Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. (60064 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How To Answer The Greatest Weakness Question In An Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by tuna4servi(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Correct answer
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by id7574(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
Lol! Very simple question which only APKOS knows the answer so contact APKOS
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by greatseed: 1:24am On Jan 11, 2016
Aremu01:
Remarkably Brilliant, Most of u criticising him, can u give a better solution?
Appreciate the man biko
what if the old friend dat saved his life can't drive? wot happens in ur conclusion as an affected being in cognisance of the later as regards consequentiality of the asbosrbed perception in request to the past of the aformentioned in die need of an quintessencial answer? thanks 2ur xpected answer...gud luck my direct source of question murmuring ....in absentia of d right oblongata....oh nah
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by yakwas(m): 1:27am On Jan 11, 2016
Whaooooo
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by preciousMI1(f): 6:51am On Jan 11, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect woman (or) man you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box"

cc: lalasticlala

that friend that saved me.

the old mama has lived her life.
dream man ko reality woman nj
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by greatseed: 6:59am On Jan 11, 2016
Kelklein:

This is a hypothetical situation...bro

meant to test the applicants' level of reasoning in the middle of a very difficult situation.

don't take it too personal!

Its you dats taking it personal, dude just trying 2crack us up! anyway if u want the post cum n collect it....in jazzys lyrics
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by bakila: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2016
DickDastardly:
No genius here joor! wink
What if the Old woman is a witch? shocked
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool
This one is " thinking into the box"
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by datigbogirl: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2016
DickDastardly:
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool

This one is not thinking outside the box.

This one is thinking off tangent.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by petermp(m): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2016
that is the right thing to do...#genius
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by styca(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Here's my take:

I will go with my friend.

Here's my reason.

The Old woman is old and sick. An already BROKEN relationship with little or nothing to offer.

My friend is a PROVEN profitable relationship.

The lady is a PROBABLE relationship with the POTENTIAL to either be profitable or not.

NOTE: The op's response is ideal in a perfect world. Being realistic and with the way life works, most times you only have to make a choice between conflicting options.

Each of these scenarios tries to test each person's personality. There's no wrong or right answer. I will advise when trying to answer this kind of question, one should take note of the company. The company's culture and Philosophy.

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by enthusiastica: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2016
rattlesnake:
he didnt answer the question...WHICH ONE WILL HE OFFER A RIDE
no one told him to redesignate the responsibility
My brother ur head dey there. d guy totally misunderstood d question and d clown interviewer gave him work @ d expense of others wit maybe better answers

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by jashar(f): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
DickDastardly:

grin cheesy grin. My like made it 600. You deserve more likes. cheesy
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by scave(m): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Thinking out side d box.,. It is a bus stop not a car stop I go drive my car pass
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by holaralph(m): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Wowww I never saw it coming
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Boyooosa(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Question not technical and the answer not reasonable at all... Why do you need to drop ur car key (what of if ur old friend drops the lady somewhere in the bush and fades away with ur car?) when you can take the three at a go and do the needful. Drop the sick lady first, ur friend second (depending on the route u r taking to d clinic) and ur assumed Mrs Right last. @op I no get ur tym jere, today is Monday!
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ekewest: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
DickDastardly:

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by MDOLOFU: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
Simple dat is d correct answer
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by EmmyDe25(m): 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn
Well thought out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.