Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. (60030 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How To Answer The Greatest Weakness Question In An Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by viktor01(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn

Your brain dey there...my thought exactly.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by fiziebaibie(f): 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wot if ur frd can't drive?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by LastSurvivor: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
What if ur old friend can't drive
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by johndanny(m): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Mehn! common sense is not common o
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by sonofthunder: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:
Why can't I think this deep!
if you can pay the price, then you'll be able to.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by karleone(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
ekwelive:
nothing genius here...can u know ur perfect woman by staring at her for d first time?

At least the OP never said it was a real life story.
The dude was asked a question. All he needed was to answer in line with the question. Whether e happen or e no happen concern person wey ask am d kweshion.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Stanbeto: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
shocked a very gud morals
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by torule(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn

Abeg Help Me Ask O, I Wonder.O
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:

Right?......
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:

Too much KFC and foundation on your face has blocked the brain grin Na joke oo
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

This is a hypothetical situation...bro

meant to test the applicants' level of reasoning in the middle of a very difficult situation.

don't take it too personal!

*in Orubebe's voice* I will take it personal
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Topmostt: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
while I think this is a great answer to the question for an interview scenerio, but its not practical. We are talking about 'a wild, stormy night' and the young man thinks the best thing to do is to go chyke a girl. Will she even be in the mood?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
espionagesavvy:
Dats if de woman of ur dreams go fit wait. Mine is simple, my friend go lap the old lady, de other girl go contain inside the car

Lwkmd
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Dumb answer .. if ur frnd no sabi drive nko .. abi d girl of ur dream wash u loool.

If na me ehn ..
I go carry all of them enter
who r d other occupant in my car dat they can't enter
Even if its stormy .. mk we die 2qeda na .. @ least i helped everyone.
N if nothing happened .. well all qood.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
godwinony:
I wouldve answered.." I don't stay out late".. grin

Lwkmd faint wake up. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:

you can.

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by tottinova: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect woman (or) man you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box"

cc: lalasticlala

The car suppose get boot, nd it's not a car, it's a bike
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
I already answered the question before I saw the answer..
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by pek(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
@op, guess you don't know the meaning of perfect. That answer has many flaws.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by VISTIN(m): 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
What if the guy doesn't know how to drive?

I will appeal to my friend that we have save life, collect the lady's contact and take the woman to the hospital.

But if the friend knows howww to drive, I think the man gave a perfect answer.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by doublezero7(m): 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

Choi! Some badass comments here! LMAO!

Well, if I was the interviewer, I would give him the job but won't be too impressed!

Firstly, to be realistic, it isn't possible for a car to accommodate just 1 person!

Secondly, how is he so sure the other lady is the woman/man of his/her dreams? Chilling with the chic under the storm only means the guy wants to 'do'! So that makes him irresponsible somehow! So the guy no see the woman of his dream for church, or work or in broad day light...na for stormy night the babe show! Continu o!

Thirdly, coming over to what happens in the country, what if the whole thing is a set up? You go fear one chance na!

Abegi!
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Oluschenco(m): 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
did you say wild, stormy night
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by professore(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
See how he covered the three people
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by sacostyles(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly
post=41815110:

No genius here joor! wink
What if the Old woman is a witch? shocked
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool

That's not really a problem because of the friend who saved ur life vamoses with ur car I think it's a worthy enough payback because ur life is probably worth more than the car. If the woman of ur dream happens to be an olosho then nothing spoil as she will be giving u both short-time and daybreak for the rest of ur life... And u managed to save a poor old lady's life out of it wink so gbam
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Berrymoss(f): 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

Old story
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by frisky2good(m): 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
What if his friend cannot drive?

Kelklein:

Question:

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by AIZubair(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is just how I taught of it I swear.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by IamMetallic: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
@OP, to you now, his response is EPIC ba? What if the friend never returns with your car? Do you av an idea of how long they both av been waiting for a vehicle to pass by? Don't be surprised if eventually another vehicle passes and your "dream girl" elopes with another man; leaving you all by yourself and then you lose on all fronts, afterall she's only your "dream girl" and you were never her "dream man"
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by joshrare(m): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
That's a perfect and a brilliant answer in this situation....

To those criticizing his answer there's no condition given regarding the state/condition of the people involved. The only condition given was that of the car.....
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by killercute16(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool
lol.....You've got some ish bro
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by skuribeebo: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Oscar4real:
Nice.
non sense answer .What of if the car didn't have opportunity of coming back?. Or if your friend cannot drive.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ogahomale: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

sorry bro but it's lik u are high on cassava flakes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse. / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.