Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? (14064 Views)

Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? / Fayemi Christmas Rice Hits Ekiti Towns (photo) / Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by FisifunKododada: 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You came up with molue conjecture and beer parlour gossips and you want a research expert to consider those foul hypothesis without scientific input.

Wonders they say shall never end.

cool scientific input? Bhuahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa. All is required from you is basic reading comprehension and a copy of the map of Nigeria. Basic stuff that any fool (including you) can do without sweating your pea brain. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by LadyExcellency: 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
FisifunKododada:

cool scientific input? Bhuahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa. All is required from you is basic reading comprehension and a copy of the map of Nigeria. Basic stuff that any fool (including you) can do without sweating your pea brain. cool

Are you this insecure to have already lost your civility than to accept mistakes by inherent limitations.

Bye

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by FisifunKododada: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Are you this insecure to have already lost you civility because of lack of humility to accept mistakes by inherent limitations.

Bye

cool Okay. Don't mind my harsh tones. Just prove any of my assertions wrong. Enough with the unnecessary big grammar that's making you seem clueless.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
you just picked the worst state out of the SS to prove your point. Can you even compare Ebonyi to bayelsa? And did you have to insult the ijaw peeps. if they dish out insults to you now y'all will scream "igbophobia" or "marginalization".

Anyways, the fact is that the SS is ahead of the SE by a large margin.
job opportunities
better standard of living
better socioeconomic life
obviously more developed than the SE, and many more.
christopher123:

In what area ..pls tell us ..is it human capacity or the cities ..
Let's take bayelsa for instance

So swampy
Those ijaw guys are so lazy that they idle around doing nothing ..they sell their employment slots also

So in what area

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Mzdivacious(f): 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You should not have replied because you failed woefully in your assertion of Abuja being part of Hausaland.
ok what is it
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by adsonstone: 1:08am On Jan 11, 2016
iamkeyz:
OP you have said your mind and you asked valid questions
well, the thing is, nigeria has branded igbo as evil since after the war
federal govts has refused to give SE what other regions have thus se is poor and its mostly only business of buying and selling that thrive there
SE LACKS
SEA PORT
GOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
GOOD FEDERAL ROADS AND PROJECTS
etc
so tell me, who would love to live there if not the natives who can manage?
you know, what we have are either provided by state govt or individual efforts and you already know that its not good enough.
we are friendly, honest and hardworking people
but we hate to be intimidated simple
i hope i answered SOME of your questions?
proudly from the erosion ravaged anambra state

In as much as I agree with some points up there eg; that the South Easterners engage mostly in merchandise, I disagree with most of the points stated as only an uninformed individual will make those points.

1. SeaPorts.
As the name implies, Seaports can only be built where there are Seas/Oceans easily accessible by Ships and other means of transportation on/in water. Anyone who has a little knowledge of geography or maps will know that ALL states in the SE are landlocked thus, it is not possible to build seaports in the SE. That's the reason for the absence of seaports and not hatred for the SE. Infact, only the South West and the South South have Seaports of all the regions in Nigeria.

2. "Good" International Airports
The Akanu Ibiam International Airport is in Enugu State in the South East. The last time I checked, no region in Nigeria has more than ONE international Airport, the North East has none. The same Airport in the SE; despite being relatively new, it has undergone renovations to upgrade its facilities. Murtala Mohammed International has been there for years, crying for help yet nothing is being done to it, there has been numerous complaints about it...even here on NL (eg www.nairaland.com/2859691/bad-state-port-harcourt-international-airport), yet, I don't see South Westerners complain of hatred or Neglect...or even the North easterners that have none, we don't hear them.

3. Good Federal Roads and Projects
In as much as many of the SE roads are bad just like in many other regions, the SE still boasts of some of the best federal roads in Nigeria like the Obiozora-Iziagu road ...and for other projects; yes, the FG has hospitals and Schools; infact, some of the best Nigerian Universities like; University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka....just to mention a few.

You have no evidence to show that Nigeria has tagged Igbos as evil since the civil war besides, if the South Easterners are really friendly as you claim, they will not seek secession.

My simple advise to you and every other south easterner is that you should focus on positives and seek the unity and progress of Nigeria, rather than secession.

May God Bless and Uphold Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by adsonstone: 1:30am On Jan 11, 2016
realjoker:
Please I dont want this to lead to an E-war
Mature contribution only if you know you are a tribal fanatic don't bother to make contribution please.
Why is it that most Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly, people from other regions despise them so much such that they dont want to look for business opportuinity in their region or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.
Even the north that most of us love to hate and we label intolerant set of people have more concentration of non native in there villages than igbo cities and their town and cities are mostly made up of up to 30-45% non indigenes or non northerners.

Well said, Op.

In my opinion, the level of hostility in the south east is quite high and opportunities are not as many as they are in other regions. I believe these two factors rank top. I've had a couple of friends (corpers) who found it difficult to secure an apartment because they weren't Natives...and when they finally got, they had to pay more compared to my other corpers who were natives.

An average 'rational' Nigerian will seek 'greener pastures' and that's why the South Easterners and Northerners are quite many in the SouthWest and SouthSouth.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Afam4eva(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Abagworo:
There is actually a town in Abia which consists of at least 70% non-Igbos.
Which town will that be?
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Abagworo:
Is it not same with Southwest? Abeokuta, Ibadan, Oshogbo, Akure, Owo, Ogbomoso, Ilesha, Oyo, Ado Ekiti etc. are just Yoruba towns with almost everything Yoruba. Lagos cannot be counted as a Yoruba city per se as it developed as a national centre.

I think you're right but there's a marginal percentage of non natives in those Yoruba towns (outside Lagos) compared to Igbo towns. I think the reasons are not far fectched. The opportunities in Igboland are limited just like in other parts of Nigeria except Lagos, Abuja and Port-hacourt. The little opportunities that exist in Igboland are occupied by Igbos and Igbos are violent business men. It's tought for anyone to compete with them. I can't even compete with them. They scare me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by VintageCocktail(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
adsonstone:

Well said, Op.

In my opinion, the level of hostility in the south east is quite high and opportunities are not as many as they are in other regions. I believe these two factors rank top. I've had a couple of friends (corpers) who found it difficult to secure an apartment because they weren't Natives...and when they finally got, they had to pay more compared to my other corpers who were natives.

An average 'rational' Nigerian will seek 'greener pastures' and that's why the South Easterners and Northerners are quite many in the SouthWest and SouthSouth.
You know....this writeup is fallacious and malicious too especially about the corp members.
Hostility in terms of what....while hibernating in your enclave or mere hearsay, have you witness the hostility first hand. People that afraid of competing often have a way of rationalising their actions.
The opportunity aspect is the main issue here, the little opportunities we have has been taken by the natives. If there is adequate federal presence like is obtainable in other region it would've been different.
3[b]. Good Federal Roads and Projects
In as much as many of the SE roads are bad just like in many other regions, the SE still boasts of some of the best federal roads in Nigeria like the Obiozora-Iziagu road ...and for other projects; yes, the FG has hospitals and Schools; infact, some of the best Nigerian Universities like; University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka....just to mention a few.
[/b]we[i][/i] /we are talking about Enugu Port Harcourt expressway, Enugu Onitsha highway, Onitsha okigwe federal highway to mention but a few and you are talking about Obiozora....what the hell dude.!!! Stop patronising the southeast with those universities you mentioned as the best blablabla....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Igbaba2: 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
northvietnam:
please before u come to public to post things gather facts abeg.....
My broda, it is true...................in s/w u here Ohaneze or Ndigbo, can here d name of any Yoruba grp in igbo? I've dere for a yr. Igbo pple are not really tolerant buh dey're still gud sha.......buh too curious to make it in life.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by northvietnam(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Igbaba2:

My broda, it is true...................in s/w u here Ohaneze or Ndigbo, can here d name of any Yoruba grp in igbo? I've dere for a yr. Igbo pple are not really tolerant buh dey're still gud sha.......buh too curious to make it in life.

but why the so much hate/ E war between W/ E
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by christopher123(m): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
but they are the richest state ...in what margin are south south higher.. let us exclude the igbo speaking south south...pls tell me one ijaw village that is better than any place in anambra or enugu

Slikbae:
you just picked the worst state out of the SS to prove your point. Can you even compare Ebonyi to bayelsa? And did you have to insult the ijaw peeps. if they dish out insults to you now y'all will scream "igbophobia" or "marginalization".

Anyways, the fact is that the SS is ahead of the SE by a large margin.
job opportunities
better standard of living
better socioeconomic life
obviously more developed than the SE, and many more.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
pls what do you mean by Igbo speaking South South? That is alien to SSners. SS belongs to the urhobos, ijaws, efiks,ibibios, itsekiris,ikwerres,okrikas,ogonis,isokos etc. The SE belongs to the igbos.

That said, PH, Warri, Uyo, Calabar, are all better in all ramifications that any SE state. And pls don't tell me how Ph, Uyo , warri etc is igboland.
christopher123:
but they are the richest state ...in what margin are south south higher.. let us exclude the igbo speaking south south...pls tell me one ijaw village that is better than any place in anambra or enugu

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by DiademSh07: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
christopher123:

But people still do business in inhospitable region ..its not all about the hospitality but market dynamics

People still do business in China and north Korea even Saudi Arabia yet these areas are not hospitalable

Let's learn to compete not to look for hospitality

Owerri has one of the highest hotels and they still build new ones daily ..so who lodges there

Oga no venture no success

LOL!
You still dey ask that Kind kweshion when new prostitute dey emerge everyday for Imo! Where do you think this your sister dey land? For your house?
Yeye!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by christopher123(m): 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:
pls what do you mean by Igbo speaking South South? That is alien to SSners. SS belongs to the urhobos, ijaws, efiks,ibibios, itsekiris,ikwerres,okrikas,ogonis,isokos etc. The SE belongs to the igbos.

That said, PH, Warri, Uyo, Calabar, are all better in all ramifications that any SE state. And pls don't tell me how Ph, Uyo , warri etc is igboland.

Oh finest stupidity delta state Ifeanyi is urhobo Asaba speaks ijaw ,etche in rivers speaks latin while asaa in river speak Greece then ndoki in rivers speaks French then the ukwuani speaks Dutch

Why are you this stupid ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Abagworo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
Afam4eva:

I think you're right but there's a marginal percentage of non natives in those Yoruba towns (outside Lagos) compared to Igbo towns. I think the reasons are not far fectched. The opportunities in Igboland are limited just like in other parts of Nigeria except Lagos, Abuja and Port-hacourt. The little opportunities that exist in Igboland are occupied by Igbos and Igbos are violent business men. It's tought for anyone to compete with them. I can't even compete with them. They scare me.

Thats the truth and all of it. Every adult knows but seek to deny it. Nigeria revolves around Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Most Nigerians after graduating move to these 3 cities and only return to 2nd tier cities if they fail to find a base in any one of the 3.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
desist from quoting me if you can't engage in conversations like an adult without throwing tantrums.

the Igbo's in SS are seen as immigrants. Simple! I won't comment further.
christopher123:

Oh finest stupidity delta state Ifeanyi is urhobo Asaba speaks ijaw ,etche in rivers speaks latin while asaa in river speak Greece then ndoki in rivers speaks French then the ukwuani speaks Dutch

Why are you this stupid ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by christopher123(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:
desist from quoting me if you can't engage in conversations like an adult without throwing tantrums.

And the non igbo are seem as aborigines ...oya come chase them away ...minority
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Abagworo(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:

Stop making such unfounded comments or if you don't know go and learn history. State delineation doesn't define ethnic boundaries. Rivers and Delta States have sizeable Igbo populations.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
says those who claim Lagos is a "no man's land".
Abagworo:

Stop making such unfounded comments or if you don't know go and learn history. State delineation doesn't define ethnic boundaries. Rivers and Delta States have sizeable Igbo populations.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
says those who claim Lagos is a "no man's land". There's a sizeable population of Chinese in China Town U.S.A , I guess Chinese owns that part of U.S.A too.
Abagworo:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by asha80(m): 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:
says those who claim Lagos is a "no man's land". There's a sizeable population of Chinese in China Town U.S.A , I guess Chinese owns that part of U.S.A too.
High display of ignorance..sometimes it is just better to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Minority that has fed you and your ancestors since time immemorial. Minority that is feeding the nation. What has your majority done for you except cause overpopulation?

Minority but you won't stop encroaching our lands. I guess you don't know what the population of the SS is and that its far bigger than that of the SE. dream on!
christopher123:

And the non igbo are seem as aborigines ...oya come chase them away ...minority

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Abagworo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:

So Delta Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Kachikwu and Sunny Odogwu and JJ Okocha and Okonjo Iweala and Joe Achuzie are not indigenes of Delta State.

Egbema in both Imo and Rivers States have one traditional ruler.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/egbema-youths-endorse-obis-son-for-leadership/

Impressed by the leadership attributes and philanthropy of
one of the sons of the late Nze Obi of Egbema, a foremost
traditional ruler in Imo State, youths from the area have
asked Chief Francis Uzor Obi to provide leadership for
them.

The Egbema youths, drawn from Imo and Rivers states, said
they were in need of a leader who would refocus them
towards development, declaring that the younger Nze Obi
was the ideal man they were looking for.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by christopher123(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:
Minority that has fed you and your ancestors since time immemorial. Minority that is feeding the nation. What has your majority done for you except cause overpopulation?

Minority but you won't stop encroaching our lands. I guess you don't know what the population of the SS is and that its far bigger than that of the SE. dream on!
Who are the population is it ijaw or these sobo tribes...minority ...its even igbo is the majority from rivers to Delta

Now suck my balls
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by princdebola201(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
Which non indigene will want to live in a non economic viable Land, majority of the businesse you see in south east re owned by the indigenes.

The region were 70% of inhabitants re traders.

That's why u see them running to southwest,south south and north to find a target market for the fake products.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nigga, you're suffering from a severe case of dementia. Listen the urhobos are the fifth largest tribe in Nigeria after the Fulani's constituting 9% of the total population of Nigeria. The urhobo tribe is the largest tribe in the South south, followed by the efik/ibibios which constitute 7% of the population. The Igbo's constitute 18%. The Igbo's are NOT the largest tribe in the SS.

NB: I haven't included the binis, itsekiris, ijaws, etc.

PS: Never quote me in your ignorance. The least you can do before diving into my mentions is be enlightened. Also, due to your stark oblivion, I will cease to tender my contributions.

Farewell!!
christopher123:

Who are the population is it ijaw or these sobo tribes...minority ...its even igbo is the majority from rivers to Delta

Now suck my balls

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
Your TL says you've spent a heart shredding one year of your life on Nairaland. Like seriously?? Who knows what you'd have been today if you had spent that "one year" doing something meaningful?

I refuse to comment further. Since you're not "ignorant", put your time to better use.

Shalom!
asha80:

High display of ignorance..sometimes it is just better to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by asha80(m): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:
Your TL says you've spent a heart shredding one year of your life on Nairaland. Like seriously?? Who knows what you'd have been today if you had spent that "one year" doing something meaningful?

I refuse to comment further. Since you're not "ignorant", put your time to better use.

Shalom!
if you checked the year I registered and know what I do then my tl on nairaland will not be a problem unless one is subsumed in ignorance as you are..now run along

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by jacseniore(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
There is nothing one won't see on this forum, just because u're ignorant of something doesn't mean u should go all out to stereotype a particular group. So who are all those men we hear on radio always selling herbal drugs, the money changers, the shoe shiners, gatemen, kiosk owners, meat sellers, taxi drivers, corporate business men/women hosting business seminars and other civil servants. I mean i can go on but for the fact u've already concluded, it doesn't really worth it.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Slikbae: 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
desist from quoting me and put your time to use. Hopefully it won't turn to "two years" soon.

put your time to use. You obviously, eat, sleep, breath and live on NL.

Don't quote me again!
asha80:
if you checked the year I registered and know what I do then my tl on nairaland will not be a problem unless one is subsumed in ignorance as you are..now run along

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS / Reps Probe NPA Over Whistleblower’s $1bn Secret Account Claim / Abubakar Maigandi: Fuel Scarcity May Last For Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.