Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? (14373 Views)

Funny President Rat Banner Warning Spotted In Lagos / FG Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed / Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Missy89(f): 8:16am On Jan 09, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Yes. My great grandfather is one of the set of academician assigned by Ajayi to teach the iboes how to read & write.

Bunch of ungrateful elements.

Lmao grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by ceemere: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Ever wondered why anything anti igbo that appears online gets more likes and promotion but anything pro igbo gets less likes and backing?? Its simple. While the igbo youths ar busy in their shops and places of business making enough money to buy the whole internet if they so wish, the idle yoruba youths ar busy lying down at home with their phones surfing the net every minute of the day. How the hell do u think the media gave buhari their slave master an edge to win?? How many abokis sabi surf the net?? One day one day, the igbo tribe will buy off all the yoruba states and deport them to chad. Keep wasting ur lives at home waiting for ur father to die so dat u can start collecting rent while ur igbo mates ar building houses and buying off yoruba owned houses. cheesy . The yorubas hate the igbos cos they can never measure up to them in terms of striving. Igbos thrive where other tribes think its impossible. Igbos ar everywhere like the jews, u burn their shops or demolish it in the name of sanitation as a guise to lash out ur anger on them cos they did nt vote for u, they still thrive and make double what they made before. Pls u guys shouldn't even begin to compare the dirty tribe with the money making igbos. It doesn't make any sense undecided

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by WIZGUY69(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2016
Missy89:

Lmao grin

cool

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by WIZGUY69(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2016
ceemere:
E[s]ver wondered why anything anti igbo that appears online gets more likes and promotion but anything pro igbo gets less likes and backing?? Its simple. While the igbo youths ar busy in their shops and places of business making enough money to buy the whole internet if they so wish, the idle yoruba youths ar busy lying down at home with their phones surfing the net every minute of the day. How the hell do u think the media gave buhari their slave master an edge to win?? How many abokis sabi surf the net?? One day one day, the igbo tribe will buy off all the yoruba states and deport them to chad. Keep wasting ur lives at home waiting for ur father to die so dat u can start collecting rent while ur igbo mates ar building house and buying off yoruba owned houses. cheesy
[/s]

Look at this virus. grin

After your brothers have . been whipped home and away.

just like the way fashola deported your useless brothers back to upper iweka overhead bridge right?
BTW

in your warp thinking, any being not in his/her shop is idle?

grin. ndo

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Look at a catchup clansman calling me a Yoruba boy illiterate.

I'm sure my educated greatgrandfather had an Igbo cook those days in Lagos Island. I bet he was magnanimous enough to teach him how to speak and write English.

Even Ajayi Crowther taught the bushmen from the East how to structure their own language by constructing their primer so they can be literate.

But ajayi is creol not a yoruba sir

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2016
Do we actually need these comparisons ..
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by StOla: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

But ajayi is creol not a yoruba sir

Creole because he identified as part of Sierra Leone's freed slave contingent.

In Ajayi Crowther's case, he was a full blooded Yoruba boy who's slave ship was intercepted at port. He was rescued and sent to Sierra Leone before being trained in Britain.

So his identity as creole is because he was resident there in freetown with returnee African slaves of which Yorubas were still a significant population.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Creole because he identified as part of Sierra Leone's freed slave contingent.

In Ajayi Crowther's case, he was a full blooded Yoruba boy who's slave ship was intercepted at port. He was rescued and sent to Sierra Leone before being trained in Britain.

So his identity as creole is because he was resident there in freetown with returnee African slaves of which Yorubas were still a significant population.

But he is still a creole and if creole descent

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by StOla: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

But he is still a creole and if creole descent

He is a Yoruba boy from Iseyin and if he was born in Iseyin and died in Lagos, then he is a Yoruba ambassador.

I reckon he is also British for living there, and also Igbo too for residing there?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2016
WIZGUY69:
[/s]

Look at this virus. grin

After your brothers have . been whipped home and away.

just like the way fashola deported your useless brothers back to upper iweka overhead bridge right?
BTW

in your warp thinking, any being not in his/her shop is idle?

grin. ndo

But fashola deported Yoruba also to ekiti and some hausas also....that incident is still fresh but he only apologised to igbos and called others bluff

I live in Lagos so I know these things

Don't make it seems its only igbos that was deported

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 10:07am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

He is a Yoruba boy from Iseyin and if he was born in Iseyin and died in Lagos, then he is a Yoruba ambassador.

I reckon he is also British for living there, and also Igbo to for residing there?

But at the end of the day he is a creole

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by StOla: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

But fashola deported Yoruba also to ekiti and some hausas also....that incident is still fresh but he only apologised to igbos and called others bluff

Yes he apologized if they felt offended but he did not regret his actions because it was not informed by any tribal victimisation and it was necessary.

Now that you also know this as you've admitted above, try educate those who spread such propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Yes he apologized if they felt offended but he did not regret his actions because it was not informed by any tribal victimisation and it was necessary.

Now that you also know this as you've admitted above, try educate those who spread such propaganda.

But he didn't apologize to his Yoruba people ....he knew them and their antics

So he respected the igbo and apologize accordingly.. Don't u think so
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by StOla: 10:19am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

But at the end of the day he is a creole

It seems am arguing with a down syndrome patient.

I reckon I'm also Ghanaian or from the Middle East having visited those places among other countries?

I have already refuted your claim for the benefit of the viewing public. I am not trained to educate the mentally handicapped.

I best ignore you, lest I begin to wallow in idiocy.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by totit: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2016
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** Lol. When Olaudah Ikwuano was writing the first ever Black man's Biography in 1700s, the yorubas were still killing and eating themselves in kiriji. Even crowther the creole wasn't born then. **grins**

It's early mormor as I am quite busy but for posterity sake.
Please read up -this is fact, true and indisputable history.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00fwp/igbo/igbohistory.html

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by StOla: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

But he didn't apologize to his Yoruba people ....he knew them and their antics

So he respected the igbo and apologize accordingly.. Don't u think so

Because they did not cry victimisation, they did not require it.

Please keep talking. I like how you are coming out of the closet, revealing what we had long known that the Igbo man loves his ego to be massaged. I have quoted this for future reference so as to judge people by the standards they have set themselves.

All cries of marginalization are empty and futile attempts to be rewarded without merit.

Prof Itse Sagay was right afterall.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by christopher123(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2016
Why are Yoruba abusive ? For the singular fact that I did not agree with your submission this is what is resulting to insults from your angle

So much maturity

But ajayi crowther is creole ...do Yoruba bear the surname crowther ....the creoles in Nigeria bear foriegn names like Macaulay , savage , Williams etc

These are not yoruba surnames

A man origin is known from his surname

Keep insulting

Bye

StOla:

It seems am arguing with a down syndrome patient.

I reckon I'm also Ghanaian or from the Middle East having visited those places among other countries?

I have already refuted your claim for the benefit of the viewing public. I am not trained to educate the mentally handicapped.

I best ignore you, lest I begin to wallow in idiocy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by StOla: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:
Why are Yoruba abusive ? For the singular fact that I did not agree with your submission this is what is resulting to insults from your angle

So much maturity

But ajayi crowther is creole ...do Yoruba bear the surname crowther ....the creoles in Nigeria bear foriegn names like Macaulay , savage , Williams etc

Keep insulting

Bye

Why are you this daft?

You have not refuted the fact that Ajayi Crowther was born and bred in Yoruba land before being captured into slavery?

Does the adoption of a name change a man's ethnicity?

Is it not on record that his ship had even yet to sail before he was rescued by the British who then sent him to live in Sierra Leone among the creoles?

As for the creoles, the Yorubas among them even returned to Yorubaland, while some remain there in Sierra Leone retaining their Yoruba identity underneath the larger Creole identity.

So how much more a boy who departed the Yoruba shores a freeman?

It is the hurt that a Yoruba taught the Igbo how to read and write their own language. What a shame.

Seriously, I get your pain. Sorry!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by chacoonder(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

When an Igbo man cannot belch after his morning meal, it is the fault of the Yoruba man.

The OP is wondering why his foolish brother would easily deny him.
Bravo bro...those muggiins deserve the strokes.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by DiademSh07: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Mckennedy:

Don't just go there! We know how it goes.
LOL!
Am I wrong? Tell me which ibo has won the Nobel laureate or the grammy award compared to likes of Wole Soyinka and Fela Kuti!
That already show Ibo's level.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Amberon: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Learn to spell properly before quoting me. No time for suckers!!!
Mckennedy:

Ilitracy,, we have South South (SS) oh yes, where's west west (ww) and North North (NN)? Until then.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by chacoonder(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

So much maturity

Keep insulting

Bye

SMH...Ibos are all the same...They keep their brains in their pouch just to spew tripes.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Amberon: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Mugu!!! My fellow SSners don't regard y'all as SSners, reason being that y'all are all migrants in our lands.
fr3do:

Idiots like you never learn, Igbos happen to be among the top 3 ethnic groups in the SS.

a third of Delta and 2 thirds of Rivers are Igbo.

keep attaching to people who have rejected you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Amberon: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
Mugu!!! My fellow SSners don't regard y'all as SSners, reason being that y'all are all migrants in our lands.
fr3do:

Idiots like you never learn, Igbos happen to be among the top 3 ethnic groups in the SS.

a third of Delta and 2 thirds of Rivers are Igbo.

Lies from the pit of hell. keep attaching to people who have rejected you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by ceemere: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

bros u even get time to dey reply dat dirty ewedu eating anu ohia. Like my grandmother used to say, god started from the mouth to create the yoruba tribe, dats why they make a whole lot of trashy mouth at any slightest chance they get. Igbo man no dey blow him trumpet, na when him catch u in a corner u go sabi say 13 no be B grin let him keep exhibiting his myopic toutish cerebrum grin
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Eshinwaju: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

What a dunce you are.... angry...you have succeeded in merely validating our deep suspicions about the Ibos.... cheesy...good to know.. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Eshinwaju: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

What a dunce you are.... angry...you have succeeded in merely validating our deep suspicions about the Ibos.... cheesy...good to know.. grin
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by Wizprodigy: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
Common sense. First the person that started this useless comparison is a yoruba. As for you, i think you need to start school from primary two. What has infrastructures got to do with personal achievement? If i go to school in a place that have the structures but i came an become the best what does that say about the people? Take this points below.
totit:

Lolz

Go and read history is that all?
How does that change what I wrote up there?

First radio station.
First telephone line.
First two storey building
Theatre art et al was from the western region (Yorubas)
1. Wole soyinka won a noble price in literature, Chinua Achebe is called the father of african literature.
2. Both Chinua and Ngozi chimamanda Achebe's books has being acted as films by foreigner but wole soyinka books wasn't even the gods are not to be blamed is not that globally recognized.
3. Chinua's book "Things fall apart" is the only african book to have being written in more languages and is still being read in spain and portugal.
4. The best mathematician in the entire Africa continent is Chike obi an Igbo man and don't forget ezeilo no yoruba has ever made that feat.
5. Phillip Emegwali will still remain father of internet which everybody in the world is enjoying an Igbo man again where were the yorubas.
6. Igbos have been given appointments in the world bank, IMF etc where were the yorubas.
7. Igbos are the only tribe in africa to make an outstanding comeback after war. The remaining are the jews, japanese and the germans
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by totit: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wizprodigy:
Common sense. First the person that started this useless comparison is a yoruba. As for you, i think you need to start school from primary two. What has infrastructures got to do with personal achievement? If i go to school in a place that have the structures but i came an become the best what does that say about the people? Take this points below.
1. Wole soyinka won a noble price in literature, Chinua Achebe is called the father of african literature.
2. Both Chinua and Ngozi chimamanda Achebe's books has being acted as films by foreigner but wole soyinka books wasn't even the gods are not to be blamed is not that globally recognized.
3. Chinua's book "Things fall apart" is the only african book to have being written in more languages and is still being read in spain and portugal.
4. The best mathematician in the entire Africa continent is Chike obi an Igbo man and don't forget ezeilo no yoruba has ever made that feat.
5. Phillip Emegwali will still remain father of internet which everybody in the world is enjoying an Igbo man again where were the yorubas.
6. Igbos have been given appointments in the world bank, IMF etc where were the yorubas.
7. Igbos are the only tribe in africa to make an outstanding comeback after war. The remaining are the jews, japanese and the germans

Hehe

Are you educated?
Then quite pulling out stuffs from your anus I hate aba made figures -i need facts.

Bro, what I put there are facts. ,ok grin
You don't need to spam around.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by JaredNomak: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Yes. My great grandfather is was one of the set of academician assigned by Ajayi to teach the iboes how to read & write.

Bunch of ungrateful elements.
So the poor dead man didn't teach your grandfather, father, or even you the proper English he allegedly taught others?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by veraponpo(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
What is his/her name?

They are many:

Prof Lambo is one

Dr olukoye Ransome Kuti ( Fela's brother) is another

Olikoye Ransome-Kuti was born in Ijebu Ode on 30 December 1927, in present-day Ogun State, Nigeria. His mother, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, was a prominent political campaigner and women's rights activist, and his father, Reverend Israel Oludotun Ransome-Kuti, a Protestant minister and school principal, was the first president of the Nigerian Union of Teachers.[2] His brother Fela would grow up to be a popular musician and a founder of Afrobeat, while another brother, Beko, would become an internationally-known doctor and political activist. Ransome-Kuti attended Abeokuta Grammar School, University of Ibadan and Trinity College Dublin (1948–54).[3]

Career Edit

He was a house physician at General Hospital, Lagos. He was senior lecturer at the University of Lagos from 1967-1970 and appointed Director of child health at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos and became Head of Department of Paediatrics from 1968-1976. He was Professor of Paediatrics at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos until his retirement in 1988.[4][5] He worked as senior house officer at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, and as a locum in Hammersmith Hospital in the 1960s.

In the 1980s, he joined the government of General Ibrahim Babangida as the health minister. In 1983 along with two other Nigerians, he founded one of Nigeria's largest health focused NGOs - Society for Family Health Nigeria primarily concerned with family planning and child health services at the time. In 1986, he conveyed word of Nigeria's first AIDS case, a 14-year-old girl who had been diagnosed with HIV. He was minister until 1992, when he joined the World Health Organisation as its Deputy Director-General.

He held various teaching positions, including a visiting professorship at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins University's school of hygiene and public health. He wrote extensively for medical journals and publications.

He won both the Leon Bernard Foundation Prize and the Maurice Pate Award, in 1986 and in 1990 respectively.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? by veraponpo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
Prof Babatunde Oshotimehin is the Executive DG of UNFPA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Begs Doctors Not To Go On Strike / Osinbajo Commissions Some Projects In Zamfara State (Photos) / Heavens Won’t Fall If Buhari Prosecutes Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project –Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.