Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. (60073 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How To Answer The Greatest Weakness Question In An Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by flokii: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
I'd give my old friend d car key to take d old woman for treatment.

I'd stay with my crush till d next bus come or we walk & gist

I'd even have more time formatting her brain grin
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:

Definitely, spirit filled
Awesome smiley....You have won the race spiritually dearest all you need to do is to command the physical. with faith command situations command opportunities and they will bow. Because we are God's children and we believe that in the name of Jesus of every knee must bow. All you need do is plant (practice) and water (prayer and fasting).....Surely the Lord will give you Increase. I would love to share the word with you continually if you don't mind.....bt if you are not comfortable I understand....you are already on the right track......God bless you
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Bigmarx:
Awesome smiley....You have won the race spiritually dearest all you need to do is to command the physical. with faith command situations command opportunities and they will bow. Because we are God's children and we believe that in the name of Jesus of every knee must bow. All you need do is plant (practice) and water (prayer and fasting).....Surely the Lord will give you Increase. I would love to share the word with you continually if you don't mind.....bt if you are not comfortable I understand....you are already on the right track......God bless you

I don't mind, God bless you too
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Old
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:

I don't mind, God bless you too
Amen......Should I create a topic in the Religion section then you follow the topic. I will comment regularly and you read and post yours ? or should I send you a PM and then whatsapp? What is your preference? so that we don't derail the thread further.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:
Why can't I think this deep!

because brain nor be the same!
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Ojestas(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
No genius here joor! wink
What if the Old woman is a witch? shocked
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool
abi nah . . what if the friend cannot drive?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ayindejimmy(m): 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect woman (or) man you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box"

cc: lalasticlala

In this life, there is nothing like 'One life.' life keeps giving us chances, we just have to notice it and learn to seize it
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ayindejimmy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night.

In this life, there is nothing like 'One life.' life keeps giving us chances, we just have to notice it and learn to seize it[b]
Kelklein:

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night.

In this life, there is nothing like 'One life.' life keeps giving us chances, we just have to notice it and learn to seize it[/b]
Kelklein:

Question:

" You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night.
" You said?

Safety first.

I will definitely meet another lady I like not necessarily on a lonely stormy nite.

My friend should understand why I had to save the old lady.

In this life, there is nothing like 'One chance ' life keeps giving us chances, we just have to notice it and learn to seize it
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by izeeqpotter(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool
GUY I JUST WANT TO HAIL YOU OH! YOU ARE A PRACTICAL GENIUS! GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by OgaSirAde(m): 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Great lesson learnt dere op keep it up #best thread read so far#grin
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by OgaSirAde(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Great lesson learnt dere op keep it up #best thread read so far 2016#grin
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by marked10(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
woooow

this is wisdom
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
What is the old friend does not know how to drive?

Lalasticlala undecided
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

..the story doesn't tell if your "old friend" knows how how to drive
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by OlivetBen(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

What if the old friend doesn't know how to drive?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by feaworaoja007: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

u av some points tho';but u took it too far! More of a pessimist! However, a Woman of ur dream's a woman of ur dreaam...whether Olosho or not! Ur friend vamoose wit ur car? Ur friend? He helped u sometime . Ago,so he cant stoop too low 4 ur car! Old dying woman being a witch? R u kidding? She for fly home na!

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by marked10(m): 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ah ah why must you be a cynic?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by abatisegun: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

what of if my old friend doesn't know how to drive
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
I think, I will pick the lady, say hello to my friend (between we go still see). and the woman of my choice, she can go Bleep her self, there are billions of women in the world
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Malakh: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Elohim bears me witness this was the same response i came up with before reading the answer,all it requires is wisdom,i spoke my solution before i read the answer.
Kelklein:

Question:

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by emerged01(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
--The old woman is old enough to die..I ain't wicked. It is the reality
--not necessary that I help to those who help me in return. Only God can reward.
-I will surely go with my perfect woman that I have been dreaming of because I have life to live.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by hedonistic: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
There is no single correct answer to this question. What matters is how creative or convincing your answer is. Even if you chose one of the three 'boxed' options, convincingly explaining why is as good as this answer being glorified here.

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by dammytosh: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
I will stand up and leave the interview.

I have a lot to do.

No time for dumb questions as my role does not warrant stupeed questions.

The resume speaks for itself.

I forgot i dnt attend interview but a chat as they put it.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by okenwa(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by h2obobo(m): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

Then what better option would you take, assuming it's you
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Toosure70: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

you children of nowadays, you quickly seeing old age as witch. May God help una

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by tpraiz(m): 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
front page worthy post cheesy
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Fabrice07: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Very simple. An old woman about to die...she don old wetin she wan live for again...she's out of the way. An old friend who saved my life ...I will carry him. My dream lady...hmm,there are so many dream ladies out there...leave her. *on a serious note, I go find way carry my friend and the old woman*
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by tivta(m): 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is old, nairaland keeps behaving more like the indomie generation... Guess the mods are in their 20s

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Can't the car accomodate thrm all ?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by bid4rich(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
I read this long time back. Nevetherless, my observation was this:

What if your friend doesnt know how to drive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.