May 17
The departure date is 3rd of June
Please which email address do I send this mail to? I have read this thread from beginning and didn’t see an email address to send queries to.

Or do you think I should hold on till mid next week?

eineFrau:
Sometimes if the departure date is too far in the future, they may hold the documents and release it a few days closer to the departure date. If it’s getting too close then you can send them an email.

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 5:27pm On May 17
There is no contact that I know of German Embassy Lagos.
Except you find time to go there.
This could take up to 15working days and it’s my up to that yet. So why the worry?
jaeima:
From Nigeria to Germany
Interview done at Lagos embassy on the 29th
Visit visa

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Zoey1: 9:27am On May 18
How are you today?
Please what were the documents you made photocopies of?
Did you pay the fee by POS or Cash?
As the website has conflicting info on that.
What is the quality of their service at the Lagos consulate like? Friendly?
Thank you.

eineFrau:
Does anyone have any information about the servers being down? The embassy sent everyone away yesterday and today because they claim the server in Berlin is down and they can’t process visas.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Hanihani: 9:57am On May 19
Rfactor:

Write me, i coul try for you. Let me know if you still haven't gotten
please , I am interested in getting tourist visa but I do not have invitation . I just want to visit for a week. France turned me down last week ;reason that they have reasonable doubts that I might not return when the visa expires. I tried to appelle but don’t know how but decided to try Germany . I have been to Maldives , UAE, Mauritius , Kenya , Ivory Coast, Lomé , Benin etc and max I stayed was 2wks. I wonder why they feel I want to elope . Sincerely I just want to vacate for a week and I have leave for 3rds . Please , can you aid me out with the German tourist visa link and how to go about it. Greetings and do have a fulfilled day .
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Hanihani: 10:13am On May 19
Hello! I felicitate with you . Please, did anyone send you invitation ? I need aid and hope this will be my testimony too ! Good morning
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaeima: 1:49pm On May 19
I saw 14 days on the website that’s why.
Thank you.

Zoey1:
There is no contact that I know of German Embassy Lagos.
Except you find time to go there.
This could take up to 15working days and it’s my up to that yet. So why the worry?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by eineFrau: 2:53pm On May 19
I’m good thank you. Hope you are too. I made photocopies of only the documents with originals like birth certificate, passport, etc.
the embassy in Lagos accepts POS and they weren’t extra friendly. They were just okay if you have all your documents and they are arranged in the right order.
Zoey1:
How are you today?
Please what were the documents you made photocopies of?
Did you pay the fee by POS or Cash?
As the website has conflicting info on that.
What is the quality of their service at the Lagos consulate like? Friendly?
Thank you.

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by eineFrau: 2:54pm On May 19
3rd of June is still a bit far away by the embassy’s standards. So I’ll suggest you wait a bit longer. Don’t worry too much, it’ll most likely end in good news.
jaeima:
The departure date is 3rd of June
Please which email address do I send this mail to? I have read this thread from beginning and didn’t see an email address to send queries to.

Or do you think I should hold on till mid next week?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Topless Lady On A Motorbike Along Lekki Expressway In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.