Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14568 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Bialegend(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Yes I am a member and am proud of him.
You and arrsss kissing sef. I never see.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Phemytrend: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
Over
Aloy.Emeka:

Wetin concern year with this?. I started worshiping there since 2007.

Sorry you are still a baby in the Church, such information is not for people like you.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
It's not ass kissing. Why do you people have a problem with the only honest popular Nigerian ever?. You will all praise Obasanjo thief thief, odili thief thief but the only man that has never touched a single kobo from your oil money is being criticized, na olisa go help una.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2009

Sorry you are still a baby in the Church, such information is not for people like you.
Juist say you have nothing to say. No proof whatsoever. You may talk now or keep silent forever.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

It's not ass kissing. Why do you people have a problem with the only honest popular Nigerian ever?. You will all praise Obasanjo thief thief, odili thief thief but the only man that has never touched a single kobo from your oil money is being criticized, na olisa go help una.

Isn't the same honest man buddy buddy with a few politicians?

Sentiments about his church aside, what makes him a legend?

there are better choices IMO
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by twinskenny(m): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
@samilla, u dont even know how to spell his name correctly, we should watch our tongue when making reference about men of God
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Afaukwu: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2009
Aloy Emeka:

Adeboye has a case with customs (tax/duty evasion) which is in the public domain. Tell him to report himself and make the necessary corrections and be saved. Nigerians merely making him a legend due to a brainwashed state of mind will not assuage.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
Sentiments about his church aside, what makes him a legend?
How many people have given Unilag 50 million euros or dollars before?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by asha80(m): 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
twinskenny:

@samilla, u dont even know how to spell his name correctly, we should watch our tongue when making reference about men of God

na today?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
that's what i said, this aloy emeka IS 98% BRAINWASHED (did i spell it well).
You were never bright anyway.
Dont come here to tell us about where you worship and why you are proud.
I m a Catholic but i go to Church with my TWO EYES open and not closed like you.
I question Popes words atimes, Thats the meaning of Church.
Adebayo did this and that.
Back to topic,

I have nothing against Adebayo or anybody for that matter.
I like fairness and in this case, I see no fairness.
I would vote for Seun Osewa and Sam Milla before Adebayo.

Oh he gave 50 Million Pounds to unilag math department
(I need source, because 50 MIllion Pounds can sponsor the entire Unilag for 5 years. Not just the math Dept.)

Meanwhile if he gave the money, he just returned the money he stole legally from the church members, give or take,  open your eyes MR ALOY, Open them wide, At your age, you dont need to base your beliefs on stories that happened 5000 years ago,
reference to them atimes, but live on the moment, NOW, JETZT, GLEICH, HERE,
live according to what happens around your feet ,

I would give more than that if i am that rich,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
twinskenny:

Hehehehehe!!!
You see what i am talking about
This GUY is even afraid of mis-spelling his name, Lmao!!
Report me to him, tell him i spelled his name this way "obedayo"
Man OF GOD MY FOOT
Who dey mess is adebayo?

OUR PEOPLE NEED TO BE MORE EDUCATED,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Ibime(m): 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
hehehehehe. . . . I wonder if Adebayo organised his church members to vote. Who put him on the list anyway? Aloy, please stop displaying ignorance here. We are talking of legends, and Adebayo represents much of what is wrong with Nigerian society.

Of all the names on the list, Gani is no1. Kanu needs to go and siddon. People like Achebe, Chimamanda, Fela etc should come before him.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by cold(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehehe. . . . I wonder if Adebayo organised his church members to vote. Who put him on the list anyway? Aloy, please stop displaying ignorance here. We are talking of legends, and Adebayo represents much of what is wrong with Nigerian society.

Of all the names on the list, Gani is no1. Kanu needs to go and siddon. People like Achebe, Chimamanda, Fela etc should come before him.
how dare u angry the only footballer who thought it wise to establish a foundation,man u must be joking
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Phemytrend: 11:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

Ibime, We are talking about Living Legend you are  mentioning FELE dead man, u better go sleep
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Afaukwu: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kanu deserves his spot.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by samorijack(m): 1:41am On Jun 18, 2009
I do not understand what qualifies Mr Adeboye as a living legend.This vote is eveidence that there's something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian value system. How can Adeboye win this poll? Can anybody objectively tell me what this man has contributed to society, besides vigourously expanding his religious empire? and who are the real beneficiaries of God's "miraculous visitation"?

Where are his prodemocracy and developmental credentials? This man has patronised and identified with the oppressors of the people and HAS NOT SPOKEN OUT AGAINST THERE'RE MISDEEDS PUBLICLY like the prophets of old, rather he wines and dines with them and curries their patronage and favour with his very vague prophecies WHICH NEVER COME TO PASS. IT'S A SCANDAL THAT EVEN THE SCHOOLS HIS CHURCH OWNS ARE BEYOND THE REACH OF OVER 90% OF HIS CHURCH MEMBERS (He needs to take a leaf from the misssionaries of long ago)

The ugly truth is Adeboye is nothiing but a very clever con, a religious capitalist and an accomplished politician, a true wolf in sheeps clothing, For get the hype this dude is bad news and no legend to me, I DUFF MY HAT TO kANU NWANKWO, for the wonderful memories he's given us and his very commendable charity (Heart Foundation) that's a real hero!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 1:50am On Jun 18, 2009
OH MY GOSH!!! See the kind thing wey we dey busy ourselves with for Naija. . . . Living legends?? Kai!!!! AFRICA SAVE THYSELF FROM THINE OWN HANDS!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by REALTRUTH1: 3:44am On Jun 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

How many people have given Unilag 50 million euros or dollars before?
Its now I know that U ve been brainwashed and like many others,,U only go to church to worship man and not God,,Adeboye donated #50Million and not pounds,dollars or euros,,
Jokes apart,,RCCG needs to wake up,,the church is gradually or fast becoming celestial church or any other white garments churches,,the church truly started well,,but of late,,as an observer and also once a member,,I would say there is a clear drift from where it started,,,the church most care about the quality of believers rather than the quantity of pastors and members it produces,,,
In terms of pastors in Nigeria,,My living legends are Pastor Kumuyi,,Revd Gbonigi,,Pastor Tunde Bakare and Revd Iloh,,
In politics and National issues,,,they are Gani Fawehinmi,,Col.Abubakar Ahmed,Jimi Agbaje
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 5:36am On Jun 18, 2009
Gani Fawehinmi and Wole Soyinka are arguably two of the greatest and bravest men alive in Nigeria today. Over the decades,  both of them have sacrificed their freedom REPEATEDLY, and wound up thrown in jail cell conditions that would have killed lesser mortals, all because these intellectual giants stood up against some of Nigeria's most despicable and repressive military dictatorships, with no regard for their own lives and safety.

As a role model for Africa's youth, the exemplary life and charitable initiatives of footballer Kanu are sterling models of how the power of celebrity recognition can be parlayed into a force for lasting benefit.  Kanu bounced back from heart surgery to resume his football career against doctor's orders, while deriving inspiration from his medical condition to set up a charitable heart foundation that has saved many impoverished young African children from certain death due to heart complications.

Love him or loathe him, Odumegwu Ojukwu played a pivotal role in Nigerian history, given his role as the leader of the Biafran break-away nation that gave the Nigerian armed forces a run for its money back in the 1960's. That this Oxford educated military tactician lived through that war to this present day is testimony to his staying power and mental agility, attributes which certainly qualify him as a living legend in his own time.

Pastor Eunuch Adeboye qualifies as a living legend in the same way that Osama Bin Laden earned analogous recognition on the cover of Time Magazine a few years back.  Both of these individuals control fanatical followers who would gladly lay down their lives or life savings for their idol, yet both of these cult leaders have caused massive civilian deaths in the pursuit of their objectives, namely the accumulation of CASH donations in the case of Eunuch Adeboye, and the expulsion of Western military forces from Saudi Arabia in the case of Osama Bin Laden. 

Bin Laden ordered the killing of innocent Americans with his suicide jet liner pilots on September 11 2001, while Adeboye watches and cackles with glee as Nigerian motorists are slaughtered on the Lagos/Ibadan Expressway on the last Friday of every month, when the traffic from Adeboye's church blockades that strategic highway for 24 hours of living hell, as has been the case for the last quarter century.    Yes sir indeed, Eunuch  Adeboye must rightly be recognized as Nigeria's most prolific serial killer and tax evader.

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 6:35am On Jun 18, 2009
Oh boy!!! Nigerians and Hero Worship!!! lol
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
some are even scared to misspell the pastors name. lmao

where is the blind follower called aloy.emeka, its judgement time for your beloved Pastor,
who flies with your money while you hardly see money to browse, because he promised to take you past St.Peter at the Gate of Heaven at all cost, even if it means bribing him.
Here is a news flash for you and your kind,
Pastor adeboye or whatever will answer for himself alone,
not even for his wife
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by JustGood(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
As much as Pastor Adeboye always come across (to me) as a humble man in his physical demeanour, I dont think I'd rate him higher than Pastor Tunde Bakare if I was to vote for a Pastoral legend.

Tunde Bakare has spoken out for good or for evil, based on his convictions, against leaders without fear or favour. . . Adeboye has never been able to do so. That Tunde Bakare actually refused the offer of a presidential lunch/dinner sometime ago made him tick another of my boxes.

There are also other unknown ones (I believe so).

Kanu also did very well to set up a foundation (VERY UNSELFISHLY) for heart diseases - this unselfish attitude seems to be very uncommon among many Nigerians
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by switch47(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
WHATEVER? IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION, NO NEED TO ATTACK THOSE WHO VOTED HIM A LEGEND. nothing do the pastor jare. pastor Adeboye for life!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by biola44: 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
cool
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
Pastor Adeboye, is no doubt, a devout Christian and a successful pastor, going by the size of his church – The Redeemed Christian Church of God.   However, the man has not been able to leverage on the enormous influence he wields to persuade successive governments to fall in line even in the face of numerous instances of government intransigence.  

He failed to speak up when the nation needed him most during the 3rd term misadventure of his friend the erstwhile President, Olusegun Obasanjo.  

Even in the field of Christendom, using any bench mark, it is unlikely that Pastor Adegboye will come before Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Life Bible Church, if the quality of their works rather than the quantity is considered.

Apart from that can anybody show a foundation he stet up for the less privileged
even his University, an average member of his church cant afford the fees
so what is so Legendary about him being a Pastor?
so, kindly help by throwing more light on how you arrived at your dull analysis?
i laff at quality of their works rather than quality
i tot quality is a pre to getting quantity?
na wa for una

@Topic
I tot it was a vote open to everybody, u guys shld have voted for others or why the noise?

we surely waste our time debating junks
**outt jare
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
It's stuffs like this that make me doubt nigeria is going anywhere. . .
How can a THIEF AND CON MAN like adeboye be voted a living legend. It goes to show the rot in our educational system if average nigerians can't define the term 'legend'.

Where was adeboye when guys like soyinka and gani where fighting hard against military rule. He was silent when OBJ wanted a third term. What significant impact has he had in nigeria and the world at large. Someone mentioned above he gives scorlarships, so what. Every average rich man gives scolarships what has he done to distinguish himself from the pack.

As far as i'm concerned aliko dangote has changed and impacted more lives than the criminal pastor. He's created more jobs and more people can afford to live. Adeboye just sits back and tells the people to give the little they have and look up to the clouds for ''showers of blessings'' - the only thing they see is him flying overhead in private jet bought with their money.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
lemme digress a likkle.
abeg, when did kobojunkie start speaking or typing in pigin english?

Back at Topic
some interesting view points on Adeboye.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tudór:

Adeboye just sits back and tells the people to give the little they have and look up to the clouds for ''showers of blessings'' - the only thing they see is him flying overhead in private jet bought with their money.

Ha ha ha Oh chit, man I haven't laughed this hard in a good while.   In fairness though, I can envisoin a "shower of blessings" if the jet's toilet tank evacuation cover becomes accidentally detached while the faithful are looking skyward as Pastor Eunuch does a fly-past.  

Praise the Lord !

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by switch47(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS TO PASTOR ADEBOYE. In my candid opinon he is a legend of high repute, he don win the poll and no one can take that from him, all the sentiments against him goes to no issue and it is null and void, without effect!! grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
three years ago chris okotie won the silverbird presidential nominee poll

go figure. nothing more than the PR machine of megapastors at work.

for me, only wole soyinka and gani have any business being in that list. both repeatedly have put their lives on the line, and have not shied away from paying the ultimate price for nigeria.

enoch adeboye is a monument to religion as business,  kanu nwankwo is a celebrity footballer , ojukwu ( i no go talk before all the pan biafranists descend on my head  grin)

anyhow, the poll says a lot about nigerians and our values and why in 2020, we will probably have regressed even more .
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by OBNOXIOUS: 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
Oh i have forgotten! Adeboye is god! He created the heavens and the earth and mankind was made in his image! All of us that didnt vote for him are definately going to hell because Pastor Adeboye is the "way, the truth and the life". No one comes to Adeboye except through pastor adeboye himself and his deluded followers!

Up god adeboye the legend!

Now does that mean the traffic on the ibadan express road will double any time soon? undecided

What a bunch of sorry retards that have been brainwashed so badly that they can't think without their spiritual father bamboozling them to submission.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by adybabs: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ The criteria for nomination was based on selfless service; enduring achievements; sincerity of purpose; resilience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibililience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibi.

please the winners should be asked to declare their assets, produce their CURRENT TAX RETURNS before issuance of the AWARDS.  I believe 2 or none will show up up for collection. this will go a long way in knowing if they ARE  truly PATRIOTIC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Gbade Ojo Urges Tinubu To Reconcile With Afenifere Ahead Of 2023 / INEC CVR Update: Quarter 4, WK 15 As At 7am, Monday 25th July 2022 / Kaduna Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.