Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14582 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2009
[center]JUST FOR THE RECORD HERE[/center]

I have nothing against Pastor Enoch Adeboye. I have heard a lot about his goodness and so on.
Meanwhile, The keyword here is LEGEND.
Good, based on his achievements (with his Church), He is a legend (To his followers).

My argument was based on his national achievement to warrant being voted as a national legend
I am not sure of one thing he has done for Nigeria. (I mean Nigeria, not Nigerians).

I dont know Gani, I dont Know Fela, I dont Know Soyinka, I am not even Yoruba,
But i have seen articles and speeches from these men,
Openly criticizing corrupt Governments.
Facing Military Leaders without a weapon.

Can someone name one pastor in the U.K or U.S who is considered a Legend.
And The church was supposed to come to Africa From the west.

There was one election in America where a dead man defeated a living politician in an election.

I would rather vote for Saro Wiwa or Fela as a living legend.

*Just like i said, i have nothing against Adeboye, Just that he doesnt deserve to win that honour.
(unless of course the vote was casted by his followers)
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
10 pages for daddy GO. na you biko, Nairaland has made you more popular and an icon. Just mention Adeboye anywhere in nairaland and see guys bombard the thread with felicitations and hate mails. grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by deb(m): 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2009
ADEBOYE is a living legend. I'm not a member of Redeem but I was once opportuned
to hear him talk 1st sunday of January at the Lagos State House New Year Thanks Giving.
My life had not been the same since then.

It is one thing to open attack bad governance without having any impact directly on the
lives of people. If you have not experienced the man of God Adeboye, you cannot understand.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bidex(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2009
it amuses me to hear him winning the living legend polls, by what criteria was he nominated? being a pastor has automatically made him living legend? that means the pastor making whole lot of hell-like noise near my house should get nominated even if he did not win it! with this alone, it has signify that we NIGERIANs love to run after miracles and magic. we dont want to do anything on our own anymore. we want miracles, its really a pity!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2009

ADEBOYE is a living legend. I'm not a member of Redeem but I was once opportuned
to hear him talk 1st sunday of January at the Lagos State House New Year Thanks Giving.
My life had not been the same since then.

It is one thing to open attack bad governance without having any impact directly on the
lives of people. If you have not experienced the man of God Adeboye, you cannot understand.
Adeboye has been updated from living legend to a Nigerian ICON.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bidex(m): 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2009
it amuses me to hear him winning the living legend polls, by what criteria was he nominated? being a pastor has automatically made him living legend? that means the pastor making whole lot of hell-like noise near my house should get nominated even if he did not win it! with this alone, it has signify that we NIGERIANs love to run after miracles and magic. we dont want to do anything on our own anymore. we want miracles, its really a pity!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by deb(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2009

My guy pastors get levels. Some are out there for the money.
A few others are the real choosen ones
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2009
so when does daddy go get his chapter in the bible cheesy

he's a bonafide man of God, not so? cheesy
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
You mean, get his picture in the christian hall of fame? St Adeboye? wink wink

I've heard some people claim he is more popular than muhammed in Nigeria.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by wirinet(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2009
It is absolute deceit to call Pastor Adeboye Nigeria Living Legend. The problem we have in this country is that we interpolate our own personal or group interest or preference to cover the whole of Nigeria. I say Silverbird and Vanguard are practicing what is called the Nigerian Syndrome (lies and deceit). If they are honest why did they not tell use the criteria used for their polls and the demographics of their voters. Today we do not know the number of people that actually voted to represent the whole of Nigeria. Some of the problems with the polls are;

1. The survey was carried out using only SMS, now how many percentage of Nigerians have a phone.
2. The rumour is that a text cost N50, what is the percentage of the people with phone that can afford N50 and what percentage of people that can actually afford to throw away N50 that will actually be motivated to vote and what was the motivation?
3. What percentage of even people with phone were aware that a poll was taking place.
4. What section of the country participated in the poll.

From the result i can say that it was mainly the Lagos - Ibadan axis Christians and a few other yoruba states of the south west and probably a few yorubas in Abuja that participated and so their preference is not used to represent the whole of Nigeria. I doubt a yoruba muslim would vote for Adeboye.

If you go to a cow herder or a farmer in Kebbi and tell him that Adeboye is his Legend he will think you are crazy.

I think the Redeem people want to impose Adeboye on Nigerians to make themself feel important, because outside the traditional services to his flock, i do not see how Adeboye has impacted positively on the life of the average Nigerian.

At least Kano and that Lady Modupe Ozuzua (cant remember her surname) has spend millions to nurse back to life helpless babies and children, and Gani and Enahoro had spent their whole life fighting for the welfare of the poor, but Adebayo? i dont know.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by wirinet(m): 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2009
It is absolute deceit to call Pastor Adeboye Nigeria Living Legend. The problem we have in this country is that we interpolate our own personal or group interest or preference to cover the whole of Nigeria. I say Silverbird and Vanguard are practicing what is called the Nigerian Syndrome (lies and deceit). If they are honest why did they not tell use the criteria used for their polls and the demographics of their voters. Today we do not know the number of people that actually voted to represent the whole of Nigeria. Some of the problems with the polls are;

1. The survey was carried out using only SMS, now how many percentage of Nigerians have a phone.
2. The rumour is that a text cost N50, what is the percentage of the people with phone that can afford N50 and what percentage of people that can actually afford to throw away N50 that will actually be motivated to vote and what was the motivation?
3. What percentage of even people with phone were aware that a poll was taking place.

From the result i can say that it was mainly the Lagos - Ibadan axis Christians and a few other yoruba states of the south west and probably a few yorubas in Abuja that participated and so their preference is not used to represent the whole of Nigeria. I doubt a yoruba muslim would vote for Adeboye.

If you go to a cow herder or a farmer in Kebbi and tell him that Adeboye is his Legend he will think you are crazy.

I think the Redeem people want to impose Adeboye on Nigerians to make themself feel important, because outside the traditional services to his flock, i do not see how Adeboye has impacted positively on the life of the average Nigerian.

At least Kano and that Lady Modupe Ozuzua (cant remember her surname) has spend millions of their hard earned money to nurse back to life helpless babies and children, and Gani and Enahoro had spent their whole life fighting for the welfare of the poor, but Adebayo? i dont know.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

You mean, get his picture in the christian hall of fame? St Adeboye? wink wink

I've heard some people claim he is more popular than muhammed in Nigeria.

on nairaland definitely - the man has more soldiers than Jesus  cheesy
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by wirinet(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2009

2. The rumour is that a text cost N50, what is the percentage of the people with phone that can afford N50 and what percentage of people that can actually afford to throw away N50 will actually be motivated to vote and what was the motivation?

If you go to a cow herder or a farmer in Kebbi and tell him that Adeboye is his Legend he will think you are crazy. The problem is if a poll that is skewed to favour the North is carried out and the Sultan of Sokoto is said to the Nigeria's Legend, i am sure Redeemers would cry foul, and blame OIC for trying to Islamize Nigeria

At least Kano and that Lady Modupe Ozuzua (cant remember her surname) has spent millions of their hard earned money to nurse back to life helpless babies and children, and Gani and Enahoro had spent their whole life fighting for the welfare of the poor, but Adebayo? i dont know.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2009
Una still dey here?

Nobody is imposing anybody on you - why una no vote with una 50 naira? cheesy

People will never cease to amaze me - people gave their opinions and y'all are huffing and puffing trying to nullify it?

Typical Nigerians - elections will come around but they won't vote, yet they will be criticising afterwards. grin

Once again, Adeboye has won - he who disagrees should jump off a cliff, conduct their own poll or keep on yapping. grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by MrCrackles(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
wirinet:

2. The rumour is that a text cost N50, what is the percentage of the people with phone that can afford N50 and what percentage of people that can actually afford to throw away N50 will actually be motivated to vote and what was the motivation?

If you go to a cow herder or a farmer in Kebbi and tell him that Adeboye is his Legend he will think you are crazy. The problem is if a poll that is skewed to favour the North is carried out and the Sultan of Sokoto is said to the Nigeria's Legend, i am sure Redeemers would cry foul, and blame OIC for trying to Islamize Nigeria

At least Kano and that Lady Modupe Ozuzua (cant remember her surname) has spent millions of their hard earned money to nurse back to life helpless babies and children, and Gani and Enahoro had spent their whole life fighting for the welfare of the poor, but Adebayo? i dont know.

OZOLUA!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

OZOLUA!

when a hot chick is involved, we can trust senor brashy to be accurate on all details grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by MrCrackles(m): 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

when a hot chick is involved, we can trust senor brashy to be accurate on all details grin

U know my swag! grin cheesy
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by didoflex(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2009
INTERESTING DISCUSS I MUST SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2009
Its about how much influence you had on people's lives.

Adeboye deserves it. All his enemies can go and die

how much is daddy paying you foot soldiers?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
Its about how much influence you had on people's lives.

Adeboye deserves it. All his enemies can go and die
If his enemies die, how will you replenish the dying soldiers? Will you hire aliens to fill in as new members?. Naija and our one track mentality.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by debosky(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
bawomolo:

how much is daddy paying you foot soldiers?
how much are daddy's enemies paying you? grin grin

See how ridiculous it sounds?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2009
debosky:

how much are daddy's enemies paying you? grin grin

See how ridiculous it sounds?

i wish death on daddy's supporters?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by debosky(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2009
wish for whatever you want.

Besides he's not wishing death, he is saying they can go and die, meaning it's optional grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2009
debosky:

wish for whatever you want.

Besides he's not wishing death, he is saying they can go and die, meaning it's optional grin grin grin

word. very classy.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by GeorgeD1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2009
a lot of hate going on here. it beats me to think we can be so antagonistic
towards men of God as a nation. it's really sad to see.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by biolabee(m): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2009
very interestin topic, i heard it on the radio and thought is he exactly a legend?

As much as sam, brash and co are right so also is tkb et al so  i will stick with debo
the poll was open and the sample collated voted for the pastor,
lets leave it at that

It was organised by Silverbird who can publish the no of people who voted etc, their mechanism just like the way other shows do their thing if they cant then, ?

on the young lady i thinku should go home and learn some decent respect, its not about ur age but no one will tolerate abusee on any forum and bros sam take am easy shes too small to know wetin she dey do
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
Please let us Remember that for once, i did not call Adeboye a bad name on this forum or on any forum for that matter. I never even had a serious thought about him until his name showed up as a living legend which i consider ridiculous. Although i might have exaggerated the way i wrote my opinions but those who know me knows that i always add some lines of humour and jokes into whatever i do.
So for people who think that i am against the Ade-guy winning the trophy,
I would not have made a single negative comment if i had up to 0.5% conviction that he deserved it.
So, in my opinion i believe that he might be a shareholder in vanguard/slverbird or which ever media coy that conducted the poll. The church members might not know, but i will dig out info about that someday.

Besides, I dont believe that silverbird broadcasts in the east and north of nigeria
or has Lagos and Ogun become Nigeria ?  grin

biolabee:

very interestin topic,  i heard it on the radio and thought is he exactly a legend?

As much as sam, brash and co are right so also is tkb et al so  i will stick with debo
the poll was open and the sample collated voted for the pastor,
lets leave it at that

It was organised by Silverbird who can publish the no of people who voted etc,  their mechanism just like the way other shows do their thing if they cant then, ?

on the young lady i thinku should go home and learn some decent respect,  its not about ur age but no one will tolerate abusee on any forum and bros sam take am easy shes too small to know wetin she dey do

Dont worry about the Young Lady.
It was a mistake responding to her and she made me lose my cool by calling me and kobojunkie stinking p*ussies.
Just because she was opportuned to rub shulders with big guys. sad
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by dailynaira: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
It's just a matter of time, you all who talk rubbish about what you don't understand will soon find out. How could you speak about men of God like that, I believe many of you would fill Christianity as your religion when filling forms. In a short while, you all will see God, then you will know.
He deserves a right to be a living legend. Do you know how many scholarships he gives out each year. Do you know how many charities he supports, because he doesnt carry a camcorder around to show it off doesnt mean he doesnt do it. By the way, before you ask, I'm not a member of his Church, but I respect and adore him.

Have you even sat down to listen to him. Do you know how many hours that man spends to pray, sense knowledge cannot do what he is doing in RCCG. It has to be the work of God. Anyways, I'm glad you all are saying these things, remember, they said the same things about Jesus too, Papa Adeboye, you are in good company. grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nacom(f): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ Sam Milla

I am glad i was able to humble the Old man,i can see that you are now talking in a manner that may justify your age .
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by asha80(m): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
@Sam milla

Better ignore a fool that is not yet aware of life and what it is all about.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
How many hours he sits down to pray for who and for what?

He gives scholarshp with whose Money?

What is the name of his firm?

The way you people say "MAN OF GOD" here makes other people look like men of Devil.

Arn't we all men of God, Unless you are not.

So we should accept everything thrown at us by Pastors , right?

dailynaira:

It's just a matter of time, you all who talk rubbish about what you don't understand will soon find out. How could you speak about men of God like that, I believe many of you would fill Christianity as your religion when filling forms. In a short while, you all will see God, then you will know.
He deserves a right to be a living legend. Do you know how many scholarships he gives out each year. Do you know how many charities he supports, because he doesnt carry a camcorder around to show it off doesnt mean he doesnt do it. By the way, before you ask, I'm not a member of his Church, but I respect and adore him.

Have you even sat down to listen to him. Do you know how many hours that man spends to pray, sense knowledge cannot do what he is doing in RCCG. It has to be the work of God. Anyways, I'm glad you all are saying these things, remember, they said the same things about Jesus too, Papa Adeboye, you are in good company. grin

What are we going to know when we see God for speaking the truth?

Damn, it sounds like this man is a saint.
Moderator please delete all my posts.

Hosea 4:6 : "my people perish for a lack of knowledge"
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by dailynaira: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

OZOLUA!

It will shock you to note that the average beggar on the streets has a phone. It will also shock you to note that people will give anything for someone they love. N50 isnt and cannot be compared to what many "poor" spend on drinks. I have found out that it is the poor who destroy themselves and not the government. I stay in Warri. The average conductor gets an average of N1000 daily amounting to 30k monthly.

Yet most of them cannot afford decent clothing, why because at the end of the day, a brothel eats it up! Yet, I have seen conductors pay their way thru school with the same money, and okada riders build houses. Enough of asking what people can and cannot afford.

Nigerians have several mindsets that need to be erased. One of them is the attitude we have of killing our treasures. Pastor Adeboye is a treasure to this nation whether you like it or not.
Do we realise that the same people we castigate are the same people foreigners adore.

Look at Nigeria, I just pity this country. look at the amount of money our preachers pay to broadcast from south Africa, much needed foreign income for us. but we are just too biased to see it. if Pastor Chris, TB joshua, Pastor Ayo, Chosen, Abel Damina and Prophet Sam Ayorinde were given licences to operate in Nigeria, do you know what would accrue to the government each year in licencing fees and even taxes each year. We are a bunch of seemingly knowlegeable yet ignorant folks being so Biased on every issue.
If Obama were in Nigeria, He would never have won.

Believe it or not!
Haba!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning / FG Will Privatize Refineries Before December / No Ransom Was Paid For The Release Of Chibok Girls – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.